Latest topics

I perceive myself as Akbar: Ekta Kapoor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I perceive myself as Akbar: Ekta Kapoor

Post by Maria J on 2013-06-11, 15:15

Ekta Kapoor needs no introduction! The queen of Indian television, who has struck the right chord with the audiences is once again set to try her hands on something which was never touched before. "I am coming out of my comfort zone for Jodha Akbar because I had never ever done historical shows before," asserted Ekta.

Audiences are already familiar with Jodha Akabr (The movie), then why Jodha Akbar again? "Well, this question was raised by Ashutosh Gowarikar also that why Jodha Akbar again and I said that History is always a perception as it always gives you events like a war happened and so and so person won it but what actually happened and what drama and emotion the characters went through is audiences' perception. Its all about which side of story is shown to you. So we can still play around the facts without changing them. All in all the beauty of history is perception and its acceptance and if someone could not accept it, he or she can never be successful in his life," observed Ekta.

Talking about Ekta's Akbar (Rajat Tokas), which is all together different than what Hrithik Roshan Played in Jodha Akbar and what Prithviraj Kapoor played in Mughal E Azaam, so will audiences accept him as their new Akbar? On the same she shared, "As I said History is perception and it gives you only events and we have to play around with the facts. We cannot say that the Akbar which Prithviraj played and the Akbar which Hrithik Played are incorrect, they were correct at their age. I am showing the Akbar who is young, wild, the one who has got immense success at very tender age. He is just 21 and the whole nation is in his hands, his personal life is ruined by his parents. My Akbar is all about madness, power and how Jodha with her love make him humble. It's a story about cultural and religious battle. So I wanted someone who is young but has a kind of maturity in his face."

As you said that Akbar got success and power at very tender age, so somewhere do you associate with this fact as you have won millions of heart at a very young age? "(Laughs) When I Perceived Akbar, I turned to myself. Because when you become successful at very early age, you become a bit brash. I think when you grow you either associate your own perception and relation. Yes, I perceive myself as Akbar," answered Ekta.

What will Jodha Akbar bring to your audience? "Well, my Jodha Akbar is a basic journey of Akbar and Jodha. It's a story of Love at the time of hate, love that changed humanity, how a cruel king became a lover and then came the understanding and acceptance of all religion. It's a story which time needs to know. I hope audiences like it."

Credit: Times of India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-perceive-myself-as-Akbar-Ekta-Kapoor/articleshow/20536930.cms

Maria J

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum