Latest topics

Is Zoya too ignorant.....?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Zoya too ignorant.....?

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-02-28, 19:30

The basic idea of clothing was to protest us (humans) from weather like cold, hot, rain and snow, especially when we started migrating. Later it transformed from necessity to prestige and fashion. Who defines what cloths are appropriate to what occasions? Dilshad said its not the cloths that's important but the intention of the person. So from that point of view nobody has got the right to criticise others' dressing style.

But from Zoya's point .....was it right to wear jeans to read Quran? How can she be so ignorant? Was it right on her part to put her host in a situation where they had to defend her? Isn't there a saying "when you are in Rome be a Roman".

Please share your views..........

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Zoya too ignorant.....?

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-28, 23:10

Sharmi......u have raised a very valid point.....

I feel there should be a particular attire which will justify the situation and if the condition demands. For eg---one wud not go to wedding in jeans ...even if ur blessings are pure and honest.......similarly...if there is a religious ceremony....one expects u to dress traditionally...that does not mean u get decked up in all the fineries and jewellery .....the idea is to be conservatively attired.......whether u have a pure heart or not......it has no relation with the clothes one wears.....

Moreover we have to take into account the place and gentry......I cant go to a tier 2 town wearing tight jeans.......it will call for unnecessary attention and cause tension to me too.

Hence Zoya is not justified and is being stubborn.....she is ttaking way too much liberties at the expense of her host...... A person should be FLEXIBLE in his/her approach towards everything...and that includes clothes too....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-03-01, 04:15

She said she has been to such a gathering in the past, you can't tell me she only ever wore jeans to them, she wud have been taught wat appropriate wear is and also wud have observed wat everyone was wearing. Yeah the other lady had no rite to point fingers considering wat she was wearing, but Dilshaad could have made a comment to Zoya as well if she had wanted her to wear something else. Because it was Asad that mentioned it she was stubborn, without thinking it thru.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-03-01, 05:00

pollyanna wrote:Sharmi......u have raised a very valid point.....

I feel there should be a particular attire which will justify the situation and if the condition demands. For eg---one wud not go to wedding in jeans ...even if ur blessings are pure and honest.......similarly...if there is a religious ceremony....one expects u to dress traditionally...that does not mean u get decked up in all the fineries and jewellery .....the idea is to be conservatively attired.......whether u have a pure heart or not......it has no relation with the clothes one wears.....

Moreover we have to take into account the place and gentry......I cant go to a tier 2 town wearing tight jeans.......it will call for unnecessary attention and cause tension to me too.

Hence Zoya is not justified and is being stubborn.....she is ttaking way too much liberties at the expense of her host...... A person should be FLEXIBLE in his/her approach towards everything...and that includes clothes too....

Very true pallu.......:)

So basically its always best to stick to the clothing that is appropriate to the culture in that country......Don't be the odd one out.....and draw attention to yourself......

But India is a multi-cultural country.....A birth place for more than one religion.....We were ruled by Britishers for 100 years.......Its not new for us to see girls in jeans and shirts......Infact these days the pants of the salwar/khudidar are modified to add a bit of western feeling to it.....

Wedding is a big function, a grand occasion so most of the times people stick to the code........But there are still endless fghts between mom and daughters as to what they need to wear in a small gathering or a small family function......

is it best to blend or follow your heart......?

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-03-01, 05:12

sarra0 wrote:She said she has been to such a gathering in the past, you can't tell me she only ever wore jeans to them, she wud have been taught wat appropriate wear is and also wud have observed wat everyone was wearing. Yeah the other lady had no rite to point fingers considering wat she was wearing, but Dilshaad could have made a comment to Zoya as well if she had wanted her to wear something else. Because it was Asad that mentioned it she was stubborn, without thinking it thru.

If she had been to such gathering in New York.....then its possible nobody commented on her attire......or even if her sister did........Zoya must have conveniently ignored......Rolling EyesWink

Yes very true Sarra.....Only because it came from Asad she was more adament.....Twisted Evil

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-03-01, 09:20

If I began to talk on this subject sharmi I will have quote words from quran itself. As per our religious custom women should not wear dress which shows her curves perfectly even if it covers her fully. Both the ladies wore wrong dress like that sheela ki jwanai in that green sari and zoya in jeans. Im saying whatt quran says to have better idea. Yeah as you all said in common the dress code is like that as I said earlier and esp in such occasion she should have been careful cause no one will wear jeans for such occasions. No offence intended cause I dress as per our religious code which covers me properly and which are not figure hugging types. So just wanted to say it. Then of course in the religion there is no compulsion for anything. If you want to follow Quran you can, if you don’t want you can stay away. Allah has given freedom and there is no compulsion like as ruled by Taliban its against Allahs wishes. But Allah loves modest dressing. That’s all. im dead against the message Gul tried to give through that scene cause as dilshad could have corrected zoya too not in public but alone.

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-03-01, 09:37

clarissasham wrote:If I began to talk on this subject sharmi I will have quote words from quran itself. As per our religious custom women should not wear dress which shows her curves perfectly even if it covers her fully. Both the ladies wore wrong dress like that sheela ki jwanai in that green sari and zoya in jeans. Im saying whatt quran says to have better idea. Yeah as you all said in common the dress code is like that as I said earlier and esp in such occasion she should have been careful cause no one will wear jeans for such occasions. No offence intended cause I dress as per our religious code which covers me properly and which are not figure hugging types. So just wanted to say it. Then of course in the religion there is no compulsion for anything. If you want to follow Quran you can, if you don’t want you can stay away. Allah has given freedom and there is no compulsion like as ruled by Taliban its against Allahs wishes. But Allah loves modest dressing. That’s all. im dead against the message Gul tried to give through that scene cause as dilshad could have corrected zoya too not in public but alone.

True....we follow certain guidelines and omit certain guidelines to accomodate our life style.

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-03-01, 10:56

Agree with Shami,Sharmi and Sarra........I love jeans, shorts and dresses.....but i see to it that i am APPROPRIATELY clad according to the occasion which means.......wear traditional clothes during puja,wedding etc and western for outdoor excursions.....

Now if there is a small get-together at home...it depends who ware ur guests...if friends...u can wear western outfits...but if its a mixed crowd...then wear something contemporary.......find a middle ground......isnt it???

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-03-02, 05:04

sharmibalan wrote:
sarra0 wrote:She said she has been to such a gathering in the past, you can't tell me she only ever wore jeans to them, she wud have been taught wat appropriate wear is and also wud have observed wat everyone was wearing. Yeah the other lady had no rite to point fingers considering wat she was wearing, but Dilshaad could have made a comment to Zoya as well if she had wanted her to wear something else. Because it was Asad that mentioned it she was stubborn, without thinking it thru.

If she had been to such gathering in New York.....then its possible nobody commented on her attire......or even if her sister did........Zoya must have conveniently ignored......Rolling EyesWink

Yes very true Sarra.....Only because it came from Asad she was more adament.....Twisted Evil

Even in new York the attire for such gatherings wud not have been jeans. She does ignores wat she wants but that seems to apply more to Asad and to a certain degree you can understand y.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-03-02, 05:06

pollyanna wrote:Agree with Shami,Sharmi and Sarra........I love jeans, shorts and dresses.....but i see to it that i am APPROPRIATELY clad according to the occasion which means.......wear traditional clothes during puja,wedding etc and western for outdoor excursions.....

Now if there is a small get-together at home...it depends who ware ur guests...if friends...u can wear western outfits...but if its a mixed crowd...then wear something contemporary.......find a middle ground......isnt it???

Exactly Palls, it's about being flexible enough, sensible enough, mature enough to wear wats appropriate for the occasion

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-03-02, 21:20

sarra0 wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Agree with Shami,Sharmi and Sarra........I love jeans, shorts and dresses.....but i see to it that i am APPROPRIATELY clad according to the occasion which means.......wear traditional clothes during puja,wedding etc and western for outdoor excursions.....

Exactly Palls, it's about being flexible enough, sensible enough, mature enough to wear wats appropriate for the occasion

Thumbsup

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by fire.whisky on 2013-03-04, 10:59

I do not think Zoya is ignorant, it was a matter of reading Quran and that is what she did, unlike others who rather doing that, had all other business to look into.
On a personal basis as well if I was told to not wear certain dress because it was a traditional ceremony I would not take it that easy. Evil or Very Mad

sharmibalan wrote:The basic idea of clothing was to protest us (humans) from weather like cold, hot, rain and snow, especially when we started migrating. Later it transformed from necessity to prestige and fashion. Who defines what cloths are appropriate to what occasions? Dilshad said its not the cloths that's important but the intention of the person. So from that point of view nobody has got the right to criticise others' dressing style.

But from Zoya's point .....was it right to wear jeans to read Quran? How can she be so ignorant? Was it right on her part to put her host in a situation where they had to defend her? Isn't there a saying "when you are in Rome be a Roman".

Please share your views..........

fire.whisky
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by supna9 on 2013-03-04, 11:10

Hmmm... Reswa

supna9
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-03-04, 11:20

Nice discussion..
I think Dilshad did right by putting the green sari lady in her place.. but she must also let Zoya know that it would have been nice to be in traditional attire when they have a function or a religious meeting at home.

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Zoya's inappropriate dressing

Post by Desi786 on 2013-12-16, 15:33

Quabool Hai is an Islamic soapie. Islam teaches us to respect our religion and our elders. I think Zoya is taking advantage of Dilshad who always protects her. Zoya didn't use jeans at her engagement, she dressed according for the function, so why not when she's reading the quran. All young girls use jeans, nothing wrong with it, but throw over a long cloak when praying. I think she dis-respects Islam. She deserve dis-respect from others because she does not respect the home she's living in and the religion she's following.

Desi786

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-12-16, 15:56

Awesome Discussion ladies and I could not resist adding my piece. Gul wants to emphasize that Muslim women have evolved and  what is in the heart that truly matters and not what is worn. However she is taking this too far and her points are becoming irrelevant. In any religious gathering one has to respect the rituals performed and the appropriate dress code.One also has to respect the people one will be sitting amongst and furthermore,respect the fact it is not one's house but someone else's. With every job there is a dress code and conduct because of representation and professionalism.Why can we not give the creator the greatest respect. Dress in accordance with his law. We were commanded to dress in a manner to protect ourselves from being lusted at,encouraging men from giving us a second look. In prayer groups the purpose of dressing appropriately is to prevent distractions even though it is amongst women.Even between husband and wife there is a dress code during prayer...only because the focus and concentration is needed, prayer is the direct speaking to your lord. Qur'an is recited during prayer. Zoya's display in wearing a  skin hugging jeans and top during Qur'an recitation (which are the words of Allah) is total disrespect and fooloish. In trinidad, I have seen some muslim women dressed like zoya, but I have never seen one wearing such clothes in any Qur'anic recitation nor in Salaah (prayer)

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-16, 16:40

I wud like to say:'yes,You r a free bird but not the whole sky belongs to only you'... One should b considerate about the surroundings too not only his/her belief...zoya is intended to b shown as a free thinker but in the process she looked like self-centered n ignorant...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum