Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 32: Duty and Domination (July 31, 2013)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-08-01, 14:53

Dear Friends and fellow members of Dhwani,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of you who was kind enough to welcome me to your forum, and also to comment with such warmth on my maiden post here: Jodha Akbar 31: The Emperor Strikes Back. I was so happy to read all your notes, which made me feel quite at home already!

I do not analyse every episode, only those offering enough material, so I had skipped yesterday's, but then I  thought of sharing this brief take on it with you all. As you would agree, there were only 2 significant bits - one, the Jalal-Mahaam Anga clash, for that is what it was, and the other the scene between Jodha and her father, which also explains how she is in the dark as to the identity of her bridegroom till the muhdikhayi ceremony.

I still think that it was very silly of her parents to have let that happen. How could they have been sure  that Jodha would not react very adversely, and make them lose face vis a vis the Mughals? Which is what seems likely to happen.

Coming to last night's Episode 32, I have named it Duty and Domination because those were the 2 key elements in  it.

Jalal seeks to dominate everyone around him , be it his Badiammi, or his prospective begum Jodha,
and to make it clear to them that his will has to prevail under any and all circumstances. Jodha is above all dutiful, to Amer and to her father, again under any and all circumstances.

Jalal obviously has no problem with domination! I  loved the level, freezing cold look he gave Mahaam Anga for her impertinent suggestion, and the way he held it till  well after she had lowered  her eyes. If one has such an air of command, one does not need to raise one's voice at all.

Plus the categoric putdown when he says "Namkeen cheez mein jo mazaa aata hai woh meethe me kahan... alag cheezon ko apnane ka mazaa alag hota hai ..":  it was crushing. He knows how to show anyone,be it Bharmal or his Badiammi, who is the boss in Agra, does Jalal! He is clearly to the manor born.

A young friend in the IF had asked me about the 'Shahenshah ka intezar' that Jalal mentions, and whether that meant that he would neglect her as compared to his other begums.

While this is very likely to begin with, to my mind, the point in that it  will not bother Jodha  at all if Jalal  is a no show for days. She would be happy to have to see as little of him as can be managed, so his prolonged absence would be a relief. Plus she will have her personl maids from Amer,headed by the bargain expert Motibai, so she will be able to keep herself amused.

Moreover,we have not yet seen all the conditions Jodha  will propose and which Jalal  will accept, which I think will be mostly about her retaining her religion and practicing it in her palace. She can hardly tell him that he  cannot come anywhere near her, but she will  be as cold and standoffish as she can, and  he will want to show her where she gets off by a  solid dose of neglect.

So both will be at peace  for a while, until the clashes start over something or the other - maybe, like Noorjehan with Salim at the Meena Bazaar in later years, Jodha will set free the parinday that her shauhar prefers to keep caged!

To revert to Episode  32, I also, for the first time, loved  Jodha, who has not been a favourite of mine so far,  in the last segment with her father. She had such a clear-eyed dutifulness and nobility about her, and she looked the best she has done so far.

Once again, thanks ever so much for inviting me here; I am truly flattered, and I am sure I will enjoy myself thoroughly with all of you!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 32: Duty and Domination (July 31, 2013)

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-01, 15:02

Though I read this on the previous thread...but still couldnt help myself for a second read......it such a pleasure. 

Thumbsup 

I am already jumping at the idea of freeing the parinday which her shauhar has got caged....what a clash it will be bounce

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-08-01, 16:35

Thank you so much, dear Pallavi. After responding to you, I decided to amplify that  a bit and put it up as a standalone post, whence this one.I am too, jumping in anticipation at the idea of the Jalal coming back from the Diwan-e-Khas and finding the cage empty!How does one mark comments with  a Like here? Thanks in advance for educating me on this!Shyamalapollyanna wrote:Though I read this on the previous thread...but still couldnt help myself for a second read......it such a pleasure. 

Thumbsup 

I am already jumping at the idea of freeing the parinday which her shauhar has got caged....what a clash it will be bounce

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-01, 16:52

sashashyam wrote:
Thank you so much, dear Pallavi. After responding to you, I decided to amplify that  a bit and put it up as a standalone post, whence this one.I am too, jumping in anticipation at the idea of the Jalal coming back from the Diwan-e-Khas and finding the cage empty!How does one mark comments with  a Like here? Thanks in advance for educating me on this!Shyamala wrote:Though I read this on the previous thread...but still couldnt help myself for a second read......it such a pleasure. 

Thumbsup 

In the post/comment....to ur left hand side bottom corner, there is a tab for like.

Also I want to see Jalal furious/angryat Jodha...but a slight softness when others throw acid on her....like MA did yesterday.......OMG!!! I am turning JA saga into a Mills and Boon story :P .....Alas!!! old habits die hard Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Jodha Akbar 32: Domination and Duty

Post by sashashyam on 2013-08-01, 16:54

Thanks a lotShyamalapollyanna wrote:
sashashyam wrote:
Thank you so much, dear Pallavi. After responding to you, I decided to amplify that  a bit and put it up as a standalone post, whence this one.I am too, jumping in anticipation at the idea of the Jalal coming back from the Diwan-e-Khas and finding the cage empty!How does one mark comments with  a Like here? Thanks in advance for educating me on this!Shyamala wrote:Though I read this on the previous thread...but still couldnt help myself for a second read......it such a pleasure. 

Thumbsup 

In the post/comment....to ur left hand side bottom corner, there is a tab for like.

Also I want to see Jalal furious/angryat Jodha...but a slight softness when others throw acid on her....like MA did yesterday.......OMG!!! I am turning JA saga into a Mills and Boon story :P .....Alas!!! old habits die hard Wink

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-01, 17:03

Again a wonderful read , Shyamala ..

I am beginning to like  Jodha Akbar nowadays as the cast seem to be settling down  and slowly getting into the skin of the character .. The episodes are getting better and better ..

Be it the opening scene , where the So called devout Maham Anga is disturbed by the sound of  utensils, A devout woman with shallowness and  superficial devotion.

The second one obviously  would be the bird scene ..A Man who is afraid of love and relationships, A man who had spent his life fleeing  wants to keep everything  near and dear to him bound and caged , scared that if left free they might never  return , afraid of the loss  for the young man has lost enough already  on the other hand we have a well settled Princess brought  up surrounded by love, acceptance and freedom who knows that when love is there , there is no need for one to be shackled  ..

The 3rd scene was the tongue cutting scene...  The words of destiny flew from that tongue, The tongue spoke about  Jodha leaving  for Jalal's abode .. it foretold the union of Jodha and Jalal.. and when Sukanya tries to eliminate that very tongue, Jodha stops her .. The prophetic words stays to run its course , it cannot be  upturned nor terminated ... Destiny proceeds ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-01, 17:07

pollyanna wrote:
sashashyam wrote:

Thumbsup 

It is sort of M & B with interesting nuggets of  history thrown in ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-01, 17:59

Nice to read u.. 
I would love to see Jodha freeing the bird from its cage along with freeing Jalal from his past too

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-01, 18:25

I havnt seen yesterday's episode yet :cry: but after reading your post i want to watch it and watch it now... i am looking forward to the battle, the stand off between the two.. like the bird she will eventually free Jalal from his own cage...so far jodha has been lacking..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-08-01, 18:32

Good post shyamala aunthy once again... Loved reading it...

Motibai is going 2 Mughal as well oh no No No 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-04, 17:22

Loved reading your post Shyamala ..... I had to watch the serial again to see it thru your eyes .... Thanks for sharing your analysis with us .....

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:01

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum