Latest topics

Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-07-31, 10:43

Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

 


We at Forum 32 were discussing TV shows one evening. And in the general discussions came the thought of songs that are used in TV shows, especially the ones in 4 Lions Films shows. The Bollywood songs are integral part of TV shows. From the latest hits to rekindling old hits. We have seen many.



The discussions had veered to what was memorable about these songs and now when we hear the songs on radio or our playlist, do we visualize the original song or do the images from the TV series we have watched comes to mind was the question.
We found interesting findings. The songs are redefined. It could be because the way they were shot or the way the characters were ingrained in our minds, but the song now had new meaning for most of us. Here is what we felt.
In Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi, we found three songs that redefined the way we heard the song from then onwards. The first one to perhaps have the most effect was “Kurban Hua”, from the film, (Yes it took a minute to remember the name of the movie), Kurbaan, now brings only images of Dhrashti Dhami and Gurmeet Choudhary. The white sari clad Geet Handa, the black suited Maan Singh Khurana flashes in our minds. The moves created by Kenhil Sanghvi and the follow light that created an atmosphere that fulfilled every romantic soul’s dreams. The second we felt was “Peen Loon” from Once Upon A Time in Mumbai and the third was “Behen De” from Raavan.


In Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, the song “Teri Meri Prem Kahani” from Bodyguard, brings us Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) and Khushi Kumari Gupta (Sanaya Irani) to mind rather than Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor. The green sari and the dark suit with characteristic lift stayed in many minds.


In Humse Hai Life, there was Raaghav Oberoi  played by Himansh Kohli is trying to placate (“Mañana”) Sia Dillon (Abigail Jain) with the song, “Mein Koi Aisa Geet Gaaon” which personified the sweetness of teen years defying even the image of King Khan, Shahrukh Khan wooing Juhi Chawla in Yes Boss.

Mein Koi Aisa Geet Gaaon – Humse Hai Life – Himansh Kohli and Abigail Jain
Then there is Arjun – Har Yug Mein Aayega Ek, which completely gave a new visual for the song, “Mujhko Yeh Zindagi” from Sailaab starring Adiya Pancholi and Madhuri Dixit. Shaleen Malhotra walking on the beach, with helicopter in the background and Riya (Sana Khan) watching him is the definition that the song has created for us.

Shaleen Malhotra in Arjun Har Yug Mein Aayega Ek
We felt “Aati Kya Khandala” from Ghulam picturised on Rani Mukherjee and Aamir Khan, moreover, its their voice, was redefined in Suvreen Guggal – Topper of the Year with Smiriti Kalra and Shivin Narang singing in the rain.

Shivin Narang and Smiriti Kalra in Suvreen Guggal – Topper of the Year
The latest is “Tadap Tadap” from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, another Salman Khan song redefined. Karan Singh Grover (Asad Ahmed Khan) and Surbhi Jyoti (Zoya Farooqui) showed the pain that was originally depicted by Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai with such magnification that the song has now become synonymous with Qubool Hai and its characters than just being the original artists.

Karan Singh Grover and Surbhi Jyoti in Qubool Hai
We concluded that the creators of the TV series, the Director, the writer, the DoP, took the songs to a new level and created something that they could call their own. A stamp of belonging to the mood, the emotion that they wanted to project in the series. It was a marriage of the existing with something completely new, perhaps even improved that resulted in the song being remembered not for the original visuals but also for the series they were used in.
Do you feel like this? Do you discuss things like this? Lets Talk. And of course, there are other songs, other shows that have redefined and we would love to hear about those too.
Keep watching your favorite shows on Television and relive, recreate moments that have been eternalised either on the big screen or the small screen (which no longer confined to being small.)

Credit--Forum32

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-31, 11:19

I dont know about the rest of the songs, But Whenever I hear teri meri, I smile thinking of some one wearing green being twisted, turned, dropped, lifted up and swung in the air by a dashing someone in his black suit...

Teri meri belongs to Arnav and Khushi!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by sarra0 on 2013-07-31, 11:44

So Teri meri reminds them of Arnav and Khushi that much they used it twice on Asad and Zoya, that's loyalty for u, and they forgot jadoo hai Nasha hai at the least..

oops I had already forgotten tadap tadap from qubool hain, that one was forgotten soon as it aired... i remember the ones from Geet now they have mentioned them...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-07-31, 11:45

Abavi wrote:I dont know about the rest of the songs, But Whenever I hear teri meri, I smile thinking of some one wearing green being twisted, turned, dropped, lifted up and swung in the air by a dashing someone in his black suit...

Teri meri belongs to Arnav and Khushi!

 ya I agree

through teri meri arnav-khushi surpasses every bolly couple too even the original couple of the song salman-kareena


for me I dnt knw that much abt other 4 lions show but sometimes I catch up with QH but m sorry to tell that as a couple I cnt connect to surbhi-karan's chemistry that much so have not yet found some romantic song sequences in the show

however I watched dhaage tod laao sequence but for me its general like every other show


talking abt ipk
I found the 'aakhein band karloo' by euphoria, 'aaoge jab tum oh sajana' from jab we met, 'saiyaan' by kailash kher, 'jadu hai nasha hai' from jism, 'namak ishq ka' from omkara, and so others; every song left a mark for me

every time I hear these songs on my ipad I remember arshi doing it


thus I think ipk is masterpiece of 4 lions in any deptt
and surely in this deptt too it surpasses every show:*cpd*: 


by the way nice post:*Thmbu*:

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-07-31, 11:52

sarra0 wrote:So Teri meri reminds them of Arnav and Khushi that much they used it twice on Asad and Zoya, that's loyalty for u, and they forgot jadoo hai Nasha hai at the least..

oops I had already forgotten tadap tadap from qubool hain, that one was forgotten soon as it aired... i remember the ones from Geet now they have mentioned them...

 I think the first sequence for 'teri meri' in QH is not worth the script of that time

yes for second sequence it seems fine

n its not only their loyalty sarra ,  gul's salman khan craze adds up too

but seriously both the 'teri meri'
 of QH is not able to surpass both the 'teri meri' of ipk:)

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-31, 12:53

Hey girls, very true... May it is their way of promoting the song sequences of Qh by talking about it on the same lines of IPK...

But IPK is still flying high... Every dance, song sequence is special in IPK- Even the jealous dance with title song fascinates me with only remembering it...

Barun might not be good in dancing but he surely surpasses the beyond expectations category when it comes to couples dances... and Sanaya's dance talents adds on to it...

OH GOD why is IPK purfect in everyway? I am bitten everyday by its charms..

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-07-31, 13:09

Abavi wrote:Hey girls, very true... May it is their way of promoting the song sequences of Qh by talking about it on the same lines of IPK...

But IPK is still flying high... Every dance, song sequence is special in IPK- Even the jealous dance with title song fascinates me with only remembering it...

Barun might not be good in dancing but he surely surpasses the beyond expectations category when it comes to couples dances... and Sanaya's dance talents adds on to it...

OH GOD why is IPK purfect in everyway? I am bitten everyday by its charms..

 abavi I dnt think Ipk was perfect
it was imperfectly perfect

and it was imperfect for the makers lost interest later on that's it

abt barun u r right , his inability of dancing doesn't shows off in the show expect for 'mujhse shadi karogi?' dance

for couple dancing he was excellent in teri meri and title track dance becuz he was an intense actor, the intensity is missing a bit in QH so the chemistry betn the leads is weak in QH despite being a well written lovestory of asad-zoya:flower:

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by Abavi on 2013-07-31, 13:41

aasudi wrote:
Abavi wrote:Hey girls, very true... May it is their way of promoting the song sequences of Qh by talking about it on the same lines of IPK...

But IPK is still flying high... Every dance, song sequence is special in IPK- Even the jealous dance with title song fascinates me with only remembering it...

Barun might not be good in dancing but he surely surpasses the beyond expectations category when it comes to couples dances... and Sanaya's dance talents adds on to it...

OH GOD why is IPK purfect in everyway? I am bitten everyday by its charms..

 abavi I dnt think Ipk was perfect
it was imperfectly perfect

and it was imperfect for the makers lost interest later on that's it

abt barun u r right , his inability of dancing doesn't shows off in the show expect for 'mujhse shadi karogi?' dance

for couple dancing he was excellent in teri meri and title track dance becuz he was an intense actor, the intensity is missing a bit in QH so the chemistry betn the leads is weak in QH despite being a well written lovestory of asad-zoya:flower:

Aasudi, I agree it was imperfectly perfect... When you love some one you dont see the imperfectness in them... The same applies here too.. I cant comment on QH- I dont follow that show :)

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by riti4u on 2013-07-31, 13:43

:) Hey everyone...interesting topic...

I still imagine teri meri with only Arnav and khushi....
but sorry to say...Tadap Tadap only belong to original..Salman the way it was used in QH..Rolling Eyes..i really remembered Sallu bhai more...

:)  Take Care

riti4u
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 115
Join date : 2013-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs Redefined in 4 Lions Films TV Shows – A Thought!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:38


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum