Latest topics

ILKDM # 17 : Disjointed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM # 17 : Disjointed

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-20, 13:33

The episode that  gave us an insight into workings of  Jalal's mind, how the events are shaping him up and how delightfully did it start by surrounding the King in Chess just as Jalal was surrounded by enemies and detractor's  and just as  the king was rescued  , So was Jalal.

Coming Back to the episode , Ruq has made her moves and thinks she has outwitted and won the match from  Jodha, but just when she begins to strut , Just at the moment when Jalal can beam beatifically , Thunderbolt Strikes !! A melodious voice springs from the bowel's of Earth , Pointing out that so intent was Ruqs in capturing her prey that she left herself unarmed, unprotected and a delectable morsel for the other hunter's.. Swiftly moves the huntress , Giving the much needed  'Check' to the over weening Arrogance of the Mughal Sultanat , effectively bringing them Crash landing with a effective thud !!

## Two cultures at logger heads, One culture that is on ascendent eager to swipe out the religion that it has supposedly conquered with its might , only to be reminded that the tradition and culture is so strong that innumerable seizes can never defeat nor confine it and in their eagerness to obliterate other religion, never to stop caring and nourishing for their own, for in their eagerness to dominate, they might themself end up getting dominated..

Abandoning the metaphorical plane and descending to  the  episode.. The game highlighted the essential difference of the two queens, one appears to be a thinker, intelligent, plots out each and every dot before connecting them , Another seems to be impulsive, emotional, prone to hasty judgement but when chips are down, She is the calmer one, her sight set on the goal as well as on the surrounding keeping an eye lest there is a attack from unseen quarter. intelligent, reasoning and analytical..A quiet assassin rather than a loud clown !! 

As the game of Chess concludes , The game of courtship continues unabated , narrowed eyes that is bravely trying hide the wrath of losing to Jodha, the clenched Jaw manfully struggling to contain the chagrin of losing so ignominiously to a girl who obviously has lost he everything except for her dignity, her pride, her confidence..Jalal  calls out for  Jodha, Jodha mindful of the proprieties of the court , obediently goes up to him, She is given the royal edict which declares her to be the winner and  hands to her the right to have her one wish fulfilled ..True to the Rajaputani spirit, Jodha politely declines  the offer and says that she played to keep the  dignity of  the King with the blessings of her father, mother, brother and grandmother.

##  I liked this segment for many things, One .. the simple but effective portrayal of  Ruqaiyya  begum retiring behind the screen, her influence decreasing and she becoming the past but not lost as she still remains a powerful shadow player *since she is sitting on par with Jalal* , Second, the slow and steady movement of Jodha towards Jalal has begun..Not only will he enter her life but more importantly, Jodha will pierce through that battle hardened shell and find the man within .

Two.. While Raja Bharmal, Rani Menawati were Bapusa , Masa, Bhaisa and Dadisa to Jodha , Jalal remained Shahenshah, Her Ruler but not yet ruled by him !!  She lsitens to him but does not hear him, His voice lost in the cacophony of rumours/ tall tales but her steps are taking her towards him, the noses will begin to  reduce and she will be left only with the voice of Shahenshah who will be her true ruler then.

Third... The character of Jalal, He has lost mightily but not a frown  dares to walk over his face when he addresses Jodha, The voice is measured, devoid of all emotions, as he summons the victor towards his august presence .. A man who has become a king, who will dispense justice even were it to cost him.. Jalal has begun to grow.

What constituted this Jalal, what made him tick?? How did he become a trained Killer .. We had  a glimpse of it today .. A young boy who was not a child but a pawn, a obstacle that had to be removed ..It was chilling to hear the same child say that he was not crying out of pain for his wound ...For such fortitude does not come before youth and to see a young boy not only wounded and bleeding indicating that in incurring that wound, he also had blood on his hands implying that he was already a killer ..is quite a chilling thought  yet amidst that carnage , tears emerge to cleanse him , tears  showing a heart that is ticking but is growing feeble ..  Jalal is a disjointed man in the sense  he believes in killing yet he is merciful, he believes in dominance yet gives space , he thinks he is cruel but his heart knows forgiveness , He says he has no heart nonetheless  a child's innocent voice can get it beating..

Hmmm...So Jalal is adamant on the fact that he will get Jodha to accept the farman ...I am inclined to believe that this time around Jalal will have his way..  With Moti heading for a doomed destiny, it will require that farman to get her back again and Jodha with no other option would have to make use of the very farman she disdained ..Sometimes Pride can be injurious to your ego !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 17 : Disjointed

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-20, 14:13

Ahh.....the lyrical words are back again!!!! party4  

5 minutes scene and u found out so many gems!!! Loved it Sathu....Ruks as shadow player and Jodha taking steps to take charge....WOW!!! bounce 

As I said earlier, me feels Jodha says Shehenshah ke maan ke liye to put up a facade in front of her parents that she is indeed very happy in her marriage and is accepting all the rituals/traditions Wink

I loved Jalal-kid scene , also that loud ADHAM despite the tears few moments back.....

Jalal is a layered character and EK is indeed doing a good job at showcasing his various traits before he turns into Akbar, goes a long way to prove to the viewers that the foundation of a just and mighty king was laid much before, rite in childhood.....

I agree, Jodha's chant of krur jallad needs to be arrested but not cut short, hopefully we get to see the gradual change in her, and thank God, she did not witness the kind Jalal.

Jalal's ego has to be larger than life, after all he is the shehenshah of 16th century....but more than farmaan being used, i want it to act as a catalyst to show the difference in character for both Jodha-Jalal and question their judgementabout each other ---a monologue will do.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-20, 15:42

pollyanna wrote:Ahh.....the lyrical words are back again!!!! party4  

5 minutes scene and u found out so many gems!!! Loved it Sathu....Ruks as shadow player and Jodha taking steps to take charge....WOW!!! bounce 

As I said earlier, me feels Jodha says Shehenshah ke maan ke liye to put up a facade in front of her parents that she is indeed very happy in her marriage and is accepting all the rituals/traditions Wink

I loved Jalal-kid scene , also that loud ADHAM despite the tears few moments back.....

Jalal is a layered character and EK is indeed doing a good job at showcasing his various traits before he turns into Akbar, goes a long way to prove to the viewers that the foundation of a just and mighty king was laid much before, rite in childhood.....

I agree, Jodha's chant of krur jallad needs to be arrested but not cut short, hopefully we get to see the gradual change in her, and thank God, she did not witness the kind Jalal.

Jalal's ego has to be larger than life, after all he is the shehenshah of 16th century....but more than farmaan being used, i want it to act as a catalyst to show the difference in character for both Jodha-Jalal and question their judgementabout each other ---a monologue will do.

Pallo,

If her intention was to show tht all is well, then she should have accepted the farman too..but she declined

Me too liked the fact tht she did not see the Kind Jalal, it would have been too pat, too cliched..time is not ripe for it..

But I did not like tht Jalal Zindabad naara ..seemed as if Union leaders were shouting it.. would have been more regal had the Announcer announced  Jalal's arrival and all bowed waist deep in silent reverence..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-20, 16:13

Sathu....lolzzz..seriously that naara was so out of place.....I am reading "the twentieth wife" where its mentioned  categorically that Akbar's arrival was announced by a person and then everyone bowed waist deep......agar waisa nahi kar sakte toh at least play Jalal's BG...thats so NICE Wink 

she declined farman.....coz usse kisi bhi cheez ki chahat OR ichhcha nahi hai....that made Rajput clan more happy and seena aur chauda ho gaya Bharmal ji ka....She is so content and happy with her life after marriage Wink  (Yeh angle bhi toh ho sakta hai, she wants to portray to her parents)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-20, 17:34

pollyanna wrote:Sathu....lolzzz..seriously that naara was so out of place.....I am reading "the twentieth wife" where its mentioned  categorically that Akbar's arrival was announced by a person and then everyone bowed waist deep......agar waisa nahi kar sakte toh at least play Jalal's BG...thats so NICE Wink 

she declined farman.....coz usse kisi bhi cheez ki chahat OR ichhcha nahi hai....that made Rajput clan more happy and seena aur chauda ho gaya Bharmal ji ka....She is so content and happy with her life after marriage Wink  (Yeh angle bhi toh ho sakta hai, she wants to portray to her parents)
Tht BG is powerful ..It could have done the job too ..

Haayi.. you are making her into Meera bai !!!! DON'TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  !!!! I beg of you !!!!!  Mujhe nahi chahiye SP heroine in Zee TV !!!!!  I donno re..I am not convinced f of that, It was more like Rajputani  Ego asserting its independence , its free will ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-08-21, 08:28

indeed a very good post tanthya... loved it....Thumbsup ... U always have diff perspectives n thats a treat to read & its very informative too...

1. Loved how you describe the chess scene n qualities between the 2 queens.... But i just do not get one thing, how did Jodha have 2 moves n win it....Question ...

2. Loved that scene too that ruqaiyya retires to her place n jodha moving closer to Jalal... It was nice how you explain it....

3. I just dun get one thing Tanthya why did she decline tha farman... N one more thing how Queen Meenawati was unable to judge that her daughter is indeed not happy but pretending to be happy...Question 

3. Loved the flashback scene of Jalal.. It was good they are showing what makes Jalal Today....

4. Seems like farman being used for moti Bai is high... but still i prefer her not to use it once declines....Rolling Eyes .....

long hug

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-21, 10:32

Loved reading u Tants hug1 

I liked how u explained the past of Jalal.. Loved it

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:42