Latest topics

Inn Lamhon Ke Daaman Main

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inn Lamhon Ke Daaman Main

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 10:22

Hi,

Jodha Akbar !!! The mythical (???)  couple made famous by  Handsome Hunk  Hrithik and the world Beauty Aishwarya , The Smouldering chemistry, the made for each other pairing and above all their Model like Looks which would rival Narcissus & Venus , It was a big gamble when Ekta did take on that stellar casting and tried to re-create  it in TV ... Kudos to her for that  courage !!

My first unwary introduction to the  show happened when I was in my vacation's..  I watched aghast, with a agape jaw,  a young jalaluddin  err sorry a grown up jalaluddin trying to molest a Young Rajputani and demanding that she decorate her harem leaving her good for nothing husband .. One rather felt fearful for Jalaluddin than for the lady who seemed capable of whipping him ... second was his husk ..The caricaturing of SRK's psychotic Hiss..One almost expected  Jalaluddin to go, " Tu hai mm-mmm-mm-meri  Rrrr-Raaa-Raaa-Rajputani"  !!!  

If Jalaluddin was not enuff scare, Jodha tried her share in putting you off the show by her classic wooden act and very village belle'ish attitude .. and between them they almost succeeded in driving me off , Almost when out of curiosity I tuned in y'day to watch the show ...

The plot has crawled up to a point where  Jodha's wedding alliance has been formalized with Surajban , Sujjamal is seeking justice , The younger sister who has a crush on Surajban is giving the impressions of lovelorn puppy while Jalaluddin for reasons known only to himself  (& the regular viewer's) is contentedly  taking constitutional walk among the crowd  doling out occasional smirk to the swooning ladies who unfortunately aren't even sparing a glance at him .. The stage is set for the first direct interaction between Jodha and Jalaluddin  with the capture of a Moghul Spy !

Jalal has been portrayed as a despot, a psycho, a zealot however let us not forget that it was this same Jalal who was bestowed with the title  'AKBAR' later on in life , who founded 'Din-elahi' .. for him to blossom into a forbearing, wise and compassionate emperor , there had to be a seed of goodness in him.. we got a tiniest of glimpse when we saw him reacting in anger as his spy was dragged in by the galloping horses, the impulsive bid to save the spy, a lowly minion  unmindful of danger to his own persona shows the hidden vein of goodness running in him .. It is going to be interesting to watch the metamorphoses of Jalal to Akbar !! 

Coming to the Actors, Rajat ... contrary to the popular perception..Akbar was a short, Stocky man as such Rajat fits the bill  but Akbar is also believed to possess a charisma, a mesmerizing personality which used to attract his courtiers to him ..That is seriously lacking in Rajat  nor does the psychotic vibe he gives  which I think is his effort in translating the intense nature of Akbar ...

Paridhi ..she is the most unroyal looking princess ever ..there is nothing denoting the regal air, the commanding carriage, the strong persona .. She does not stand out when in a crowd ..Her body language is that of a commoner ..she has to work on that !!

The sets which are garish, tacky and look like sets ... the sheer gauze curtains which was undiscovered in Moghul Era is off putting ..when you are shooting a period show.. do not show anything CONCRETE !!

Despite these many flaws there is something about Jodha Akbar which will keep u  glued to it and that is ITS USP.. :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Inn Lamhon Ke Daaman Main

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-28, 10:48

Nice post tants...

I have a penchant for historic stories... right from my teenage days with getting introduced to the political plays and royal romance stories in ponniyin selvan to the magnificient historic movie starring Hrithik and Aish...

That is what pushed me to watch Ekta's JD first show... I was kind of dissapointed with the cast, but still the story is promising... the history is definetely tweeked, and no one would be able to say what happened actually but saying a historical story has always been like that... each author will have his own perspective about the incident and each one will hold its own charm whatsoever...

So I would continue to follow this, for the story...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 11:04

Abavi wrote:Nice post tants...

I have a penchant for historic stories... right from my teenage days with getting introduced to the political plays and royal romance stories in ponniyin selvan to the magnificient historic movie starring Hrithik and Aish...

That is what pushed me to watch Ekta's JD first show... I was kind of dissapointed with the cast, but still the story is promising... the history is definetely tweeked, and no one would be able to say what happened actually but saying a historical story has always been like that... each author will have his own perspective about the incident and each one will hold its own charm whatsoever...

So I would continue to follow this, for the story...

Thanxx, Vi Ponnu

same here, I love Historical and Mythological stories ..the politics, the prevalent society and its norms , all make for interesting watch ..

I have no idea about the story yet apart from the fact that it is a love story set in Mughal era substituting flashy car for  galloping Horses , suits/aviators for gaudy silks and  kajal's ..
I am actually liking Rajat's portrayal.. He might deliver once he gets into the skin..m not so sure about Paridhi though..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-06-28, 11:41

Hey Sathu hug1

aapne JA dekha aur likha bhi...wow....ab toh dekheka pari yeh show.....

loved ur analysis giving a crystal clear view as to whats good and whats not so good, needs improvement.

As far as movie is concerned, I looked at only one part of 70mm when Akbar was on screen.....lets see where and what do I see when i watch the show on the small screen...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by asmi on 2013-06-28, 11:49

at the moment i will giv dem a chance to build up....moreover i found it much better than d shows going on ..on TV nowdays...

moreover i guess its a bit of comic a s well.....i cud nt help but smile or grin....wen i see akbar tilting his head nd bulging his eyes out.....he luks a real kamina....so dis serious historical shows makes me grin more dan the promising light hearted ones....

y are the serious shws better in comedy dan the ones dat promises to be a laugh riot??

asmi
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-28, 11:52

asmi wrote:at the moment i will giv dem a chance to build up....moreover i found it much better than d shows going on ..on TV nowdays...

moreover i guess its a bit of comic a s well.....i cud nt help but smile or grin....wen i see akbar tilting his head nd bulging his eyes out.....he luks a real kamina....so dis serious historical shows makes me grin more dan the promising light hearted ones....

y are the serious shws better in comedy dan the ones dat promises to be a laugh riot??
because of the antics of the cast which was choosen to portray the serious acts...

Twisted Evil

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-06-28, 11:59

I also love historical love stories and history in general. The Rajput history is my favorite. You are right Ekta is courageous enough to attempt such a grand love story which has lot of myths surrounding it.
The actors need a lot of improvement and so the sets. Rajat has played a historical character before and I am sure he will improve in the coming episodes. We are being shown a very different side of Akbar which was not in the movie these I am looking forward to watching it.
Paridhi the less said about her the better. You have already mentioned about her.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-06-28, 12:05

loved ur post Thumbsup...

i did watch the 1st n 2nd epi.... but after that just kept myself updated with the updates.... but looks like have to watch it now n see whats going on... :)

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by cheena007 on 2013-06-28, 12:10

nice post Tants ..very nice analysis ...

watched one or two episode and I have a very similar thoughts of this show Jodha's look is very tacky ...i didn't like the paring of the lead Rajat and Paridhi didn't work for me ..

I love the movie AK ,about this show ,the sets costume the whole presentation is no where close to a royal history ..since its  a love story which is good enough for me to follow this show ...

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-28, 12:11

amimus wrote:I also love historical love stories and history in general. The Rajput history is my favorite. You are right Ekta is courageous enough to attempt such a grand love story which has lot of myths surrounding it.
The actors need a lot of improvement and so the sets. Rajat has played a historical character before and I am sure he will improve in the coming episodes. We are being shown a very different side of Akbar which was not in the movie these I am looking forward to watching it.
Paridhi the less said about her the better. You have already mentioned about her.
There are recorded historic facts that Jalal had been very barbaric and unmerciful at one point... Though the movie didnt cover this part, I assume that it was because it was a movie and everything cannot be covered in a short span of time.

I am happy they are showing this aspect in the show. Being a bigger than life hero for some and barbaric and unmerciful at the same time for others- inducing awe and terror in people at the same time and then getting tamed by and for his love is surely a very impressive factor for a male lead role... I am all for it... bring it on!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by asmi on 2013-06-28, 12:14

Abavi wrote:
asmi wrote:at the moment i will giv dem a chance to build up....moreover i found it much better than d shows going on ..on TV nowdays...

because of the antics of the cast which was choosen to portray the serious acts...

Twisted Evil
LOL.....on a serious note i hav also seen dat shws dat hav serious topics..... wen cum wd a comic scene or track....dey do much better than the xpected ones......directors nd script is the major part here.....

i rem a scene frm IPK ....where NK khushi and arnav had to act infrnt of anjali.....arnav was supposed to pretend having a headache.... gosh barun was too gud in acting the part where he was supposed to potray dat he cannot act....den we hd khushi nd NK...i was laughing like mad....

asmi
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by asmi on 2013-06-28, 12:15

@ Vi....me too VI i am toh njoying it...

asmi
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by vasiraju on 2013-06-28, 12:48

I was expecting a good discussion on jodha akbar from all of Us :)..

so the good start has done by sathya ..with her awesome writing skills ..so i am on for the discussion on the this serial seriously bounce ..

Lovely analysis sathya ..the 360 degree difference of jalal from serial to movie annoys me ..making me to think which one i should believe ..

In movie it has shown that jalal from the beginning had some certain balance  thinking  about how to rule and how to be a establish a kingdom ..

but here its complete contrast ...giving total room for jodha to make him in a good akbar Rolling Eyes ..for it seems like another beast and beauty story ..and total ektha mayya  style of  showing a good bahu   who changes the entire fate of the husband and his family and here even country  ..which indeed giving me a feel that jalal  is no where near on his own ...

presentation of the serial is utter cheap and the rajput  women costume's are looking sooooooo damm cheap that sometime i feel are they brought the costumes borrowed from Balika vadhu  sets Question..

As you said that girl needs to highlight herself at least from her sisters ..it seems its a girls hostel where everyone are same  Sleep   ..

I am still searching some improvement from the boy ..he is no where near the charisma that a king should have so as same with girl...

total serial need to improve their richness ..i liked the richness and attitude rana prathap  serial ..it was pure magic of the characters .actors and richness in the sets ..

vasiraju

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 12:57

Aila!! U are Bak baking without me..Tants bolts like usain to JA phorum

c'mon girls..Lets party !!:)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by vasiraju on 2013-06-28, 13:00

Tanthya wrote:Aila!! U are Bak baking without me..Tants bolts like usain to JA phorum

yeah party ...ektha mayya  made me open my mouth and given some work to my hands ..to  rant and discuss here :)

vasiraju

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-28, 13:04

vasiraju wrote:I was expecting a good discussion on jodha akbar from all of Us :)..

so the good start has done by sathya ..with her awesome writing skills ..so i am on for the discussion on the this serial seriously bounce ..

Lovely analysis sathya ..the 360 degree difference of jalal from serial to movie annoys me ..making me to think which one i should believe ..

In movie it has shown that jalal from the beginning had some certain balance  thinking  about how to rule and how to be a establish a kingdom ..

but here its complete contrast ...giving total room for jodha to make him in a good akbar Rolling Eyes ..for it seems like another beast and beauty story ..and total ektha mayya  style of  showing a good bahu   who changes the entire fate of the husband and his family and here even country  ..which indeed giving me a feel that jalal  is no where near on his own ...

presentation of the serial is utter cheap and the rajput  women costume's are looking sooooooo damm cheap that sometime i feel are they brought the costumes borrowed from Balika vadhu  sets Question..

As you said that girl needs to highlight herself at least from her sisters ..it seems its a girls hostel where everyone are same  Sleep   ..

I am still searching some improvement from the boy ..he is no where near the charisma that a king should have so as same with girl...

total serial need to improve their richness ..i liked the richness and attitude rana prathap  serial ..it was pure magic of the characters .actors and richness in the sets ..
Long time Lucky!

I can accept the costume though... if Etka wants to portray the period of Jodha and Akbar, they were expensively dressed in those times, but when you compare with today's time, those dresses would look tacky!

So I am giving the benefit of doubt to the queen of tellywood's best intentions...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 13:06

vasiraju wrote:I was expecting a good discussion on jodha akbar from all of Us :)..

Lucky, The movie was a candy floss portrayal of Jalal/Akbar .. Ashutosh could not afford to show Jalal as a zealot ..  Jalal was a figure of middle ages when killing/looting/pillaging was common ... it was later he came under various influences and began to change ... 

He is a persian man with Persian culture influencing him while Jodha is Indian ..It was the clash of culture in the form of wills between them ..

Urrghhh...Don't talk to me about the ladies ..There is nothing  Royal like in them and all are so bland , wallflowers !!

I have never been a fan of Rajat Tokas in fact I always thought he was a over actor  but in JA.. I am feeling that his performance quotient is leveling up !!.. In the first episode I saw , I just wanted to kick him in the shins for butchering Jalal's characterization but y'day when I saw his smiling face turning instantly to dark anger and he draws out his dagger ..there was a spark in him.. which gave me a pause..a feeling.. ke if directed well..this guy can deliver..

PARIDI !!! firmly zipping up...apart from exclaiming..WHY, EKTA WHY??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-28, 13:07

vasiraju wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Aila!! U are Bak baking without me..Tants bolts like usain to JA phorum

yeah party ...ektha mayya  made me open my mouth and given some work to my hands ..to  rant and discuss here :)
Haha.. touch wood... let our interest in the show hail for quiet a long long time...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by vasiraju on 2013-06-28, 13:12

Abavi wrote:

Long time Lucky!

I can accept the costume though... if Etka wants to portray the period of Jodha and Akbar, they were expensively dressed in those times, but when you compare with today's time, those dresses would look tacky!

So I am giving the benefit of doubt to the queen of tellywood's best intentions...
Hi Vi ...hugzz and love ...h r u ? yeah its been a long time i was not around  here at all ..
if you saw the other historical stories serials these days they are very persticular about the costume and richness  Vi..

now ektha  trying to give us a serial which was already done as picture with total perfection ..if she is competing with movie  she is no where near that ..not even the costume and sets near to Tv standard  ..

people are very choose and getting better quality from other serials ,,,she is queen of Tv serials i expected more from her ..

vasiraju

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 13:14

Abavi wrote:

Long time Lucky!

Vi Ponnu,

JA are not dressed expensively rather it looks like they borrowed costumes from rental..If U want to see expensively dressed of THOSE times..check Maharana .. The costumes are elegant !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 13:16

Abavi wrote:
vasiraju wrote:

Haha.. touch wood... let our interest in the show hail for quiet a long long time...

Very long time...iit has been ages since we talked about any show

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-06-28, 13:18

asmi wrote:
Abavi wrote:

Twisted Evil
LOL.....on a serious note i hav also seen dat shws dat hav serious topics..... wen cum wd a comic scene or track....dey do much better than the xpected ones......directors nd script is the major part here.....

i rem a scene frm IPK ....where NK khushi and arnav had to act infrnt of anjali.....arnav was supposed to pretend having a headache.... gosh barun was too gud in acting the part where he was supposed to potray dat he cannot act....den we hd khushi nd NK...i was laughing like mad....
there were so many scenes like that in IPK...

two other examples..
When Khushi asked Arnav to tell Payal that Akaash has gone to commit suicide... and the famous - now what to say.. by Arnav to Khushi...
when Khushi asked Arnav to talk filmy dialogues to Mami for Akaash- Payal acceptance and the comedy splash that followed... Kuch kuch hota hai mamiji.. upper wala... koi na koi...forget it...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 13:22

pollyanna wrote:Hey Sathu hug1

aapne JA dekha aur likha bhi...wow....ab toh dekheka pari yeh show.....

loved ur analysis giving a crystal clear view as to whats good and whats not so good, needs improvement.

As far as movie is concerned, I looked at only one part of 70mm when Akbar was on screen.....lets see where and what do I see when i watch the show on the small screen...

Pallo Jaan:*ohg*:

Kya Karoon Haye, Ekta humain nahi chodti ..I had to check after I saw that it got good TRP

Thankfully yahan no dole dhole for u to get distracted ..siwai 2 hunks, who look every inch kingwa types ... * Hopes Pallo does not drwn in their shmile*

will wait for ya..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by vasiraju on 2013-06-28, 13:23

Tanthya wrote:

Lucky, The movie was a candy floss portrayal of Jalal/Akbar .. Ashutosh could not afford to show Jalal as a zealot ..  Jalal was a figure of middle ages when killing/looting/pillaging was common ... it was later he came under various influences and began to change ... 

He is a persian man with Persian culture influencing him while Jodha is Indian ..It was the clash of culture in the form of wills between them ..

Urrghhh...Don't talk to me about the ladies ..There is nothing  Royal like in them and all are so bland , wallflowers !!

I have never been a fan of Rajat Tokas in fact I always thought he was a over actor  but in JA.. I am feeling that his performance quotient is leveling up !!.. In the first episode I saw , I just wanted to kick him in the shins for butchering Jalal's characterization but y'day when I saw his smiling face turning instantly to dark anger and he draws out his dagger ..there was a spark in him.. which gave me a pause..a feeling.. ke if directed well..this guy can deliver..

PARIDI !!! firmly zipping up...apart from exclaiming..WHY, EKTA WHY??

Yeah its obvious that they came in to the country to steel us ..but later its only Akbar era they established the kingdom..

Formally i never thought that even akbar is so good as it shown the in movie ..but we can differentiate him form the other rulers ..as good diplomatic and  wise men who can easily understand the indain sentiments and used to himself by marrying all king dome daughters to strengthen the kingdom..with out so much of cruelty as Aurangzeb did ..

but a Rajput princess changed his thing so drastically ..it feels like so dramatic and no where near reality ..but one thing i should   admire the prince that she really didn't changed her costumes and traditions  even she married to a persian family ..

i didn't observe the guy that much in the episode will see again ..as you are admiring the scene :) ..

i think ektha has choose the   lead pair  in a very common fashion in order to differentiate and escape from the charisma  created by Hirthik and ash

Last edited by vasiraju on 2013-06-28, 13:31; edited 1 time in total

vasiraju

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-06-28, 13:24

Abavi wrote:
asmi wrote:
Abavi wrote:

Twisted Evil

there were so many scenes like that in IPK...

two other examples..
When Khushi asked Arnav to tell Payal that Akaash has gone to commit suicide... and the famous - now what to say.. by Arnav to Khushi...
when Khushi asked Arnav to talk filmy dialogues to Mami for Akaash- Payal acceptance and the comedy splash that followed... Kuch kuch hota hai mamiji.. upper wala... koi na koi...forget it...

Has there been anything funny in JA ?? Ekta  usually does not have comic scenes in her shows na , it is usually one MD after the other with bits of romance thrown in

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:21

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum