Latest topics

JA: Points to ponder : 18 & 19/06/2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JA: Points to ponder : 18 & 19/06/2013

Post by riyya6 on 2013-06-21, 14:08

hi ...

As i have currently nothing to watch, so the title of the show caught my attention.. JA, i loved the movie version acted by HR & A Rai... So when i saw a glipmse of the promo, i wanted to actually see it... so decided to go by updates as im not into Historical shows ... but yday i did watch the 1st & 2nd Epi, n here are my points:-

I did like the opening of the show when both Jodha & akhbar was shown in the background talking, n they reversing the story to tell the viewers what happen... I find it a nice touch...

1. Lots of graphic used... Espically when line up of mans during war n fights... Very obvious...

2. There was a scene wer Jodha was asked to sit n they are putting things on the other side but suddenly a guy comes n put something n she goes up... but that thing does not look that heavy ... what the 

3. Language/ body language - i have read many post on this i agree... its easy to understand as a viewer but when u are potraying historical shows like this i think the language cannot be so simple... i dun see anything royal here... the sets are ok but other than that u dun get the feel of royal thing in the show...I like the palace wer Jodha was introduce, it was nice...

4. Certain scenes are overdramatic...

- cutting leg for stealing slipper 

- Jodha when she sees the jewels of the godness got stolen 

- Jodha expression changes like  when shes angry... the consistency of looks / avatar when shes ok n turns into angry mode, should be taken into Note.

-Moti Bhai What the ... guys was she raped or what, she wanted to kill herself ... or did i miss something...

-Song played when the jewels got stolen, what the... it was like tamil drama effect  overdramatic...

-someone did mention in the forum that the young akhbar n later when the actor playing akhbar shown, the height difference was not there.. They should have choosen someone who is shorther... n then when akhbar is shown we can see the differences...just my view 

-the old lady wer she told jodha future, she throw something... n it falls later when the queen collect it after chsing the lady, it was all over over dramatic 

5. Jodha : When i saw the promo i asked myself why this girl was choosen as a heroin. I have not seen any of her previous work but then i thought its too early to judge a person like that. But i actually like her after watching the show. I wont say shes too good but she can always improve n i hope she given chance to prove her ability in acting. I only have one complain on the actress playing Jodha, plz dun get me wrong, her teeth... Notice it in certain angle of shot n when she talks n smiles, its disturbing to see... I know there is nothing can be done but i think they should note this when shot is taken.

6. Akhbar: When i watch the promo this guy playing akhbat caught my attention...I like this guy playing akhbar...hes cute   I only have 2 complain on actor playing Akhbar

-I wish he was taller...

- He has a sweet voice n here they are potraying him as cruel king... but still early to judge... his voice seems to not match it...

Other Cast : i like the actress playing the queen, but again here certain act of hers does not look like shes a queen. The King the less i say the better ... Jodha sister 2 was ... guys are this people aware they are potraying a royal family...

Overall ; Actually i kind of liked the epi it was funny 

7.  no offense to anyone... This is just my thoughts after watching the 1st 2 Episodes... ...

do share ur views n thoughts 2 ...  Dunno wether I will continue watching but mayb will follow the updates

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: JA: Points to ponder : 18 & 19/06/2013

Post by slmu on 2013-06-21, 14:14

Nice pointers.. haven't seen the show yet so can't really comment.

I do like Rajat, he seems to land one historical show after another

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-06-21, 14:20

10q buddy... Yup heard that rajat did historical show earlier 2... Can't say much abt him too as I never watch his work earlier n now with only 2 epi but the drawback that I note he's a bit short- muscles , kind of nice voice

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-06-21, 14:26

Hmm.. its ages since I saw him.. so better not comment without watching

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-06-21, 14:29

@ shanthi : fair enough buddy....

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-21, 14:52

I have not watched the show yet .. coincidentally..I happened to see a still of JA and MP together ..and that decided for me..JA was all tacky & Garish..with a emperor who looked as if he had used minimal glue to stick the mooch ..The Body language was pathetic ..whereas Maharana Pratap was Regal, there was a dignity, the open chested stance of a warrior King .. needless to say, I plumped for MP :)

This was my summation based on the stills..Yet to see the episode of JA..will talk after watching the show..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-06-21, 15:16

Nice pointers Riyya.. Thumbsup

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-06-21, 16:13

There you go Tants I so damn agree with you . MP is so regal and royal than JA. After watching the 2 episodes felt like Ekta needs to pit it lot mire effort in portraying this love story. Its the RAJPUTS AND Mughals who both were wealthy and that has to be shown.
For the acting part less said the better. Lets hope it improved as the story progress

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-21, 16:39

Loved the post Riya...Thumbsup

yet to watch the episodes.....let me do it over the weekend :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-21, 17:48

amimus wrote:There you go Tants I so damn agree with you . MP is so regal and royal than JA. After watching the 2 episodes felt like Ekta needs to pit it lot mire effort in portrayir ng this love story. Its the RAJPUTS AND Mughals who both were wealthy and that has to be shown.
For the acting part less said the better. Lets hope it improved as the story progress

Thanxx, Amijaan ..

I seriously do wonder why Ekta tries this genre, she burnt her hands with Mahabharat and now she wants to do JA ..

Personally, I felt tht Harshad would have suited Akbar's Character rather than Rajat..

Ekta must realize the difference between garish and splendour

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-06-21, 19:42

@ tanthya& aminus: u guys are right... I did watch 2 epi of the show , the show was funny Sach main ....  Everything seems out of place, for god sake its historical show but u dun feel it... I have not seen mp so will not comment on it... But going by still mp is far away better I would say.... 

@ Maria& Pollyanna: 10q ....

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-06-22, 12:07

Tanthya wrote:
amimus wrote:There you go Tants I so damn agree with you . MP is so regal and royal than JA. After watching the 2 episodes felt like Ekta needs to pit it lot mire effort in portrayir ng this love story. Its the RAJPUTS AND Mughals who both were wealthy and that has to be shown.

Thanxx, Amijaan ..

I seriously do wonder why Ekta tries this genre, she burnt her hands with Mahabharat and now she wants to do JA ..

Personally, I felt tht Harshad would have suited Akbar's Character rather than Rajat..

Ekta must realize the difference between garish and splendour

The choice of actors for the roles could have been better and yes Harshad would have done more justice to Akbar. I liked Rajat as the small Prithviraj Chauhan years back. But as Akbar no ways his voice is too soft and he does not look cruel . But as its a love story and requires softening of the character maybe that time Rajat will do justice.
Ekta is good only with Saas-bahu sagas she actually cant handle historicals and mythology .

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum