Latest topics

Asad and Tanveer: Friends with Benefits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Asad and Tanveer: Friends with Benefits

Post by Beekay on 2013-06-10, 15:25

His relationship with Tanveer falls under
the category “Friends with benefits”. So I don’t blame Tanveer for moving forward
with her plans. With Asad being engaged to Zoya (his choice, he did not have a
gun pointed at him, right), his main focus should be Zoya.

He should never have been a “shoulder to
cry on” for Tanveer. Asad has made the classic error and is conveying the wrong
message to Tanveer. Asad has stepped over the fine line of friendship between a
man and a woman. I don’t blame Tanveer. She has misconstrued his friendly help.
Asad should have been polite, shown his concern, been helpful but involved his Ammi
and Najma in taking care of Tanveer. Asad should have stayed strong about this
and kept his shoulder to himself maybe given it to Zoya more often than he does
now… With Zoya, he makes her cry and then runs to wipe them.

Asad should make sure he is never alone
with Tanveer at any point of time. He should ensure that Dilshad, Najma or Zoya
are around at any point of time. Tanveer has also hinted at marriage…Asad
should keep a mile distance from her. He is not dumb, right and I don’t think
he is naïve too. The writers had portrayed his character as a person who think
before he does something. Where did that Asad go?

In the SBS segment of the Mehendi scene,
Asad and Tanveer are clinging to one another in one shot and the next minute he
lets her go and turns to Zoya when he realised that Zoya is in the room. What
does this mean? Is Asad going to turn back to Tanveer the moment Zoya goes out
of the frame. Oh for heaven sake, please don’t the massacre Asad’s character in
the attempt to add a dramatic flare to the serial. It was very refreshing to
see a man as young as Asad being over-protective and hiding behind traditions,
culture, etc in these modern times. It was nice to see him opening himself out
to change for the woman he loves without losing himself and then the whole
thing is sullied with this cheap relation between Tanveer and Asad…

Disgusting, isn’t it???

Beekay

Back to top Go down

Re: Asad and Tanveer: Friends with Benefits

Post by Maria J on 2013-06-10, 15:33

Hi Beekay, hug1

Asad and Tanveer back story is needed for commenting on this na.. Maybe they have been very close and so this is normal for him probably..
But ya it's high time he realises Tanveer has changed a lot.. and not all that sweet little friend of his anymore..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-10, 15:40

Perfecto Beekay Thumbsup

I know...childhood frnds do behave in a very different manner......for them ...its just a natural thing to do..they never grow up....BUT this goes a change when one's spouse/fiancée comes into picture......even though slight...but there is a definite change in the dynamics when a third person enters ....

Asad has to and should realise this more coz he has traditional thot process and also he knows that Zoya is jealous of tanu......

Boy!!! I am so eager to see his face when the truth comes out bounce

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Beekay on 2013-06-10, 15:53

No its not true... its nothing to do with childhood friends... believe me...I have a lot of male childhood friends... as long as we were single, yeah we hung around...but the moment any one of them had a girlfriend or got married...we never crossed the line of friendship. This does not mean that we stopped keep in touch. I still can rely on their support anytime. We still hug or kiss each other but only, only on occasions like New Years, b'days etc... and in front of their wives/girl friends. I definitely will not have conversations behind close doors, it is always out in the open. I may even meet up with them on a one on one basis for a coffee with their wives or girl friends present but not without their knowledge... But definitely don't sit there holding hands and stuff like that...
So it is disgusting that the writers are stretching it so much just to get some message across.

Beekay

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-10, 16:09

Beekay wrote:No its not true... its nothing to do with childhood friends... believe me...I have a lot of male childhood friends... as long as we were single, yeah we hung around...but the moment any one of them had a girlfriend or got married...we never crossed the line of friendship. This does not mean that we stopped keep in touch. I still can rely on their support anytime. We still hug or kiss each other but only, only on occasions like New Years, b'days etc... and in front of their wives/girl friends. I definitely will not have conversations behind close doors, it is always out in the open. I may even meet up with them on a one on one basis for a coffee with their wives or girl friends present but not without their knowledge... But definitely don't sit there holding hands and stuff like that...
So it is disgusting that the writers are stretching it so much just to get some message across.

Yup true.....agree with u 100% Bee

really dont want the writers to dilute the character sketch of Asad...hopefully this time around.....when he holds her hands and side with tanu....he has plans to expose her or catch her red handed.....this can be the twist ....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-06-10, 16:13

pollyanna wrote:
Beekay wrote:No its not true... its nothing to do with childhood friends... believe me...I have a lot of male childhood friends... as long as we were single, yeah we hung around...but the moment any one of them had a girlfriend or got married...we never crossed the line of friendship. This does not mean that we stopped keep in touch. I still can rely on their support anytime. We still hug or kiss each other but only, only on occasions like New Years, b'days etc... and in front of their wives/girl friends. I definitely will not have conversations behind close doors, it is always out in the open. I may even meet up with them on a one on one basis for a coffee with their wives or girl friends present but not without their knowledge... But definitely don't sit there holding hands and stuff like that...

Yup true.....agree with u 100% Bee

really dont want the writers to dilute the character sketch of Asad...hopefully this time around.....when he holds her hands and side with tanu....he has plans to expose her or catch her red handed.....this can be the twist ....

Agree Beekay it is disgusting when Asad is alone with Tanveer and they hold hands to much No and more over Asad is a very conservative na then how come he is crossing the lines.. Heights of hypocrisy.. Rolling Eyes

Pals hope that is the case.. :)

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-10, 16:20

Yup, childhood friends ... no issue... but now that the man is engaged to some other girl, he needs to pull his fiance in when he is having talks with his childhood friend. The dynamics always change when one of the childhood friend gets a life partner...

Beekay!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-10, 17:00

Yup Vi......Asad ki toh waat lagne wali hai ab.....Wink Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-10, 19:39

Asad is rough and tough on the outside and in the inside he is soft as a kitten on the inside . Tanu is his BEST friend. They were inseparable when they were children. People even thought that they would marry when they become adults. Asad was deprived of a father's love, he sees betrayal and he trusts almost no one; however the ones he does he does so wholeheartedly. This is what blinds him from realising who Tanu really is and Tanu is aware of this. Tanu has never given Asad any reason to doubt her. She has always been polite, elegant,soft spoken and very "traditional". She was his confidente when she came to stay at his home. It was Tanu who "found" the doll and smell the gas leak etc. She has the "qualities" Asad wants in a wife, but his heart chose someone else. Now Tanu is in "trouble" Asad does not what to push her away when she "needs" him at this point in her life. She has lost everything- a burnt factory and evading an abusive husband. His closeness to her it is of pity and comfort. He is alo sensitive to her feelings.
On the other hand, Zoya has done some foolish acts in the past, she even found herself in situations where circumstances were unfortunate to her, despite being innocent. She has lied to Asad numerous times, giving him a good reason not to trust her. Zoya has to earn Asad's trust and maybe by reavealing the "real face" of Tanu will allow her to cross that barrier of mistrust. Zoya questions Tanu because of her suspicions, but Asad views her sacarsims, accusations and remarks to be insultive stemming from "jealousy". He has not seen what Zoya speaks of.
I have witnessed people doing almost anything for a friend because of their bonds and years of aquaintance. Even put friendship above their spouses. Some spouses approved and others had issues with it. Clearly Zoya has an issue and I believe she is jealous of the bond Asad and Tanu shares since that closeness doesnot exist between her and her fiancee. Asad has never confided in her, whereas she has trusted him and confided in him. He has assisted her in many ways so her trust was built.
Our Jodi has a looooonnnggg way to go.

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum