Latest topics

The slapgate--Qubool Hai- 4th Feb 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The slapgate--Qubool Hai- 4th Feb 2013

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-05, 11:30

Ever since the episode aired, I knew we will get an uproar from the "mahila mukti morcha" condoning the act. Terming it as physical abuse/assault, a pathetic attempt on Gul's part to show violence against women and to glorify the men having grey streaks.

Lets see how it all began:

I am assuming that all those concerned who have raised questions regarding this has at least cared to know how the story developed to that level.

At Mangalpur, Asad -Zoya came face to face with a grim reality that there are parents who marry off their girl,Maryam to the same person who tried to sexually assault her-It happens in India.

When Zoya turned a rebel/saviour, the panchayat of the village buried her alive(unconscious)-It happens in India

After Zoya gets rescued and on their return to Bhopal,the father of the bride who is the muh-bola bhai of Dilshad, hence mamu of Asad comes to Bhopal,threatens his own relatives(Asad-Dilashad-Najma) of dire consequences if they give a shelter to his daughter- It happens in India

Maryam comes to Asad's house, asks Zoya to let her stay for a day or two till her brother comes from Dubai, the hide and seek continues, no one knows that Zoya is guarding Maryam in the house but is busted and Asad makes an arrangement for the transfer to a safe haven for Maryam as he knows that his house is under 24*7 surveillance by his Mamu.He calls up home and Zoya assures him that Maryam has left the place.But fate had other plans. Dilshad met Maryam on her way out and she gets her back. Mamu's goons who had kept a watch, got the standing instructions from the boss(girl's father) to go ahead and shoot the girl, his own daughter- It happens in India.

But in the ruckus that followed, Dilshad got shot. Asad misunderstands Zoya that she lied to him and hold her responsible for his mother's current state who is battling for her life.The aggressive,cold hearted Asad which we have been shown for the past 3 months only bows down to his mother's wishes and commands. The uber confident Asad for the entire world but for him, its---"meri ammi hi meri wajood hai"

Asad's world revolves around two women-Dilshad,his mom and Najma, his sister and today his mom's life is hanging by a thread, running a race of life against time

Now the pertinent question: was the slap necessary?

A person caught in such a situation,does he have time to even think , forget rationally or irrationally? Isnt he a human first who has a heart in the right place? What about his emotional outburst? What about the helpless feeling of losing the only person for whom one lives for? What about "What If......"

The slap scene: Asad gives solace to his younger sister in the hospital but the reality of Dilshad's situation gets the better of him so he moves away from there, ignores Zoya's presence who was also standing there. At some corner where he is all by himself, his pain finally comes out in the form of the tears. And eventually the tears start taking shape into anger, he recollects his phone call with Zoya an the many times when he had asked her not to meddle with things, he clenches his fist to control his supreme wrath and then.......a voice comes........"Mr. Khan, I am sorry" .......and he loses control...........tadaaak.......and he walks off............not even throwing a glance at her.

The man who is a control -freak, got a tipping point

My questions to all and sundry:

• What would you do if you were in Asad's shoes?
• How can this situation be branded as men-women issue?
• What is more violent/ abusive:-the slap or the gun shot? In both the cases , a man was involved against a woman?Does anyone care to answer? What was the "provocation" in both the situations?
• How can showing a slap scene be a bad influence to the society? Do we fall in love with Asad-ASR-Maan in our real world, if this cant influence public at large then how can this slap set a wrong example? where is the line between real and reel?

The views expressed are personal and not intended to hurt anyone.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: The slapgate--Qubool Hai- 4th Feb 2013

Post by lalsunvid on 2013-02-05, 11:53

This scene was defiantly written having in mind what makes Asad tips off his shoes....his control....!! But was a Slap necessary is really an ambiguous one......... The man who handled himself so well when Razia was insulting Dilshad so badly ;But this time came out to be a life battle and he lost his vision of knowing what had happened actually....

lalsunvid
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-02-05, 12:00

For me Physical violence against a woman what ever the reason is abhorrent to me. Whether its by a gun shot or a slap.It can never be justified.He could have hit his hand against the wall and walked away.
Pallu I agree to your point some things are so sensitive that should be show
on TV, w
ell thats my opinion

Last edited by anurao66 on 2013-02-05, 19:08; edited 1 time in total

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-05, 12:19

Agree with you Vidya, Anu......

guess when the makers conceive a scene, they try to think what will leave the maximum impact on the viewers. We can come up with 10 different scenes like he could have banged his hand on wall, thrown chairs around but would it leave such a mark??? how will the viewers know that what is the tipping point of Asad???? a person who is always a control freak , what can make him fall??? He even went to call his father whom he despises from the bottom of his heart.......such was the effect ......he became WEAK

This slap is not a stand-alone scene......it comes with a story attached and ....its his mom dying.......anyone wud have done that.....irrespective of that person being a man or woman

The violence on TV is uncalled for but this is the real world, its just showcasing the society.....such things happen...we cant shy away from them...if saas-bahu extremes can be shown....why not the social ills......

This is some cinematic liberty which CVs have to take....a calculated risk.......which can earn them brickbats or bouquet
s.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-05, 14:14

I know many people r upset with slapgate and thoug I havnt seen the scene, for me just like wen ASR dropped Khushi out the window it is just a show and I actually liked that scene, it was another moment of ah this serial really is different, the hero didn't save her. In regards to QH I don't have the same connect to the show and can't comment on acting or execution and I haven't seen an episode in a couple of weeks but wen i heard he slapped her i just thought it's a show and it isn't any worse to things shown on American shows, in comparison to some it is actually extremely mild. That doesn't make it rite in asli duniya but this fiction, again having said that I do appreciate more now then went IP first started that mentality of people is different between India and the West.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-05, 14:32

True that Sarra. ...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-05, 14:57

pollyanna wrote:True that Sarra. ...

D o these kind of posts appear on forums whenever there is such a scene for is it special for 4lion shows, i don't remember the reaction to MB and his cruelty at the beginning as I don't visit the forum, but even in hindi serials u hear about so much worse and don't think they have the same reaction.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-05, 15:24

u actually voiced my thoughts Sarra.....even I am surprised as to why 4 Lions products are so vehemently brought under the radar.......there are lots of shows (without taking the names )which depict harsh realities, violence but Gul gets the maximum wrath ......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-02-05, 19:12

sarra0 wrote:I know many people r upset with slapgate and thoug I havnt seen the scene, for me just like wen ASR dropped Khushi out the window it is just a show and I actually liked that scene, it was another moment of ah this serial really is different, the hero didn't save her. In regards to QH I don't have the same connect to the show and can't comment on acting or execution and I haven't seen an episode in a couple of weeks but wen i heard he slapped her i just thought it's a show and it isn't any worse to things shown on American shows, in comparison to some it is actually extremely mild. That doesn't make it rite in asli duniya but this fiction, again having said that I do appreciate more now then went IP first started that mentality of people is different between India and the West.

Very well put Sarra, but please remember that when Arnav left Kushi's hand he knew what he was doing. He knew that the boxes where there to save her. But nontheless I cant condone that incident.

Anu

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-02-05, 19:15

Girls,

I mean no offence. I personally hate and abhor physical violence and will never condone it. Whether it is in this show or IK or any other show, whatever the circumstances may be.

Anu

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-05, 19:26

pollyanna wrote:u actually voiced my thoughts Sarra.....even I am surprised as to why 4 Lions products are so vehemently brought under the radar.......there are lots of shows (without taking the names )which depict harsh realities, violence but Gul gets the maximum wrath ......

I think not as many online fans as with IP, the rukAs should be smaller, and 4lions from the beginning with there first show have harsh heroes, thou i never watched all of Geet so not sure how far the hero went in that, i think ASR may have been harsher them Asad cause ASR and his anger jus used to blow and once it blew that was it and it was usually KKG who got a reaction from him, where as usually Asad has shouted and the scene i remember where he tried to hold her a bit roughly fell flat.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-05, 19:30

anurao66 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:I know many people r upset with slapgate and thoug I havnt seen the scene, for me just like wen ASR dropped Khushi out the window it is just a show and I actually liked that scene, it was another moment of ah this serial really is different, the hero didn't save her. In regards to QH I don't have the same connect to the show and can't comment on acting or execution and I haven't seen an episode in a couple of weeks but wen i heard he slapped her i just thought it's a show and it isn't any worse to things shown on American shows, in comparison to some it is actually extremely mild. That doesn't make it rite in asli duniya but this fiction, again having said that I do appreciate more now then went IP first started that mentality of people is different between India and the West.

Very well put Sarra, but please remember that when Arnav left Kushi's hand he knew what he was doing. He knew that the boxes where there to save her. But nontheless I cant condone that incident.

Anu

Anu I havnt seen that scene in such a long time, did he know? The impression I remembere I got wen I watched it was he didn't know and honestly didn't care weather she got hurt, but i could be wrong on that

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-05, 20:43

anurao66 wrote:Girls,

I mean no offence. I personally hate and abhor physical violence and will never condone it. Whether it is in this show or IK or any other show, whatever the circumstances may be.

Anu

Anu, as far as I remember,ASR did not know that there were boxes lying down but lets leave that as it was another show.

Any which ways, i guess......this is fiction, QH is an imagination of some minds and they are showcasing it and we have read and seen much worse than this slap in books/movies and shows. We need creative freedom ( Salman rushdie's book, movies like Black Friday and the recent girls band in Kashmir comes into picture)and open mind to judge what is right and whats wrong without being judgmental and prejudiced so that people can be made aware of the extremes a person can go to when put under trying conditions. Neither the makers nor anyone is justifying the slap or any harsh/violent act but it is just a form of storytellin
g.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-05, 21:10

sarra0 wrote:
pollyanna wrote:u actually voiced my thoughts Sarra.....even I am surprised as to why 4 Lions products are so vehemently brought under the radar.......there are lots of shows (without taking the names )which depict harsh realities, violence but Gul gets the maximum wrath ......

I think not as many online fans as with IP, the rukAs should be smaller, and 4lions from the beginning with there first show have harsh heroes, thou i never watched all of Geet so not sure how far the hero went in that, i think ASR may have been harsher them Asad cause ASR and his anger jus used to blow and once it blew that was it and it was usually KKG who got a reaction from him, where as usually Asad has shouted and the scene i remember where he tried to hold her a bit roughly fell flat.

Yup Sarra......this was the first from Asad's den....and yup it has already created euphoria.......I feel ...if the hysteria continues......then he will be tamed :( :shoc
k:

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-05, 23:44

pollyanna wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

Yup Sarra......this was the first from Asad's den....and yup it has already created euphoria.......I feel ...if the hysteria continues......then he will be tamed :( :shoc
k:

Ok so it has created a big backlash, it's a shame 4lions don't just ignore some of the online reactions, but Asad is a different type of character to ASR and I wud say he wud really need to b at his wits end and very very something, can't get the word I am looking for lol, to do something like that cause his character while judgemental still has been shown to respect females and it's not something he is going to do often

I caught KSG on SBS ugh wats with the growing a beard? It's not even stubble making him look good, though you probably love the0love the look on him being your asli pyar

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-02-05, 23:57

@KSG :Grrrrrr Sarra........ Evil or Very Mad

@Slap: i wud rather not make it a gender issue....but a reaction from a human being caught in a bloody TOUGH situation: his mom is dying and at least as of now he thinks the culprit is Zoya.....BAS!!!!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-02-06, 00:02

pollyanna wrote:@KSG :Grrrrrr Sarra........ Evil or Very Mad

@Slap: i wud rather not make it a gender issue....but a reaction from a human being caught in a bloody TOUGH situation: his mom is dying and at least as of now he thinks the culprit is Zoya.....BAS!!!!!

Acha u don't like KSGs look either good to know :lol:

The morcha s make it a gender issue, he has seen all the other stuff she ends up in and the mess she lands people in and herself and this time he sees the result on his mother

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:25

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum