Latest topics

Forum 32 – A Platform where Artists, Techinicians and Creators of the Shows Read Their Followers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum 32 – A Platform where Artists, Techinicians and Creators of the Shows Read Their Followers

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-19, 10:51

Forum 32 – A Platform where Artists, Techinicians and Creators of the Shows Read Their Followers – An Insight!
Forum 32 covers shows that are very popular. We have had people we know, meet in trains, airports, on location and at various outdoor shoots, that they love these shows. We believe that such adulation and love for shows is very heartening. And this feedback is known to the artists, the technicians and the makers.
We have brought, news, interviews and articles on the artists, behind the scene people, makers and technicians of the shows. This is has been possible due to the co-peration of the production houses and the artists. We have developed friendship and rapport that goes beyond mere work sphere.
While we bring the actor behind the character closer to the followers of the show and the artists, the proximity does have its down side.
The artists whom we have interviewed or written about over the last ten months, follow Forum 32. Be it Shaleen Malhotra, Karan Singh Grover, Shivin Narang, Kunwar Amar Singh, Rithvik Dhanjani, Saptarishi Ghosh, Surbhi Jyoti, Sudipti Parmar. Shital Shah, Aditi Gupta, Heli Daruwala, Amrapali Gupta, Alka Kaushal, Shabnam Sayed, Tej Sapru, Vidya Sinha, Nishi Singh, Vikram Singh Chauhan, Vibhu Raghave, Udit Shukla, Karamjeet Singh Rajpal, Ketan Karande, Mrunal Thakur, Priya Singh, Rupesh Kumar, Lalit Mohan, Hrishikesh Gandhi, Arshad Khan, Vaibhav Singh and many more.
In short, people who know we exist in this industry follow the portal and then there is you, who follow us because you want to know about the person behind the character and the camera.
The reason we are posting this insight is that while you have right to write your views that you deem best, resorting to name calling is something that hurts them. They are sensitive just like you all and they work hard to entertain you, just the way you work hard. Being in the public eye need not mean that one needs to be hurled with insults.
Calling Asad Ahmed Khan – Ass-head, brainless, reflects on the character but beyond it. It is not a display of sense of humour or ability to play with words, but malice for the person playing it, person who has written it and the person who has allowed it to be on air. Yes, from artists to creatives to the channel, everyone reads your comments. Karan Singh Grover could not believe the names his character has been called.
This is just an example. Calling people names just because you don’t like the character or talking about their physical attributes (or lack of, according to you) is not “critique”; it is insult.  There are people like Heli Daruwala, who read such comments and cry, that is how sensitive she is.
Recently we were on the set and Amrapali did mention to us in a conversation that some of the comments are down right hurtful. And we assured her that on Forum 32, we definitely do not tolerate such language. And we shall continue to do so.
Your sensibilities are questioned here. While customer is King, is the Customer allowed to abuse the seller? Don’t buy, tell how it can be made better or ask for a discount, but calling the product an outright waste and a brainless invention would be unwarranted.
We don’t know if you all really understand the power that has been given to you and how “critiquing” would actually work. Even beyond it is the power of persuasion. Write what you want, not rant about what you don’t like.
And yes, we would have people here come and say, we have been saying for months that the character of Tanveer is too negative and please remove her and bring positivity in the show. All valid. However, how about giving the makers something in form of a write up on how to bring the downfall of Tanveer, Razia, Haseena, Alisha, Sikander and triumph of the good, love and relationships with equality and harmony prosper?
And after all these are shows, there will be twists and turns, ups and downs for it is like a life on daily basis that these character go through, a daily soap and to elaborate  the word DAILY ; we could Say – Drama Action Intensity Laughter Yawn.
So while all may not always be what you want, for Kabhi kisi ko mukkammal jahan nahi milta…, take the old with the new, the recycled with the fresh and good with the bad. Keep watching your favorite shows with a pinch of salt, some sugar and make lemonade of the lemons that come your way.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum 32 – A Platform where Artists, Techinicians and Creators of the Shows Read Their Followers

Post by asmi on 2013-07-19, 12:48

wen dey as makers concentrate more on spreading negativity...than positivity... courtsey tanveer nd razia..y xpect the viewers to nt so so....dey allow razia calling badi bi... "budhiya" nd make her live like a dead body...dey allow tanveer trying al  sorts of evil deeds possible to get asad in her life....nd den xpect the viewers to react in a decent manner..dey come up wd violence all the time nd xpect peace from viewers....well every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction.....plus people wrking in dis field hav to be ready for both pros nd cins of showbiz...
if dey are ready to take the appreciation....dey shud be ready to get the wordt words used 4 dem wd "A pinch of salt"

asmi
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum 32 – A Platform where Artists, Techinicians and Creators of the Shows Read Their Followers

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-19, 13:04

Asmi.....I agree with ur POV....but having said that, even I feel that as viewers we should not cross the fine line.....If something is not suiting our palate, we have a choice not to consume it, right??

Me thinks, this article is focusing on people who really use all sorts of foul language which is unparliamentary and also dont know the difference between character and actor. Its nice to criticise but not take an undue advantage of freedom of speech.

I do not like the recent episodes.....negativity for the past few months but then...degrading and resorting to name calling,unparliamentary language is uncalled for.......yup we can be a good critic...that will serve a better purpose :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by asmi on 2013-07-19, 13:31

ofcourse degrading to the level dat the viewers do is uncalled for polly...but once hritik said in an iv ...if m here in dis business i need to accept both the sides of it...becoz i zccepted dis business wd my own will...i need to take all the pros nd cons dat comes along wd it...

for instance u watch nd iV of srk...nd read the comments...people wil go nd watch hi ivs...dey will hav d maxm no of views nd maxm no of slangs dedicated to him at the same time....so dat is hw life at showbiz is...u wnt be remembered for all the ryt u did but will be bashed left nd ryt for every ingle wrng deed even if u are performing

asmi
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-07-20, 12:39

I too agree with asmi I think people call names cause of characters

So much negativity. look at tanu always spreading negativity form killing, to burning to blood and knife

Razia- torturing poor soul beyond belief

So if ur character are being alled names, gul it just because theya re success and because of such negativity

I think calling names to character ok but not actors

But yehr some people use to do like I have read interview of Malayalam tv actors who play vamps said that when they go out the elder and other fans comes to them and flay them angryly

So it happen, part of parcel of the show 

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by asmi on 2013-07-20, 12:52

also dere was abhas mehta who was called wat nt by nt just his fans but once the guy said dat wen his mom saw his scene where he is trying to kill shashi..she almost slapped him....he took it all in a sporty spirit...

wen the show is coming up ws so much negativity ...dey should be ready for the raections frm the audience

asmi
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by chitmanas on 2013-07-22, 20:12

this is my reply to the post

/****************************************************
you say no use of foul language or insult of your 'fictional' characters, okay, fair enough, agreed, but let's look at the other side of this coin

are you respecting the intelligence of your viewers when you show a very well educated smart woman like Zoya going through life as though nothing is wrong when Tan is repeatedly trying to kill her? what message are you conveying to youngsters who look up to characters like zoya, that it's okay to sit quietly like your brains suddenly disappeared or dropped off and this is an everyday occurance, so, just be polite and let the other person do their job and try to kill you as many times as possible?  Bang 

are you showing us how to respect humans our fellow beings when you show an old woman repeatedly being tortured by razia and nobody in the family knows of her whereabouts and people take their own sweet time figuring out where she is, what kind of logic is this and we are expected to sit through such scenes and swallow the most illogical logic? Bang   also, i see absolutely no concern from your side about the imporper material being watched by kids at prime time, i want to know why you aren't even thinking about such things

ahh, so it's okay for you to show a one eyed tanvi, the sometimes foul language of tanvi which makes our skin crawl, a razia who insults badi bi calling her names and calling tanvi names and insulting her in public, but when your characters are insulted, lo and behold, you are up in arms? confused oops,i forget, the degree of insult and what's considered as acceptable terminology differs, doesn't it? zipped 

BTW, one simple question, do the actors carry their characters around with them? because, i thought, once the acting is done the actor/actress switches back to their normal life, AG is no longer tanvi and KSG is no longer asad....... so, they just play the character, they aren't going to become the character themselves, so where's the question of taking personal insult? confused 

you say "tell us what you want," well,  i've read many a comment giving you excellent suggestions on what they want in the show..... so, what happened to all that nice stuff? it's probably sitting in the DELETED emails list..... now, you ask us to do the same thing again and what are we supposed to do? run around like minions and give you some more ideas? no thanks, you make us go round and round in circles, give us some lollipops, keep us occupied and then completely forget what was said and done and the saga continues again and again, which part of 'EVIL IS GETTING TOO MUCH, WE NEED BALANCE' didn't the creatives understand? how can we make it more clear to them? also, haven't people heard that 'there's more than one way to skin a fish' , there are umpteen ways of showing evil, but this evil is only a put off and stomach churning, not something that'll make us sit up and take notice and appreciate the acting skills, it only makes us switch off the tv :cry: 

oh, so now you are telling us the actors and other staff read our comments?  KSG, who's really extremely busy has the time to sift through 100's of comments and then his eyes zoom in on the foul words used in the forum and he commented on that? wow, i've really got to see that Wink 

finally, all i see is, while you can use words like 'dekhna hai to dekho' all nicely wrapped up in polite words...... it was just a way of punching us :||^v: while covering it with a colorful shawl and asking us to 'get lost', but, we can't even use one single word against any character in the show, can we?  thank you,  it's absolutely clear where the viewers stand in your eyes...... FYI, an insult is an insult whether it's cloaked in nice, oh so polite words or otherwise

note: you can run my comments through your personal dictionary, as far as i know, i haven't used any foul or insulting language here :-)

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by asmi on 2013-07-22, 21:16

@chit i so very much agree wd u.....

asmi
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by chitmanas on 2013-07-23, 23:07

asmi wrote:@chit i so very much agree wd u.....

asmi, thank you, we don't mind if they tell us not to insult the actors or make personal remarks about them, but their own behavior hasn't been exemplary either and when they try to make it sound like viewers are some undisciplined school children who need to be reprimanded, it really bugs me big time

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:21

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum