Latest topics

ILKDM # 18 : Angoor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM # 18 : Angoor

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-22, 12:14

The episode seems to be focusing on the aspects of what went into the Making of Akbar , If on the previous occasion, we got to see His empathy with a destitute  Child leading to reversal of a judgement, then we saw the very king livid with rage on hearing the news of a Male in his Harem, ogling at his women !!  BUT ....

It Must be  trying to have  a bevy of women  settled in a mahal and keep them all satiated , content at the same time  manage to keep the outsider from trying to lay his paws on one of his conquest, That the King has a battalion of eunuchs who guard the fortress  must be  a small piece of consolation, yet one news of  a foreign male in the boudoir , Has the King hastily rushing towards the female quarters , to flush out the intruder..

##Without  having any intention of demeaning the King and his feelings,  I would like to say, His behavior and  may be the precedent for all the guards reminded me  of the love life of Seals ! There is a young seal who has 2-3 wifes and just when he is relaxing  , lording it over his wife's , basking in their admiration, Wife  # 3 spots a virile , hunky Seal and waddles up to him, where she begins to admire his Abs, his whiskers  raptly, naturally boosted by that open admiration, the young  virile Seal reciprocates , The Husband meanwhile discovers the perfidy of wife # 3 , scans the  horizon, discovers her ogling at the young seal, roaring in anger, he waddles faster , engages in a duel which is more of who out roars and does many a feints and walks away with Wife # 3 , his honor restored ,,ONLY to discover that wife # 2 has found  a virile young man of her own and is busy casting coquettish eyes on him, Lo, Once again, Our Seal goes to do battle with the interloper... Such was the case of Jalal and pardon me if  instead of getting tensed, I was tickled by his reactions..

Throwing away the frivolities aside, it says much for the stock of women that they were considered Vital possessions !! The reaction of  the King is not an anger that stems out of betrayal nor the fear of losing a loved one, it was more like , How dare anybody raise their eyes to look at my trophy or  The nerve of the woman to seek love and companion from another male when in my troupe..  Then, was it mere pride that was seeking assuaging, No, It was also the the marking of territory and  exercising of power, A cuckolded King will be a laughing stock , a object of ridicule. Were he not to take proactive action against the offender, then the King would be thought of as soft touch , who does not evoke respect or  fear .. Fear, respect, loyalty and allegiance are needed  for a king to rule over his land, one weak spot and he will be hunted by the pack of hyenas.. Jalal has been trained by Bairam Khan, a able general who was well versed with battle tactics, he has given everything to  Jalal, Jalal also has gleaned from Maham Anga, The knowledge, teachings, from this two canny brains has been assimilated and processed by Jalal who possesses a far superior brain.He will not allow the slightest crack on his domination ...But at the same time, he is fair minded enough to give Moti Bai a chance to plead her case instead of hurrying along with punishment  .. It is on such edifice that a Kingdom is built !!

As said previously, Ruqs seem to be the kind of woman who seems to leave her flanks unprotected  when she has a goal in sight, The huntress became a toothless tigress when confronted by the Rhino hide Maham Anga, who derisively  propeled Ruqs towards Jalal's chamber to disclose the truth , The Smartest chess player of Mughal Sultanat is outwitted yet again by a mere servant !!  The scene though served to illuminate the traits  of Jalal, A man who abhors  Lies, deception and dishonesty, He does not like craftiness and does not suffer liars or opportunists silently  even if they were his near and dear one's !!  The fact that Ruqs maintains a still tongue  accentuates  this trait of Jalal most effectively for she knows that She might be his Mallika- E- Khas  but  her cunning nature might cause her a great deal of harm.. Yet again, Ruqs attempt to dominate and rule over Maham Anga fails , Will Jodha Succeed where Ruqs has failed ??

The return of Shaguni Bai, I felt like  giving out a whoop when I heard  'hoom,kreem shreem'   err, is that the only mantra that Shaguni Bai knows ??  There she came, 70mm screen phadkar *just kidding*.. to highlight the vital fact that the tottering relationship is actually taking baby steps and will be taking flying leaps in no time  !!  we also got to know that Menavati is not fooled by the  'Abhinay' of Jalal and Jodha * Darn, Jo and J must polish their acting skills * on the contrary, she has fooled Jo into thinking that SHE thinks everything is well between Jo and J.. This also explains the constant positive reinforcement that Menavati was making about Jalal and the mask a queen has to wear , the mask that her subject decides she should wear, here too Jodha had decided that her parents ought to return happy and  satisfied , Menavti accordingly dawned the mask of happiness n left for Amer , After dispensing her wisdom, The words yet a puzzle to the fiery girl with volatile temperament but a time will come when she will mull over those words

.. The Misunderstanding an hatred built over time in Jodha's heart will not dissipate fast but a refreshing breeze is needed to blow those clouds away, Menavati was being that breeze..will her unfinished job be carried on by destiny .. Yes, if we take Shaguni's bai's  prophecy into account .

Adham Khan, Now what can one say about this depraved human .. His effrontery is crossing the limits day by day , intoxicated by the juice of fermented grapes , He has crossed his limits many a time , Teh latest one will or would have helped in securing the removal of his swollen head from his rather well built up torso but the result of transgression does not seem to have sunk into his madeira numbed brain. His arrogance is increasing and so is his disdain as his thirst for wearing the crown of Mughal Sultanat increases  .. Jalal has been a forbearing brother while Maham Anga has been a effective shield but how long  can he be sheltered, Adham Khan seems to be in a race, a race to get himself killed.

This post would be incomplete without the mention of Reshma , the eunuch helper of Maham Anga, Vicious, cruel, with a flair for dramatics , loyal , vindictive ..The actor portraying Reshma bring all these and much more to the fore ..  SHE is a presence who cannot be missed even when she is silent !!

P:S

This past week  the track has been on the make up of Jalal .. I think it would do well to include  the personal equation of Jodha and Jalal into the broth .. not as how Jodha's words  go in the way of turning hm into Akbar but rather as to how her words/his reaction go in the way of making  them into a couple.. Too much of politics, palace intrigues without the personal equation can lead to boredom !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 18 : Angoor

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-22, 12:26

Sathu......an awesome post once again...with that trademark humour(seals ka raasleela :lol!: 

Must agree, jalal is one busy man when in Agra :P  but yeah ...the past couple of episodes are highlighting his traits, u have worded it so beautifully :) 

Ruks-MA, i loved the way MA put her in the spot......

Sathu, Shaguni bai nahi ho toh apni menavati will be hyper--vati......but like she said.....guess her experienced eyes did not miss the acting put up by the green horns--Jo-Ja

Thanks a million for the post Sathu, was really feeling bored and ur posts act a booster-dose.

why Angoor?? is it up for discussion??? KBC ishtyle Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-22, 12:39

pollyanna wrote:Sathu......an awesome post once again...with that trademark humour(seals ka raasleela :lol!: 

Must agree, jalal is one busy man when in Agra :P  but yeah ...the past couple of episodes are highlighting his traits, u have worded it so beautifully :) 

Ruks-MA, i loved the way MA put her in the spot......

Sathu, Shaguni bai nahi ho toh apni menavati will be hyper--vati......but like she said.....guess her experienced eyes did not miss the acting put up by the green horns--Jo-Ja

Thanks a million for the post Sathu, was really feeling bored and ur posts act a booster-dose.

why Angoor?? is it up for discussion??? KBC ishtyle Wink

Kamini , Tumhari aankhen sirf  Rasleela par hi tikhti hai !!!:P :P :P

Yes, it is more on Jalal, The learning curve should alternate between Jodha and Jalal .. It was not just Jalal, even Jodha had to do many a learning and understanding before she could and would thaw towards Jalal ... The process has to be gradual and slow .. and should be ongoing rather than suddenly having a track where  it is Jodha's turn to learn all the lessons in 5 days !!

Menavati is  a mother and such trickery's get picked up easily..  Mother's get gulled when dealing with the negative traits of their progeny, their heart simply refuses to believe the truth.

Me too..  There was Ruqs , smirking and gloating   informing Maham Anga about her son's temerity with vicarious pleasure , I thought Maham will succumb  but no, she neatly turns the tables on Ruqs , whats more openly asserts that none can harm even a hair of Adham !! Loved the thundering voice of Ashwini... !!

Why Angoor.. ??  give me ur  thinking ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-22, 12:54

I knew that Twisted Evil 

old habits die hard and of course u wont let it die and are always up to find any opening like jalal Wink 

ok....why angoor?? first tell me---

sour or sweet?
seed or seedless?
black or green?

Just the jokings :P :cry: 

let me think if at all I can....Rolling Eyes

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-22, 13:02

pollyanna wrote:I knew that Twisted Evil 

old habits die hard and of course u wont let it die and are always up to find any opening like jalal Wink 

ok....why angoor?? first tell me---

sour or sweet?
seed or seedless?
black or green?

Just the jokings :P :cry: 

let me think if at all I can....Rolling Eyes

You Can, I know, You Can !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-22, 14:23

Are u connecting this angoor with the old movie which had Deven verma/Sanjeev Kumar?

or is it the anti-oxidant property of angoor which is referred to ? 

Gosh!!! Never knew...things can go so difficult for a daily soap :(

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-22, 14:47

I will read and comment once D starts playing nice with me again :cry: i havnt even managed to watch this week's episodes as yet...bad all around.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-22, 16:46

pollyanna wrote:Are u connecting this angoor with the old movie which had Deven verma/Sanjeev Kumar?

or is it the anti-oxidant property of angoor which is referred to ? 

Gosh!!! Never knew...things can go so difficult for a daily soap :(

That was the ulti kaamidy !! loved Deven Verma

Apart from tht , I am not opening my mouth

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-22, 18:07

Nice post Tants.. angoor fermented, interesting title, a by product of fermenting is the creation of carbon dioxide.. he is poisoning himself trying to get the necter.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-22, 18:11

sarra0 wrote:Nice post Tants.. angoor fermented, interesting title, a by product of fermenting is the creation of carbon dioxide.. he is poisoning himself trying to get the necter.

Too Much Decoding !! Par accha Laga :heart:

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-22, 18:16

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Nice post Tants.. angoor fermented, interesting title, a by product of fermenting is the creation of carbon dioxide.. he is poisoning himself trying to get the necter.
Tum humain majboor karte ho dimaag istamaal karne ke liye.. ab yeh toh huna he tha...creative ideas...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-22, 18:24

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Tum humain majboor karte ho dimaag istamaal karne ke liye.. ab yeh toh huna he tha...creative ideas...
Ghoom Phirakar  , Ungli mujhe pe hi uttadhi... I should have known  !!bounce bounce

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-22, 18:26

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Ghoom Phirakar  , Ungli mujhe pe hi uttadhi... I should have known  !!bounce bounce
Pyar joh kiya hain, nibana toh pare ga Twisted Evil 

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-22, 18:42

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Too Much Decoding !! Par accha Laga :heart:
Pyar joh kiya hain, nibana toh pare ga Twisted Evil 
Flirty RK banja , Obsessed SRK mat ban... Wink Wink :P :P

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-08-25, 09:20

Angoor matlab gtapes?
Sour grapes?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down