Latest topics

JA: Will Ekta Kapoor shut down Jodha Akbar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JA: Will Ekta Kapoor shut down Jodha Akbar?

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-17, 16:57

Trouble knocked the doors of Balaji Telefilms' recently launched grand historical Jodha Akbarstarring Rajat Tokas and Paridhi Sharma as the leads. The show has been going through controversies since the time it has begun even though it started well.
Some days after the telecast there started coming a ticker slogan which was added in the show saying, "All the scenes and matters shown in the show are not related to history and there is no intention to hurt any particular caste or group" but still it was not enough to keep the trouble at bay for those demanding to shut down the show. 

Even as there were protests by hundreds of Rajputs from various Rajput organisations blocked the Ambala - Hisar state highway, today it was representatives of the Rajput community in the city to voice their protest. They all gathered outside the office of Balaji Telefilms' in Mumbai demanding that the producers shut down the show immediately.

Our source says, "Few representatives from the Rajput society are opposing the content being shown in the show. According to them, there has been not a single woman belonging to the Rajput society named 'Jodha' in the history. The protestors also claim that the image of Rajput women is not being shown positively. The Rajput women in the show are being shown with disrespect."

The fate of the serial is in trouble as of now adds our source, "After all this chaos, there is no peace on the sets of Jodha Akbar and producer Ekta Kapoor may even take a decision to take it off air!"

Will a strong producer as Ekta take such a crucial decision within such a short notice. Only time will tell.  

Credit: tb 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: JA: Will Ekta Kapoor shut down Jodha Akbar?

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-17, 17:01

Credit: tc 

Members of Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha demand immediate ending of Jodha Akbar; protests outside Balaji office
1 hour ago | TellychakkarTeam

Trouble seems to be brewing for Ekta Kapoor and her associates at Balaji Telefilms.
What is being said to be Ekta's most ambitious project on small screen, Jodha Akbar on Zee TV, has been embroiled in problems ever since it hit screens.
First an Ahmedabad based lawyer went ahead to file a case against the soap Queen for distorting the historical facts in the above mentioned serial. And now it's the Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha that has decided to throw a punch at the makers.
As we write the article, members of Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha are protesting outside the office of Balaji Telefilms demanding to pull Jodha Akbar off air immediately.
Our reporter from the scene of action shared, "There are more than hundred heads holding placards. They are shouting slogans against Zee TV and Ekta Kapoor. They want the show to end instantly."
So why are they protesting? Let's hear it from the horse's mouth.
Tellychakkar.com contacted President of Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha (Maharashtra) Shashikant Pawar and he said, "Akbar is seen demeaning Rajputs every second on this show. Apart from that they have someone called Jodha, a lady who never existed at all. It's distortion of facts. The show is damaging the image of Rajputs and we won't let that happen. Hence, we are protesting outside Ekta's office."
When asked if they have had a telephonic conversation with Ekta he averred, "We are protesting so that she understands our concerns. We haven't had a conversation with her before this."
What if Ekta does not agree to their demand of shutting down her show? "We have a lot of people with us and they might resolve to violent means if she does not agree," threatened the President.
Hopefully… the issue gets settled amicably!!!

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-17, 17:06

ChandigarhThe newly-launched TV serial - Jodha Akbar - has led to a spate of protests in Chandigarh.

Members of certain Rajput community organisations today took to the streets in protest against the show which, they alleged, portrayed their community in a poor light.

The protesters accused the producers of the show of distorting historical facts. "No director or producer has the right to depict any community in such a way by distorting historical facts," they said.

The police resorted to lathicharge and water cannons to control the crowd.

The Balaji Telefilms serial went on air on Zee TV on June 18.

Credit: HDTV.com / poojie 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-07-17, 17:08

riyya6 wrote:Credit: tc 

Members of Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha demand immediate ending of Jodha Akbar; protests outside Balaji office
1 hour ago | TellychakkarTeam

Trouble seems to be brewing for Ekta Kapoor and her associates at Balaji Telefilms.
What is being said to be Ekta's most ambitious project on small screen, 

Jodha Akbar
 on Zee TV, has been embroiled in problems ever since it hit screens.
First an Ahmedabad based lawyer went ahead to file a case against the soap Queen for distorting the historical facts in the above mentioned serial. And now it's the Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha that has decided to throw a punch at the makers.
As we write the article, members of Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha are protesting outside the office of Balaji Telefilms demanding to pull Jodha Akbar off air immediately.
Our reporter from the scene of action shared, "There are more than hundred heads holding placards. They are shouting slogans against Zee TV and Ekta Kapoor. They want the show to end instantly."
So why are they protesting? Let's hear it from the horse's mouth.
Tellychakkar.com contacted President of Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha (Maharashtra) Shashikant Pawar and he said, "Akbar is seen demeaning Rajputs every second on this show. Apart from that they have someone called Jodha, a lady who never existed at all. It's distortion of facts. The show is damaging the image of Rajputs and we won't let that happen. Hence, we are protesting outside Ekta's office."
When asked if they have had a telephonic conversation with Ekta he averred, "We are protesting so that she understands our concerns. We haven't had a conversation with her before this."
What if Ekta does not agree to their demand of shutting down her show? "We have a lot of people with us and they might resolve to violent means if she does not agree," threatened the President.
Hopefully… the issue gets settled amicably!!!

Oh get a life Mahashaba.

The best thing to do would be to set aside money to combat legal issues and crazy zealots when launching a historical show in India. I hope Ekta did that. I know Borat ( Sacha baron Cohen) had money set aside to diffuse situations like this cos he knew he was going to insult every religion and ethnic groups on earth. :lol!: 

Thanks for the article Riya... I was thoroughly enjoying this show.  Hope the plugs don't get pulled on it.

Last edited by Shesherkobita on 2013-07-17, 17:33; edited 1 time in total

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-17, 17:12

Don't know looks like they might pull the plug  No.... This is the only Hindi show I watch ATM No .

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by win7 on 2013-07-17, 17:32

What the!

win7
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-17, 17:40

Credit : tnn / Poojie 

Jodha-Akbar TV serial
KARNAL: Members of Rajput community ran amok in Karnal on Friday while protesting against the government's failure to ban television (TV) serial Jodha-Akbar, being aired by a private channel, pelting stones at a public transport bus and damaging a truck on the national highway 1 (NH1).
The community members had recently staged a peaceful protest demanding that the TV serial be taken off air, alleging distortion of historical facts by the maker of the programme.

On Friday afternoon, a group of Rajputs blocked NH1 for one hour. Later they started pelting stones on a Punjab Roadways bus that was on its way to Patti town in Amritsar from Delhi. A number of passengers were injured due to hurling of stones, which also damaged the window glasses of the bus. The bus driver, Jaimal Singh, said the bus got caught in the rampage and efforts to steer clear of the crowd proved futile as the protestors had blocked the whole road.

They also damaged a truck before police managed to disperse them. Members of the group alleged that promos of the TV serial depict Rajputs in a poor light as historical facts seem to have been distorted. They further alleged that some words used by makers of the serial were defamatory and could not be accepted by the community, which is spread all across the nation. "We will take every possible step to stop the broadcast of this serial," a protester, Rajesh Rana, said.

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-07-17, 17:42

riyya6 wrote:Don't know looks like they might pull the plug  No.... This is the only Hindi show I watch ATM No .

You've outdone ourself Riya... Before you used to shut down shows by lowering TRP and now you are doing it by causing riots. Thumbsup 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by win7 on 2013-07-17, 17:46

Its just a show. They can voice their opinions but why are they reacting like this.

win7
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-07-17, 19:24

Sabi in a way, shows that I watch comes to an end very fast :lol!:  What the

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-18, 14:58

Wat the! This is the only show i like at the moment, it's fiction...take it as such...so much goes on in the world, so much in India alone and this is wat u want to protest to close down..

Riya u strike again :lol!: 

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-18, 15:09

No she wouldnt why would she?

Let me count why they think the Rajputs are demeaned in the show..

1. They were shown to were cheap clothes
2. Their maid like girls were shown to be princesses
3. Their ladies were shown to go out for a boat ride with a ex-fiance in the night
4. They are shown to jump for jauhar option every alternate sentence... Rajputs were not that week

But apart from this, I dont think anything else is seriously demeaning... and this is a show.. I think Ekta would be basking in the lime light the show is getting with all this protests.

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-07-18, 15:28

riyya6 wrote:Sabi in a way, shows that I watch comes to an end very fast :lol!:  What the

Riyya, I usually start watching shows in between & frm that point, they start going downhill. No 

I started watching MJHT in between & went back to watch from the start. I started IPK from New YR & went back to watch frm the start. MJHT went downhill 1-2 months after I started watching & we all know IPK went downhill from March. :clown: 

So am I the reason CC is crap from the start confused

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-18, 16:07

Abavi wrote:No she wouldnt why would she?

Let me count why they think the Rajputs are demeaned in the show..

1. They were shown to were cheap clothes
2. Their maid like girls were shown to be princesses
3. Their ladies were shown to go out for a boat ride with a ex-fiance in the night
4. They are shown to jump for jauhar option every alternate sentence... Rajputs were not that week

But apart from this, I dont think anything else is seriously demeaning... and this is a show.. I think Ekta would be basking in the lime light the show is getting with all this protests.

Seriously !!

It is irritating  to see them quibbling over a fiction .. there are real issues out there ,  tackle them ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum