Latest topics

Jodha Akbar - 14.August.2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar - 14.August.2013

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-08-15, 01:32

It is indeed a pretty sight to see the shah-en-shah honoring his mother-in-law. Obviously, it is the mother-in-law after all!! Even the shah-en-shah knows it is better not to mess with that breed of women!

But boy-o-boy! Is the King gaining my respect or what!

1.       He is honoring his promise.
2.       He is honoring the in-laws.
3.       He is honoring the new bride before the in-laws.
4.       He is still not missing a chance to show his wife who the boss is.
5.       He is making his bride cook for him.
6.       He is honoring his promise despite the fact that his food is a live volcano, and he’s sweating, nay, experiencing a monsoon shower of sweat.
a.       That’s nice though! He wanted to make her cook and gorge like a pig on his pride and ego. But first, he’s gotta sweat like one. After all, he is the MCP!
7.       He is not giving up the volcanic food following the first bite. He is willing to give Jodha a fair chance. He is willing to see if that was a genuine mistake and tastes other dishes – or was that just save face before the court. But in any case, he could’ve refused the plate following the first bite.
8.       His does not tarnish the wife before her ‘vaaldain’ – even if he has to escape the ‘dastarkhwaan’ midway.
9.       His Maaham Anga comes running to ask after him, and he does not tarnish his wife before Maaham Anga. He doesn’t give anyone the satisfaction of seeing his queen ridiculed.
10.   He is keeping his promise of protecting her from the world – though no one protects her from him.
11.   After hearing out his wife’s explanation, he is still focused on scaring the daylights out of her and pins her weak spot bang on!

Wow! Any man capable of all this deserves to be Akbar the great!
However… and it is a big however - Jalal may become Akbar only in time. As of now, he is probably a tad overconfident, which is not really hard for him given his early rise to power. He is yet to realize that all in his inner circle are not his friends even if he’s known them for long; and all he regards his slaves or servants are not his foes, even if he is mistreating them as of now – especially his father-in-law.

~

What a woman this Jodha is!
The husband is telling her his inners are on fire and she tells him – I’m not afraid of you.
He goes on to threaten her. Her response? – I’m not afraid of you, still. I thought she just might stick her tongue at him the second time round.

Oh well, she doesn’t give in that easy. Way to go, girl! Keep the spirits uplifted. You’re gonna need that big time with a man as stubborn as a … MCP.

The Logic

She gave the explanation and you gotta admit, Jalal – she was talking logic.
Though Jalal’s logic wasn’t exactly wrong, but then he too is basing it on his lack of trust in Jodha (just as Jodha’s lack of trust made her request him to keep the truth of their relationship from her family).
There was no reason for her to make a mess when all things were going well before her family and they were satisfied. It is for her family that she requested the man she hates and even accepted to do what she’d never have done otherwise.
I’m sure Jalal saw the logic – though I doubt he can solve the whodunit on his own!
The point he picked on after hearing her out wasn’t that she was lying – but that her family’s peace of mind was more important to her than his tongue on fire.
C’mon Jalal, be reasonable! The peace of mind is more important than a tongue on fire… though, I do hand it to you that a tongue on fire can rob you of the peace of mind!!

It seems that his last statement regarding telling her parents about their relationship is more of a threat just to be able to see fear in her eyes. Just because she’s declared that she isn’t afraid of him, it seems he’s made it a point to scare the daylights out of her.

He isn’t really going to tell on her. And I doubt he is letting his wife be ridiculed in public. If he had to do that, he had a great opportunity before he ran for his jug of water in his room.
~
Perhaps… just perhaps, Maaham Anga is in for another let down. And once more she’ll doubt whether Jalal really hates Jodha or does he nurse some hidden affection for her in his heart of hearts.

My opinion – it seems Jalal is intrigued and interested only in putting her down. But he is jolly good impressed with her too. She has proved to be quite a match to him and he enjoys defeating her. Thereby… some level of appreciation of Jodha has probably crept into his mind that he wants, rather badly, to denounce.

So… basically whatever Maaham Anga or Begum Ruqaiya do to show Jodha down, whenever Jodha rises above them or Jalal ends up protecting her from others – Jalal eventually is getting entangled with her.

That is his basic idea. He wants to fight her on his own. He uses Maaham Anga, Ruqaiya, or Adham as tools. But I doubt he is going to let them play – they are his own chess pieces, and he wants to let Jodha know that she is a piece to him. Everyone else is happy to be Jalal’s chess piece - whereas Jodha rises up as a challenger, and refuses to be a piece on the chess board of the king.

Eventually, it is only Jalal in a duel with Jodha – and hopefully, they both win.
~
Btw… Loved the very husband-wife banter before the mother-in-law! It was precious!!
Now, they communicate even in thoughts – telepathy, you’re on next!!

~
A-ha!  So… Begum Ruqaiya gets the chance she’s looking for. To humiliate Jodha publicly.
I’m not so curious to see what Jodha does, as I am to see what Jalal does if Ruqaiya wins.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar - 14.August.2013

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-15, 08:17

Shalini fantastic piece of writing...loved the pointers of how Jalal is seeing Jodha as the competititor ..he hasnt come across any female until now who is very unlike others who come at the beck and call of him..he is a fighter and he is completely enjoying this off war zone fight he has with his petite wife...

What impressed me was Ekta mai's keeping up with her traditions...can her shows go without Bahu's first cooking not being spiced up by the villains...:P 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-08-15, 09:58

Thank you, Buddy!

yea the only worry for Akbar really is Ekta.. not Jodha ROFL.. if Ekta can't keep herself from her antics, then we'd be left seeing Jalal and Jodha battling daily soap issues rather than their relationship. :D

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by cheena007 on 2013-08-15, 10:34

Shalini wonderful post ..I loved these scenes ..Jodha is different form all his begum ...she had that in her to say she is not scared of him when was trying to scare her LOL love her strength ..

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-08-15, 12:48

Thank you, buddy!

Yeah I agree. Jodha is strong, and perhaps this intrigues him.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-08-15, 13:18

loved ur post Thumbsup ....

According to the spoiler it will be Jodha who will win the chess competition .....:)

Last edited by riyya6 on 2013-08-15, 13:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error)

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-08-15, 17:54

riyya6 wrote:loved ur post Thumbsup ....

According to the spoiler it will be Jodha who will win the chess competition .....:)
Thank you, buddy! :D

ha ha ha.. that didn't need a spoiler!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:21

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: