Latest topics

With no TRP danda, are we in for even more "less than average" episode?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

With no TRP danda, are we in for even more "less than average" episode?

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 11:48

TAM has announced that there will be no TRP for the next one month. Does that mean that the makers will have the liberty of dishing out more illogical stuff and bide their time.

Yesterday we had QH Mahasangam which was FORGETTABLE to say the least. It was more to promote the other two shows which are not doing well in the TRP chart. But still can the QH scenes not be upto the mark? Is it too much to ask for?

1.The much awaited Teri-Meri fell flat, editing at its worst, Karan-Surbhi did NOT put their heart and soul to the scenes and it was very evident. We wanted a passionate, sensuous dance, not the dance steps....for that we can watch JDJ/DID/IDS on various channels.Twisted Evil 

2. The scenes at Ayan's house were sort of saving grace but even there, logic beats us. QH has been running for the past 9 months and Ayan says that its just 2 months since Imran --Nikhat know each other. What a blunder/blooper!!!confused Does this mean, Asad knows Zoya only for less than two months and Tanu has not passed even her first/two months of the first trimester zipped 

3. Where is the continuity of the scenes? Asad is clean shaven on Thursday in the car but had stubble when he entered the car on Wednesday. Did he shave during the journey.Why, was it a perquisite to give donations to the charity enroute the journey scratch 

Any which ways, let bygones be bygones. QH is at a juncture where either the makers can go for a kill with the tight script and end on a higher note OR let this story also go downhill , stretch beyond the limit and then shut shop.

Take your pick!!!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: With no TRP danda, are we in for even more "less than average" episode?

Post by riti4u on 2013-07-12, 11:57

regarding TRPs not being there...definately it gives makers a chance to experiment...but then i feel they will not experiment that much...so as to loose all viewers when TRPs are back in business...
regarding mahasangam episode....I really liked your take... QH had every chance to make it or break it... with illogical things...and bloopers...they are just spoiling it more...and also I really find depth in acting missing from both leads...

riti4u

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 12:02

Thanks Riti :) 

TBH....I was damn frustrated with the MS, it was an ordeal to sit through the 1.5 hours.....

@Zoya meddling with PV scenes, i was so much reminded of Khushi's DM avatar....which i hated to the core...

I just hope the makers make a judicious decision on how to keep the viewers glued to the screen....else I wont be surprised with the TRP taking a nosedive

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-12, 12:05

They r updating TRP system but then the TRP will b on a monthly basis? I suppose the experimenting is dependent on who u r and the channel, 4lions seem to have more creative freedom here to tell the story and yet it's not exactly original nor is it moving at a nice speed...i think the torture may continue...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-12, 12:09

Pallo,

Isn't the story already going downhill??

4Lions were known for a standard, they set the benchmark when it came to romance, be it  Geet or IPK..  They were the trch bearer's.. but then came Qubool..  If we look at it dispassionately , I would say, the first error was in  leaving the norm and choosing a earthy Surbhi , second was  choosing a lead who is not versatile and his acting is quite limited *Giving him emotionally intense scenes were a mistake* , next is actually having a intense actor in Vikrant and NOT using him .. Then comes the plot .. Humeira becomes Rajani, razia does not get thrown out, the Tom and jerry fight continues, rashid is still an impotent..

The classy 4 lions are turning their show in David Dhwansque pot boilers  and are getting quick bucks in the form of high TRP's .. if that is their goal, then they are  succeeding  but this show will be forgotten once it ceases airing unlike Geet and IPK  which was made with soul..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 12:11

True that Sarra......Sigh!!!

Wish they could give a proper closure to this drama at least....it started off well, but somewhere it has lost its way, the makers are confused as to who and what should be given more importance and when.....

If they continue such antics..then no TRP is a blessing in disguise for them.....coz I see a free fall from No.2  to dunno which position....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-12, 12:14

Very true Tants, but u may have a problem in that they don't want KSG to b outshone and therefore VM isn't being used to full capacity...my views on KSG acting r not complementary....even Geet or IP did well in TRPS, Geet limited in terms of channel, until they themselves went haywire, which should tell them that they can easily lose the viewers for QH as well and they have not built up the same hard core fans.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-12, 12:21

sarra0 wrote:Very true Tants, but u may have a problem in that they don't want KSG to b outshone and therefore VM isn't being used to full capacity...my views on KSG acting r not complementary....even Geet or IP did well in TRPS, Geet limited in terms of channel, until they  themselves went haywire, which should tell them that they can easily lose the viewers for QH as well and they have not built up the same hard core fans.

What is the over weening need to please and keep on pleasing KSG ??  focus on your product, KSG is part of it and not the beginning and end of it ..  use those actors who can up the level of the show rather then playing to please a ego of a insecure actor..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 12:22

Tanthya wrote:Pallo,

4Lions were known for a standard, they set the benchmark when it came to romance, be it  Geet or IPK..  They were the trch bearer's.. but then came Qubool..  If we look at it dispassionately , I would say, the first error was in  leaving the norm and choosing a earthy Surbhi , second was  choosing a lead who is not versatile and his acting is quite limited *Giving him emotionally intense scenes were a mistake* , next is actually having a intense actor in Vikrant and NOT using him .. Then comes the plot .. Humeira becomes Rajani, razia does not get thrown out, the Tom and jerry fight continues, rashid is still an impotent..

The classy 4 lions are turning their show in David Dhwansque pot boilers  and are getting quick bucks in the form of high TRP's .. if that is their goal, then they are  succeeding  but this show will be forgotten once it ceases airing unlike Geet and IPK  which was made with soul..

Yup Sathu, agree with u on all the points Thumbsup 

I would still say...Zoya /Surbhi does a good job and outshines Asad/Karan everytime.....when they are together  so TV has got a good find in her.

Vikrant is underutilised and Karan over in intense scenes.....both the aspects are creating havoc.....The makers are just not highlighting the strong points in both of them.

As far as story is concerned, I hope the greed doesnt take over the PH and they come up with a good script, exposing Razia-tanu and the raaz of 17 years with the 3 protagonists ASAP....and get done with the show.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-12, 12:28

pollyanna wrote:

I would still say...Zoya /Surbhi does a good job and outshines Asad/Karan everytime.....when they are together  so TV has got a good find in her.

Vikrant is underutilised and Karan over in intense scenes.....both the aspects are creating havoc.....The makers are just not highlighting the strong points in both of them.

As far as story is concerned, I hope the greed doesnt take over the PH and they come up with a good script, exposing Razia-tanu and the raaz of 17 years with the 3 protagonists ASAP....and get done with the show.

Actingwise, Surbhi surpasses KSG , KSG is no match for her and her voice is good too.. not shrill or shrieky but she does not fit into the beautiful, petite framework ,, if the choice was deliberate, then bold choice by 4 lions and applause to them ..

with Vikrant signing up movies post lootera, I guess it will be up to KSG , I just wish that they stick to his strengths and not try to explore his facets when there are none to explore.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-12, 12:37

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Very true Tants, but u may have a problem in that they don't want KSG to b outshone and therefore VM isn't being used to full capacity...my views on KSG acting r not complementary....even Geet or IP did well in TRPS, Geet limited in terms of channel, until they  themselves went haywire, which should tell them that they can easily lose the viewers for QH as well and they have not built up the same hard core fans.

What is the over weening need to please and keep on pleasing KSG ??  focus on your product, KSG is part of it and not the beginning and end of it ..  use those actors who can up the level of the show rather then playing to please a ego of a insecure actor..

That is unfortunately a question I can't answer...they had to have him in a show.. they have and now..He is there's, unki aan, baan aur shaan, i havnt figured out what he can give wen acting wise he has always been outclassed by nearly everyone from the beginning. But 4lions lose the thread of the product and have done so previously and appears this show has gone down that same route... they may have initially kept his intense scenes to b minimum like confrontations with Rashid but now...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-07-12, 12:40

It was pure torture

I do feel we will get flat episodes and they will drag the sense of the story

Then zoya acting like khushi- uffo

No one concerned about dadi

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-12, 12:46

pollyanna wrote:True that Sarra......Sigh!!!

Wish they could give a proper closure to this drama at least....it started off well, but somewhere it has lost its way, the makers are confused as to who and what should be given more importance and when.....

If they continue such antics..then no TRP is a blessing in disguise for them.....coz I see a free fall from No.2  to dunno which position....

That is something they r used to..interesting thing wat will happen if there trps fall ... that is 4lions downfall, they want online Janta but they r on a channel which work by trp and if they keep sabotaging there own products who will buy it

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 12:48

clarissasham wrote:It was pure torture

that was so UNNERVING Shami Twisted Evil  Bang

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-07-12, 12:50

pollyanna wrote:

Do you think pallo they will soon end the story by revealing all plots and punishing the guilty. This too will go ipk way without proper closure I gueess.. cause look at the way story is being stretched – the imp characters  are not giving any imp and atanu always winning and she is most instellgent  than all. even shaym had limitations

I agree with sathu why to give so much im to KSG like just think on how many scènes past one week he acted. He is like stiffed and that was evident in teri meri dance

I too wish like pallo to start them reveling secrets and not drag it gave good name to the show. Even though ipk lost it flavor in last period, it was worth watchable. Buit that cant happen with all shows.

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheza on 2013-07-12, 12:51

I guess the chart will not be up for the viewers but will have the TRPs. Is that how it will work?

Mediocre stuffs for sure and shows like CC will escape the wrath of being axe. I have not seen more a blunder of a show by a good PH and known actors. I guess greed does that.

Also after TRP many vouch IF to be sample audience. How are makers even to get a clear picture when a certain sector is all pleased with a different nightie and hug a day and rest are not even allowed to speak or if spoken are hushed.

Sheza
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-07-12, 12:52

pollyanna wrote:

we used to cringe with khushi too but there she was not this educated like zoya. she was normal girl not an NY retrunee

i changed channel when ter meri happened after watching for some time and LOL  . sorry i made separate post on it.

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 12:59

Sheza wrote:I guess the chart will not be up for the viewers but will have the TRPs. Is that how it will work?

Mediocre stuffs for sure and shows like CC will escape the wrath of being axe. I have not seen more a blunder of a show by a good PH and known actors. I guess greed does that.

Also after TRP many vouch IF to be sample audience. How are makers even to get a clear picture when a certain sector is all pleased with a different nightie and hug a day and rest are not even allowed to speak or if spoken are hushed.

Hi Sheza, Welcome to Dhwani and QH forum, guess am interacting with you for the first time :) :)

Well...dunno how TRP is going to be played in this one month....but looks like all the PH must have heaved a sigh of relief....they will be able to wrath havoc in our living rooms...and we will be making an over use of our remote.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 13:02

clarissasham wrote:
pollyanna wrote:

Do you think pallo they will soon end the story by revealing all plots and punishing the guilty. This too will go ipk way without proper closure I gueess.. cause look at the way story is being stretched – the imp characters  are not giving any imp and atanu always winning and she is most instellgent  than all. even shaym had limitations

I agree with sathu why to give so much im to KSG like just think on how many scènes past one week he acted. He is like stiffed and that was evident in teri meri dance

I too wish like pallo to start them reveling secrets and not drag it gave good name to the show. Even though ipk lost it flavor in last period, it was worth watchable. Buit that cant happen with all shows.

Tanu and Razia are going way beyond now.......they have to be stopped else the viewers will turn out to be Tanu-Razia for the PH  very soon.

KSG....i wish Gul understands his limitations and highlights his romantic angle more .....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 13:03

clarissasham wrote:
pollyanna wrote:

we used to cringe with khushi too but there she was not this educated like zoya. she was normal girl not an NY retrunee

i changed channel when ter meri happened after watching for some time and LOL  . sorry i made separate post on it.

Shami, how I wish I could do that :cry:  No

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-12, 13:05

sarra0 wrote:

That is something they r used to..interesting thing wat will happen if there trps fall ... that is 4lions downfall, they want online Janta but they r on a channel which work by trp and if they keep sabotaging there own products who will buy it

I hope they dont go to such an extent where the channel has to interfere .....havent they learnt any lesson?? once bitten, twice shy Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-07-12, 13:05

pollyanna wrote:
Sheza wrote:I guess the chart will not be up for the viewers but will have the TRPs. Is that how it will work?

Hi Sheza, Welcome to Dhwani and QH forum, guess am interacting with you for the first time :) :)

Well...dunno how TRP is going to be played in this one month....but looks like all the PH must have heaved a sigh of relief....they will be able to wrath havoc in our living rooms...and we will be making an over use of our remote.

and n my Pov its blessing in disguise for us.  thank for that cause I will not be watching it much so after Ramadan thus troy would be  the  same

zoya might not have reached asad

rajani will start cooking veg in kitchen

dadi will be in that store room only

not spotted or enquired by even her son and potha

rashid miyya would be on  world tour to research how to grow a spine

asad miyya would go to SA

thank god

tanu will  sharpen her knife and for one month her belly would stop growing

razia will LOL as her plots are on pause, even though her daughter lost memory

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheza on 2013-07-12, 13:06

Hey Polly

Sorry did not realise its QH forum .... I thought the topic was under TRP thread.

Yes for the makers who has a sense of direction with their story this is golden opportunity but otherwise I see my remote to be busy.

Sheza
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-12, 13:09

pollyanna wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

I hope they dont go to such an extent where the channel has to interfere .....havent they learnt any lesson?? once bitten, twice shy Wink

They have not, this is the third venture...they have gone down the route u still believe in us? More fool you

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-07-12, 13:19

sarra0 wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

They have not, this is the third venture...they have gone down the route u still believe in us? More fool you

me too agree with sarra they will give improper closure and if that doesnt happen that will be ninth wonder

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum