Latest topics

I surrender myself to Ekta: Ashiwini Kalsekar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I surrender myself to Ekta: Ashiwini Kalsekar

Post by Maria J on 2013-06-15, 14:53

Ekta Kapoor's version of Jodha Akbar on Zee TV is the talk of the town these days. With Ekta being nervous trying historical for the first time, she is also confident in her team work and the casting. 

Graceful Ashwini Kalsekar right from playing a scheming aunty in Kasam Se till portraying a powerful Maham Anga in Ekta Kapoor's magnum opus Jodha Akbar, the actress still treats herself as a director's actor.

Talking about her role in the show she shared, "I can't reveal much about Mahan Anga because it is something audiences should watch out for and the way Ekta has narrated me this character is just out standing. I would say even if I can do point five percent of what Ekta has narrated and enacted, it would be the best character of all. Nothing can stop this character from becoming the best role on TV.

On being asked about the study on this character, she observed, "I have surfed Mahan Anga's character information on the net which was available but interestingly Ekta doesn't wanted me to know much about the character. She wanted to me to be a blank slate on which she could then sketch a beautiful character. She wanted to show Mahan Anga's character through her perception and I agree with her. I surrender completely to Ekta, let her decide, let her narrate, accordingly she enacts, she decides and I follow."

Audiences are already familiar to how Ila Arun had played Maham Anga's character in Jodha Akbar, so how will you try to make it look different? "It is different from how Ila Arun essayed Maham Anga in Jodha Akbar. She is a very talented lady; she is very senior to me. I don't think anybody should compare A and B. Everyone has different perception. For example we cannot compare Big B's Agneepath with Hrithik's. So I would request all that not to compare my character with what Ila Ji has played. I would play my version of Maham Anga which Ekta has narrated. I would not copy Ila Ji as we are going to present it in a very different way," said Ashwini.

Well we wish Ashwini for playing Maham Anga's role.

Credit: Times of India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-surrender-myself-to-Ekta-Ashiwini-Kalsekar/articleshow/20602485.cms

Maria J

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum