Latest topics

Jodha Akbar-Written Update -7th August 2013

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar-Written Update -7th August 2013

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-08-08, 11:48

Tanthya wrote:Ohh My.. Vi and sabi ..

You girls are Hilarious !!

Tanthya... The fact that I can only watch it from 10:30 to 11:30 in the morning is making it more covetable ... Also it's going through the best phase in a serial... Usually after confession ôf love I lose interest in the serial... It's the thrill of the chase that is most enjoyable, na?

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-08, 11:51

Vi and Sabi.....hug1 

Thanks for making me feel that I dont need to see a shrink...i am completely into AKBAR now Wink :P  saw the repeat yesterday...and this has been going on for the past few days.....

dil-o-dimaag pe bas Jalal hi Jalal......Jodha: Gimme way, as it is ur not INTERESTED in him....fool of the first order :P good for me.....Wink 

VI: MA says guftagu---which is small talk

and as per North Indian (Rajput) tradition....mangalsutra came along with the other things in kalash....it was not tied during the pheras....till very recently....its only for the past70-80 years...that this has picked up and now due to movies/TV...everyone follows it....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-08, 11:52

Tanthya wrote:Ohh My.. Vi and sabi ..

You girls are Hilarious !!
Embarassed Embarassed 

Oh god I knew it .. I knew it... This behavior is not normal yet in JA world is'nt it? Usually Vi jumps into this madness fairly in the last lap...For a change Vi jumped the gun earlier than the rest...

Hugs Sabi, we are leading the group of pagalpans that are to follow JA!  cheers

But seriously tants, I wouldnt do it if I had time at home... Shocked  :cry:  so much work... Did I tell you I joined Hindi classes recently... two hour a day.. thats taking the toll on me!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-08, 11:54

pollyanna wrote:Vi and Sabi.....hug1 

Thanks for making me feel that I dont need to see a shrink...i am completely into AKBAR now Wink :P  saw the repeat yesterday...and this has been going on for the past few days.....

dil-o-dimaag pe bas Jalal hi Jalal......Jodha: Gimme way, as it is ur not INTERESTED in him....fool of the first order :P good for me.....Wink 

and as per North Indian (Rajput) tradition....mangalsutra came along with the other things in kalash....it was not tied during the pheras....till very recently....its only for the past70-80 years...that this has picked up and now due to movies/TV...everyone follows it....

Pallo, you want Jo to give you way? what about the rest of those biwis and concubines who dress up and stand in queue to oogle at him? how would you tackle them?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-08-08, 11:59

Abavi wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:Hi Vi...  I have no idea what they say... Îs it some mixture of urdu and Persian? 

Loved all your pointers ... I also think Akbar is quite smitten but he is cloaking it under " I am the emperor and I'll teach her a lesson for being spiteful against the Mughals... Blah blah..." Why else would he look back to see Jodhas reaction when his gaggle of noisy Salis said Jijaji is nice. 

If Ekta can keep up this tight storytelling and fast pace .. this will be really fun to watch..

It is a bonus that both Rajat ànd Pariidhi are so young and unattached ... Their awkwardness will add to the chemistry on screen Embarassed 

I think Jodha felt a tinge of sadness that he has no dad... Then he ranted on and on about being Temor Lang's descendant Rolling Eyes and wiped off the slight sympathy she felt! So much happened in 45 min... Quite a treat!

Yeah it was sabi.. Can you believe it? I brought my tab along today to office just to watch the epi.. My work is tight and in between I am watching this epi... I have lost it!

I have lost my mind already!
This show is definitely very addictive ... Ÿesterday we drove 10 hrs and as soon as I entered home I went to see JA. Today the  doctor gave my daughter prescription glasses 
and my Hubwa was feeling sad ( so young and she already needs glasses ) ...and all he got from me was " hurry up ..lets go home ...I have to watch JA... They block it within an hour of airing" ... I have lost touch with reality Vi... Tomorrow is Eid and I will miss the show cause I have to exchange pleasantries with people I have absolutely no interest în! 
Do you use earphones to watch in office?

Haa girlie are you turning DD into a serialjunkie too?

Within one hour they block is it? you cant even watch from youtube videos posted here?

yeah ofcource I do, I cannot watch it on my office systems- let alone watcing video, I cant even view pictures at office- everything is blocked, so I carried my personal device to watch it... I am plugged to my earphones!

DD only watches IPK dubbed version ... She of course thinks " fierce " Arnav is a horrible  guy. And cheers for khushi.. " go khushi.. You can do it... Khushi .. Khushi ( chants) " :P 

No I can't see anything related to JA after 11:30. It says content rejected. 

Aha...you are treading on dangerous territory ( at office) Why can't you watch it at home? scratch is it a timing issue?

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-08, 11:59

@VI:
 Jalal says....mashaallah, aapne khoob kaha...means....ur very right Badi Ammi when she talks abt his lineage...

and yes...sindoor daan is the most important ritual...so much so that ...in our custom, even today....when its put....the girl and guy are covered in a purdah so that no one can see it......of course girl's parents are also not to witness it.....

but again its modern world.....so for photo-op...the pic is taken when once the sindoor is put....and the girl's face is cleaned...coz the sindoor falls on her nose and cheek....

the basis of most of the tradition is the same...but now its changed as per convenience......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-08, 12:04

also rajputs like us who are now jaali(fake) ones coz we dont follow all the rituals/traditions....even today...purdah is very important.....

jodha was covered in purdah..and its only the groom who can lift the purdah and put sindoor...she is not to show her face to anyone except her husband/groom....

thats the reason, he puts the ghoonghat again......but yeah....here it was more for the drama thing.....coz her face was quite visible to all...even with that ghoonghat...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-08-08, 12:11

pollyanna wrote:@VI:
 Jalal says....mashaallah, aapne khoob kaha...means....ur very right Badi Ammi when she talks abt his lineage...

and yes...sindoor daan is the most important ritual...so much so that ...in our custom, even today....when its put....the girl and guy are covered in a purdah so that no one can see it......of course girl's parents are also not to witness it.....

but again its modern world.....so for photo-op...the pic is taken when once the sindoor is put....and the girl's face is cleaned...coz the sindoor falls on her nose and cheek....

the basis of most of the tradition is the same...but now its changed as per convenience......
Pals ... What would we do without you? You helped me with Urdu in QH and now this strange tongue in JA... Thanks buddy! 
I didnt learn Urdu to spite my inlaws ( they r Urdu speaking) and now I am paying for it. 
Well I had a run of couple of good years when I could tell my MIL " I have no idea what you just said " and walk off. :lol!:  

So you are smitten by JalaL., eh? He is doing a great job ( Rajat) .

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-08, 12:14

Abavi wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Vi and Sabi.....hug1 

Pallo, you want Jo to give you way? what about the rest of those biwis and concubines who dress up and stand in queue to oogle at him? how would you tackle them?

Vi....jo baat hum mein hai...woh harem ki begums mein nahin Wink :P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-08, 12:16

Shesherkobita wrote:

Pals ... What would we do without you? You helped me with Urdu in QH and now this strange tongue in JA... Thanks buddy! 
I didnt learn Urdu to spite my inlaws ( they r Urdu speaking) and now I am paying for it. 
Well I had a run of couple of good years when I could tell my MIL " I have no idea what you just said " and walk off. :lol!:  

So you are smitten by JalaL., eh? He is doing a great job ( Rajat) .

heheh Sabi...trust u to come up with something like that ...ur srsly hilarious....

Yep...am falling in love with Jalal...not rajat....he is too chikna for my taste.... :P  i like men with  little facial hair Wink  Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-08, 12:18

What does neg mean?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-08, 12:24

Thanks for the explanation Pallo...

Sindoor custom interesting... Down south the groom puts sindoor in front of the entire crowd, they even pose for pictures when they do it... and as the bride and groom stand/sit next to eachother, the girl would be to the man's right, so he has to put his hand around her and then touch her maang to colour it, in the process, bringing her head very close to his, the heads get tilted towards eachother, so we get to hear a lot of aww and ooh from the brides maids too..

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-08, 12:24

Abavi wrote:What does neg mean?

neg or nazrana....means gifts....used at different places......for Jodha from MA---it was gifts from groom's side......
also from jalal to his saalis

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-08, 12:28

Shesherkobita wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
Abavi wrote:

Yeah it was sabi.. Can you believe it? I brought my tab along today to office just to watch the epi.. My work is tight and in between I am watching this epi... I have lost it!

I have lost my mind already!
This show is definitely very addictive ... Ÿesterday we drove 10 hrs and as soon as I entered home I went to see JA. Today the  doctor gave my daughter prescription glasses 
and my Hubwa was feeling sad ( so young and she already needs glasses ) ...and all he got from me was " hurry up ..lets go home ...I have to watch JA... They block it within an hour of airing" ... I have lost touch with reality Vi... Tomorrow is Eid and I will miss the show cause I have to exchange pleasantries with people I have absolutely no interest în! 
Do you use earphones to watch in office?

Haa girlie are you turning DD into a serialjunkie too?

Within one hour they block is it? you cant even watch from youtube videos posted here?

yeah ofcource I do, I cannot watch it on my office systems- let alone watcing video, I cant even view pictures at office- everything is blocked, so I carried my personal device to watch it... I am plugged to my earphones!

DD only watches IPK dubbed version ... She of course thinks " fierce " Arnav is a horrible  guy. And cheers for khushi.. " go khushi.. You can do it... Khushi .. Khushi ( chants) " :P 

No I can't see anything related to JA after 11:30. It says content rejected. 

Aha...you are treading on dangerous territory ( at office) Why can't you watch it at home? scratch is it a timing issue?

yeah, atleast now, timing is an issue, work is hectic during this phase, suddenly my firm started to get more projects... I actually brought it to watch while I travel,(one hour up and one hour down) but the WU was so catchy I started to watch during office hours... Anyway it is lying on my lap, no big issue unless my Manager drops into my cubicle suddenly...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:58

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum