Latest topics

ILKDM #4 Stray thoughts !!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #4 Stray thoughts !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 10:31

The empress Ruquaiyya  Begum cometh !!

So the episode begins with a journey .. One one hand Jalal is  journeying towards his home while on the other looking to find love,belonging , we have Jodha fleeing  from her home looking for security,  Will the fleeing Jodha find the security in the arms of Jalal while  the lost boy Jalal finds his nest in Jodha, Ofc they will !!  who am I kidding ??

Back to the episode, One has read about the grandeur and opulence of Mughal architecture so much so that one invariably expects  splendour  when  Mughal comes to mind, as such y'days  Mughal palace look was not that pleasing and was a let down .. Smiley Suri's entrance was quite impressive though  but the impressiveness did not sustain for long when the actor was visibly struggling to hold on to the empress Persona, ah, Well..it is just  her first day, lets see how she turns out in the later stages... Speaking of Ruquaiiyya, She seems secure about her position in Jalal's life., what if her security was threatened, How will  she hit back  or will she be the friend of Jalal who will help in building rapprochement between Jalal and Jodha??

The food tasting was something employed  by all kings and Maham Anga using it to show her clout was a good touch, will the same food testing put Maham Anga in her place later in the show...Looking forward to it ..

Bairam Khan is not about to take a stroll on his horse, the seething General  already has identified the threat and will be  eager to take his revenge... This war between Bairam Khan and Maham Anga will prove to be interesting too..

Loved the top camera shot of the Bathing beauty, well captured !!   The rest of the harem reminded me of Pubs with its blur lights, music and what the heck..All the queens assembled in the same area as if in girl's dorm..  weren't the queens separate accommodation with a common area .. If my reading of history  is right, then each queens had their own  mini palace along with Kitchen and a retinue of servants !!

costumes still look tacky and Paridhi looked beautiful y'day .. 

Mostly a build up episode !!

Last edited by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 11:17; edited 1 time in total

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #4 Stray thoughts !!

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 10:57

Tants, well written... May be it was a build up episode, But I loved yesterday's a lot... so much that I am tempted to write AP for it...

Well it was interesting that MA was using her poweress against BK as well as her highness at the same time... Would this make her highness support Jodha just to cut MA's nose in future? How is the relationship between Ruqaiya and MA?

Yes one interesting angle that still remains to be explored is that whether Ruqaiya will continue to be a friend or if she will be scared of losing her position in Jalal's heart or will she continue to hold the heart alongside Jodha...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 11:16

Abavi wrote:Tants, well written... May be it was a build up episode, But I loved yesterday's a lot... so much that I am tempted to write AP for it...

Well it was interesting that MA was using her poweress against BK as well as her highness at the same time... Would this make her highness support Jodha just to cut MA's nose in future? How is the relationship between Ruqaiya and MA?

Yes one interesting angle that still remains to be explored is that whether Ruqaiya will continue to be a friend or if she will be scared of losing her position in Jalal's heart or will she continue to hold the heart alongside Jodha...

Thanks Vi,  It was not boring for  History Buffs but it will be boring for the regular viewer's who did not have the sentiment, drama thing .. MA Vs Hameeda took place for brief second's only ..

So far, I have no idea how Hameeda Begum is being portrayed here .. we have to see whether she turns out to be the ineffectual wall flower Mom waiting to be rescued by the fiesty Jodha  or a dignified woman watching the manipulations helplessly, innately helping jodha cuz of her unselfishness..

RuQ will be interesting to watch, Smiley suri has got the essence of it and now she just has to fire continuously

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-05, 11:28

I have given up waitin for a well constructed set up... it may have been a build up episode but actually enjoyed yesterday's episode, my how long it's been that I could say that about a show... interesting dynamics will emerge..she must be used to sharing him and if they have a friendship more then anything else her jealously, insecurities may not be as dangerous as the others who were pointing daggers u her... Mahamanga and Khan let the games begin...jodha's sister in law is expecting this could this also be used as a reason for jodha Akbar alliance

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-05, 11:40

Loved the episode and ur thoughts Sathu......

whenever I watch JA...i am so astonished by the fact that Ekta chose this ..what a perfect choice....it looks as if all the scenes/characters are straight from Ekta's stable..... :)

Liked Ruqaiya-Jalal interaction...and maham Anga's looks and voice...WOW!!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 11:43

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:Tants, well written... May be it was a build up episode, But I loved yesterday's a lot... so much that I am tempted to write AP for it...

Thanks Vi,  It was not boring for  History Buffs but it will be boring for the regular viewer's who did not have the sentiment, drama thing .. MA Vs Hameeda took place for brief second's only ..

So far, I have no idea how Hameeda Begum is being portrayed here .. we have to see whether she turns out to be the ineffectual wall flower Mom waiting to be rescued by the fiesty Jodha  or a dignified woman watching the manipulations helplessly, innately helping jodha cuz of her unselfishness..

RuQ will be interesting to watch, Smiley suri has got the essence of it and now she just has to fire continuously
After that graceful retort that Her highness(HH) gave to MA reminding her that she was his daima afterall (and not the mother) - I am sure that though this lady is shaken and sad about her state of affairs with her son, she is surely not going to be a wall flower and keep moaning about her relationship with her son, but that would'nt stop her from hitting back with a knack whenever possible, a hit on MA's head, showing her, her place as a mere nurse to HER son Jalal...

I guess the equation between Jodha and HH is going to be of mutuality.

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 11:56

sarra0 wrote:I have given up waitin for a well constructed set up... it may have been a build up episode but actually enjoyed yesterday's episode, my how long it's been that I could say that about a show... interesting dynamics will emerge..she must be used to sharing him and if they have a friendship more then anything else her jealously, insecurities may not be as dangerous as the others who were pointing daggers u her... Mahamanga and Khan let the games begin...jodha's sister in law is expecting this could this also be used as a reason for jodha Akbar alliance

Hope springs eternal , sarra Jaan :)

when I meant build up.. what I meant is , This episode held the seeds.. The seed of fight for power/influence between  Maham and Bairam, The Fight of  Mother's, The fight of Mistresses , The seed for ruquaiya's Implacable confidence to be shaken, and as you said, the seed for Jodha assenting to be part of harem ...  This episode held the build ups for all those ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 11:59

pollyanna wrote:Loved the episode and ur thoughts Sathu......

whenever I watch JA...i am so astonished by the fact that Ekta chose this ..what a perfect choice....it looks as if all the scenes/characters are straight from Ekta's stable..... :)

Liked Ruqaiya-Jalal interaction...and maham Anga's looks and voice...WOW!!!

Thank You, Pallo

This saga is right up ekta's Alley, has everything, passion, drama, death, revenge, justice ..

she does not have to create Multiple marriages , it is right there in the book itself :P  and all the fighting for awam and  for their own self glory.. if shot well , this show can soar...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-05, 12:05

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:I have given up waitin for a well constructed set up... it may have been a build up episode but actually enjoyed yesterday's episode, my how long it's been that I could say that about a show... interesting dynamics will emerge..she must be used to sharing him and if they have a friendship more then anything else her jealously, insecurities may not be as dangerous as the others who were pointing daggers u her... Mahamanga and Khan let the games begin...jodha's sister in law is expecting this could this also be used as a reason for jodha Akbar alliance

when I meant build up.. what I meant is , This episode held the seeds.. The seed of fight for power/influence between  Maham and Bairam, The Fight of  Mother's, The fight of Mistresses , The seed for ruquaiya's Implacable confidence to be shaken, and as you said, the seed for Jodha assenting to be part of harem ...  This episode held the build ups for all those ..

Thumbsup

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-05, 12:30

Tanthya wrote:

It was and I enjoyed it, usually wen its a build up episode of a show u can tell because it goes slow.. it is boring, here it was not the case.. even sowing those seeds the show still entertained at the same time.. not a bad feat...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 12:36

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

It was and I enjoyed it, usually wen its a build up episode of a show u can tell because it goes slow.. it is boring, here it was not the case.. even sowing those seeds the show still entertained at the same time.. not a bad feat...

I know, The never ending Marriage night of IPK comes to mind but ekta kept the momentum intact , the only break if any can be the tunnel escape but I liked Paridhi in tht .. waise why was the queen reluctant to inform her hubby ?? Akbar is entertaining , thank god for that ...I just hope the competitive spirit in Ekta Kicks in and she focuses on Making JA the numero Uno..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 12:55

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

After that graceful retort that Her highness(HH) gave to MA reminding her that she was his daima afterall (and not the mother) - I am sure that though this lady is shaken and sad about her state of affairs with her son, she is surely not going to be a wall flower and keep moaning about her relationship with her son, but that would'nt stop her from hitting back with a knack whenever possible, a hit on MA's head, showing her, her place as a mere nurse to HER son Jalal...

wich will come undone if Jala takes Maham's side , So me thinks , Hameeda will be a lot quieter and in accordance with TV laws, will get her justice and her share of lov thanxx to the efforts of Jodha

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 13:20

Tanthya wrote:

Well sad Tants.. But Ruq is a childhood friend turned spouse, The king's favorite confidant, In no way her position is going to be shaken by the about to be newcomer Jodha, In a way I think if Ruq rules his mind, Jodha would rule his heart...

Ruq or any queen for that matter hasnt seen Jalal impecabbly in love with anyone... He has preferences in Ruq, he prefers to spend time with her as she knows him in and out, a trait born out of being together right from birth- But that would see changes when the man falls in love, even then Ruq would continue to be his confidant... But Jodha, his soulmate.. that is where it is going to get interesting!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 13:26

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Well sad Tants.. But Ruq is a childhood friend turned spouse, The king's favorite confidant, In no way her position is going to be shaken by the about to be newcomer Jodha, In a way I think if Ruq rules his mind, Jodha would rule his heart...

Ruq or any queen for that matter hasnt seen Jalal impecabbly in love with anyone... He has preferences in Ruq, he prefers to spend time with her as she knows him in and out, a trait born out of being together right from birth- But that would see changes when the man falls in love, even then Ruq would continue to be his confidant... But Jodha, his soulmate.. that is where it is going to get interesting!

See her confidence springs from the fact that she is his friend/confidant/lover and so far Jalal has not given any women a second glance, he has been in a hurry to meet her but the day Jodha comes, Jalal's ego will be consumed by her haughtiness and he will want to subdue and subjugate her , in the process falling in love..now the next time Akbar comes to the harem, what if his eyes search for Jodha, wanting to see her..would Ruq be very understanding of it, will it not prey on her mind * so far, despite the innumerable ladies he has got, he seeks Ruq first* , will the harem ladies let it go, will not this ladies incite her ... I am going to love it, if this play off comes to happen..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 13:28

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

wich will come undone if  Jala takes Maham's side , So me thinks , Hameeda will  be a lot quieter and  in accordance with TV laws, will get her justice and her share of lov  thanxx to the efforts of Jodha

That is only if MA decided to make Jalal aware of this equation. Right now she wont- for she is very careful in showing Jalal that she is well within her limits- Like yesterday when Jalal asked to be fed by her, She turned to look at the queen as if to get her permission and not to forget that she tasted his food in the limits of being the maid who is ready to even die for his safety...

Because that is the tool that she is using to eliminate BK- saying that he wants to usurp Jalal's power.

Until BK is eliminated MA wouldnt venture into showing Jalal that she is being snubed by the Queen, but when she does that Jalal might take sides...

Another interesting point that occured to me... While BK wants to rule, MA wants to rule the ruler isnt it? Their approaches are different, while the former would be eliminated with the shrewdness of the latter, the latter will find herself in a bad shape once Jodha comes to keep her in check...

True, the show would go the way where Jodha has to play a part in bridging the gap between the mother and son atleast for TRP sake!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 13:30

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

See her confidence springs from the fact that she is his friend/confidant/lover and so far Jalal has not given any women a second glance, he has been in a hurry to meet her  but the day Jodha comes, Jalal's ego will be consumed by her haughtiness and he will want to subdue and subjugate her , in the process falling in love..now the next time Akbar comes to the harem, what if his eyes search for Jodha, wanting to see her..would  Ruq be very understanding of it, will it not prey on her mind * so far, despite the innumerable ladies he has got, he seeks Ruq first*  , will the harem ladies let it go, will not this ladies incite her ... I am going to love  it, if this play off comes to happen..

Tants, I didnt know polygamy would interest me this much...:lol!:   I am gonna love it too!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 13:36

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

See her confidence springs from the fact that she is his friend/confidant/lover and so far Jalal has not given any women a second glance, he has been in a hurry to meet her  but the day Jodha comes, Jalal's ego will be consumed by her haughtiness and he will want to subdue and subjugate her , in the process falling in love..now the next time Akbar comes to the harem, what if his eyes search for Jodha, wanting to see her..would  Ruq be very understanding of it, will it not prey on her mind * so far, despite the innumerable ladies he has got, he seeks Ruq first*  , will the harem ladies let it go, will not this ladies incite her ... I am going to love  it, if this play off comes to happen..

Tants, I didnt know polygamy would interest me this much...:lol!:   I am gonna love it too!
Vi,

Neither was I aware that I was so interested in Harem Politics but after seeing y'days scenes...I just want a time machine and see how the women of Mughal's lived bounce 

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 13:44

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Vi,

Neither was I aware that I was so interested in Harem Politics but after seeing y'days scenes...I just want a time machine and see how the  women of Mughal's lived bounce 

I searched for an article on the same and posted it here... It looks like they were all occupied with beautifying themselves and gossiping in jealousy when the king paid attention to some other queen...

There are incidents where the other queens resorted to causing miscarraiges to the ones who conceived with the first baby of the king... there was a live competition to give him the first heir!

By the way, I have left  a reply post for you about MA - BK- HH politics..

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-05, 14:06

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

I know, The never ending Marriage night of IPK comes to mind  but ekta  kept the momentum intact , the only break if any can be the tunnel escape  but I liked Paridhi in tht ..  waise why was the queen reluctant to inform her hubby ??   Akbar is entertaining , thank god for that ...I just hope the competitive spirit in Ekta Kicks in and she focuses on Making JA  the numero Uno..

The never ending marriage day night of IP were good times for the most part..,but certainly after that can't remember a show where it didn't get annoying...

I took it to b that she didn't want the hubby's focus to shift from the preparations for the fight and the actual fight, the news of the baby would make him and Kingdom happy and also he could worry about wat would happen if something happened to him, and he may not eight with conviction and that could get him killed even quicker....so do I so do I.. Ekta has a show which has much potential and if like it then it must be something...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-05, 14:29

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

wich will come undone if  Jala takes Maham's side , So me thinks , Hameeda will  be a lot quieter and  in accordance with TV laws, will get her justice and her share of lov  thanxx to the efforts of Jodha

But if the mother times it right then she could make a place in her sons heart.. at a time when Jodha is talking about her sacrifice, mayb wen something Mahamanga has done that comes to light.. mayb against jodha.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-05, 14:56

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

But if the mother times it right then she could make a place in her sons heart.. at a time when Jodha is talking about her sacrifice, mayb wen something Mahamanga has done that comes to light.. mayb against jodha.

It would it would.. Thats why I wanted it to be mutualy beneficial and cordial relationship between HH and Jodha...

While Ruq and MA repel Jalal's obsession with Jodha's thoughts, HH might encourage him, showing him that she is happy for him...

In the meanwhile Jodha is gonna deflect his advances and when his confidant and Daima are not very happy, he is gonna turn to his Momma...

Would he pour lavish gifts on her that would be returned back without even being touched? I wanna see I wanna see...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-05, 14:58

loved ur post Thumbsup ....

1. i just cannot digest the "Harem shown....No ... i hope Jodha is not put there.... No ... dont the queen have seperate place to stay... that "harem" was totally unacceptable for me No 

2. Overall the epi was not boring but like u said build up epi.... Hope things move ....

3. Ruqaiya : I still feel she dun carry herself like a queen... N the costumes scratch .. shes an empress n her clothes scratch ....

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 17:06

riyya6 wrote:loved ur post Thumbsup ....

1. i just cannot digest the "Harem shown....No ... i hope Jodha is not put there.... No ... dont the queen have seperate place to stay... that "harem" was totally unacceptable for me No 

2. Overall the epi was not boring but like u said build up epi.... Hope things move ....

3. Ruqaiya : I still feel she dun carry herself like a queen... N the costumes scratch .. shes an empress n her clothes scratch ....

Thanks, Hun..

The harem was not normally like this, each had their own quarters and lived in it with their relatives .. Ekta went for Shock value, I guess or she may show the actual picture later ..

Things will move.. Already it has begun to roll na

She has got the attitude right but she loses that poise constantly and coming back into the character takes few seconds and viewer's get jolted ..plus sometimes her expressions were misplaced..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-05, 17:23

Abavi wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

It would it would.. Thats why I wanted it to be mutualy beneficial and cordial relationship between HH and Jodha...

While Ruq and MA repel Jalal's obsession with Jodha's thoughts, HH might encourage him, showing him that she is happy for him...

In the meanwhile Jodha is gonna deflect his advances and when his confidant and Daima are not very happy, he is gonna turn to his Momma...

Would he pour lavish gifts on her that would be returned back without even being touched? I wanna see I wanna see...

did you see Riyya post ?? I quite liked how Jodha walks by him in arrogance and how Jalal stabs thru her odhni and stops her

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-08, 09:13

Haan.. saw it just now... How I wish she throws back a "Damn you" look... and walk off asking him to have her dupatta.. anyway she didnt care much for it all these days, you either see her mom or sister putting it on her while she is lost in some or other petty things...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:11

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum