Latest topics

ILKDM # 3 The Surrogates !

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM # 3 The Surrogates !

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 11:04

Jalal, Elephant walks ahead followed by the barking Dog's... sometimes this will be construed as if the  Barking Dogs are chasing the elephant, driving it ....

How illuminating was this dialogue , This one line conveys the current status of Jalal...A elephant who is marched on by the Barking  Bairam Khan and Maham Anga  !!

A Mother  goes to a  ascetic  to help her find the heart of her Son, The heart that is supposedly filled with hate, intolerance, ,disdain, indifference, selfishness , A heart closed to Love, compassion, kindness but is it so ?? Is Jalal really the monster that his mother projects him to be, No..we get the views to the contrary when Jalal risks his own life ..for whom ?? for a lowly minion !! .. why?? Because , That cripple was  ready to give up his own life  for this infidel , had complete faith that his master would rescue him .. Jalal responded to that unwavering trust  , Can such a man be a fiend ?? No.. The heart which has seen disappointment, has sen his expectation being crushed   has grown wary  and is now  padlocked , the key thrown  away in the sand dunes of Amber ... The Key which will be found by the queen of desert ,Jodha !

The Political  manoeuvre  and upmanship has begun with Surrogate Mother Maham Anga  off to a winning Start against  the Surrogate father Bairam Khan , A nail  crack has opened up between Bairam and Jalal.. How will the final breach occur will be interesting to watch ..

The  scene where  Young Jalal meets Maham Anga  showcased the beautiful acting of Rajat Tokas ,  Here is a Young man,  who is a king.. As a king..one is  expected to  present a stoic, brave front, give no leeway to emotions , has to preserve the dignity of the office all the time  but the Young king has not fully controlled his emotions, is not yet a master of his emotions neither is he a weakling .. The Moment he sees his  Surrogate Mother, His face lightens , the arrogance is wiped away replaced by gentleness,  emotions come overcrowding but does he yield to them , Nay..He gulps down visibly , holds himself erect and a gentle smile of welcome and  affection is allowed  to indicate how pleased he is happy to see  Maham Anga. But the moment , The entourage moves into the tent , there is no need for masquerade , he can be the Son and out goes the gravity, the detachment as he lays his head on her lap , unknowing that it is not a Lap of a mother but a thorny seat that is out to harm him for its own benefit ...

Then Again the scene  where  an  incensed Jalal is waiting for  Bairam Khan, Bubbling with rage, valiantly trying to control it , his anger demanding  a outlet and  it has to be contented with the short , quick strolls of Jalal as he is biding Bairam Khan's approach ..Bairam Khan makes his entry , Jalal who had hitherto called him Khan Baba  now greets him by accosting  him with his designation , The Young lad who never questioned  Bairam Khan's decision  now questions his judgement , Jalal who was the relaxed lad is now every inch the King , when Bairam Khan  goes down on his knees, exhorting him to slay him, Jalal does not feel  guilty nor does he fall all over in lifting Bairam Khan  and professing his undying  gratitude and love for him..He stands tall, looks down on Bairam Khan and after few seconds of pause, He stoops down , equal to Bairam Khan, level eyed and informs Bairam Khan of his displeasure and he stands up WITHOUT helping the older Bairam Khan Up and moves away.. In This Battle between Surrogates, Maham Anga has scored a first win but will Bairam Khan remain quiet ??

Interesting too was  the equation between Maham Anga- Jalal, Bairam Khan -Jalal ... While MahamAnga looks Jalal in the eye while addressing him, her polite, respectful words notwithstanding , we get the feeling that Here is a Lady who has Jalal dancing on her fingertips and SHE  is in the dominant position whereas  in the conversation between Bairam Khan and Jalal.. Bairam would not look him in the eye , his eyes were cast down  or looking at Jalal sideways while Jalal had drawn himself to his full height, slightly distant  and bit stiff.. a relationship of a master and his servant despite the years of learning warfare with him ...

Another scene that I liked was Shaifudeen questioning Jalal on his whereabouts , remarking sarcastically that Jalal did not go for the hunt as he had originally announced but had gone on some other errand, Jalal smiles in amusement  as if saying,"Ohh, I was on a hunt alright , but this was not the hunt for a Tiger but rather that of a Tigress"..wonderful Tokas !!

Y'days episode had some powerful dialogues, good acting by all around probably due to the fact that the story came back to Mughal's  but there always will be some minus points ..

Jalal's Mom  ,, Does she even look like a grieving and hurt Mother ?? bad acting and too fakey..

Art director, please  rebuild that canon that stands near Jalal's camp .. even a 5th grader will make better one's.. they look like set f cartons glued together..

The bronzer on Ashwini's face needs to be lessened, in one camera angle, her face looked completely red !!!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 3 The Surrogates !

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-04, 11:24

10q ...::)   loved the update....Thumbsup  & appropriate title :) 

1. I do agree that the actress playing his real mum is not convincing enough. looks fake n the emotion is not there.. She is like forced to act....:lol!: 

2. Tanthya if you notice yday in the epi, twice the word "better" was used. sorry for asking not sure though, in that era using the word "better" , wont it be better to use another word rather than "better itself.

3. totally agree on the canon, & yeah ashwini face the bronzer.

4. Another thing, the priest or what to call him the man wer Jalal mum went to see, for god sake the looked funny saying all those things... i prefer the lady in rajput with dramatic effect, at least she sounds convincing. This guy who played that man seems like caught n ask to act....:lol!: 

5. it would be interesting to see Jalal, Bairam khan & maham Anga triangle. I liked the scene Jalaj & shaifudeen one... N i love the flashback shown....:) 

6. Overall a good epi, i loved it, it was not bored. Thumbsup

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-04, 11:30

Loved, loved, absolutely loved it Sathu....Thumbsup 

What a beautiful insight to the episode....WOW!!!!

I am liking certain details which u have pointed out already, goes on to say that yes, precision is being emphasised upon......as Jalal sent away the soldiers as well as the horse when he had a face off with BK....

yup Jalal's mom is very fake...the way she said "Ameen" was as if she had given lots of take for it and the editor picked the best from the worst....

Ashwini ki aankhein...OMG!!!! 

Paridhi ki toh band bajayegi yeh...hopefully by the time she enters jalal's compound...she will get into the groove of real Jodha....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-04, 11:32

A pleasurable read as always, I loved how the political war of manipulation was showed yesterday...

I too felt that the epi was good because it had all the players yesterday- minus Jodha...

I am loving it!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-04, 11:38

Tanthya wrote:Interesting too was  the equation between Maham Anga- Jalal, Bairam Khan -Jalal ... While MahamAnga looks Jalal in the eye while addressing him, her polite, respectful words notwithstanding , we get the feeling that Here is a Lady who has Jalal dancing on her fingertips and SHE  is in the dominant position whereas  in the conversation between Bairam Khan and Jalal.. Bairam would not look him in the eye , his eyes were cast down  or looking at Jalal sideways while Jalal had drawn himself to his full height, slightly distant  and bit stiff.. a relationship of a master and his servant despite the years of learning warfare with him ...
Do we perceive this as while BK always knew his place, MA was confident that she can manipulate Jalal?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-04, 11:41

Nice points Tants...the dialogue u have highlighted was spot on . I enjoyed the episode apart from his mother and who ever she was with, it was just too fake, bairam Khan won't sit quietly...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-04, 11:45

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Interesting too was  the equation between Maham Anga- Jalal, Bairam Khan -Jalal ... While MahamAnga looks Jalal in the eye while addressing him, her polite, respectful words notwithstanding , we get the feeling that Here is a Lady who has Jalal dancing on her fingertips and SHE  is in the dominant position whereas  in the conversation between Bairam Khan and Jalal.. Bairam would not look him in the eye , his eyes were cast down  or looking at Jalal sideways while Jalal had drawn himself to his full height, slightly distant  and bit stiff.. a relationship of a master and his servant despite the years of learning warfare with him ...
Do we perceive this as while BK always knew his place, MA was confident that she can manipulate Jalal?

Nice Vi, Could it also be that there was still a formality between Akbar and Khan.. with Khan being a warrior would his behaviour not be a certain way, wat age for they start training? Where as with Mahamanga she would have been the mother figure, seen all aspects of him, fed him her milk would give her a certain amount of leeway, a more intimate bond between the two.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 11:53

riyya6 wrote:10q ...::)   loved the update....Thumbsup  & appropriate title :) 

1. I do agree that the actress playing his real mum is not convincing enough. looks fake n the emotion is not there.. She is like forced to act....:lol!: 

2. Tanthya if you notice yday in the epi, twice the word "better" was used. sorry for asking not sure though, in that era using the word "better" , wont it be better to use another word rather than "better itself.

4. Another thing, the priest or what to call him the man wer Jalal mum went to see, for god sake the looked funny saying all those things... i prefer the lady in rajput with dramatic effect, at least she sounds convincing. This guy who played that man seems like caught n ask to act....:lol!: 

5. it would be interesting to see Jalal, Bairam khan & maham Anga triangle. I liked the scene Jalaj & shaifudeen one... N i love the flashback shown....:) 

My Pleasure, Riyya  ...

The Mummy lady looked as if she was plucked out a crowd, given the dialogue sheet and told to mouth them.. She was utterly lost..

You mean Behtar, riyya scratch

I doono re.. That Guy usually comes as a Sufi sant or sant baba uttering some high flying philosophical stuff ..

I liked the whole of Mughal scenes ..it was not boring ..even the Zahir scenes ..

same here, I liked it and I was watching it with interest ..first after IPK

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 12:01

pollyanna wrote:Loved, loved, absolutely loved it Sathu....Thumbsup 

I am liking certain details which u have pointed out already, goes on to say that yes, precision is being emphasised upon......as Jalal sent away the soldiers as well as the horse when he had a face off with BK....

yup Jalal's mom is very fake...the way she said "Ameen" was as if she had given lots of take for it and the editor picked the best from the worst....

Paridhi ki toh band bajayegi yeh...hopefully by the time she enters jalal's compound...she will get into the groove of real Jodha....

Thanks , Pallo Jaan

exactly, Pallo..

And also note that it was Jalal who halts the horse of  Bairam Khan by firmly holding onto the stirrups,  Like taking  back the control of his dominions from Bairam Khan and de-seating him from being the de-facto King..

Urrgh..Don't bring that Mother .. I am already dreading the 'Mummy fight'  Maham Anga/Ashwini will eat her up...

somehow her Body language in the Montage always gives me a hope that Paridhi can do better ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-04, 12:01

Tanthya wrote:
riyya6 wrote:10q ...::)   loved the update....Thumbsup  & appropriate title :) 

My Pleasure, Riyya  ...

The Mummy lady looked as if she was plucked out a crowd, given the dialogue sheet and told to mouth them.. She was utterly lost..

You mean Behtar, riyya scratch

I doono re.. That Guy usually comes as a Sufi sant or sant baba uttering some high flying philosophical stuff ..

I liked the whole of Mughal scenes ..it was not boring ..even the Zahir scenes ..

same here, I liked it and I was watching it with interest ..first after IPK

10q....:) ... got it.. its behtar not better :lol!: ....

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 12:05

Abavi wrote:A pleasurable read as always, I loved how the political war of manipulation was showed yesterday...

I too felt that the epi was good because it had all the players yesterday- minus Jodha...

I am loving it!

Vi Ponnu,

I think we will be good for sometime  as we got this show to munch on ..it is light, fluffy, has decent actor in Tokas and I am going to love the face off's ..

Chetan Hansraj  always delivers a good villain ...plus he is very tall..it would be interesting to see how Takas manages to show that Jalal is the dominating force ...

Also what Maham Anga said y'day will and should come back to haunt her ...  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 12:13

Abavi wrote:

No, Vi ..the other way around ..Do u think Bairam and Maham are the kind  who will let go of any opportunity to usurp power ??   The relationship dynamics was based on Jalal ..He is the amiable elephant who is leisurely ambling along .. not bothered much my Maham Anga  but yes, he is not as emotionally invested in bairam Khan as in Maham anga...One is a life giving Mother-Dai while the other is a Tutor father who taught him warfare skills.. emotional attachment to Bairam Khan is less

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 12:45

sarra0 wrote:Nice points Tants...the dialogue u have highlighted was spot on . I enjoyed the episode apart from his mother and who ever she was with, it was just too fake, bairam Khan won't sit quietly...

Thanks , Sarra...I just hope Mother dear is kept to the back ground.. she just does not know the rudimentary of acting and needs  a crash course before it focusses on her ...

I am eagr to see wat Bairam Khan does

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-04, 13:03

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Nice points Tants...the dialogue u have highlighted was spot on . I enjoyed the episode apart from his mother and who ever she was with, it was just too fake, bairam Khan won't sit quietly...

Thanks , Sarra...I just hope Mother dear is kept to the back ground.. she just does not know the rudimentary of acting and needs  a crash course before it focusses on her ...

They have made a few interesting selection choices for casting...

This is the first time in a long time I am excited for a show and enjoying it,

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 13:11

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi-fi on that sarra ...

The dialogues were quite good y'day ..

Now if only Ekta loosens her purse strings a bit , then this show can move high up..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-04, 13:14

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi-fi on  that sarra ...

Now if only Ekta loosens her purse strings a bit , then this show can move high up..

I'M hoping with TRP decent for two weeks that she sees the potential and wants to make it the number one show on Zee or challenge for it that she gets competitive and does.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 13:30

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi-fi on  that sarra ...

I'M hoping with TRP decent for two weeks that she sees the potential and wants to make it the number one show on Zee or challenge for it that she gets competitive and does.

Haven't checkd the TRP.. but for a show that has untested players and coming at 8 ..it is not bad..now Ekta must focus on this show rather than the old and dusted PR

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-04, 13:56

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi-fi on  that sarra ...

Haven't checkd the TRP.. but for a show that has untested players and coming at 8 ..it is not bad..now  Ekta must focus on this show rather than the old and dusted PR

TRP was 1.8 a slight drop of 0.2 from last week but ok, is that Pavitra Rishta where the majority of the lead cast seems to b leaving.? But yep if it has potential it needs to b nurtured.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-04, 13:59

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi-fi on  that sarra ...

Haven't checkd the TRP.. but for a show that has untested players and coming at 8 ..it is not bad..now  Ekta must focus on this show rather than the old and dusted PR

TRP was 1.8 a slight drop of 0.2 from last week but ok,  is that Pavitra Rishta where the majority of the lead cast seems to b leaving.? But yep if it has potential it needs to b nurtured.

Umm.. what did happen last week .. drop was bound to happen as the story revolved around Rajputs , esp the Kings and alliances .. the trial by fire is when Jodha clashes with Jalal and how the sparks fly then...

yep.. it is the same one.. it has got Archana back..so maybe managing the fires there..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-04, 14:14

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi-fi on  that sarra ...

TRP was 1.8 a slight drop of 0.2 from last week but ok,  is that Pavitra Rishta where the majority of the lead cast seems to b leaving.? But yep if it has potential it needs to b nurtured.

Umm.. what did happen last week .. drop was bound to happen as  the story revolved around Rajputs , esp the Kings and alliances  ..   the trial by fire is when Jodha clashes with  Jalal and how the sparks fly then...

yep.. it is the same one..  it has got  Archana back..so maybe  managing the fires there..
or perhaps viewers got confuse is this the royal family n all.. they dun behave like one... King Bharmal .....n etc :lol!: 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-04, 14:18

Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Loved, loved, absolutely loved it Sathu....Thumbsup 

Thanks , Pallo Jaan

exactly, Pallo..

And also note that it was Jalal who halts the horse of  Bairam Khan by firmly holding onto the stirrups,  Like taking  back the control of his dominions from Bairam Khan and de-seating him from being the de-facto King..

Urrgh..Don't bring that Mother .. I am already dreading the 'Mummy fight'  Maham Anga/Ashwini will eat her up...

somehow her Body language in the Montage always gives me a hope that Paridhi can do better ..

bounce  bounce 

U explain so nicely Sathu.....muaaahhhh....ek kiss and clap ka bhi emoticon chahiye ....:P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-04, 15:01

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi-fi on  that sarra ...

Umm.. what did happen last week .. drop was bound to happen as  the story revolved around Rajputs , esp the Kings and alliances  ..   the trial by fire is when Jodha clashes with  Jalal and how the sparks fly then...

yep.. it is the same one..  it has got  Archana back..so maybe  managing the fires there..

Stupid thing didn't save my reply and now I can remember what I said, oh well it wasn't earth shattering...

eEven taking that into account the drop was minimal so not bad.. if u can hold people's attention and then wen the sparks start between the leads.. face off between the Mahamanga and Khan and then promote heavily, mayb during QH then.. how much time does it get on SBS or SBB

I don't know anything about the show, jus that I think she was getting a double role mayb and a lot of them were quitting, may be time to call time on it

Last edited by sarra0 on 2013-07-04, 15:31; edited 2 times in total

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-07-04, 15:19

The episode very well explained. I have yet to watch it as the episodes are delayed by one day here. So I get to watch the episode one day later then you all.
But this show has got me hooked and damn it coincides here with MB as the timing here is at 8.30 PM and not 8 PM.
Neways I am looking forward the face off's and also what Bairam Khan does next

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 08:19

sarra0 wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Nice Vi, Could it also be that there was still a formality between Akbar and Khan.. with Khan being a warrior would his behaviour not be a certain way, wat age for they start training? Where as with Mahamanga she would have been the mother figure, seen all aspects of him, fed him her milk would give her a certain amount of leeway, a more intimate bond between the two.
You are right Sarra, I can imagine when Bk taught him warfare, He would have progressed it with the teaching of the line of thoughts that a king should possess... Which would have not let him move more closer with the future king.. With BK it is only trust ... With MA it was like a son - Mom relationship... and there is a advantage of being a surrogate mom... She took full advantage of the absence of the real mom..

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 08:22

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
 No, Vi ..the other way around ..Do u think Bairam and Maham are the kind  who will let go of any opportunity to usurp power ??   The relationship dynamics was based on Jalal ..He is the amiable elephant who is leisurely ambling along .. not bothered much my Maham Anga  but yes, he is not as emotionally invested in bairam Khan as in Maham anga...One is a life giving Mother-Dai while the other is a Tutor father who taught him warfare skills.. emotional attachment to Bairam Khan is less
Emotional attachment... thats it... Though Jalal is thought to be away from any emotional attachment as a king, with his mom, sister, wife and children any man is simply a man... And MA is a almost mom for Jalal- with his real mom missing in picture...

She dares to prick the real queen... and how does that go unquestioned?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum