Latest topics

ILKDM #13 - Ishq hai Ahsaas !!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #13 - Ishq hai Ahsaas !!!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 01:06

The time  has come , That Moment in time when dagger is plunged into the  soul of  daughter's parent, the time when their daughter ceases to be their pride and treasure alone and becomes the Prestige  and bright lamp of another household, Jodha  commences her walk towards her  new life with a heavy heart, The tears rolling over her cheeks, unchecked .. Followed by a mother  who is sure that she has lost her daughter in the pith of politics ! On the other side  swaggers in Jalal, fresh from victory, Sparkling over his presumed triumph over the impetuous princess who dared to disregard him and hanker for his head. The Two, victor and vanquished walk side by side , not yet  comprehending that both have not lost nor have they won and things are not as simple as they seem to be, fate is decking the cards , The play that decides the victor has not begun YET ! Jodha's eternal friend and companion comes to her to lend a hand while Jalal being more prosaic seeks the shoulders of Maansingh ,Bharmal smoothly slips in Bhagwant Das as a complimentary gift. The wedding party move towards the palanquin with Jodha , taking her watan, her country with her in the form of Soil while Jalal waits patiently .. with final hugs, intermingling tears,  Jodha bids adieu to her family, her beloved country ..

# #Patience !!! For a Emperor who is fresh from winning Amer,Malwa and the best of the lot, Jodha ..Jalal shows amazing forbearance , be it  participating  in the Hindu ritual or  when Jodha takes her time to say the final good bye , There is no trace of impatience or arrogance in Jalal.. He has begun to show the hallmarks of an astute administrator who would rather win the war  through diplomacy avoiding bloodshed rather than over use of force.

I am curious as to why Jalal demanded Maan Singh for his court, Did he recognize a potential threat to his  empire in Maan Singh, One who could challenge him with all the Rajputs under his aegis , hence wanted to nip the threat n the bud by keeping him under his hawk eye and to inculcate the spirit of general rather than that of being a King in Maan Singh !  No less was Bharmal, who  ably slipped in Bhagwant Das  into the court of Jalal for both Jodha and  Maan Singh are hot heads , prone to loose tongue and impulsive actions while Bhagwant Das being the elder brother and father can rein them in, keep them in check and see that they do not meet any untoward end!!

The Caravan of  Jalal pitches its camp in the midst of wilderness , The courtiers take into their head to celebrate the wedding of Jalal and seek permission  for a party. Jalal who is thirsting to put Jodha in her place has got an opening her very much needed, He summons Maham Anga, orders her to get Jodha  to the public tent.. If Jalal believed that  he has Jodha whipped and tamed, he was in for a surprise, a unwelcome surprise, His wife of few hours was not at all cowed by him and adeptly returned the favours by making Him the laughing stock among his courtiers, Incensed by Jodha's refusal to obey his command , Jalal strides towards Jodha's  tent , followed lemming like by his courtier's who mercifully halt just outside the tent , while the freshly minted Husband , swishes the curtain aside , takes a step in .. pauses as he absorbs the atmosphere and the spectacle in front of him , The furrowed eyebrows clears, the thunderous scowl on his face lightens into a smile, the visage that heralded  a storm  now appears to sport a sunny weather.

Jalal quietly makes his way to the sleeping form of Jodha, Jodha  who was fast asleep is awakened by that instinct, a instinct that begins to blare ,"Intruder alert ! " Her hand moves stealthily towards the dagger kept under the pillow, her hands close around the handle, gripping it hard and firm as she awaits , The bed rocks gently indicating that the intruder is within arm's reach , when quick  as a lightning , leaps Jodha' ready to plunge the dagger deep into the neck of the enemy who had come to do mischief, Even faster than her moves Jalal's reflexes as he firmly stops the sharp thrust by holding of the dagger in his palm, as if to commemorate their first interaction after marriage,blood slowly trickles out, indelibly imprinting this moment in Jalal's hand.

## A segment which showed the vindictiveness of  Jalal as well as the fact that although a tyrant, he still has not got the complete control of his courtiers for they can still snigger about him , At the same time unlike his ancestors he is not the 'Sword' happy  kind of guy !!
How much ever he thinks he might hate Jodha, It is undeniable that he is proud of his possession, He admires her like a kid which has got a new toy, The anger , irritation vanishes when confronted by Jodha, Jodha in a passive form..it is another matter that both turn into duelists the moment she awakens .

The stabbing moment was perfectly understood by Jalal, who realized that Jodha was NOT attacking HIM but defending  HERSELF against outlaws and mischief makers , It is also apparent that much though she might loathe him, Jodha has  accepted him as her husband , for she had the perfect opportunity to  pull the dagger and attack him but she offers least resistance infact no resistance at all when Jalal pulls the dagger from her arms, Nor does he think that the blood thirsty princess is out for his head , like she always dreamed off  but was an act of protection and so he throws away the dagger instead of using it on her..

Jalal throws away the dagger contemptuously and gets down to business , He leans over the recumbent Jodha, who leans back, back, back until her head touches the pillow and she  can lean back no further, Jalal follows her every moves until his hots breath burns her  delicate cheeks, through gritted teeth, he or demands the reason , jibes that Jodha took such tall vows with the sacred fire as witness which now seemed to have been written on Sand, Her Silence serves to flame his wrath further , he orders her to speak up.. In the softest voice imaginable, with nary a inflection hinting at her true emotion be that of fear or anger or contempt , Jodha informs Jalal, with the dignity  borne of royalty that she is not a slave to do his bidding, She accepts him as her husband, and will follow all the tenets and vows of marriage but no marriage allows a man to  disrespect his wife and that goes for Jalal  too..Emperor status notwithstanding.Jalal who had come expecting everything from a hate filled missile attack to cowering  blubbering princess, was least prepared for the reasonableness  from the Princess as well as  her admission of her acceptance  of him as her husband, which brings on a smirk of self satisfaction , In a left handed admission , he accepts that he has erred but also can't resist putting the wind up her sails by saying that he loves and enjoys the feeling of fear he sees reflected in her limpid eyes forcing Jodha to close her eyes involuntarily as she battles to contain her inner feeling and not give him the satisfaction of  victory , The emperor climbs down from the bed , not from his high horse, rubs some soil on to the wound incurred by his transgression,  He stands in the middle of the tent, Eyes two Artic pools, voice cold like icicles , words hurting like sharp,icy needles, he tells her that he will be there to protect her from all difficulties but there will be none to save her from him.As Jodha watches , being robbed of speech by his words which  offers her safety as well as threat, Jalal stalks  outside, unmindful of the curious courtiers, looking at the wound and smiling in pure delight, he leaves behind a befuddled courtiers, terrified princess ....

## One of those scenes which Rajat owned from beginning to end.. right from , "(questioning) Apne .... Khema ??? to his walking out of Jodha's Khema .. He just sizzled !!  A man who is accustomed to getting his own way is made to wait whats more in a first is even refused by a girl who actually ought to be quaking  right down to her  henna tinted toe's. His powerful , compact frame holding  a temper that could ignite a volcano, He marches to Jodha's camp, to put the fear of death in her but gets distracted when he sees her sleeping , A smile escapes and he goes towards amiably when her aggression triggers his volatile temper again but not to the expected level .. Jalal could have tormented her , were he so inclined ..after all he is a despot , a tyrant.. he also had the  sword that could dismember  the body and head .. None could challenge him least of all the  people of Amer but nada, He gives her a chance to explain her stand, not just that , he also realizes his folly in summoning her to a public gathering of men .. He has enough gall to admit his fault but does not go the whole hog  to apologize !! A kingly  attitude and why not, He is the King !!

May I say, I loved the Earth scene .. while in the previous scene , we had Jodha applying the soil on to her forehead, thereby uniting her spirit with the soul of Amer,  Amer becoming Jodha and Jodha turning into Amer, we have  Jalal here,smearing himself with the soil, accepting the very same soil * note they are not yet in Agra *  , The soil mingling with his blood and becoming part of him.. He does not protest, nor reject, he accepts the Earth .. He accepts Amer, He accepts Jodha !! He applies the soil to staunch the bleed, to heal the wound and so shall Jodha , who will heal the wounds of his heart,staunch the bleed !!

Another heart for the scene where he assures her of safety and threat simultaneously !!  There he stands   AFTER throwing away the dagger , her brother's had given  for Jodha's protection !! That dagger symbolically representing her brother's and their assurance of protection .. But it is all worthless now as  after Marriage, the safety and protection of Jodha falls on Jalal and the dagger or the brother's are reduced to being mere puppets  in front of the husband !!  The disdainful throw of the dagger shows the unimportance of the brother's , helplessness of the brother's..for Jalal has vowed to protect Jodha from inimical forces but not from himself..  Brother's cannot interfere in the intimate matters concerning a husband and wife unless wife complains and Jodha will not complain !

Next Morning one is awakened to the voice of a nightangle singing a bhajan while Jalal goes about doing his prayers .. Both complete their prayer's , Jalal is  notified of the breakfast ..Soon the Mughal's gather and wait for Jodha, who arrives , studiously ignoring Jalal but Maham Anga will not have it, she talks about protocol and  Jodha is compelled to sit by Jalal .. who gives her a measured glance, absorbing her face,  every details etched there .. his wounded hands struggle to hold on to a piece of chicken , His difficulty are noted by fellow Mughal's , Sharifuddin offers help but is wordlessly told off , Maham Anga is furious at the callous attitude of Jodha.. the stalemate would have remained if not for Moti Bai who requests Jodha to feed Jalal .. Jodha does reluctantly , once started she  completes her wifely chores impeccably .. Dining completed, the  Royalty decides to break camp but not before showing off to Jodha that his hands are and were nimble as usual , With an amused grin, Jalal  walks off leaving a not so amused Jodha behind.

## Normally one tends to forget Maika once the leads come together  unless specifically required ..it was  heartening to see the maika and also experience their anguish.. it is a emotion that every parent undergoes when their daughter leaves and it was good to see that this aspect was not ignored ..

The attitude of Jalal was oo-la-la !! The sidelong glances as he gauges Jodha, checking to see whether the  ice maiden has thawed sufficiently, realizing that she is still aloof ..He goes to second gear , his look at her is like, "Impertinent Wench!! Do u dare to take me on ,wait , I shall teach you a lesson  right now " ..The overt difficulty in picking out a fried chicken.. and when Jodha  picks it up and  aims it somewhere near to his face, He pauses to look at her , even more significantly, his eyes sweep through the circle of his courtier's majestically , checking to see whether they are all witness to this byplay,  where  Jodha Begum is feeding him !! !!..Not only are the courtier's avidly drinking in the scene, they are looking on with respect at the way Jalal has broken the wild horse to domesticity ..

Satisfaction guaranteed, Honor restored from last night's fiasco!! It is only after that , Does the  wily Badshah deign to  take a bite from the proffered offering (loved the subtle humor )  and gives permission for other's to  eat !!  Just like a kid who likes to show off his  brilliance, Jalal too cannot resist showing off to Jodha and the other's that he was merely acting !!

If  Rajat was dominating the scene, no less was Paridhi who was making it difficult to tear our eyes away from her, Her involuntary tightening of her hands arund her knees as she sees Jalal struggling with chicken, her body almost moving of its own volition to help him out, only for her to check ourself consciously , The compassionate instinct to help him at war with her resolution, silently helping out Jalal without much ado once her servant puts his cause for consideration ...In that brief minute, Paridhi was amazing..

Another sequence was his keen apprciative listening  to the Bhajan instead of being roused to rage for the heathen song which  broke into his praying,A man who is willing  to give space and also honor the promise made !!..  the wry smile as he looks at his palm, at the wound incurred ..All because he wanted his Begum to sing.. Had he waited for the morning, Begum would have done the needful and he need not have got the nasty cut in his hand...  Needless to say.. , mucho liked the sequence !!

The Caravan reaches Agra , to be greeted with varying emotions from one and all ..Jodha is introduced to harem culture and taken under the wings of Hameeda .. Maham Anga's ploy of  belittling Jodha  seems to be on hold for sometime, Can Jodha win everybody's heart by then or  has her tests  begun ??

##A beautiful scene, Jalal willingly , patiently standing by as the family greets their new member, watching with good humor as a Hindu welcome is sung to welcome the new bride, while Jodha's eyes well up in tears on this unexpected largesse .. The smile of pride and achievement when Hameeda lauds the beauty ofJodha and the look of amused humor and question as Hameeda reveals how much important is Jodha to her ..Rajat was outstanding !!

Muhwazzz  for this !!

Hum Yahan aapke paas aayethey apne shikhayat lekar, Aur aapne toh humein hi Mujrim  Sabit kardiya !!

Aapko Har kism ke Khatre se bachane ke Liye Hum Yahan Maujood hai, Par humse aapko bachane ke liye  .................  Koi Nahi !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #13 - Ishq hai Ahsaas !!!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-12, 01:33

I ws nt getin sleep hence logged in here and buoy.....watta TREAT....
hate typing from cell.....but still wud like to tell u......have not come across any person who has such an eye for detail.....and then translate the same with beautiful words.....ur truly a GIFTED ONE...

I loved the scenes which u hav described and watched the marathon repeat too yesterday....both pardhi and rajat will give ekta lots of good moments to smile...this is just the beginning....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-12, 04:10

Tants once again lovely write up, u took me back to the episode and wat scenes u have highlighted.. i loved them.. the scene where he comes to the khema at night and the whole scene was good, loved those dialogues u highlighted...he is no less he gets his way the next morning at breakfast...thou only because of moti...he did show patience on a few occasions...and the singing the song the next day in front of all important people...b careful wen u think u have someone cornered, they can be the most dangerous then ...i liked jodha's make up for the most part, she is looking better then at the beginning...the excitement is building and the episodes r now back to the normal 20 - 22 mins...

i hear that colours is meant to go free in the UK from September, how I wish it was Zee so I could watch it on tv instead of on line, but u never know umeed pe duniya...I'll stop here D is being difficult on the phone today....

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 10:13

Tantwa, anyone can do analysis.. but to think of even about why Bharmal would have decided to push in BD as well- There stands Tanthya and her analysis.. And I just happened to note the time you posted this...
Shocked  Monday morning... 1 am? Vi lifts both her hands and bows - how do you do it? :sunny: 

I havent watched the last two epi's yet baba... Long weekend... I was not in town..

P.S:  This weekend unga oorla thaan! Nice climate.. ooh la la weather! had a nice time :)My kidwas didnt want to come back to B :D

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-08-12, 10:47

Fantastic tanthya Thumbsup .....

1. I did not notice the jodha wanted to help jalal, i thought she ignored him n after the maid told then only she reacts... After reading ur post, i rewatch back again n yes ur right..... just one question here was jodha suppose to be vegatarian.... Question 

2. Ruqaiyya is turned into vamp already No .....

3. Loved the epi n more than anything else loved ur post. ... 10q for writing n sharing with us......:)

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 11:37

pollyanna wrote:I ws nt getin sleep hence logged in here and buoy.....watta TREAT....
hate typing from cell.....but still wud like to tell u......have not come across any person who has such an eye for detail.....and then translate the same with beautiful words.....ur truly a GIFTED ONE...

I loved the scenes which u hav described and watched the marathon repeat too yesterday....both pardhi and rajat will give ekta lots of good moments to smile...this is just the beginning....
 Shocked Shocked ..Pallo Jaan..YOU !! & not getting any sleep !!! Ki baat hai , Bituwa ??

thank You, sweet heart, it is sweet of you to say so !:heart: :heart:

There was A repeat !! Rolling Eyes :cry: :cry: , Why didn't I know..I missed out !! booohooo,boohooo

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 12:16

sarra0 wrote:Tants once again lovely write up, u took me back to the episode and wat scenes u have highlighted.. i loved them.. the scene where he comes to the khema at night and the whole scene was good, loved those dialogues u highlighted...he is no less he gets his way the next morning at breakfast...thou only because of moti...he did show patience on a few occasions...and the singing the song the next day in front of all important people...b careful wen u think u have someone cornered, they can be the most dangerous then ...i liked jodha's make up for the most part, she is looking better then at the beginning...the excitement is building and the episodes r now back to the normal 20 - 22 mins...

i hear that colours is meant to go free in the UK from September, how I wish it was Zee so I could watch it on tv instead of on line, but u never know umeed pe duniya...I'll stop here D is being difficult on the phone today....
 Sarra Jaan,

Muhwazzz and thankooj !!

Ofc, He gets his way.. both are egoistic, adamant people used to having their ways and it will be terrific to see his  overt aggression taking on her passive aggression , Used to Ruqaiyya's blatant attitude, the stonewalling tactics of Jodha will drive him nuts !!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I hope D stops acting pricey like JOdha and entices you with chicken ..Wink

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-08-12, 12:33

Sathya. ...speachless...long hug

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 12:40

riyya6 wrote:Fantastic tanthya Thumbsup .....

1. I did not notice the jodha wanted to help jalal, i thought she ignored him n after the maid told then only she reacts... After reading ur post, i rewatch back again n yes ur right..... just one question here was jodha suppose to be vegatarian.... Question 

3. Loved the epi n more than anything else loved ur post. ... 10q for writing n sharing with us......:)
Hey Riyya, I too had the same doubtwa.. Isnt she a veggie? He made her touch chicken to feed him.. naughty fellow!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 12:59

Abavi wrote:Tantwa, anyone can do analysis.. but to think of even about why Bharmal would have decided to push in BD as well- There stands Tanthya and her analysis.. And I just happened to note the time you posted this...
Shocked Monday morning... 1 am? Vi lifts both her hands and bows - how do you do it? :sunny: 

I havent watched the last two epi's yet baba... Long weekend... I was not in town..

P.S:  This weekend unga oorla thaan! Nice climate.. ooh la la weather! had a nice time :)My kidwas didnt want to come back to B :D
 Vi Ponnu !!long hug

Night owl plus the fact , I needed to kottufy everything for a peaceful sleep !!:P :P

watch it..it is good , good ...

Enga oor na scratch  ..Thaai Veed -aa .. Enga oorle eppovum Nalla weather thaan pongo .. once kaal vachinga-na.. thirumba manasu varadhu !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-12, 13:03

Riya, Vi...why do u think that Jodha will be vegetarian in the first place???? Question Shocked 

Rajputs are meat eaters too yaar Wink Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-08-12, 13:03

A fantastic post Tants. The scenes you described were so beautifully shot and executed. I really loved Rajat in those scenes. The patience, anger , smirk all well done.

Thanks for the explanation for BD past as even I was surprised why did Bharmal send him . About Maan Singh , I do know that he turns out to be a valiant warrior who fights the Haldighati Battle with Maharana Pratap . He has been trained well by Jalal must say .

I was under the impression that Jodha was a vegetarian , so she feeding him chicken . I am looking forward to Ruqs and Jodha duel, well she is turned negative very early .

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 13:04

riyya6 wrote:Fantastic tanthya Thumbsup .....

Thankss, Love !! Heart

Jodha is a Veggie but that does not mean she  feels disgusted at non veggie eating people.. Shows the innate maturity in the direction which shows Jodha as a dignified  Royal person ..

Not yet, Ruqaiyya is being mean now, just trying to put Jodha down..she will turn into a vamp when Jodha becomes a threat !!

M loving the epi's too and  Hugs and Thanks for loving my writing..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 13:09

pollyanna wrote:Riya, Vi...why do u think that Jodha will be vegetarian in the first place???? Question Shocked 

The doubt arises from the fact that Jodha is a Kanha lover plus  there has been scenes of them not eating any ghosht ... Also Ashutosh Gowarikar made it appear as if  Jodha's clan were veggies !!

Did the Bharmal Dynasty consume  NV or were they pure veggies ??scratch

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 13:28

amimus wrote:A fantastic post Tants. The scenes you described were so beautifully shot and executed. I really loved Rajat in those scenes. The patience, anger , smirk all well done.

Thanks for the explanation for BD past as even I was surprised why did Bharmal send him . About Maan Singh , I do know that he turns out to be a valiant warrior who fights the Haldighati Battle with Maharana Pratap . He has been trained well by Jalal must say .

I was under the impression that Jodha was a vegetarian , so she feeding him chicken . I am looking forward to Ruqs and Jodha duel, well she is turned negative very early .
 Thank You, Ami jaan  and hope You ate my share of Biryani too !!

I had never seen Rajat before and  it is a revelation for me , everytime I have to remind myself that this young man is just 20- 22 years old.. what maturity in his acting !!  I hope he just climbs higher nad higher....

I do think Jodha is vegetarian , her feeding him speaks of her nobility and her accepting spirit ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 13:47

Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Riya, Vi...why do u think that Jodha will be vegetarian in the first place???? Question Shocked 

The doubt arises from the fact that Jodha is a Kanha lover plus  there has been scenes of them not eating any ghosht ... Also Ashutosh Gowarikar made it appear as if  Jodha's clan were veggies !!

Yeah ecjacatly! , Vi got the idea from the scene from JA movie where Jo cooks for Ja...

Vi wants to believe Jo is Veggie... the romantic devil in Vi wants to see Ja who CANNOT eat veggie food eats that JUST because Jo cooked it for him...

I guess at those times the Rajputs were vegetarians and then they started to eat meat after the alliances with mughals... Most of the sites say that Rajputs are vegatarians basically but also eat meat in mordern times...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 13:53

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Yeah ecjacatly! , Vi got the idea from the scene from JA movie where Jo cooks for Ja...

Vi wants to believe Jo is Veggie... the romantic devil in Vi wants to see Ja who CANNOT eat veggie food eats that JUST because Jo cooked it for him...

I guess at those times the Rajputs were vegetarians and then they started to eat meat after the alliances with mughals... Most of the sites say that Rajputs are vegatarians basically but also eat meat in mordern times...
 Ja cannot eat Veggies ... Since when le irndhu ????   I  have missed out on so many things !! Shocked Shocked

In ancient times.. The Hindu Kings were predominantly non meat eater's ..and If my surmise is correct, The Bharmal dynasty came from Ayodhya , Raghuvanshi clan and they were Veggies !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 13:56

Tanthya wrote:
amimus wrote:A fantastic post Tants. The scenes you described were so beautifully shot and executed. I really loved Rajat in those scenes. The patience, anger , smirk all well done.

I had never seen Rajat before and  it is a revelation for me , everytime I have to remind myself that this young man is just 20- 22 years old.. what maturity in his acting !!  I hope he just climbs higher nad higher....

I do think Jodha is vegetarian , her feeding him speaks of her nobility and her accepting spirit ..

@ bold: Speaking of which, I am pleasantly surprised at the way they have portrayed this. Two days back when the precap of Jo trying to stab Ja was relayed, I was a bit skeptical, but then when the actual show got aired, it turned out to be different.

Any girl who is at Jo's place would want to neglect and ignore the man, she would be livid with rage... But this girl, she is angry, but still she has that royal character in her to accept him with grace- We know she has accepted him for the sake of her promises in front of the fire- She cant break her promise. She still has that pride in her intact - she wouldnt let him inside her heart or to let him claim her body anytime soon, but she would do the other duties a wife would do- When Ja would notice this, that is when his realization that this girl is different is going to happen, he would fall for this girl, blindly, nastily- I cant wait to see that happening...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 14:15

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Ja cannot eat Veggies ... Since when le irndhu ????   I  have missed out on so many things !! Shocked Shocked

In ancient times.. The Hindu Kings were predominantly non meat eater's ..and If my surmise is correct, The Bharmal dynasty came from Ayodhya , Raghuvanshi clan and they were Veggies !!
Embarassed  One believes what one wants to believe...

I said the romantic thukda of my heart yearns to see it that way... Ja eating veggie and falling in love with veggie food for Jo's sake.. party4  Ok Vi cannot imagine Ja eating Dal bati churma or Kadi Chawal when Murgh or lamb was available... those dishes would be introduced to him by his rajasthani biwi!

If Jo has been a veggie all her life, it would be sweet to see her try his type of food too... not being forced but willingly!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 14:23

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

"The food really travelled, and each emperor added his own contribution." Mughal cuisine was shaped by all kinds of influences: Iranian, Afghani, and Persian, (because of the dynasty's Central Asian roots) mixed in with Kashmiri, Punjabi and a touch of the Deccan. Each gourmand emperor also had his favourites. Babur did not like Indian food when he arrived, preferring the fresh meat and fruits of his native Samarkand. But he loved fish, which he did not get back home. Humayun brought the Iranian influence to the table, while Akbar � thanks to his many alliances � brought the Indian. In fact, Akbar was vegetarian three times a week, and had his own kitchen garden which he nourished with rosewater, so that the vegetables would smell fragrant when cooked.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/1237329/report-what-did-shah-jahan-have-for-dinner

There is another interesting article in this link http://www.peopleforanimalsindia.org/articles-by-maneka-gandhi/935-vegetarian-mughal-emperors.html which says that Akbar was actually impressed by jainism and liked kichadi a lot... Now tell me tantwa.. who would have cooked kichadi for him the first time in his life??? Or even if Jo hadnt cooked it for him, she would have encouraged him to taste it na?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 14:28

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

@ bold: Speaking of which, I am pleasantly surprised at the way they have portrayed this. Two days back when the precap of Jo trying to stab Ja was relayed, I was a bit skeptical, but then when the actual show got aired, it turned out to be different.

Any girl who is at Jo's place would want to neglect and ignore the man, she would be livid with rage... But this girl, she is angry, but still she has that royal character in her to accept him with grace- We know she has accepted him for the sake of her promises in front of the fire- She cant break her promise. She still has that pride in her intact - she wouldnt let him inside her heart or to let him claim her body anytime soon, but she would do the other duties a wife would do- When Ja would notice this, that is when his realization that this girl is different is going to happen, he would fall for this girl, blindly, nastily- I cant wait to see that happening...
  wah, wah..Vi ..aptly and beautifully summed up .. Jodha Bai just grows up in stature day by day ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-12, 14:33

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Aiyoo....yeh veggies ke dum pe she was chanting "Jalal ka Sar " for the past 8 weeks Rolling Eyes  Shocked :P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 14:38

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote: The doubt arises from the fact that Jodha is a Kanha lover plus  there has been scenes of them not eating any ghosht ... Also Ashutosh Gowarikar made it appear as if  Jodha's clan were veggies !!

"The food really travelled, and each emperor added his own contribution." Mughal cuisine was shaped by all kinds of influences: Iranian, Afghani, and Persian, (because of the dynasty's Central Asian roots) mixed in with Kashmiri, Punjabi and a touch of the Deccan. Each gourmand emperor also had his favourites. Babur did not like Indian food when he arrived, preferring the fresh meat and fruits of his native Samarkand. But he loved fish, which he did not get back home. Humayun brought the Iranian influence to the table, while Akbar � thanks to his many alliances � brought the Indian. In fact, Akbar was vegetarian three times a week, and had his own kitchen garden which he nourished with rosewater, so that the vegetables would smell fragrant when cooked.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/1237329/report-what-did-shah-jahan-have-for-dinner

There is another interesting article in this link http://www.peopleforanimalsindia.org/articles-by-maneka-gandhi/935-vegetarian-mughal-emperors.html which says that Akbar was actually impressed by jainism and liked kichadi a lot... Now tell me tantwa.. who would have cooked kichadi for him the first time in his life??? Or even if Jo hadnt cooked it for him, she would have encouraged him to taste it na?
 It hinges on the fact whether there really was a Jodha !!!

As for Vegetarianism .. staying in India, surrounded by Todarmal, Tansen, Mahesh Daas, Maan Singh and various other Hindu Prince..chance are likely, he would have got a taste for it from their kitchen..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 14:41

pollyanna wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Aiyoo....yeh veggies ke dum pe she was chanting "Jalal ka Sar " for the past 8 weeks Rolling Eyes  Shocked :P
 Bheja fry karnewaali thi kya Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Aren't Amba devotees Veggies ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 14:51

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:Yeah ecjacatly! , Vi got the idea from the scene from JA movie where Jo cooks for Ja...

It hinges on the fact whether there really was a Jodha !!!

As for Vegetarianism .. staying in India, surrounded by Todarmal, Tansen, Mahesh Daas, Maan Singh and various other Hindu Prince..chance are likely, he would have got a taste for it from their kitchen..

grrr... Put your dimaag to sleep for some time tantwa... let your heart speak out...

Forget Jo was not there in reality(mariam uz zamini was there isnt it), forget Ja had other accomplices who would have probably asked him to taste their yummy kichadi...

*wouldnt it be nice to IMAGINE that* Jo influenced Ja's love for vegetarianism? I am almost tempted to use "Kuch kuch hota hai .. Kuch na kuch.. koi na koi" wala dialogue that Khushi taught Arnav...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:40

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum