Latest topics

Does Gul Khan have a problem with men?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Beekay on 2013-06-26, 06:24

Seriously......

She has assassined Asad's character.  She built upAsad character and now she is slowly turning him into a wimpering fool. QH is the Indian serial I watch, but from the forum, she has done the same with her other male leads too.

Methinks she is disappointed with her husband??? Maybe her husband has been spineless when she needed him most??? She comes across as a strong feminist. 

Beekay

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Gul Khan have a problem with men?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-06-26, 06:49

Hi Beekay... Love your rants...

I have no idea... I started watching serials only 6 months ago.. Started with IPK and was shocked to see an abusive man as a lead and then the story went deeper into the character of ASR and I fell in love with him.

Asad is a simple man but with a prejudiced mind ... Regarding clothes and what an ideal woman should be like... He is paying for his prejudice now, isn't he? He trusted Tanveer bcos of her clothes and way of talking etc... He never fully believed Zoya ... If he did..he would understand Tanveer more...

gul is happily married to Gorky M. Director of Arjun and part of 4 Lions. I think she is a shrewd businesswomen. She knows how to make a story interesting  and how to capture market. Hindi serials have huge international market... Now she has taken it a notch up capturing a huge middle eastern market by making the characters Muslim. I am always at awe of how smart both Gul and Ekta are. It's not easy to be woman business head in this Man eat man world...

Not meant to hurt feelings... Just wanted to say... I admire her.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-26, 12:57

Hi Bee,

No dear..She is just pandering to the market ... Asad was a weak character from the word go with a prejudiced mindset and a bigoted view ..Once U break tht shell.. all  find will be mush and Asad is in the mushy stage now

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-06-26, 13:00

Beekay wrote:Seriously......

She has assassined Asad's character.  She built upAsad character and now she is slowly turning him into a wimpering fool. QH is the Indian serial I watch, but from the forum, she has done the same with her other male leads too.

Methinks she is disappointed with her husband??? Maybe her husband has been spineless when she needed him most??? She comes across as a strong feminist. 

All her male leads turn to mush wen they r in love, Asad was silent not sure how strong he was, he may just discover himself now

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-06-26, 13:05

The same happened with ASR in final days of ipk he turned to hen pegged hubby and we ranted and  ranted. But here for asad he was not that much strong since the beginning .

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-26, 13:06

sarra0 wrote:

All her male leads turn to mush wen they r in love, Asad was silent not sure how strong he was, he may just discover himself now

*Cynically* More like , He will turn into Lot's wife now..

Last edited by Tanthya on 2013-06-26, 13:07; edited 1 time in total

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-06-26, 13:06

Is this only restricted to Gul though? Every show, the male leads seem to turn mushy and unbearable.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-26, 13:09

slmu wrote:Is this only restricted to Gul though? Every show, the male leads seem to turn mushy and unbearable.

other shows, Men are non entity from the word GO !! ..it is usually in romance.. a male gets some scope to act which is stymied as soon as Marriage or confession takes place

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-26, 13:25

I think it is more to do with the bias that the channels and serial world has towards female leads than the opinion of Gul about the male characters that she carves...

The female leads have to suffer, they have to cry inside and laugh outside, they are superwomen capable of doing miracles with straining relationships and they are the pillars of the show... When things have to be balnaced, and the role of female leads fixed, it is the male lead role that gets the beating...

All done to cover the female crowd watching the show, they forget that female crowd has young minds which are keen on watching out for smart male lead roles which can think and act!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-06-26, 13:26

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

What a pillar of salt? Well if going past example is anything probably

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-06-26, 13:28

Abavi wrote:I think it is more to do with the bias that the channels and serial world has towards female leads than the opinion of Gul about the male characters that she carves...

The female leads have to suffer, they have to cry inside and laugh outside, they are superwomen capable of doing miracles with straining relationships and they are the pillars of the show... When things have to be balnaced, and the role of female leads fixed, it is the male lead role that gets the beating...

All done to cover the female crowd watching the show, they forget that female crowd has young minds which are keen on watching out for smart male lead roles which can think and act!

But they do have strong male leads to begin with, especially wen you compare it to other shows where they just don't turn up

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-26, 13:36

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

me betting on that !!:)Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-06-26, 13:50

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

me betting on that !!:)Twisted Evil

So am i.. but i want to b surprised, stamping my feet here... and this may be there best chance.. thou I'd feel short changed with ASR, but will they learn

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Beekay on 2013-06-26, 15:13

Below is my reasoning for the question asked.

"The Man Is The Head Of The Family, But The Woman Is The Neck. And She Can Turn The Head Any Way She Wants"  - From the movie "MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING (2002)"

There are 4 men in the serial and the portrayal of these men are:
[1] Asad Ahmed Khan: Head of the family but the neck is Dilshad... a constructive relationship... 
He also has another connection- the so-called "friendship" connection...where he is the head but the neck is Tanveer which is a destructive relationship. 
The dynamics of Asad and Zoya will be more of a partnership where they would be exchanging the roles depending on the situation... This is yet to happen.
[2] Rashid Ahmed Khan: "Head" of his family but the neck is not Shireen but Razia... destructive relationship...
[3] Ayaan Ahmed Khan: Tried to be the "head" of his situations but the neck is Razia... destructive relationship.
[4] Gaffur Siddiqui: Head of the family, through his weight around but the neck is definitely Razia... Razia has unintentionally made it a negative relationship.

All the men made to feel they are controlling the situation, but in reality they are being controlled by women :)

Last edited by Beekay on 2013-06-26, 16:20; edited 2 times in total

Beekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-26, 15:17

sarra0 wrote:
Abavi wrote:I think it is more to do with the bias that the channels and serial world has towards female leads than the opinion of Gul about the male characters that she carves...

But they do have strong male leads to begin with, especially wen you compare it to other shows where they just don't turn up

These shows are romantic shows and they should show equals to gain attention... and then later on, they get influenced by TRPs

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-06-26, 15:18

Shesherkobita wrote:Hi Beekay... Love your rants...

I have no idea... I started watching serials only 6 months ago.. Started with IPK and was shocked to see an abusive man as a lead and then the story went deeper into the character of ASR and I fell in love with him.

Asad is a simple man but with a prejudiced mind ... Regarding clothes and what an ideal woman should be like... He is paying for his prejudice now, isn't he? He trusted Tanveer bcos of her clothes and way of talking etc... He never fully believed Zoya ... If he did..he would understand Tanveer more...

gul is happily married to Gorky M. Director of Arjun and part of 4 Lions. I think she is a shrewd businesswomen. She knows how to make a story interesting  and how to capture market. Hindi serials have huge international market... Now she has taken it a notch up capturing a huge middle eastern market by making the characters Muslim. I am always at awe of how smart both Gul and Ekta are. It's not easy to be woman business head in this Man eat man world...

Not meant to hurt feelings... Just wanted to say... I admire her.

@ Sab,tanks for your intro to IPK, Gul has improved though with Asad ,the character in IPK,Aarav, was way too abusive and mean. Asad is simiar to Aarav but more humble.

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:40

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum