Latest topics

Qubool Hai TV soap Asked to Apologize !!....27Jul13 :TOI

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Qubool Hai TV soap Asked to Apologize !!....27Jul13 :TOI

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-07-27, 02:01

Qubool Hai''s telecast on Zee TV will now run with an apology scroll for five days starting July 29, while the channel Big CBS has been asked to run it every two hours for seven days, by theBroadcasting Content Complaints Council(BCCC). 

A complaint against Qubool Hai stated that its February 28 episode "showed an elderly woman being tortured", and there were other complaints on violence against women in the soap, including a scene where the vamp mixes acid in the mehendi meant for the heroine. BCCC has stated that "the show depicts and suggests ways of torturing women, which offends good taste and decency." 

In the second case, the I&B Ministry filed a complaint against an episode of the show The Dead Zone, which aired on December 1 on Big CBS Prime, saying it showed two people getting intimate, which was "vulgar" and aired at a time when children watch TV. The channel replied stating that it is a "niche' channel" and is "watched by a select audience". But in a BCCC hearing, channel reps admitted an "error occurred".

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: Qubool Hai TV soap Asked to Apologize !!....27Jul13 :TOI

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-27, 15:09

I always thought BCCC was a dormant body. Since up until now,I have seen so much nonsense on various shows, and they seemed to allow anything and everything. So surprised committee members have got up from their Kumbakarnan levels of sleep!

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-07-27, 15:16

a good initiation I must say

waise bhi I m fed up of negative way of storytelling

and if u talk about QH it surpasses every other show in showing very-much-high-voltage-negative-sorts-of-twisted-dramas that  its  soft  and positive parts also r  sidelined sometimes

its good that QH is successful in waking up the kumbhkaran BCCC:lol!: 

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-07-27, 15:17

Some big boss in BCCC watches QH and got freaked out by the violence in it. I wonder what will be written in the scroll... I can't read Hindi, so I won't even know.   :(

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-07-27, 16:13

I am happy about this, sad to say but once again Muslims are depicted as being very capable of extremely horrific and  violent torturing. I am glad that there would be some limit to such extremities and switch to realistic and more humane storylines.

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-27, 16:53

@aasudi yes,absolutely agree,that in the process of getting eyeballs,the envelope has been pushed far too many times on this show. There have been days I came away swearing I wouldn't return the next day,nauseated by the depravity depicted!

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-27, 16:56

@Shesherkobita Shukar hai,this big wig of BCCC woke up finally. He could have put an end to this nonsense in February itself. Especially since this is not a show slotted for the horror story hour. Yes,curious to know what will be said.Hope someone gets a screen shot of it.

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-27, 16:59

@perfumeheaven Yea,given that this show's one aim was educating people about Muslim culture,depicting such completely over the top evil was truly uncalled for. And doesn't do any community any favours either. It's as though the writers can write only evil,Bas. Already rumours are out that Tanveer is coming back. Just because TRPs fell from 3.4 to 3.2 ??

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-07-27, 17:18

Vsc94 wrote:@aasudi yes,absolutely agree,that in the process of getting eyeballs,the envelope has been pushed far too many times on this show. There have been days I came away swearing I wouldn't return the next day,nauseated by the depravity depicted!

truly dear

indian shows too much think about business that they forget the sensitivity of the matters to be shown

I dnt say that the torturous things cant b shown at all
it should b shown cuz it is there in the real society

but just see at the shows behavior towards the redemption track
no show has been able to show powerful redemption of the vamps

they just turn the evil into a better person with illogical grounds or just leave the vamp bypass through the story

the money-driven-business-thing in indian tv scenario is not letting indian shows stand out for international-non-indian viewers; and just r limited to the household trp aunties:) 

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-07-27, 17:33

Vsc94 wrote:@perfumeheaven Yea,given that this show's one aim was educating people about Muslim culture,depicting such completely over the top evil was truly uncalled for. And doesn't do any community any favours either. It's as though the writers can write only evil,Bas. Already rumours are out that Tanveer is coming back. Just because TRPs fell from 3.4 to 3.2 ??

Naam kya hai? Welcome...I doubt the TRP has anything to do with Tanveer's reappearance. The character is very vengeful and not easily put off so she  has another Aim and that is to destroy Razia's  and Asad's families. So we have not seen the last of Tanveer...it is just like when Shyaam (IPKKND)  was thrown out the first time, he did come reappear later on after ASR and Khushi's Romance started to blossom.

As for educating people of the Muslim culture, there is so much lacking in the dialogues, in the their actions and even rituals.It is as if they remember there is a God at certain episodes and forget in another. It certainly tells me that that more research is needed for there is knowledge  that is surely  lacking.

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-27, 18:32

A welcome and Timely intervention , The  cruelty  was exceeding tolerable limits ..  Although   BCC move is welcome regards  Qubool hai..  I do deplore their arbitrary censorship  on certain English shows..  I hope they  achieve a balance ontheir regulation

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-27, 19:15

Some timely intervention!!! Hope this helps across and  strike a balance betwen both the sides :) :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-27, 23:16

@aasudi I agree. Real life isn't hunky dory,but neither is showing an overdose. And yes,vamps either get struck by some eureka moment & turn good without logical explanation or have them defeated by even bigger evil.

Don't know when Indian writers will be able to write stuff that is anyway near the English ones,in calibre.

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-27, 23:20

Naam hai Vixxy. I think when Tanu darling returns,I will revert to written updates. Strong allergic reaction to her raised eyebrow n hair flick! Have to hand it to the Lions....kya villains doondheke laathe hain!

I agree on the selective memory of God & No God.

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-27, 23:22

@Tanthya Indeed it's been timely intervention.....EXCEPT....

The old woman tortured then, is still being tortured now...bookhi,pyaasi,joothe kaathi hui,roll away plank pe!!!

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-07-28, 00:38

Vsc94 wrote:@Tanthya Indeed it's been timely intervention.....EXCEPT....

The old woman tortured then, is still being tortured now...bookhi,pyaasi,joothe kaathi hui,roll away plank pe!!!

Vsc..

I swore off QH long back when the  first assault on Dadi started .. did not like the way violence was shown ..and I haven't got anything tempting back again.. the onyl reason I still read up is coz of Vikrant/Ayan .. I like his acting and  am waiting  for him to assume a bigger role..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-29, 03:10

Wats the point of the apology scroll if the violence will continue in the show?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-07-29, 17:16

@sarra0 repeated complaints on the same show may lead to concerned shows being pulled off air temporarily or permanently. I am told BCCC has the power to do that. The fact that 4 lions condescended to do it,says a lot.

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-29, 18:03

Vsc94 wrote:@sarra0 repeated complaints on the same show may lead to concerned shows being pulled off air temporarily or permanently. I am told BCCC has the power to do that. The fact that 4 lions condescended to do it,says a lot.

Thanks for that information, let's hope people keep complaining where appropriate and 4lions r forced to take positive action...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum