View previous topic View next topic Go down

Akbar's Second Begum revealed !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 13:38

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Akbar's Second Begum revealed !!

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 13:42

Thanks Tants.. Now answer me for the doubt that I asked you in the other thread...

Jodha was his third wife right? and Bairam Khan is still alive.. Which means Akbar has only one wife as of now... and he spoke to his mom some time back about conveying his wives that he thinks about them atleast once or twice a day.. .

now how is that possible... How many are there in his harem right now?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 13:44

Abavi wrote:Thanks Tants.. Now answer me for the doubt that I asked you in the other thread...

Jodha was his third wife right? and Bairam Khan is still alive.. Which means Akbar has only one wife as of now... and he spoke to his mom some time back about conveying his wives that he thinks about them atleast once or twice a day.. .

He had 3 queens and many concubines ..He might be having one wife now but how many concubines does he have right now in the harem ..

Plus.. strictly speaking..there is no Jodha in Akbar's life..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 13:48

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:Thanks Tants.. Now answer me for the doubt that I asked you in the other thread...

He had 3 queens and many concubines ..He might be having one wife now but how many concubines does he have right now in the harem ..

Ok it is generally accepted that Jodha was actually Hira and mariyam later on..

So the king cares about his concubines too... and thinks about them as well.. interesting!

When would he marry Bairam Khan's widow? Only after that he would marry hira aka Jodha right?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 13:49

He did have more than three wives... Only his first three are prominent... He did have marraige alliances with other Rajput kingdoms..

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-02, 13:50

tfs....:)  how many wifes Shocked 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 13:56

riyya6 wrote:tfs....:)  how many wifes Shocked 
there is no accurate number in that part of the history...
Hira's father King Bharmal of Ajmer was a pioneer in using his daughter for the political influences... Then later on a lot of them follwed his example... resulting in increasing the number of beauties in Akbar's harem... Since Hira aka Jodha was the first of the lot, and she gave birth to the heir, Akbar was happy with his third wife... :) 

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 13:59

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Ok it is generally accepted that Jodha was actually Hira and mariyam later on..

So the king cares about his concubines too... and thinks about them as well.. interesting!

When would he marry Bairam Khan's widow? Only after that he would marry hira aka Jodha right?

In documented History.. Bairam Khan is killed when he is in northern frontier, his wife and son are spared and Salima being Akbar's cousin, he marries her ..

but here .. since it is predominantly JA.. we may not get the facts right and straight..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-02, 14:05

My info is from wiki and what I think is....the 2 wives which Akbar had were his first cousins.....

lot is talked about jodha only because she was a Rajput..a first non Muslim to get the designation of the wife.

as per promo...Akbar wants jodha as one of the members in his harem...and not as a wife......coz he wants to show her the place...uski gustakhi ki......

but later on he will be a changed man coz of her love....

Also...neither JA of Hrithik-Aish nor Ekta's is a true portrayal of history isnt it?? they cant afford to do so...else TRP aunty will show them the door...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 14:09

pollyanna wrote:My info is from wiki and what I think is....the 2 wives which Akbar had were his first cousins.....

lot is talked about jodha only because she was a Rajput..a first non Muslim to get the designation of the wife.

as per promo...Akbar wants jodha as one of the members in his harem...and not as a wife......coz he wants to show her the place...uski gustakhi ki......

Also...neither JA of Hrithik-Aish nor Ekta's is a true portrayal of history isnt it?? they cant afford to do so...else TRP aunty will show them the door...

Yes, Pallo

Both were cousins.. Ruquaiyya was married to Akbar when he ascended the thrown at 14, Salima comes later on ..It is kinda surprising to see Surrogate Mom ending up as wife..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 14:10

pollyanna wrote:My info is from wiki and what I think is....the 2 wives which Akbar had were his first cousins.....

It would be interesting to see how he accepts her to be his wife rather than one of his harem members..

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 14:13

Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

Both were cousins.. Ruquaiyya was married to Akbar when he ascended the thrown at 14, Salima comes later on ..It is kinda surprising to see Surrogate Mom ending up as wife..
Surrogate mom ? who?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 14:16

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

Surrogate mom ? who?

Bairam Khan's wife..If he was Baba then she becomes Ammi ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-02, 14:26

Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

Well...guess ...life was much easier those days :) ....kisi ke saath bhi, kisi ke baad bhi Wink no strings attached Embarassed  (sorry for the sad joke :cry: amidst serious discussion)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-02, 14:30

Abavi wrote:

It would be interesting to see how he accepts her to be his wife rather than one of his harem members..

Yup Vi bounce  JA in M&B avataar Wink

if u look closely...this is the perfect plot chosen by Ekta.....this story has all the ingredients which are staple for Ekta's kitchen......TRP aunty bhi khush as it has loads of  masala  aur history genre bhi cover kar liya...bandi mein sach mein dimaag hai...Twisted Evil

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 14:35

pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

Well...guess ...life was much easier those days :) ....kisi ke saath bhi, kisi ke baad bhi Wink no strings attached Embarassed  (sorry for the sad joke :cry: amidst serious discussion)
And why didnt she give him his heir? I mean was the role of the wife name ka sake?

Last edited by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 15:26; edited 1 time in total

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-02, 14:58

This wasn't given prominence in the film and I forget he had others...so the first 3were prominent were they...im going to get a slight history lesson not to much but some

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 15:30

sarra0 wrote:This wasn't given prominence in the film and I forget he had others...so the first 3were prominent were they...im going to get a slight history lesson not to much but some
Dont worry Sarra, getting history lessons is not going to hurt .. atleast not here... this is not like SC where we learn the story and the interest is lost... Here the story is what Ekta perceives ... it is her story... so we will have the surprise element

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 15:40

Abavi wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

And why didnt she give him his heir? I mean was the role of the wife name ka sake?

Might be that she was barren by then or aged ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 15:43

Abavi wrote:
sarra0 wrote:This wasn't given prominence in the film and I forget he had others...so the first 3were prominent were they...im going to get a slight history lesson not to much but some
Dont worry Sarra, getting history lessons is not going to hurt .. atleast not here... this is not like SC where we learn the story and the interest is lost... Here the story is what Ekta perceives ... it is her story... so we will have the surprise element

Speaking of SC..even there the script has undergone a sea change , yet why aren't we interested ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 15:44

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

Did he marry a woman that old who was actually ammi for him? I thought she was young...

Or may be was it like out of respect to give her the status,he married her...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 15:46

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:

Speaking of SC..even there the script has undergone a sea change , yet why aren't we interested ??
That is a different matter Tants... The show lacks a lot of willingness from the cast... But initially the story being known didnt help us get interested.. but this is not like that... even if we keep researching and knowing more about history, we are only going to be more intrigued

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 16:01

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:

That is a different matter Tants... The show lacks a lot of willingness from the cast... But initially the story being known didnt help us get interested.. but this is not like that... even if we keep researching and knowing more about history, we are only going to be more intrigued

It could be bec JA has many versions while SC was only one ...In JA .. since it is more of a folklore rather than a established history, we can let the creative juices flow ... Also while we know for sure that the love story of SC is going to en in tragedy, we are sure JA will not meet that fate..So the eagerness

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 16:02

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

Did he marry a woman that old who was actually ammi for him? I thought she was young...

Out of respect , Mebbe or due the desire to be her guardian ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 16:05

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yes, Pallo

Out of respect , Mebbe or due the desire to be her guardian ..
Like our thalaivar did in thalapathy...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum