Latest topics

Lootera gave me a good start: Vikrant Massey - TOI

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lootera gave me a good start: Vikrant Massey - TOI

Post by Maria J on 2013-08-21, 13:28

Lootera gave me a good start: Vikrant Massey

After being praised for his acting in 'Lootera', Vikrant Massey is looking forward to a bigger innings in films. 

Having gained popularity on TV in serials like Balika Vadhu, Baba Aiso Var Dhoondho and Qubool Hai, Vikrant, who was in Lucknow recently, says, "A lot of things have changed around me after the movie, though I haven't changed a bit. People around me have changed completely. For example, after the film's release, log mujhe ab ek film star ki nazar se dekhne lage hain. And kuchh log jo mujhe pehle mudh ke bhi nahi dekhte thay, aaj woh samne se aake 'hi and hello' karte hain. Unfortunately, that is how everyone functions today. But I'm really happy with my work in Lootera; critics have loved my work and the industry has loved it too. It is a good start but it is just the B of the beginning."

Vikrant is overwhelmed by the response, as he didn't expect his role to be such a hit. "Honestly, maine aisa response expect nahi kiya tha. After the film was completed, the post production took a lot of time, during which I actually forgot about it. I was surprised, happy and overwhelmed by the response I got after it released," he says. Vikrant tells us he's getting good offers from Bollywood and he has already bagged two big projects. "I am being offered roles that I want to do. Though I played a supporting role in Lootera, I am mostly getting offers for leads. But if you see in a broader perspective, aaj-kal movies mein koi lead ya parallel lead jaisa concept nahi hai. It is the story that matters and that is the real hero of a film." 

Coming back to Vikrant's first love, TV, his on-air serial QuboolHai, earned a lot of flak from the Information & Broadcasting Ministry for its content. However, Vikrant has a different take on the intervention of the I&B Ministry on the content on TV. 

"People in the I&B Ministry apne slumber se uthate hain, do a little work and then disappear. I am not saying that content wise their decisions have been wrong. Har cheez ki limit hona bahut zaroori hai. But woh abhi tak toh hum khud hi decide karte thay on TV. If there are rules, toh fir woh sabhi ke liye ek samaan hone chahiye. The rules and regulations should be standardized. The I&B Ministry at their own convenience can't pick and choose content in serials. We have weird commercials with a lot of objectionable content running on TV post 11 pm but nothing has been done to stop them?"

Credit: Times of India

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Re: Lootera gave me a good start: Vikrant Massey - TOI

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-21, 13:41

Way to Go Vikrant!!!!cheers 

Wish u all the best in life !!!!bounce 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-21, 14:00

Another of those breed who belongs to  'CONTENT' is the King Camp.. !!

I hope  THEY RULE !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum