Latest topics

Akbar's Second Begum revealed !!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Akbar's Second Begum revealed !!

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-02, 16:46

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
sarra0 wrote:This wasn't given prominence in the film and I forget he had others...so the first 3were prominent were they...im going to get a slight history lesson not to much but some
Dont worry Sarra, getting history lessons is not going to hurt .. atleast not here... this is not like SC where we learn the story and the interest is lost... Here the story is what Ekta perceives ... it is her story... so we will have the surprise element

Speaking of SC..even there the script has undergone a sea change , yet why aren't we interested ??

Acting...dialogues... story...boredom...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-02, 17:00

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:My info is from wiki and what I think is....the 2 wives which Akbar had were his first cousins.....

lot is talked about jodha only because she was a Rajput..a first non Muslim to get the designation of the wife.

as per promo...Akbar wants jodha as one of the members in his harem...and not as a wife......coz he wants to show her the place...uski gustakhi ki......

but later on he will be a changed man coz of her love....

Also...neither JA of Hrithik-Aish nor Ekta's is a true portrayal of history isnt it?? they cant afford to do so...else TRP aunty will show them the door...

Yes, Pallo

Both were cousins.. Ruquaiyya was married to Akbar when he ascended the thrown at 14, Salima comes later on ..It is kinda surprising to see Surrogate Mom ending up as wife..

Well...guess ...life was much easier those days :) ....kisi ke saath bhi, kisi ke baad bhi Wink no strings attached Embarassed  (sorry for the sad joke :cry: amidst serious discussion)
And why didnt she give him his heir? I mean was the role of the wife name ka sake?

Might be that she was barren by then or aged ...
Did he marry a woman that old who was actually ammi for him? I thought she was young...

Or may be was it like out of respect to give her the status,he married her...

Out of respect , Mebbe or due the desire to be her guardian ..
Like our thalaivar did in thalapathy...

or may be society decried it ...

I mean it was not as if , she was cut off from everyone, she could have stayed a widow while Akbar as a king culd have protected her... So Why marry ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 17:05

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:My info is from wiki and what I think is....the 2 wives which Akbar had were his first cousins.....

lot is talked about jodha only because she was a Rajput..a first non Muslim to get the designation of the wife.

as per promo...Akbar wants jodha as one of the members in his harem...and not as a wife......coz he wants to show her the place...uski gustakhi ki......

but later on he will be a changed man coz of her love....

Also...neither JA of Hrithik-Aish nor Ekta's is a true portrayal of history isnt it?? they cant afford to do so...else TRP aunty will show them the door...

Yes, Pallo

Both were cousins.. Ruquaiyya was married to Akbar when he ascended the thrown at 14, Salima comes later on ..It is kinda surprising to see Surrogate Mom ending up as wife..

Well...guess ...life was much easier those days :) ....kisi ke saath bhi, kisi ke baad bhi Wink no strings attached Embarassed  (sorry for the sad joke :cry: amidst serious discussion)
And why didnt she give him his heir? I mean was the role of the wife name ka sake?

Might be that she was barren by then or aged ...
Did he marry a woman that old who was actually ammi for him? I thought she was young...

Or may be was it like out of respect to give her the status,he married her...

Out of respect , Mebbe or due the desire to be her guardian ..
Like our thalaivar did in thalapathy...

or may be society decried it ...

I mean it was not as if , she was cut off from everyone, she could have stayed  a widow while Akbar as a king culd have protected her... So Why marry ??
Ok here is another story that could be interestingly explored.. Wish Ekta maiyya presents this intelligently...

nevertheless We will explore this some other day tants... in another thread maybe...
If I dont leave now, I might miss my bus.. Bye  Scared 

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-02, 17:12

Tantwa.. I got it... He married Bairam Khan's widow as a mark of respect for his teacher... See this link http://books.google.co.in/books?id=-TsMl0vSc0gC&pg=PA207&lpg=PA207&dq=Why+did+Akbar+marry+bairamkhan's+widow&source=bl&ots=FDSys5zX49&sig=-btOzAg-G_MsxM8BbCzNtsu8Mx0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=L7zSUbrBKM_orQfWnYGgBA&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Why%20did%20Akbar%20marry%20bairamkhan's%20widow&f=false

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:43

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum