Latest topics

AA:It’s a tough fight against the original IPK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AA:It’s a tough fight against the original IPK

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-18, 09:58

Avinash Sachdev, who won many hearts as the sweet and simple Dev from Chhoti Bahu, is now making a comeback as the bad boy Shlok in the sequel to Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. The return, however, hasn’t received a warm welcome exactly, with fans of the original show hurling severe criticism at him.

Avinash is well aware of the negative reactions. He says, “When Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon was on air, I was busy with Chhoti Bahu. So I didn’t have the time to watch the show but I was always aware of its popularity. The other day I checked the fan reactions to our promo and there were 80,000 views and around 2,000 dislikes. It did take me by surprise at first even though I knew that fans are extremely attached to the original cast. But all I can say is that my role is different from what I have heard Barun Sobti played in the original.”

While fans are demanding that the show title be changed, Avinash says that the show was destined to be called Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir and feels that the title suits perfectly. He says, “When I started shooting for the show in January, it was called something else. Then in April we were given the same set that was used for the original. As the story went forward, the team and channel realised that this show would be a perfect sequel to the original.”

Speaking about his character Shlok Agnihotri, Avinash says that this is the kind of role that he dreamt of playing since the time he entered the industry. “My previous roles have given me this good boy image but I always wanted to play the bad guy. Shlok is rude, dominating and a male chauvinist. So he is both the hero and villain of the show.” But playing bad hasn’t come easy to the actor. “Either my jaw begins to hurt hurting or I end up with a headache as I have to hold Shlok’s bad boy expressions for hours together,” Avinash says.
Barun quit the show to pursue a career in Bollywood leading to the show going off air. Avinash, however, insists that he would never go back on his commitment. “Tomorrow, if I am offered a film I won’t leave my shows midway. I respect my work and profession enough to not do such a thing.” While Avinash says that he tries to live his roles in real life, there are times when he needs a break to get away from it all. “When I am not shooting, I am mostly in my make-up room. But when I need a break I manage to hide myself in such a way that even the assistant directors cannot find me,” he says with a laugh. Avinash continues, “If I manage to get a longer break, I like driving to Lonavala with my friends and when they are busy, I don’t mind travelling alone.”

Avinash, who continues to be on the receiving end of brickbats, says that he has always been immune to negativity. He says, “I can neither take stress not can I fight with anyone. People who know me are aware that whenever there is a fight or a negative situation, I just prefer to back off from the situation. I totally believe in a live-and-let-live policy.”

The actor has completed eight years in the industry and says that the journey has been a fruitful one. “When I came to Mumbai eight years ago, I never expected to be this successful. For shows I have been to South Africa six times, West Indies three times and so many other countries. The affection that people have showered on me is amazing. I never expected people in West Indies to watch Hindi television shows.”

The actor has been dating his Chhoti Bahu co-star Rubina Dilaik for a long time now but he says that there are no immediate plans of joining hands for one more show anytime soon. Both the actors have been open about their relationship in the past, so it was surprising to see Avinash not too keen to talk about it now. When probed about his marriage plans, he said, “I would rather not discuss my personal life.” So be it then!

credits Asian Age 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: AA:It’s a tough fight against the original IPK

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-19, 11:34

Barun quit the show to pursue a career in Bollywood leading to the show going off air. Avinash, however, insists that he would never go back on his commitment. “Tomorrow, if I am offered a film I won’t leave my shows midway. I respect my work and profession enough to not do such a thing.”

@ Bold - I don’t have any problems with IPK2 or Avinash-Shrenu but this line by Avinash did not go down well with me. Everyone have their own choices & everything depends on what gives one creative satisfaction, some get it from working in the same project for a long time like Avinash while some like Barun like to do different roles for getting creative satisfaction.

This doesn’t mean either Avinash or Barun has less respect for his profession. To say he respects his profession as he is not going to leave shows mid-way when he knows that Barun left IPK, he is implying that Barun does not respect his profession. Avinash could have added that its his thinking & he has nothing those who think otherwise.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-19, 11:45

Agree with you Shilps...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-19, 11:49

archie_79 wrote:Barun quit the show to pursue a career in Bollywood leading to the show going off air. Avinash, however, insists that he would never go back on his commitment. “Tomorrow, if I am offered a film I won’t leave my shows midway. I respect my work and profession enough to not do such a thing.”

@ Bold - I don’t have any problems with IPK2 or Avinash-Shrenu but this line by Avinash did not go down well with me. Everyone have their own choices & everything depends on what gives one creative satisfaction, some get it from working in the same project for a long time like Avinash while some like Barun like to do different roles for getting creative satisfaction.

This doesn’t mean either Avinash or Barun has less respect for his profession. To say he respects his profession as he is not going to leave shows mid-way when he knows that Barun left IPK, he is implying that Barun does not respect his profession. Avinash could have added that its his thinking & he has nothing those who think otherwise.
absolutely agreed shilps ........ by the way do I disagree with u anyway until now , hun?

as for me , I hinted u that there r airs of superiority the way he plus the others r promoting this new show .......when he chooses to speak that 'this time story is grander' ............. if going through the normal tv actor routine, they hardly watch the other actors' show unless it is somehow related to them personally ............. so that means AA must have also been a fan of our ipk that he knows the depth of that story and moreover promises grander script this time............ or does he knows the whole story of new story beforehand that he speak such thing , don't we know that how much flexible is indian tv shows' script?

If the show is grander in terms of set designs or financial expenses , then it completely shows that they r too much materialistic ppl and r hell bent on destroying simplicity of ipk by terming themselves grand...........

all I  wud like to say is , do not speak too much when u don't even have started delivering ur work   ........ might cause problem in near future

coming to ur actual inclination shilps, if u keep on doing every crappy stuffs loaded on the name of script then u will seem pathetic more than a professional man respecting ur work......... obviously this shows that tv actors r not forced to b treated as dummies but they themselves want the same too............ u must b satisfied of what u did or what u want to do for u r not a slave of either ur audience or ur contracter ......... every statement have two aspects , n I sense MR AA has not enlightened this one in his own statement :)

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-19, 12:03

all I wud love to say to AA is everybody has their own sort of choices and to justify urself u must not intend to let someone else down............ just work hard and have faith in urself , ur work will speak for u not ur words will do the same for ur work

so don't mess up words and work ............. might b a 'khatarnak bombastic combination'

and as I told u guys , look at this , he only knows that ipk and the character played by barun was immensely popular despite him not catching up the show that much but he dare to openly say the story is grander ............. this crystal-clearly clears the air right?

and the show was on floors since jan, the sets of ipk was provided on April thus finally at last month show's name gets ipk's brand........ hun?

do he believes audience to b blind or brainless , hun?

we definitely can understand the hidden truth, that it was designed to ape up ipk , thus work started on January, sets provided on April and finally franchise used for creating buzz no?

I bet that , I don't know either it is 'destined' to b ipk's shadow or not but definitely it was 'designed' to b the one............ just wait for the destiny since it will b decided by the fate of the show which still is uncertain even after  being linked to sth so certain :)

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-19, 12:20

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:Barun quit the show to pursue a career in Bollywood leading to the show going off air. Avinash, however, insists that he would never go back on his commitment. “Tomorrow, if I am offered a film I won’t leave my shows midway. I respect my work and profession enough to not do such a thing.”

absolutely agreed shilps ........ by the way do I disagree with u anyway until now , hun?

as for me , I hinted u that there r airs of superiority the way he plus the others r promoting this new show .......when he chooses to speak that 'this time story is grander' ............. if going through the normal tv actor routine, they hardly watch the other actors' show unless it is somehow related to them personally ............. so that means AA must have also been a fan of our ipk that he knows the depth of that story and moreover promises grander script this time............ or does he knows the whole story of new story beforehand that he speak such thing , don't we know that how much flexible is indian tv shows' script?

If the show is grander in terms of set designs or financial expenses , then it completely shows that they r too much materialistic ppl and r hell bent on destroying simplicity of ipk by terming themselves grand...........

all I  wud like to say is , do not speak too much when u don't even have started delivering ur work   ........ might cause problem in near future

coming to ur actual inclination shilps, if u keep on doing every crappy stuffs loaded on the name of script then u will seem pathetic more than a professional man respecting ur work......... obviously this shows that tv actors r not forced to b treated as dummies but they themselves want the same too............ u must b satisfied of what u did or what u want to do for u r not a slave of either ur audience or ur contracter ......... every statement have two aspects , n I sense MR AA has not enlightened this one in his own statement :)
@ Vi & Aasudi, Thanks for agreeing with me

@ Aasudi, it’s a good thing to have confidence in urself. We don’t know maybe he has been promised that it will be grander than IPK as logically thinking, Sphere Origins PH will defo spend more money on the show than 4-L could. Reg. the script being grander, we will have to wait & see, I wont comment on that right now.

I don’t have any problem if he wants to keep on doing the same stuff for a long time, its his personal choice. What I did not like is his indirectly putting down of the actors who leave shows to join BW, even Rajeev Khandelval & SSR left shows to join BW, so he is implying that all these did not have respect for their profession too. Barun, at least, left for heath issues, as is clear from his latest IV.

All I can say is sometimes one needs to let the work do the talking.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-19, 12:31

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:

@ Vi & Aasudi, Thanks for agreeing with me

@ Aasudi, it’s a good thing to have confidence in urself. We don’t know maybe he has been promised that it will be grander than IPK as logically thinking, Sphere Origins PH will defo spend more money on the show than 4-L could. Reg. the script being grander, we will have to wait & see, I wont comment on that right now.

I don’t have any problem if he wants to keep on doing the same stuff for a long time, its his personal choice. What I did not like is his indirectly putting down of the actors who leave shows to join BW, even Rajeev Khandelval & SSR left shows to join BW, so he is implying that all these did not have respect for their profession too. Barun, at least, left for heath issues, as is clear from his latest IV.

All I can say is sometimes one needs to let the work do the talking.
yes shilpa u r right on not commenting on story's grand avatar but neither i did that .......... i just speak on what he said revolving around the circumstances .............if we r not to compare the story b4 the show starts then how can he do the same, i said that .............. and i was talking about attitude towards the show not exactly or literally to the unfolded story....... i just said how can he say story is grander? not that i said he can not say story is grander

and talking about confidence 'sanaya too was confident about CC in its initial days, that is turned to b  over confidence due to the show's failure and her over-reactive behavior with respect to the failure ......... i fear sth that sort of will happen here too ........... so i only said that let ur work speak for u not use words to make ur work speak ..........

and i don't have problem if an actor wants to continue a show even after 10 years of its continuation just don't disrespect-ishly speak about other who don't do the same

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-19, 12:43

@Aasudi - Agree with u totally on everything
I would also wish to say the same thing, let the work speak. SI made the blunder with CC, she was too over-confident & see now the result is CC going off-air. Maybe this is a one-off thing with Avinash, lets see the show, how he performs.

Which is y I always admire Barun, he never takes digs at anyone. Even in SI-FK matter, he only spoke about his experience with SI in IPK but did not comment on CC behavior of SI. That’s because he did not know anything about it, hence he did not comment.

I would have had no problem if Avinash had mentioned that its his thinking & others might feel it differently. But he spoke about respecting one’s profession, which I did not like. You cannot generalize everyone in the same way, some leave shows abruptly without giving any notice like the old Ayaan actor which is disrespecting the profession while some give ample notice like BS, SSR & RK

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-08-19, 13:31

agree shilps

dont touch  barun - restricted area

u can act in sastha and any namoona- if we wish we will watch 

but dont dare touch our weaknessss 

grrr 

he said they stared shooting in january 

how come

so shooting must be over by now

the makers are confused since beginning

The makers are shooting since January

The makers got slot 6 pm

Kya hoga iss bache ka 

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-19, 14:48

archie_79 wrote:@Aasudi - Agree with u totally on everything
I would also wish to say the same thing, let the work speak. SI made the blunder with CC, she was too over-confident & see now the result is CC going off-air. Maybe this is a one-off thing with Avinash, lets see the show, how he performs.

Which is y I always admire Barun, he never takes digs at anyone. Even in SI-FK matter, he only spoke about his experience with SI in IPK but did not comment on CC behavior of SI. That’s because he did not know anything about it, hence he did not comment.

I would have had no problem if Avinash had mentioned that its his thinking & others might feel it differently. But he spoke about respecting one’s profession, which I did not like. You cannot generalize everyone in the same way, some leave shows abruptly without giving any notice like the old Ayaan actor which is disrespecting the profession while some give ample notice like BS, SSR & RK
exactly shilpa , the feeling is mutual

if only he had mentioned the statement as his personal preference rather than mahatmic-gyan on how one should respect their profession

our sobti always said that ,'ASR is ASR the way it is written in paper ' ,doesn't this defines his respect to the profession or not ?

and if fulfilling commitment or contract means respecting ur profession, then too i don't think BS didn't do that ......... otherwise  he should have been behind the bars for breaching the contract no? :) 

lets free our mind from business issue and come to AA's point of serving audience with heart , then too i don't find  BS has disregarded or disrespected his fans or followers in any manner......... in fact he has not expressed any grudges or disrespects towards any damn person either directly or indirectly  ......... so after all this is he the man who doesn't respects his profession, just because he chooses to take a break or leave ?

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-19, 14:53

clarissasham wrote:agree shilps

dont touch  barun - restricted area

u can act in sastha and any namoona- if we wish we will watch 

but dont dare touch our weaknessss 

grrr 

he said they stared shooting in january 

how come

so shooting must be over by now

the makers are confused since beginning

The makers are shooting since January

The makers got slot 6 pm

Kya hoga iss bache ka 
hello shammi dear

@blue  Thumbsup  , we have enough of looking down/low  to barun by every new person trying to fit themselves in his shoes somehow ............ if they have to hear to the extent barun have to, then definitely they wud have respected him for how he reacts to his criticism .......... my gentleman mango-man i love u dear Starry Love

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum