Latest topics

ILKDM # 10 : Nimanthran !

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM # 10 : Nimanthran !

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 14:05

It has been a while since  I penned my thoughts, I decided to finally kick of my lazy bug  and inflict you with my views.

The week saw the steady consolidation of Mughal dynasty and the emergence of Jalal from the shadows, Shadow of Maham Anga  as well as the shadows of Bairam Khan and the sadiri sahab .. Here is the man free from pursuing their agenda's, a man who sets his own check list , who does not hesitate to pull up the errant officers , be it his best friend cum Brother in law or the woman who is above everyone Maham Anga , Jalal has thrown off the protective hide & is earmarking his territory with ruthlessness allied to native cunningness, The paws of the cub has grown into the deadly paws of ferocious Lion , moving stealthily for the Kill.He grows from strength to strength .. His knowledge of the Rajput Psyche and his innate charismatic , oratory skills turning his adversaries into allies ..but at the same time  his  redrawing of boundaries are alienating  his inner circle, that circle which had taken him for granted  paving the way for potential conflict in future !

We had our first glimpse of the famous warrior, able administrator and a thorn on Jala's Side,  Kunwar Pratap !! The pride of Rajaputana and later the whole of native Kings who held him  as their Ideal Idol .  The introduction of such a man started in a rather unsavoury note  but was it ?? I was flummoxed when the famed Rana known for his gallantry and chivalry was so contemptuous towards Bharmal  for it is not in  Hindu culture to demean a elder person and a host, even an enemy is treated with courtesy if old , This hostile and rude behavior of Pratap was in dissonance  with his personality, I was puzzled  for a bit until I understood that Rana Pratap was perfectly within his rights to be disrespectful.

what we know about Rajaputs leads us to believe that they were fiery men, men of honor and immeasurable pride, warrior's who would rather die than  surrender . The women were not far behind ,  preferring  the arms of the fire than that of a Mughal King, they embraced death willingly, with dignity, with pride ..They are the believers of Veergati,  war is their direct ticket to Heaven and any opportunity that gives them to attain this salvation is treated with due respect , which doubles up when it is the infidels or the foreigner's . Where the Rajputs glorify death in battle , they frown and look down upon anyone choosing the path of surrender of peace .. for this constitutes betrayal , Betrayal to the punya Bhoomi , their land, their mother.. They are considered as Traitors to the cause , Traitors cannot be respected , Can they ?? In the eyes of Rajputs, Bharmal betrayed the ethos of their culture by supping with  Mughal, By Accepting the alliance of Jalal, Bharmal has turned turncoat and such a niggardly coward cannot be respected ..This was the reason behind  Pratap's harsh attitude .. for note what he say  ..when asked by Bharmal as to why Pratap did not join the forces of Amer to fight, Pratap clearly says ..he did not receive a  'INVITE' .. INVITE !!!  When does one normally invite?? when there is something auspicious going on, when there is something honorable going on, People will need invite for they cannot barge into a party uninvited  .. It says much about the Psyche of  Rajputs that they considered any fights with Mughal's, as an occasion to rejoice and would not interfere , trying to steal the thunder of the fighting nobles unless they too are invited to partake the share in the glory, Glory of Fighting the foreigner's !!

So why does Pratap , comes to Amer 'UNINVITED ' during the eve of marriage , delivering a stinging homily to the beaten Bharmal , Lets once again dig into Hindu Culture , when do we visit even the house of our mortal enemies, what's the occasion when we do not wait for a invite or stand on ceremonies...It is during death !! When people die , even enemies visit them , to pay their last respects.. Similar is the case of Amer.. To all intent's and purpose,  Amer is dieing, is leaving the fold of Rajputana clan and embracing the other side , Amer has  chosen a cowards way out instead of fighting valiantly , Such a coward does not deserve respect  and the Kingdom which is self annihilating will get its last respects and a last minute counsel to ward off its death ...

P:S:

I don't know..How true is this, I heard from a Rajasthani friend of mine that ..To this day the people of Amer (Jaipur n surrounding areas)  are looked down by the people of  other provinces of Rajasthan.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 10 : Nimanthran !

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 14:16

Tants,

Loved reading u.. The explanation of invite and uninvited was nice.. Thumbsup 

Who is Sadiri Sahib?? Embarassed How was Jalal under his influence??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 14:20

Maria J wrote:Tants,

He is like the Pope of Islam .. You find him standing by the side of Jalal.. long head gear and black, long beard ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 14:22

Tanthya wrote:

He is like the Pope of Islam .. You find him standing by the side of Jalal.. long head gear and black, long beard ...

But how did he influence Jalal?? Because he is marrying a non-Muslim without his approval??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 14:24

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

But how did he influence Jalal?? Because he is marrying a non-Muslim without his approval??

he has not influenced Jalal ye but he might be the catalyst for other pro - Islam ppl to rally around ... MA, Sharifuddin, Adham Khan

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 14:26

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

he has not influenced Jalal ye but he might be the catalyst for other pro - Islam ppl to rally around ... MA, Sharifuddin, Adham Khan

against Jalal openly??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 14:34

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

until they gather more forces..it will be covert.. only when they feel strong will they feel strong enuff to challenge him openly

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 14:42

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

until they gather more forces..it will be covert.. only when they feel strong will they feel strong enuff to challenge him openly

ok.. Does Jodha know that she is marrying Akbar??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-08-05, 14:47

Tanths!
have just started watching... I was abysmal in history while at school, what I know, I have culled afterwards...
something in our school curriculum just put me off learning by rote...
now I wish I had paid more attention... though I know the bare essentials... I still don't know many details...
It is a pleasure therefore to read such a post...

History has a weakness... always written from the POV of the victor... one side is good while the other is bad...
but common sense dictates that it is not always so... both sides have a story to tell... who is right... and who is wrong?

That is for a third party to recognize... the ones involved are too focused to see the big picture...

Barmal wanted to save blood... for he believed life is precious...

Pratap wanted to shed blood because pride was paramount...

Jalal wanted to conquer; by blood, love or deals; he cared not... for Glory was his Goal!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 14:47

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

Shocked Shocked Shocked ....what are u watching ???Bang Bang

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 14:54

sonshine487 wrote:Tanths!
have just started watching... I was abysmal in history while at school, what I know, I have culled afterwards...
now I wish I had paid more attention... though I know the bare essentials... I still don't know many details...

History has a weakness... always written from the POV of the victor... one side is good while the other is bad...
but common sense dictates that it is not always so... both sides have a story to tell... who is right... and who is wrong?

That is for a third party to recognize... the ones involved are too focused to see the big picture...

Jalal wanted to conquer; by blood, love or deals; he cared not... for Glory was his Goal!

aptly said..

If u look this way Barmal seems to be right

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 14:55

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

I'm not watching only reading and that too only posts not WU so not updated with the story Embarassed

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 15:06

Appuse,

when we look at history from current perspective, Bharmal comes across as a sagacious statesman , a wily and consummate  politician who was ready to dine with the  devil to retain his throne .. I do not go with the saving life assumption, for his offer of alliance comes only after he loses  plenty of his soldiers in war *in this show*  and only when he is left with no other alternative other than surrendering and relinquishing his post.

When we look at Bharmal from those times, he was a warrior , belonging to a small sect , tightly knit clan who embodied fiery spirit and a unquenchable thirst for liberation from Foreign , then he betrays them  by going over to the enemy.. Had he fought to the last tooth and nail, he would have  ensured some casualties to the  Mughal's. slowing their   expansion and giving time for Rajputs to put up a fight ..

Pratap wanted freedom , he to his dying day never considered Akbar as the Monarch .. was content to live as a pauper in the hills of surrounding Rajasthan rather than  be the King under the sovereignty of Akbar.. Hence his people looked up to him for his defiant spirit  that remained Unbroken , unbending and un yielding..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 15:10

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

I'm not watching only reading and that too only posts not WU so not updated with the story Embarassed

*Glares* eggs -Squeezes !!! Jodha does not Know , yet...she is thinking it is some Rajput warrior who will  kill Jalal and bring glory !!:)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-08-05, 15:15

Tanthya wrote:

Appuse,

when we look at history from current perspective, Bharmal comes across as a sagacious statesman , a wily and consummate  politician who was ready to dine with the  devil to retain his throne .. I do not go with the saving life assumption, for his offer of alliance comes only after he loses  plenty of his soldiers in war *in this show*  and only when he is left with no other alternative other than surrendering and relinquishing his post.

When we look at Bharmal from those times, he was a warrior , belonging to a small sect , tightly knit clan who embodied fiery spirit and a unquenchable thirst for liberation from Foreign , then he betrays them  by going over to the enemy.. Had he fought to the last tooth and nail, he would have  ensured some casualties to the  Mughal's. slowing their   expansion and giving time for Rajputs to put up a fight ..

Pratap wanted freedom , he to his dying day never considered Akbar as the Monarch .. was content to live as a pauper in the hills of surrounding Rajasthan rather than  be the King under the sovereignty of Akbar.. Hence his people looked up to him for his defiant spirit  that remained Unbroken , unbending and un yielding..

@red
would that be wrong
he hot-headedly went 2 war... thinking he could win
got a taste of Jalal's might
he retreated... of course he was thinking of himself
but still... inadvertently he did ensure his people's safety

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 15:25

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

*Glares* eggs -Squeezes !!! Jodha does not Know , yet...she is thinking it is some Rajput warrior who will  kill Jalal and bring glory !!:)

oh ok so in this there won't be conditions by her like the movie..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 15:25

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Appuse,

@red
would that be wrong

He did not go to war , He defended hmself from Jalal's battalion .. cuz Jalal's battalion had  allied itself with Sujamal, the rightful heir of Amer and one who ought to have been crowned as the crown prince instead of  Bhagwan Das ..

That is the interesting question..was he thinking of his subjects or his throne .. Was he thinking of ensuring peace or  return of  the heads of his Son's with Body attached and blood running  .. b'cos..his decision was unanimously opposed by one and all of Amer royalty.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 15:29

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

There will be, Patience !!! Balike !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 15:39

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

oo ok.. But then y will Jalal head to her conditions?? Unlike in the movie here Jalal is quite against Amer na..

Last edited by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 15:42; edited 1 time in total

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-08-05, 15:41

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Appuse,

@red
would that be wrong

He did not go to war , He defended hmself from Jalal's battalion .. cuz Jalal's battalion had  allied itself with Sujamal, the rightful heir of Amer and one who ought to have been crowned as the crown prince instead of  Bhagwan Das ..

That is the interesting question..was he thinking of his subjects or his throne .. Was he thinking of ensuring peace or  return of  the heads of his Son's with Body attached and blood running  .. b'cos..his decision was unanimously opposed by one and all of Amer royalty.
then he sh'd have defended  "sagaciously"
I say he still rushed in ... again perspective varies... he should've thought of his skin earlier
to tell the truth he comes across as a bumbling fool

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 15:56

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

against Jalal openly??

oo ok.. But then y will Jalal head to her conditions?? Unlike in the movie here Jalal is quite against Amer na..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-05, 16:02

sonshine487 wrote:
I say he still rushed in ... again perspective varies... he should've thought of his skin earlier

He was a fool alright, He did not foresee what Sujamal would do nor did he prepare himself when Sujamal dashed out of the kingdom to recruit his forces..

I think, it was because, they thought with Bairam Khan gone and Jalal being a gauche new comer to the royal duties and war, they would not have any cause o fear.. a grave miscalculation on their part..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 16:05

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

He was a  fool alright, He did not foresee what Sujamal would do nor did he prepare himself  when Sujamal dashed out of the kingdom to recruit his forces..

I think, it was because, they thought with Bairam Khan gone and Jalal being a gauche new comer to the royal duties and war, they would not have any cause  o fear.. a grave miscalculation on their part..

One should never underestimate ur opponent

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-08-05, 16:11

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

He was a  fool alright, He did not foresee what Sujamal would do nor did he prepare himself  when Sujamal dashed out of the kingdom to recruit his forces..

I think, it was because, they thought with Bairam Khan gone and Jalal being a gauche new comer to the royal duties and war, they would not have any cause  o fear.. a grave miscalculation on their part..

miscalculation indeed
so he tossed Jodha over to him
what does that make him?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-05, 16:15

sonshine487 wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

miscalculation indeed
so he tossed Jodha over to him
what does that make him?

a coward.. or a desperate act of a helpless father..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum