Latest topics

Dhanush--the Raanjhaana, Welcome to Bollywood!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dhanush--the Raanjhaana, Welcome to Bollywood!!!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-23, 13:04

It was Friday evening, I had a hectic week and was really looking forward to spend the weekend just doing NOTHING :P

But as per Murphy's law, things usually go wrong:evil:(this was what I thought then) when I have made up my mind on something, yes the "Something" for me was "Nothing" and i was all set to shut down my PC and head home when I got a call from my friend informing( mind u, they did not care to even ask) me that they have got tickets for Raanjhaana for a late nite show for Friday. And I was like:no:....there goes my weekend:cry: for a toss:roll:

Raanjhaana , to me, was just another movie which  had nothing to offer except Rehmaan's music. I had not watched any Dhanush's work(I am a North Indian and my information about him is strictly restricted to the Kolaveri guy and Rajnikanth's son in law) so was quite apprehensive :scratch:about him being a male lead in a movie which is based in the heart of India, that is Varanasi. About the female lead, Sonam Kapoor, the less said the better.affraid

Anyways, i got myself equipped with pepsi and nachos which can help me through the movie but little did I know that I was to be proved wrong Big Time!!! meoow

As the movie started, the goodies at hand was long forgotten and the eyes got glued to the 70mm screen.:rendeer:

Right from the first frame where Dhanush is wheeled into the ICU  while he transports you to the flashback, the vibrant colors, the festivities in the air and the kids collecting donations for the Raavan vadh set the tone of the story. The loop gets a proper closure in the last frame where the demon called Raavan which is used as a metaphor subtly depicting the vulnerability and flaws in all the characters and also Us.The 2 and a half hours drama has romance/love as its core subject infused with well timed humour and interlaced with  class divide, communal rivalry, intellectual privilege and political powerplay. party4

The director has challenged the norms, kept the issues open ended for viewers to make an intelligent choice and has taken an exceptional route of not making it a "happily ever after" movie.Thumbsup

Hats off to Dhanush for the briilliant performance, his efforts in learning the language and delivering it to the T(of course the slight accent is well accounted for as per the storyline), the notes,nuances and the intense emotional scenes are COMMENDABLE. I do not have an iota of doubt that HE is one of the best debut so far this year...cheers

Superlative acting by Ayub and Swara, the comic sense was perfectly timed.

Sonam faltered once again in, the only let-down of the movie. :OP:The character growth of Dhanush and Sonam goes through a sea change in the movie but one feels and relates only to Dhanush while Sonam falls flat in letting the viewers read her expressions.It should not come as a surprise if one says that a debutant with a lingo handicap has stolen the show from a certain Ms. Kapoor.bounce

Awesome dialogues...benaras captured in the truest sense...Rehman's music and tragicomic screenplay gives a full  paisa vasool entertainment. Dance

Raanjhaana is a must watch!!!   :* emb*:

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Dhanush--the Raanjhaana, Welcome to Bollywood!!!

Post by Twerme on 2013-06-23, 16:41

I’ll surely watch Raanjhaana,I think it would be a big hit I did searched it in bollywood reviews it’s rating is great…And as always India TV Shows were amazing…

Twerme
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-24, 12:03

Twerme wrote:I’ll surely watch Raanjhaana,I think it would be a big hit I did searched it in bollywood reviews it’s rating is great…And as always India TV Shows were amazing…

Hi Twerme....welcome to Dhwani :)

it is defo a good watch, hope u like it too :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by vasiraju on 2013-06-24, 18:12

Cool review Pals ..I was not at all interested in watching movie ..as even i am south indian girl Rolling Eyes ...i was awestruck bye the reviews given all the newspapers and websites nothing impressed me other than yours party4 ..

i felt your review is best as you felt the movie as it is ..now i will try to watch if time permits ..Thank you so much for sharing your experience :)

vasiraju

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-24, 23:37

vasiraju wrote:Cool review Pals ..I was not at all interested in watching movie ..as even i am south indian girl Rolling Eyes ...i was awestruck bye the reviews given all the newspapers and websites nothing impressed me other than yours party4 ..

i felt your review is best as you felt the movie as it is ..now i will try to watch if time permits ..Thank you so much for sharing your experience :)
Lucky2:*chg*: 

aapne toh mujhe sharmane pe majboor kar diya.....such a big compliment......muaah dear :)

Hope u like the movie.....i went with no expectations and came out a happy soul :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum