Latest topics

ILKDM #7 - Voices !!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ILKDM #7 - Voices !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-20, 16:27

Shesherkobita wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:Thanks Tanthya for the wonderful analysis... 
Seems like Ekta recruited the kid playing Jodha awhile ago... If she had found the one playing Rukiya now ...she might not have chosen the plain looking Jodha. Just my POV though! It's all Kismet ki luck! The best way to salvage this would be to emphasize more on Jodha's personality and NOT her beauty ... Even the portrait made by the proto-type police sketch artist, I mean the Mughal commissioned artist, was Horrible!  

I am enjoying Rajat's Akbar... And I am absolutely loving all the distortion of facts... This is a semi historical  fantasy soap... cream .... It's supposed to have artiste's rendition ( I mean ekta's bizarre soapiness in it) . 

Rukiya and Jalal... At that time ( 1500s) women were bought for a price ( money or title) So it was really not expected that they would be in love and all that... She is in for the title and he is in for a good romp! Even Jodha will come with a price tag, na? Amer's security was bought by selling Jodha to her fancier, that's all! 
Jalal favored her the most and that's why the popular belief started there was some " kuch kuch hota hai, aap nehi samhjegi Rukiya and 50 other concubines" 

Always love reading you ...

Sabi,

It was said that Ekta opted for her after seeing 7000 auditions ..Sometimes I think  Ekta  chose her cuz she looks a bit like  Ash in certain angles ..It would have been nice  if she were a good actor and Ekta was swayed by tht but her acting is  much worse than Pankhudi's !..Yea, they need to stress on her personality and  hope tht Paridhi  renders it , which I doubt !

Sabi,

Ruqs  and Jalal were childhood friends, cousins and grew up together ..women were bought for a price, traded off, were part of treaty's  but Rus was from a well off royal family  and she was married to Jalal when she was 9 and Jalal 14.. so the curiosity..

Historically..Ruqs was the  most favored wife , Akbar loved her the most and favoured her .. he deferred to her counsel

Thanxx Hun :P

7000? Maybe Ekta went blind after viewing 7000 audition tapes :P  I still prefer the original cast to stay and hope they grow on me ... mr Creepers ( Akbar) already did ! 

Yes, Rukiya was a childhood friend, cousin etc. but when Royals married they still had ulterior motives behind the union... Maybe we just don't about it ( Ruk Jalal union) cos historians didnt write  about it. Why prefer 1 particular cousin over 200 other cousins ? some sort of bartering was there for sure. LOVE (much later concept, very different from  medieval era one) had very little to do with it... Just my POV. Although, given free reign Ekta would probably show Surayaban  and Jodha celebrate Valentine's day ... Oh hold it... She already did...they went on a midnight rendezvous  cheers Without chocolate, flower and wine of course! 

Oh okay... Didnt know Rukaya was the preferred one... Maybe the fact that Jodha bore the heir ( Jahangir) gave her the prominence later. Wase bhi, wasnt the lore of Jhoda Akbar  churned out by a Brit 300 yrs later? .. History is in the hand of the penholder :lol!:

Ditto here, Jalal has wormed his way into acceptance so do Maham Anga , strangely I like the ever smiling Suryaban too.. But Paridhi * Scowls*  she has to improve fast, fast, fast ..

even when a   regular marriage is fixed, it is done after seeing the profitability and not bec the couple are in love...  In regards to Ruqs, She was the closest relative as she was the grand daughter of Babur and was supposed to have had the regal bearing even at 9, Humayun decided that she would be the DIL of his Khandan. and the other factor was her father was a powerful governor of Afghan , There was love for Akbar in his later years had lamented that he would have preferred Monogamy and he was always supposed to have atendresse towards her, Yep..Mariam -Us-zamani rose to prominence as the third chief queen after she gave Akbar the Heir .. while Ruqs was always the chief consort ..Historians did write about Ruquaiya..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-07-20, 17:00

Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Seems like Ekta recruited the kid playing Jodha awhile ago... If she had found the one playing Rukiya now ...she might not have chosen the plain looking Jodha. Just my POV though! It's all Kismet ki luck! The best way to salvage this would be to emphasize more on Jodha's personality and NOT her beauty ... Even the portrait made by the proto-type police sketch artist, I mean the Mughal commissioned artist, was Horrible!  

I am enjoying Rajat's Akbar... And I am absolutely loving all the distortion of facts... This is a semi historical  fantasy soap... cream .... It's supposed to have artiste's rendition ( I mean ekta's bizarre soapiness in it) . 

Rukiya and Jalal... At that time ( 1500s) women were bought for a price ( money or title) So it was really not expected that they would be in love and all that... She is in for the title and he is in for a good romp! Even Jodha will come with a price tag, na? Amer's security was bought by selling Jodha to her fancier, that's all! 
Jalal favored her the most and that's why the popular belief started there was some " kuch kuch hota hai, aap nehi samhjegi Rukiya and 50 other concubines" 

Sabi,

It was said that Ekta opted for her after seeing 7000 auditions ..Sometimes I think  Ekta  chose her cuz she looks a bit like  Ash in certain angles ..It would have been nice  if she were a good actor and Ekta was swayed by tht but her acting is  much worse than Pankhudi's !..Yea, they need to stress on her personality and  hope tht Paridhi  renders it , which I doubt !

Sabi,

Ruqs  and Jalal were childhood friends, cousins and grew up together ..women were bought for a price, traded off, were part of treaty's  but Rus was from a well off royal family  and she was married to Jalal when she was 9 and Jalal 14.. so the curiosity..

Historically..Ruqs was the  most favored wife , Akbar loved her the most and favoured her .. he deferred to her counsel

7000? Maybe Ekta went blind after viewing 7000 audition tapes :P  I still prefer the original cast to stay and hope they grow on me ... mr Creepers ( Akbar) already did ! 

Yes, Rukiya was a childhood friend, cousin etc. but when Royals married they still had ulterior motives behind the union... Maybe we just don't about it ( Ruk Jalal union) cos historians didnt write  about it. Why prefer 1 particular cousin over 200 other cousins ? some sort of bartering was there for sure. LOVE (much later concept, very different from  medieval era one) had very little to do with it... Just my POV. Although, given free reign Ekta would probably show Surayaban  and Jodha celebrate Valentine's day ... Oh hold it... She already did...they went on a midnight rendezvous  cheers Without chocolate, flower and wine of course! 

Oh okay... Didnt know Rukaya was the preferred one... Maybe the fact that Jodha bore the heir ( Jahangir) gave her the prominence later. Wase bhi, wasnt the lore of Jhoda Akbar  churned out by a Brit 300 yrs later? .. History is in the hand of the penholder :lol!:

Ditto here, Jalal has wormed his way into acceptance so do Maham Anga , strangely I like the ever smiling Suryaban too.. But Paridhi * Scowls*  she has to improve fast, fast, fast ..

even when a   regular marriage is fixed, it is done after seeing the profitability and not bec the couple are in love...  In regards to Ruqs, She was the closest relative as she was the grand daughter of Babur and was supposed to have had the regal bearing even at 9, Humayun decided that she would be the DIL of his Khandan. and the other factor was her father was a powerful governor of Afghan , There was love for Akbar in his later years had lamented that he would have preferred Monogamy and he was always supposed to have atendresse towards her, Yep..Mariam -Us-zamani rose to prominence as the third chief queen after she gave Akbar the Heir .. while Ruqs was always the chief consort ..Historians did write about Ruquaiya..

Interesting...  Mughals and monogamy .. Sounds like oxymoron... But Akbar was a different kind of mughal ... So It's possible...
I don't know history much and very little of the Mughals. Tanthya I grew up on Babar road and moved to Humayun road after I got married :) and yet I had very little interest  till I saw Babar on history or discovery channel a long time ago. It was very interesting ... They brought their own hoard of women when they invaded India but were stunned by the beauty of Indian women and kept amassing them! ( there was an interesting take  on makeup... Early Mughal women used ashes as marks on their faces, tribal signs and Indian women used crushed pollen as make up, sorry I digress) ... Polygamy and harem was the norm. Akbar maybe couldn't break the shackles of tradition. 
Yes Rukiya was in the history  writings but they were all commissioned by Akbar... I wonder why he never mentioned Marium ( harka / jodha) ... I would like to believe she influenced his secular beliefs which eventually peaked  through Din E Elahi ( the  combined religion, what a progressive thought for that time) ! Wonder if  things would've been different if Rukiya bore The son. 

I learn so much from you ... Thanks..

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-20, 17:28

Shesherkobita wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Sabi,

Sabi,

Interesting...  Mughals and monogamy .. Sounds like oxymoron... But Akbar was a different kind of mughal ... So It's possible...
I don't know history much and very little of the Mughals. Tanthya I grew up on Babar road and moved to Humayun road after I got married :) and yet I had very little interest  till I saw Babar on history or discovery channel a long time ago. It was very interesting ... They brought their own hoard of women when they invaded India but were stunned by the beauty of Indian women and kept amassing them! ( there was an interesting take  on makeup... Early Mughal women used ashes as marks on their faces, tribal signs and Indian women used crushed pollen as make up, sorry I digress) ... Polygamy and harem was the norm. Akbar maybe couldn't break the shackles of tradition. 
Yes Rukiya was in the history  writings but they were all commissioned by Akbar... I wonder why he never mentioned Marium ( harka / jodha) ... I would like to believe she influenced his secular beliefs which eventually peaked  through Din E Elahi ( the  combined religion, what a progressive thought for that time) ! Wonder if  things would've been different if Rukiya bore The son. 

sabi, sabi *wheedling Tone* sabi sabi..Can you give me the Link to discovery prog ??

Actually .. while Polygamy did exist.. Harem was limited during Babur and Humayun .. It exploded during Akbar's reign and continued unchecked during Jahangir's ..It is said that The Harem of Jahangir was so big that it was a small village by itself !!:P

Mariam is mentioned and  the books do talk about her.. while Ruqs was the Chief consort, Mariam was even more powerful for she was the only one woman apart from Akbar who could send out  'Farman' Royal decree to the populace..a  right denied to all other's .. She also had a thriving Shipping company which ferrried ppl to and fro from India to mecca.. she traded in spices and was a wealthy lady ..She was also active in politics and played a key role in bringing about peace between Mughal and Rajputs.. !! :)

It is Harka/Jodha who are wispy..although Harka is mentioned  as Jahangir's wife  , married  due to political compulsions..

Plzzz..No Thank You between Friends !! and it is a pleasure to share and learn

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-07-20, 18:02

Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Sabi,

Sabi,

sabi, sabi *wheedling Tone* sabi sabi..Can you give me the Link to discovery prog ??

Actually .. while Polygamy did exist.. Harem was limited during Babur and Humayun .. It exploded during Akbar's reign and continued unchecked during Jahangir's ..It is said that The Harem of Jahangir was so big that it was a small village by itself !!:P

Mariam is mentioned and  the books do talk about her.. while Ruqs was the Chief consort, Mariam was even more powerful for she was the only one woman apart from Akbar who could send out  'Farman' Royal decree to the populace..a  right denied to all other's .. She also had a thriving Shipping company which ferrried ppl to and fro from India to mecca.. she traded in spices and was a wealthy lady ..She was also active in politics and played a key role in bringing about peace between Mughal and Rajputs.. !! :)

It is Harka/Jodha who are wispy..although Harka is mentioned  as Jahangir's wife  , married  due to political compulsions..

Plzzz..No Thank You between Friends !! and it is a pleasure to share and learn
Tants... I saw that atleast 17 yrs ago ( before I left home) ... It might've been an ITV production... I'll keep looking for the link...

Oh my Jhoda as Akbars wife probably didnt even exist. Do you know about Borte ? It's such a fantastic story ( I will make a separate post on it to keep this post in context) ... It was in the beginning times of the Mughals who were actually Mongols ( or central Asian) and that's why they were stunned by the Indian beauties ( not that I find mongoloid faces any less beautiful but they LOVED the straight nosed big eyed indian beauties) . 

Babar and Humayun were probably busy with invasion and establishing grounds in a foreign land... Where as Akbar and Jahangir reaped the fruit of their predecessors toiling  and enjoyed life a bit more :lol!:

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-23, 14:41

Tants, I got updated with two weeks worth only during the weekend, and I am catching up now with the discussion, pardon the lateness. Also pardon the mix up of what ever I have written down here, it is a jumble of all thoughts that I have in mind after watching 2 weeks worth episodes in a single go. It is not at all connected to what you have discussed here.

One of the main things that BK has injected in Jalal when he was young is to be merciless. He had taught him time and again to not show his weekness, still when the time came for BK himself to be at a place where he needs mercy from Jalal, he would have expected Jalal to be ruthless and behead him. But what does Jalal do? He throws away the sword and hugs his khan bhaba.. What follows is a emotional sendoff for his traitor. Did he have an instinct that this would be the last that he is seeing his Khan bhaba?

While It was BK who taught Jalal to be ruthless and merciless, MA and Ruqs as well take advantage of it.

Everyone has a weakpoint. While it is AK for MA, for Ruq it is her inability to give Jalal his heir. She does love him, but she is scared to admit it to him, for she knows what he thinks of love- he is taught time and again that love is a form of weekness and if he feels that he would not be able to conquer. She knows this fact well.

When the news that Jalal's concubine is pregnant, Ruq is shattered - Though she knows that a concubine's son cannot be a heir, even the thought that there is a fear that her place would shake if Jalal's first son comes from someone else- shows how insecure she feels of her post- something like she hasnt realised that her position would never be taken by anyone else- not even by Jodha.

We see a hint of her insecureness when HB talks about not being in love as the reason for not conceiving (leave the massacre of science here) We can see how painful the girl looked. She even cries when Jalal confirms his stand on their relationship- there is no love between them. But does she show this to him? No- why? is it because she wants to show him that she also shares the same line of thoughts? Why is she scared to show him that she does love him and it is only he who doesnt believe in love?

She shares a cold relationship with MA but still supports her when Jalal is confused with BK matter. Was it a indirect get even with HB for her speech in the jail about not being in love? It should be more of strategical plan for MA's position. But what strategy does she see in supporting MA now? She doesnt seem to have any riffs with Bk either- was it her indirect anger on him for turning Jalal into someone with false mask of being merciless?

Ok lets come back to who this real Jalal is. I was intrigued when Ruqs comes to him and tells him that he looks good in that dress, the man immediately asks her what she wants... Is this man so lonely that even a word of admiration from his most loved (not romantically though) begum is not trustable for him? Why wont he take her word in her truest sense?

Jalal is not heartless, though he portrays himself to be. The real Jalal is the one who hugged BK when he surrendered. The real Jalal is the one who lamented when his loyal servant Zaheer died. The real Jalal is the one who put his hand in the fire to take out the payal of Rajkumari Jodha, The real Jalal is the one who slipped his head into his Daima's lap, the real Jalal is the one who doesnt take his eyes of his consort Ruq the moment he lays his eyes on her after he comes home, The real Jalal is the one who worries about not being a father yet, the real Jalal is the one who is heart broken to hear that his teacher is dead.

So behind the Merciless, ruthless man who wants to conquer, behind the man who claims that he doesnt love, behind the man who burns the portrait of the girl who dared to put a sword to his neck to ashes, behind the man who declares war against his teacher- there hides the real one, probably the fake one is scared to expose the real one- may be the former would even deny the presence of the real one hiding behind this one. But he is already there... The only thing that Jodha would have to do is unmask him- Make him feel that he is not lonely anymore- in the truest sense.

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-24, 12:49

Abavi wrote:Tants, I got updated with two weeks worth only during the weekend, and I am catching up now with the discussion, pardon the lateness. Also pardon the mix up of what ever I have written down here, it is a jumble of all thoughts that I have in mind after watching 2 weeks worth episodes in a single go. It is not at all connected to what you have discussed here.

One of the main things that BK has injected in Jalal when he was young is to be merciless. He had taught him time and again to not show his weekness, still when the time came for BK himself to be at a place where he needs mercy from Jalal, he would have expected Jalal to be ruthless and behead him. But what does Jalal do? He throws away the sword and hugs his khan bhaba.. What follows is a emotional sendoff for his traitor. Did he have an instinct that this would be the last that he is seeing his Khan bhaba?

No, Acc to the scene , Khan Baba renounces everything and leaves for Haj ..even if he were to come back, He did not want to do anything with the governance of the Sultanat.. Going to Mecca In those days weren't easy.. plus  BK also says that this is HIS last wish and he requests Jalal to grant permission...Jalal cries for he knows he has lost the Khan Baba who was known to him.

While It was BK who taught Jalal to be ruthless and merciless, MA and Ruqs as well take advantage of it.

Everyone has a weakpoint. While it is AK for MA, for Ruq it is her inability to give Jalal his heir. She does love him, but she is scared to admit it to him, for she knows what he thinks of love- he is taught time and again that love is a form of weekness and if he feels that he would not be able to conquer. She knows this fact well.

Ruqs Loves him as a friend ..but I wonder whether she loves him as a Man.

When the news that Jalal's concubine is pregnant, Ruq is shattered - Though she knows that a concubine's son cannot be a heir, even the thought that there is a fear that her place would shake if Jalal's first son comes from someone else- shows how insecure she feels of her post- something like she hasnt realised that her position would never be taken by anyone else- not even by Jodha.

We see a hint of her insecureness when HB talks about not being in love as the reason for not conceiving (leave the massacre of science here) We can see how painful the girl looked. She even cries when Jalal confirms his stand on their relationship- there is no love between them. But does she show this to him? No- why? is it because she wants to show him that she also shares the same line of thoughts? Why is she scared to show him that she does love him and it is only he who doesnt believe in love?

Ruqs is more in love with Power than Jalal IMO (For now) ..To her anything and every event that may snatch away that power is catastrophic ..The shattering is not bec she did not give a heir but rather that Someone won the race ..

Distance, She fears that once she shows that she has emotions, Jalal might  draw a barricade which will put her on par with other ladies  and yes, there is a tiny seed of love ..She wants Jalal in her boudoir to establish her unquestioned supremacy and her primary attempt will be towards that end..  She serves herself first and Jalal next ..Somewhere Jalal knows this, senses this and hence his constant asking , whather she needs something now, wants a gift  etc etc.. for Jalal feels the selfishness in her love and his  restless spirit is seeking a selfless soul.

She shares a cold relationship with MA but still supports her when Jalal is confused with BK matter. Was it a indirect get even with HB for her speech in the jail about not being in love? It should be more of strategical plan for MA's position. But what strategy does she see in supporting MA now? She doesnt seem to have any riffs with Bk either- was it her indirect anger on him for turning Jalal into someone with false mask of being merciless?

No, MA  wields unhealthy amount of Power over Jalal , Ruqs has had first hand experience of it.. and being a girl who loves power , she extends her hand with an intention to extract her debt later .. Regards Bairam Khan, Ruqs herself explains why she wants Bairam Khan out of the picture.. cuz  as long as Bairam exists she cannot rightfully claim that she is the empress of Hind  and she wants to be one.

Ok lets come back to who this real Jalal is. I was intrigued when Ruqs comes to him and tells him that he looks good in that dress, the man immediately asks her what she wants... Is this man so lonely that even a word of admiration from his most loved (not romantically though) begum is not trustable for him? Why wont he take her word in her truest sense?

Jalal is not heartless, though he portrays himself to be. The real Jalal is the one who hugged BK when he surrendered. The real Jalal is the one who lamented when his loyal servant Zaheer died. The real Jalal is the one who put his hand in the fire to take out the payal of Rajkumari Jodha, The real Jalal is the one who slipped his head into his Daima's lap, the real Jalal is the one who doesnt take his eyes of his consort Ruq the moment he lays his eyes on her after he comes home, The real Jalal is the one who worries about not being a father yet, the real Jalal is the one who is heart broken to hear that his teacher is dead.

So behind the Merciless, ruthless man who wants to conquer, behind the man who claims that he doesnt love, behind the man who burns the portrait of the girl who dared to put a sword to his neck to ashes, behind the man who declares war against his teacher- there hides the real one, probably the fake one is scared to expose the real one- may be the former would even deny the presence of the real one hiding behind this one. But he is already there... The only thing that Jodha would have to do is unmask him- Make him feel that he is not lonely anymore- in the truest sense.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-24, 16:30

Tants, why would Ruq cry when Jalal says that he doesnt love her? If she was only behind power, that peice from her husband wouldnt make her cry.

And still she wipes her tears and tries to console him, bring him back to normalcy.

She might want to be the most important one for him. She is possessive about him. She wouldnt like anyone dominating him what so ever. that is the reason for her tiff with MA.

yes she wants to be Mallika- e- hind, but that is not the only reason she is behind Jalal. isnt it?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 06:16

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum