Latest topics

Life is difficult for an actor: Anurag Nigam - TOI

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life is difficult for an actor: Anurag Nigam - TOI

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-14, 13:40

Life is difficult for an actor: Anurag Nigam
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lucknowite and TV actor Anurag Nigam is waiting excitedly for the birth of his first child

Small screen's long journey
He's spent almost a decade on television and still not many people know that TV actor Anurag Nigam is from Lucknow. "Kaise pata chalta, I used to hardly come to Lucknow after I went to Mumbai," says Anurag, who was last seen in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, and is in the city these days, awaiting the birth of his kid. Telling us how his small screen journey began, Anurag tells us, "I was around three years old when I used to see people sit and watch Ramayana on TV in pindrop silence. I guess it was then that I decided that I will also have people watching me on TV someday. Everyone in my family knew that yeh toh actor hi banega. So, it didn't come as a surprise to them when I went to Mumbai," says Anurag. But before that, Anurag joined the Bhartendu Natya Akademi in Lucknow after passing his Class 12. "I did a lot of plays for BNA. A workshop of the National School of Drama was organised in Lucknow and I did that too. After that I took off for Mumbai."

The question is... what next?
Soon after landing in Mumbai, Anurag bagged a prominent role in the serial Hello Dolly. But the break didn't make things easier for the budding actor. "Life is difficult for an actor. It is the only profession jisme ek aadmi ko ghar pe baithna padta hai without work, sometimes for months and sometimes for years. It's like when I am working, I am already thinking of what I will do when this show goes off air or my role ends. Of course, we actors earn more than others but then we have to invest that money too, in ourselves. The kind of lifestyle that we follow is quite expensive. We spend a lot on maintaining ourselves and looking good," he says. And it is this risk in the profession that has led Anurag to opt for a side business. "I will soon be venturing into production. I have heard that Doordarshan is going in for 24 hours telecast and they need more content. So, I am planning to produce a show for them. Talks are on and things are in the pipeline," he says.

...Aur pyaar ho gaya!
A happy man, Anurag has been married to television actress Garima Bhatnagar for four years now. Recalling how he met his life partner, he says, "It was my last day of the shoot for Prithvi Raj Chauhan when I got a call for my selection in Kyunkii... Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. They wanted me to start shooting from the next day. I met Garima a day before the shoot at a party, where she told me that her track on Kyunkii... has been revived and she too will start shooting for it from the next day. Bas, fir kya tha, we started meeting daily, aur pyaar ho gaya."

Dad's the way
Anurag is all set to enter the new phase of life - fatherhood! "I'll soon be a dad! And I have taken a break from television - paternity leave you can call it, and have come to be with my wife in Lucknow. I don't want to miss out on any details of parenthood, so I chose to bid a temporary goodbye to my serial Yeh Rishta... and the producers happily agreed to it too. I will resume shooting once the baby arrives," he informs.

Credit: Times of India

Maria J

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum