Latest topics

The most alluring character.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The most alluring character.....

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-08-12, 12:07

How did I miss this…….A question that had been lingering in my mind for quite some time?  May be it’s because I already saw the most captivating story as a movie starring an handsome Hrithik Roshan as Akbar and a gorgeous Aiswarya Rai as Jodha or my prejudice that it’s not going to be too good as a serial.  The first couple of episodes I watched bared a creepy looking guy as Akbar and an inexpressive Paridhi as Jodha.  My thoughts immediately went to Ekta, a lady who had made a mark for herself in the show biz, would not have made such a huge blunder in choosing her main leads. The actors do take time to fit into their role. Curiosity got the better of me (more than the benefit of doubt that I gave these actors) during the wedding Promo and I decided to give it a go…..

I am so glad I did that. I just couldn’t resist myself from watching the older episodes. Though there were small bloopers here and there the overall charisma of storytelling didn’t fail to impress me.

The most alluring character for me was that of Ruqaiya Sultan Begum. Married to Jalal at a very tender age of nine, she literally grew up with Jalal. In today’s terminology “The Childhood Sweetheart of Akbar”. Times when Queens are favoured by the Male heir they bore for the King she was unconditionally favoured by her king as his favourite queen. Such was her charm. She knew her Jalal more than he knew himself. Such was her power that even Maham Anga had to take her approval to meet Jalal. A conquer in her own game. She never felt the need to boast herself as Akbar’s favourite as it was understood, accepted and seen by everyone. Those who fought for their place saw their downfall through her hands.

For the first time she proclaimed to Jodha that she is Akbar’s favourite not because Jodha didn’t wear the jewellery she gifted but only because her “Shatir Dimag” saw something in Jodha that Akbar hadn’t seen yet. When that day comes will she accept Jodha for Akbar’s sake and will these two hot headed queens find a common ground for the man they love or will they define a new stand.

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: The most alluring character.....

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-12, 12:27

Wow Sharmi...loved the post!!!! Yes, even I was not initially interesed in JA but when I started doing the WU, I found myself....living the scenes in between and forgetting abt the WU....and that was when I thot...yup this story has MEAT!!! Once shahi shaadi saptah started, there was no looking back....have fallen in love with Jalal and now am so curious to watch their journey of love....Hope Ekta gives us at least 8-9 months of good watch :)

Coming to Rukaiya.....she is one of the most interesting character which has grey shades but guess now has turned full on NEGATIVE.....I think...this mite be the reason why Smiley was replaced, she did not have the VAMPISH look as EKta has envisioned, while Lavina does a good job being a Vamp.

Nonetheless, I would have been happier if the transition from grey to negative would have take some time...unlike Friday epi...where she is acting like Komolika/Jigyasa etc......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 12:42

What a thought Sharmi!

Yeah, Ruq will eventually accept Jo and so would Jo... all for the man they love...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 12:45

Love makes the world go around and in this case...makes Sharmi all gooey eyed enuff to write ..without me even having to lift a ungli !! :P :P :P

One one hand.. Ruqaiyya fighting for her rights and on the other hand the tussle between Maham Anga and Hameeda ... it is going to be interesting !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-08-12, 12:56

hey long hug  long time, its good to see many ipk fans around here .... with JA....

a very good write up.....

1. I agree with pals here, the transition of grey shades to evil was too sudden.

2.wat u mean that she saw something in Jodha.... that Jalal has not.... i dun think both interacted much but as far i can see mayb she thought Jodha is not the type who would follow blindly wat she says....

3. In my view finding common ground will be diff but im sure Jodha will give in here n make peace....:) 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-08-12, 15:08

pollyanna wrote:Wow Sharmi...loved the post!!!! Yes, even I was not initially interesed in JA but when I started doing the WU, I found myself....living the scenes in between and forgetting abt the WU....and that was when I thot...yup this story has MEAT!!! Once shahi shaadi saptah started, there was no looking back....have fallen in love with Jalal and now am so curious to watch their journey of love....Hope Ekta gives us at least 8-9 months of good watch :)

Coming to Rukaiya.....she is one of the most interesting character which has grey shades but guess now has turned full on NEGATIVE.....I think...this mite be the reason why Smiley was replaced, she did not have the VAMPISH look as EKta has envisioned, while Lavina does a good job being a Vamp.

Nonetheless, I would have been happier if the transition from grey to negative would have take some time...unlike Friday epi...where she is acting like Komolika/Jigyasa etc......
 Hi pallu.....

I think Rukaiya hasn't turned negative at all....for her it's all about Akbar....not like Maham Anga who is full on negative.....blinded by her son's love and her need to show her superiority. 

Friday's episode....is just a beginning.....Rukaiya noticed jodha's courage, ease and poise both when she picked up her necklace and when she rejected wearing the necklace.......she feels the need to suppress her in the beginning.....hence the threat on the first day itself ....

I might be wrong ....lets see what happens this week....

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-08-12, 15:09

Abavi wrote:What a thought Sharmi!

Yeah, Ruq will eventually accept Jo and so would Jo... all for the man they love...
 Thanks vi.....long time yaar....:)

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-08-12, 15:18

Tanthya wrote:Love makes the world go around and in this case...makes Sharmi all gooey eyed enuff to write ..without me even having to lift a ungli !! :P :P :P

One one hand.. Ruqaiyya fighting for her rights and on the other hand the tussle between Maham Anga and Hameeda ... it is going to be interesting !!
 Yek kya re....Sathya...in fact I happily blame you for my addiction...

Such beautiful analysis of each and every scene in the episode ...long hug 

The fight for rights among women is always an interesting watch.....:P

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-08-12, 15:30

riyya6 wrote:hey long hug  long time, its good to see many ipk fans around here .... with JA....

a very good write up.....

1. I agree with pals here, the transition of grey shades to evil was too sudden.

2.wat u mean that she saw something in Jodha.... that Jalal has not.... i dun think both interacted much but as far i can see mayb she thought Jodha is not the type who would follow blindly wat she says....

3. In my view finding common ground will be diff but im sure Jodha will give in here n make peace....:) 
 Riyya.....
hug1 
 Kaisan ho bittiya... ..so happy to chat with you after a long time.......

Riyya.....Rukaiya and Jodha have crossed paths even before the wedding with Jalal....

Rukaiya had two instances to closely watch Jodha.....if she is smart she knows by now that Jodha is different to rest of the girls in harem......

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-12, 15:46

sharmibalan wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Wow Sharmi...loved the post!!!! Yes, even I was not initially interesed in JA but when I started doing the WU, I found myself....living the scenes in between and forgetting abt the WU....and that was when I thot...yup this story has MEAT!!! Once shahi shaadi saptah started, there was no looking back....have fallen in love with Jalal and now am so curious to watch their journey of love....Hope Ekta gives us at least 8-9 months of good watch :)

Hi pallu.....

I think Rukaiya hasn't turned negative at all....for her it's all about Akbar....not like Maham Anga who is full on negative.....blinded by her son's love and her need to show her superiority. 

Friday's episode....is just a beginning.....Rukaiya noticed jodha's courage, ease and poise both when she picked up her necklace and when she rejected wearing the necklace.......she feels the need to suppress her in the beginning.....hence the threat on the first day itself ....

i am so happy to read that Sharmi :) ........coz the way she was going on filling Jalal's ears Shocked affraid ...and he being "kaan ka kachha" when it comes to Rukaiya Twisted Evil ......was falling for her plans Evil or Very Mad ....and made Jodha sing in front of everyone No .......i think..he wud not have asked her to do so...if Ruk ne fire pe ghee nahi daala hota scratch

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-12, 16:51

sharmibalan wrote:
Abavi wrote:What a thought Sharmi!

Thanks vi.....long time yaar....:)
Yeah na? long hug

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-12, 17:06

pollyanna wrote:
sharmibalan wrote:

Hi pallu.....

i am so happy to read that Sharmi :) ........coz the way she was going on filling Jalal's ears Shocked affraid ...and he being "kaan ka kachha" when it comes to Rukaiya Twisted Evil ......was falling for her plans Evil or Very Mad ....and made Jodha sing in front of everyone No .......i think..he wud not have asked her to do so...if Ruk ne fire pe ghee nahi daala hota scratch
 I too would go with Sharmi here, Pallo .. She has not turned against Jodha yet..it is a one upmanship now, the overwhelming need to show Jodha her place .. She has not yet realized that jalal has quite an active interest in Jodha ..

Her various  counseling was a woman who was urging the King to tame Jodha before she makes a mockery of them, it was more in the spirit of warning, a alert to Jalal ..that Jodha needs to be subjugated pronto..

Regarding the singing, That Imp had the same idea at the camping spot  too ... :P

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by cheena007 on 2013-08-12, 18:27

fantastic post Sharmi  Thumbsup

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-12, 18:41

Nice post Sharmi.. the show started as a guilty pleasure for me....but it has progressed and the actors have improved some....i am still not used to the new Ruqs it feels like a completely new character and all of a sudden...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:14

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum