Latest topics

Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 10:56




Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev


Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Aug 23, 2013, 12.00 AM IST






On his birthday today, Avinash Sachdev has been facing a lot of flak for his portrayal of Shlok Agnihotri in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon — Ek Baar Phir. He speaks to CT about playing a male chauvinist, comparisons with Barun Sobti, facing the ire of the fans of original show, and the promo of the show making a history itself.

Buzz is that you were set to replace Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND)?
Yes, I had auditioned and was even finalized. But then the show went off air.

How did you land the role of Shlok Agnihotri?
When I auditioned for this show in January, nobody knew that this show would be called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir. My character was that of a good guy and the look was also very different. When we started shooting in April, my character changed to that of a male chauvinist. Then also the names doing the rounds were Iss Dil Ka Kya Karoon, Darde Dil etc. Only last week I came to know that it is being called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir.

What attracted you to the show initially?
It was a love story. It was a show which focused on my character rather than on my mother or wife. Though the story of Chhoti Bahu did not focus on me, I never imagined it would get me such fame. And here, the story revolves around Shlok and Aastha Kirloskar.

Tell us about your character
Shlok is a bad boy — cold and rude. He is a dynamic business tycoon, who believes he can win anything. He is sporty, adventurous, drives a Ferrari, loves to challenge himself and doesn't respect women. He hates Aastha. They are poles apart. Whenever they cross each other, Shlok's business goes for a toss and he thinks she is unlucky for him. As a negative character, I discovered a lot of things which I can do, which I hadn't done earlier. There are a lot of surprises in the show.

How is your chemistry with Shrenu Parikh?
It's been very good and we hope to keep it up. Shrenu's character mirrors her in real life. She plays a jovial and chirpy girl.

Do you hope to recreate Barun-Sanaya's chemistry?
I hope to create my own chemistry. When I signed the show, it was a different show and I gave my 100 %. Today when it is the sequel of IPKKND, I am still giving my 100%.

You reportedly questioned Barun's professionalism in leaving the show mid-way... would you never leave a show mid way, even if you are offered a big banner movie?

That's what the reporter said, it was not my comment. I told the journalist what I would have done if I was in the same situation. It was a misunderstanding and I was portrayed in a negative light. Why would I comment about Barun?

As far as I am concerned, work is work, whether it's Bollywood, Hollywood, TV or reality show. Whatever comes first will get my full commitment. While I was doing Chhoti Bahu, I was offered some films, but I did not take them up.

Have you seen the original IPKKND? I was really busy when it was on air, so much so that I didn't even get the time to watch my own show.

Are you watching it now to get an insight?
I am taking this show as I would have done with any show or had it been named anything else. Just because the names of the show are same, doesn't mean the show is similar.

Are you aware that the fans of season one want the name of this show to be changed? Yes I got a lot of tweets, and I also replied to the respected fans saying that it's not in my hand. In fact these are beyond an actor's purview. I am supposed to do my work.

Is the name of the show posing a challenge for you?
The show was already a challenge since my image is of Kalyug's Lord Krishna — as my character was in Chhoti Bahu. In this show, I am Kalyug's Raavan. I play a male chauvinist who does not respect women and believes that a woman is incomplete without a man. Now, with the name, it has become a bigger challenge.

I believe its destiny. When we started shooting in April, we didn't know that this would be a sequel. Still, we were using the shooting studio of IPKKND. Now, I am being compared to Barun and my chemistry with Shrenu is being compared to Barun and Sanaya Irani.

Now the show is on my shoulders, as I am both the bad guy and the good guy. But I am much happier with the negative role as I have done a positive for four years.

Do you think it would have been easier for you if the show was called something else?
It would have been the same. I would have put in as much hard work as I am putting now. Show ko kya naam mila hai usse mujhe koi fark nahi padta. What works for a show is the concept, script, chemistry. With the show's name being IPKKND, fans of the show are comparing me with Barun. I am sure Barun won't mind as wouldn't I. I am also getting a lot of messages from my fans. Some people are happy and some are not. I cannot make the whole world happy. I understand the emotions of the fans. When Chhoti Bahu was taken off air during its peak, my fans also felt the same. That is why its sequel was made.

I think people will watch my show if my work is good. Even if the name is different and people don't like my work, they won't see it.

Is this show an adaptation of the original or is it a sequel?
IPKKND is the concept. We are not comparing it with season 1, which was a cult show. Shlok and Aastha have a different identity. The name of the show is just a situation for the two protagonists. Somewhere in the show they would keep wondering Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

What do you think of sequels, considering that the sequel of Chhoti Bahu did not do that well?
I don't think it didn't do well. Though it had the same cast as Part 1, it did not do as well compared to Part 1. But in IPKKND — Ek Baar Phir, the cast and the plot are completely different, so I don't know what the fate of this would be. I am happy to be a part of both the sequels (Chhoti Bahu and IPKKND).

Does the reaction of the fans of the original season irk you?
If I would have been a die hard fan of a show, I would have thought that kuch na hone se behtar hai ki kuch to hai. At least IPKKND wapas aya to hai. Chal kar dekhte hain ki yeh naya banda kya karta hai. And then if I don't like the show, I won't watch it.

I understand that people get attached to a show. Since I have done a sequel, I know how it is. If Chhoti Bahu's sequel had come with any other cast, my fans would have had the same reaction. The fans are right in their way.

The promo of the show hasn't been well received...
The promo has got 88,000 views on YouTube as of yet, of which it has got 2,000 dislikes and 192 likes. This is I think a first for Indian television. I have never seen a promo creating history in itself.

Does all the negativity regarding the show get to you sometime?
Mujhe bahut pyaar mil chukka hai, so I am now comfortable with nafrat also. Ismein ek alag mazza hai.

What would you say to Barun if you meet him now?
I have met Barun once during the beginning of his career as we were doing shows for the same production house. I think if we both meet now, we would just laugh. I came to know that he is also born a day ahead of me, so we have a lot of coincidences.

Do you think the leads of a daily show are left with no personal life?
No I don't think so. I am working like crazy in this industry since six years. Still I am getting time to be with family and friends. Whenever I get time I go to Lonavala or Mahabaleswar. I haven't missed out on anything.



Credit - Times Of India



archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 11:25

Reading the title, I was suddenly reminded of FK :P 

Yes, I had auditioned and was even finalized. But then the show went off air.
Somehow I am unable to believe this.


My character was that of a good guy and the look was also very different. When we started shooting in April, my character changed to that of a male chauvinist.
So when he was narrated the script, it was a different one. So script & character change did not make a difference to him, yes its more challenging than the good boy one but he wasn’t specific that he wants to play a different character b4 that. So all boils down to having a show in hand


I hope to create my own chemistry. When I signed the show, it was a different show and I gave my 100 %. Today when it is the sequel of IPKKND, I am still giving my 100%.
I liked this line of his. Its better not to mimic or attempt to recreate anything. Create ur own niche


That's what the reporter said, it was not my comment. I told the journalist what I would have done if I was in the same situation. It was a misunderstanding and I was portrayed in a negative light. Why would I comment about Barun?
Even if the reporter had said it, y didn’t he put a line that these are my views esp when he is in an industry where media twists words to spice it up. Also he was well aware of the reason y BS had quit since he himself told in his last IV, he saw the ticker & if he was selected to play ASR, he would have been well aware of the issues during the closure of IPK. Also, he is active OL on twitter, he is aware of the happenings around him. I somehow don’t buy this excuse


Whatever comes first will get my full commitment. While I was doing Chhoti Bahu, I was offered some films, but I did not take them up.
With this line, again he is contradicting himself on what he said above.

It would have been the same. I would have put in as much hard work as I am putting now.
Good thinking



If I would have been a die hard fan of a show, I would have thought that kuch na hone se behtar hai ki kuch to hai. At least IPKKND wapas aya to hai. Chal kar dekhte hain ki yeh naya banda kya karta hai. And then if I don't like the show, I won't watch it.
Smart boy, trying to lure the fans of the show.


The promo has got 88,000 views on YouTube as of yet, of which it has got 2,000 dislikes and 192 likes. This is I think a first for Indian television. I have never seen a promo creating history in itself.
Actually the views & the dislikes are has nothing to do with promo itself, just for the name.



I think if we both meet now, we would just laugh
Well I know Barun would, he is not bothered by anyone saying anything about him, good or bad.


No I don't think so. I am working like crazy in this industry since six years. Still I am getting time to be with family and friends. Whenever I get time I go to Lonavala or Mahabaleswar. I haven't missed out on anything.
 As Barun said in RB IV, some are happy working this way while some are not. Also, that depends on the kind of show one is doing. Avinash did 2 family dramas where, he himself told in this IV, he was never the focus but the female lead was. Whereas BS did 2 shows back to back, love stories where the sole focus was on the leads.


archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-23, 12:07

More and More , I am reminded of Titanic saviour ..Both are 'Sach' Humility ke "Deva's" ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by Sheza on 2013-08-23, 12:36

Tanthya wrote:More and More , I am reminded of Titanic saviour ..Both are 'Sach' Humility ke "Deva's" ...
:P :P :P

Sheza
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 256
Join date : 2013-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-23, 12:38

Sheza wrote:
Tanthya wrote:More and More , I am reminded of Titanic saviour ..Both are 'Sach' Humility ke "Deva's" ...
:P :P:P

Hi Sheza,

All geared up to watch EBP Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 12:47

Tanthya wrote:More and More , I am reminded of Titanic saviour ..Both are 'Sach' Humility ke "Deva's" ...
I'll add FK too Tants :P

I dont get y does everyone get compared to an over-rated actor Question

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-08-23, 13:10

Bwahahahaha someone please ask this guy to shut up, he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

I am ROFLing at his comment of the promo creating history, fool's paradise much? Its the name IPKKND that attracted the viewers you mofo, not you, not your co-star! Do me a favour Avinash, search "Arnav-Khushi scene" on YT and any random video will have more hits than your precious promo. ROFL

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 370
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : LaLa Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-23, 13:22

archie_79 wrote:



Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev


Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Aug 23, 2013, 12.00 AM IST






On his birthday today, Avinash Sachdev has been facing a lot of flak for his portrayal of Shlok Agnihotri in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon — Ek Baar Phir. He speaks to CT about playing a male chauvinist, comparisons with Barun Sobti, facing the ire of the fans of original show, and the promo of the show making a history itself.

Buzz is that you were set to replace Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND)?
Yes, I had auditioned and was even finalized. But then the show went off air.

How did you land the role of Shlok Agnihotri?
When I auditioned for this show in January, nobody knew that this show would be called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir. My character was that of a good guy and the look was also very different. When we started shooting in April, my character changed to that of a male chauvinist. Then also the names doing the rounds were Iss Dil Ka Kya Karoon, Darde Dil etc. Only last week I came to know that it is being called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir.
 where did the 'aastha' go? he read a different script while auditioning then?
What attracted you to the show initially?
It was a love story. It was a show which focused on my character rather than on my mother or wife. Though the story of Chhoti Bahu did not focus on me, I never imagined it would get me such fame. And here, the story revolves around Shlok and Aastha Kirloskar.
 I like the way he said story revolves around shlok and aastha unlike the promotions r focusing only him
Tell us about your character
Shlok is a bad boy — cold and rude. He is a dynamic business tycoon, who believes he can win anything. He is sporty, adventurous, drives a Ferrari, loves to challenge himself and doesn't respect women. He hates Aastha. They are poles apart. Whenever they cross each other, Shlok's business goes for a toss and he thinks she is unlucky for him. As a negative character, I discovered a lot of things which I can do, which I hadn't done earlier. There are a lot of surprises in the show.
 so unlike arnav singh raizada he believes in 'kismat'
How is your chemistry with Shrenu Parikh?
It's been very good and we hope to keep it up. Shrenu's character mirrors her in real life. She plays a jovial and chirpy girl.
good to hear that, its first time that this article is focusing on 'we ' I like that  :) 
Do you hope to recreate Barun-Sanaya's chemistry?
I hope to create my own chemistry. When I signed the show, it was a different show and I gave my 100 %. Today when it is the sequel of IPKKND, I am still giving my 100%.
this is the highlight ..... its good that he answered this way Thumbsup 
You reportedly questioned Barun's professionalism in leaving the show mid-way... would you never leave a show mid way, even if you are offered a big banner movie?

That's what the reporter said, it was not my comment. I told the journalist what I would have done if I was in the same situation. It was a misunderstanding and I was portrayed in a negative light. Why would I comment about Barun?
media walon dnt bring up barun here and there specially the man has spoken his intentions not to b compared with barun........................ and where on the earth his conscience flew while commenting prior........... couldn't he give reference that 'this is my sole view' other ppl can respect their profession their way ?........ u cant cope up the situation and blame media ? confused 

ufffffffff this clarification thingy occurred here too ......... I remembered some purani batein Wink 

As far as I am concerned, work is work, whether it's Bollywood, Hollywood, TV or reality show. Whatever comes first will get my full commitment. While I was doing Chhoti Bahu, I was offered some films, but I did not take them up.
ya right , commitment comes first ..... I agree with him; our barun too fulfilled his commitment so he is clean as per avinash's criteria of respecting work Wink 
Have you seen the original IPKKND? I was really busy when it was on air, so much so that I didn't even get the time to watch my own show.
somewhere I heard story of ek baar phir se is grander...... how did u analyse without even watching first season? Twisted Evil 
Are you watching it now to get an insight?
I am taking this show as I would have done with any show or had it been named anything else. Just because the names of the show are same, doesn't mean the show is similar.
right ..... its just a franchise and I dnt want it to b similar...... but mark ur own words ppl r looking forward to the differences
Are you aware that the fans of season one want the name of this show to be changed? Yes I got a lot of tweets, and I also replied to the respected fans saying that it's not in my hand. In fact these are beyond an actor's purview. I am supposed to do my work.
correctly said, he is supposed to do his work......... which ofcourse didn't constitute naming the show
Is the name of the show posing a challenge for you?
The show was already a challenge since my image is of Kalyug's Lord Krishna — as my character was in Chhoti Bahu. In this show, I am Kalyug's Raavan. I play a male chauvinist who does not respect women and believes that a woman is incomplete without a man. Now, with the name, it has become a bigger challenge.
wish u good luck for coping up with the challenges ......... and ur character belief that a woman is incomplete without a man is sth I too believe, but I believe the vice one too :) 
I believe its destiny. When we started shooting in April, we didn't know that this would be a sequel. Still, we were using the shooting studio of IPKKND. Now, I am being compared to Barun and my chemistry with Shrenu is being compared to Barun and Sanaya Irani.
just give damn to unhealthy comparison man....... keep doing ur hard work everyone will accept u as u deserve ............ but abt comparisons its exactly right.......... the cards r played in respect for comparisons ..... agar comparison na ho tab gadbad hai .... I wish the comparison wud b healthy one and not with intention of letting one down
Now the show is on my shoulders, as I am both the bad guy and the good guy. But I am much happier with the negative role as I have done a positive for four years.
here I don't agree....... the show is on the shoulders of ur team....... n if major enacting is concerned the show is on urs and shrenu's shoulders as far as it is called a lovestory
Do you think it would have been easier for you if the show was called something else?
It would have been the same. I would have put in as much hard work as I am putting now. Show ko kya naam mila hai usse mujhe koi fark nahi padta. What works for a show is the concept, script, chemistry. With the show's name being IPKKND, fans of the show are comparing me with Barun. I am sure Barun won't mind as wouldn't I. I am also getting a lot of messages from my fans. Some people are happy and some are not. I cannot make the whole world happy. I understand the emotions of the fans. When Chhoti Bahu was taken off air during its peak, my fans also felt the same. That is why its sequel was made.
I think people will watch my show if my work is good. Even if the name is different and people don't like my work, they won't see it.
 I m in agreement ...... naam se kuch farak nahi padta........ so why  ipk ? n why not others?
if was somehow similar then franchising relates........ but he himself said is different lovestroy,different concept............ means every forthcoming lovestory in star should b franchised under ipk?......... he is contradicing himself somehow....................


and knowing barun, I can say he wud definitely not mind :) 

Is this show an adaptation of the original or is it a sequel?
IPKKND is the concept. We are not comparing it with season 1, which was a cult show. Shlok and Aastha have a different identity. The name of the show is just a situation for the two protagonists. Somewhere in the show they would keep wondering Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
but this wondering happens in every other show na? ki iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? like in madhubala, qubool hai , do dil ek jaan, jodha Akbar, etc. etc. where the personality of two leads clashes and they still manage to fall for each other ..........
What do you think of sequels, considering that the sequel of Chhoti Bahu did not do that well?
I don't think it didn't do well. Though it had the same cast as Part 1, it did not do as well compared to Part 1. But in IPKKND — Ek Baar Phir, the cast and the plot are completely different, so I don't know what the fate of this would be. I am happy to be a part of both the sequels (Chhoti Bahu and IPKKND).
good to know that u r happy........... a happy heart proposes a good job Thumbsup 
Does the reaction of the fans of the original season irk you?
If I would have been a die hard fan of a show, I would have thought that kuch na hone se behtar hai ki kuch to hai. At least IPKKND wapas aya to hai. Chal kar dekhte hain ki yeh naya banda kya karta hai. And then if I don't like the show, I won't watch it.
I like the spirit ............but I dnt think the same way ....... ipk wapas aaya hai ya nahi hi toh main confusion hai............  :lol!: the only clear thing is name and historical buzz is back in bits Twisted Evil 
I understand that people get attached to a show. Since I have done a sequel, I know how it is. If Chhoti Bahu's sequel had come with any other cast, my fans would have had the same reaction. The fans are right in their way.
contradicting much :) 
The promo of the show hasn't been well received...
The promo has got 88,000 views on YouTube as of yet, of which it has got 2,000 dislikes and 192 likes. This is I think a first for Indian television. I have never seen a promo creating history in itself.
historical mistake by avinash that he said the promo has created history itself .......... the history was due to ipk's name being linked to it ............ someone who was supposed to keep up the legacy intact should b understanding enough to know what legacy actually is

2000 dislikes from 'adamant ipk fans' who dnt wnt another set of team, 192 likes from 'avinash fans' who want him back in any show........ and the remaining r neutral viewers who neither r contemplating liking it nor disliking it but watched it for ipk being linked............ plus some didn't liked or disliked for not being signed in to youtube :) 

Does all the negativity regarding the show get to you sometime?
Mujhe bahut pyaar mil chukka hai, so I am now comfortable with nafrat also. Ismein ek alag mazza hai.
its good that he can take negativity too
What would you say to Barun if you meet him now?
I have met Barun once during the beginning of his career as we were doing shows for the same production house. I think if we both meet now, we would just laugh. I came to know that he is also born a day ahead of me, so we have a lot of coincidences.
hope u maintain coincidences with the character portrayal too....... I think barun would smile n greet u humbly
Do you think the leads of a daily show are left with no personal life?
No I don't think so. I am working like crazy in this industry since six years. Still I am getting time to be with family and friends. Whenever I get time I go to Lonavala or Mahabaleswar. I haven't missed out on anything.


what about my off screen character being 'cranked' or 'irritable'? scratch 
 some other soul was there in within u while speaking that or the new charcter is strong enough to shake ur belief of six crazy years ?:lol!: 

whenever personal life and daily show comes alongwith , I remember barun, and the questions indirectly drags barun so I wud like to say that he worked for 2.5 years continuously on such shows where he was the main focus without major holiday so it is justified in his case............ this situation differs from person to person and his aspects of viewing things ............ generally speaking a tv actor routine is far tough than 9-5 job :) 

Credit - Times Of India



A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 13:30

laddoo598 wrote:Bwahahahaha someone please ask this guy to shut up, he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

I am ROFLing at his comment of the promo creating history, fool's paradise much? Its the name IPKKND that attracted the viewers you mofo, not you, not your co-star! Do me a favour Avinash, search "Arnav-Khushi scene" on YT and any random video will have more hits than your precious promo. ROFL

Tanu - I wonder y everyone gets the "foot-in-mouth" disease when Barun's name crops up.  scratch  Guess they need some lessons on "hmmm" & "i-dont-know" from Sobti  confused

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-23, 13:31

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:



Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev


Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Aug 23, 2013, 12.00 AM IST






On his birthday today, Avinash Sachdev has been facing a lot of flak for his portrayal of Shlok Agnihotri in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon — Ek Baar Phir. He speaks to CT about playing a male chauvinist, comparisons with Barun Sobti, facing the ire of the fans of original show, and the promo of the show making a history itself.

Buzz is that you were set to replace Barun Sobti in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND)?
Yes, I had auditioned and was even finalized. But then the show went off air.

How did you land the role of Shlok Agnihotri?
When I auditioned for this show in January, nobody knew that this show would be called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir. My character was that of a good guy and the look was also very different. When we started shooting in April, my character changed to that of a male chauvinist. Then also the names doing the rounds were Iss Dil Ka Kya Karoon, Darde Dil etc. Only last week I came to know that it is being called IPKKND Ek Baar Phir.
 where did the 'aastha' go? he read a different script while auditioning then?
What attracted you to the show initially?
It was a love story. It was a show which focused on my character rather than on my mother or wife. Though the story of Chhoti Bahu did not focus on me, I never imagined it would get me such fame. And here, the story revolves around Shlok and Aastha Kirloskar.
 I like the way he said story revolves around shlok and aastha unlike the promotions r focusing only him
Tell us about your character
Shlok is a bad boy — cold and rude. He is a dynamic business tycoon, who believes he can win anything. He is sporty, adventurous, drives a Ferrari, loves to challenge himself and doesn't respect women. He hates Aastha. They are poles apart. Whenever they cross each other, Shlok's business goes for a toss and he thinks she is unlucky for him. As a negative character, I discovered a lot of things which I can do, which I hadn't done earlier. There are a lot of surprises in the show.
 so unlike arnav singh raizada he believes in 'kismat'
How is your chemistry with Shrenu Parikh?
It's been very good and we hope to keep it up. Shrenu's character mirrors her in real life. She plays a jovial and chirpy girl.
good to hear that, its first time that this article is focusing on 'we ' I like that  :) 
Do you hope to recreate Barun-Sanaya's chemistry?
I hope to create my own chemistry. When I signed the show, it was a different show and I gave my 100 %. Today when it is the sequel of IPKKND, I am still giving my 100%.
this is the highlight ..... its good that he answered this way Thumbsup 
You reportedly questioned Barun's professionalism in leaving the show mid-way... would you never leave a show mid way, even if you are offered a big banner movie?

That's what the reporter said, it was not my comment. I told the journalist what I would have done if I was in the same situation. It was a misunderstanding and I was portrayed in a negative light. Why would I comment about Barun?
media walon dnt bring up barun here and there specially the man has spoken his intentions not to b compared with barun........................ and where on the earth his conscience flew while commenting prior........... couldn't he give reference that 'this is my sole view' other ppl can respect their profession their way ?........ u cant cope up the situation and blame media ? confused 

ufffffffff this clarification thingy occurred here too ......... I remembered some purani batein Wink 

As far as I am concerned, work is work, whether it's Bollywood, Hollywood, TV or reality show. Whatever comes first will get my full commitment. While I was doing Chhoti Bahu, I was offered some films, but I did not take them up.
ya right , commitment comes first ..... I agree with him; our barun too fulfilled his commitment so he is clean as per avinash's criteria of respecting work Wink 
Have you seen the original IPKKND? I was really busy when it was on air, so much so that I didn't even get the time to watch my own show.
somewhere I heard story of ek baar phir se is grander...... how did u analyse without even watching first season? Twisted Evil 
Are you watching it now to get an insight?
I am taking this show as I would have done with any show or had it been named anything else. Just because the names of the show are same, doesn't mean the show is similar.
right ..... its just a franchise and I dnt want it to b similar...... but mark ur own words ppl r looking forward to the differences
Are you aware that the fans of season one want the name of this show to be changed? Yes I got a lot of tweets, and I also replied to the respected fans saying that it's not in my hand. In fact these are beyond an actor's purview. I am supposed to do my work.
correctly said, he is supposed to do his work......... which ofcourse didn't constitute naming the show
Is the name of the show posing a challenge for you?
The show was already a challenge since my image is of Kalyug's Lord Krishna — as my character was in Chhoti Bahu. In this show, I am Kalyug's Raavan. I play a male chauvinist who does not respect women and believes that a woman is incomplete without a man. Now, with the name, it has become a bigger challenge.
wish u good luck for coping up with the challenges ......... and ur character belief that a woman is incomplete without a man is sth I too believe, but I believe the vice one too :) 
I believe its destiny. When we started shooting in April, we didn't know that this would be a sequel. Still, we were using the shooting studio of IPKKND. Now, I am being compared to Barun and my chemistry with Shrenu is being compared to Barun and Sanaya Irani.
just give damn to unhealthy comparison man....... keep doing ur hard work everyone will accept u as u deserve ............ but abt comparisons its exactly right.......... the cards r played in respect for comparisons ..... agar comparison na ho tab gadbad hai .... I wish the comparison wud b healthy one and not with intention of letting one down
Now the show is on my shoulders, as I am both the bad guy and the good guy. But I am much happier with the negative role as I have done a positive for four years.
here I don't agree....... the show is on the shoulders of ur team....... n if major enacting is concerned the show is on urs and shrenu's shoulders as far as it is called a lovestory
Do you think it would have been easier for you if the show was called something else?
It would have been the same. I would have put in as much hard work as I am putting now. Show ko kya naam mila hai usse mujhe koi fark nahi padta. What works for a show is the concept, script, chemistry. With the show's name being IPKKND, fans of the show are comparing me with Barun. I am sure Barun won't mind as wouldn't I. I am also getting a lot of messages from my fans. Some people are happy and some are not. I cannot make the whole world happy. I understand the emotions of the fans. When Chhoti Bahu was taken off air during its peak, my fans also felt the same. That is why its sequel was made.
I think people will watch my show if my work is good. Even if the name is different and people don't like my work, they won't see it.
 I m in agreement ...... naam se kuch farak nahi padta........ so why  ipk ? n why not others?
if was somehow similar then franchising relates........ but he himself said is different lovestroy,different concept............ means every forthcoming lovestory in star should b franchised under ipk?......... he is contradicing himself somehow....................


and knowing barun, I can say he wud definitely not mind :) 

Is this show an adaptation of the original or is it a sequel?
IPKKND is the concept. We are not comparing it with season 1, which was a cult show. Shlok and Aastha have a different identity. The name of the show is just a situation for the two protagonists. Somewhere in the show they would keep wondering Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
but this wondering happens in every other show na? ki iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? like in madhubala, qubool hai , do dil ek jaan, jodha Akbar, etc. etc. where the personality of two leads clashes and they still manage to fall for each other ..........
What do you think of sequels, considering that the sequel of Chhoti Bahu did not do that well?
I don't think it didn't do well. Though it had the same cast as Part 1, it did not do as well compared to Part 1. But in IPKKND — Ek Baar Phir, the cast and the plot are completely different, so I don't know what the fate of this would be. I am happy to be a part of both the sequels (Chhoti Bahu and IPKKND).
good to know that u r happy........... a happy heart proposes a good job Thumbsup 
Does the reaction of the fans of the original season irk you?
If I would have been a die hard fan of a show, I would have thought that kuch na hone se behtar hai ki kuch to hai. At least IPKKND wapas aya to hai. Chal kar dekhte hain ki yeh naya banda kya karta hai. And then if I don't like the show, I won't watch it.
I like the spirit ............but I dnt think the same way ....... ipk wapas aaya hai ya nahi hi toh main confusion hai............  :lol!: the only clear thing is name and historical buzz is back in bits Twisted Evil 
I understand that people get attached to a show. Since I have done a sequel, I know how it is. If Chhoti Bahu's sequel had come with any other cast, my fans would have had the same reaction. The fans are right in their way.
contradicting much :) 
The promo of the show hasn't been well received...
The promo has got 88,000 views on YouTube as of yet, of which it has got 2,000 dislikes and 192 likes. This is I think a first for Indian television. I have never seen a promo creating history in itself.
historical mistake by avinash that he said the promo has created history itself .......... the history was due to ipk's name being linked to it ............ someone who was supposed to keep up the legacy intact should b understanding enough to know what legacy actually is

2000 dislikes from 'adamant ipk fans' who dnt wnt another set of team, 192 likes from 'avinash fans' who want him back in any show........ and the remaining r neutral viewers who neither r contemplating liking it nor disliking it but watched it for ipk being linked............ plus some didn't liked or disliked for not being signed in to youtube :) 

Does all the negativity regarding the show get to you sometime?
Mujhe bahut pyaar mil chukka hai, so I am now comfortable with nafrat also. Ismein ek alag mazza hai.
its good that he can take negativity too
What would you say to Barun if you meet him now?
I have met Barun once during the beginning of his career as we were doing shows for the same production house. I think if we both meet now, we would just laugh. I came to know that he is also born a day ahead of me, so we have a lot of coincidences.
hope u maintain coincidences with the character portrayal too....... I think barun would smile n greet u humbly
Do you think the leads of a daily show are left with no personal life?
No I don't think so. I am working like crazy in this industry since six years. Still I am getting time to be with family and friends. Whenever I get time I go to Lonavala or Mahabaleswar. I haven't missed out on anything.


what about my off screen character being 'cranked' or 'irritable'? scratch 
 some other soul was there in within u while speaking that or the new charcter is strong enough to shake ur belief of six crazy years ?:lol!: 

whenever personal life and daily show comes alongwith , I remember barun, and the questions indirectly drags barun so I wud like to say that he worked for 2.5 years continuously on such shows where he was the main focus without major holiday so it is justified in his case............ this situation differs from person to person and his aspects of viewing things ............ generally speaking a tv actor routine is far tough than 9-5 job :) 

Credit - Times Of India


somewhere I heard story of ek baar phir se is grander...... how did u analyse without even watching first season?

Thumbsup :*lol*: 

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 13:42

@ Aasudi & Tants, I agree. How does he know the diff between IPK & IPK2 if he did not watch IPK?

Maybe he telling about the money spent on IPK 2 is more but I only know one thing, that IPK fans weren’t attracted towards IPK for the grandness of the sets but for the script & the acting which is y they stuck to it even when ASR had 2 shirts in his wardrobe & Khushi wore horrendous tents

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-08-23, 13:43

archie_79 wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:Bwahahahaha someone please ask this guy to shut up, he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

I am ROFLing at his comment of the promo creating history, fool's paradise much? Its the name IPKKND that attracted the viewers you mofo, not you, not your co-star! Do me a favour Avinash, search "Arnav-Khushi scene" on YT and any random video will have more hits than your precious promo. ROFL
Tanu - I wonder y everyone gets the "foot-in-mouth" disease when Barun's name crops up.  scratch  Guess they need some lessons on "hmmm" & "i-dont-know" from Sobti  confused
I seriously don't know Shilpa. He is not very smart is he? He knows Barun-Sanaya and IPKKND has a tremendous fan following, and he ought to try to appease that fan base as much as possible, rather than saying stuff like "Oh I don't think the name matters at all" or "The fans should be happy that at least IPKKND is coming back" or "I wouldn't have left if I was in Barun's place"..

Yeah we should be really happy indeed. Since I am a bhukkad, let me give a bhukkad wala analogy, you go to a restaurant and order biryani, and then the waiter serves boiled veggies but says you know what, we named this dish biryani. And we should be happy? Da fuq?

All this does is make me love my mumbling Sobti even more. I have never ever seen him putting down anyone in his interviews, I respect him so much for the same.

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 370
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : LaLa Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by clarissasham on 2013-08-23, 13:53

I have foot in mouth disease guys thats why im ROFl like never before:ROFL 
 
Ok first point first – will u please keep ur mouth shut that will do the need
Actually avi—if im not comparing IPk with u and asr (though everything seems similar, arrogant business tycoon )
 
When I say tycoon I remember an SBS where barun said he has only tow pairs of suits, he is not business tycoon  and lost helicopter and SUV
 
So try to keep ur Ferrai- kya patha kal ho naho
 
 
I actually loved the promo and planning to see wats gonna happen  but if he keeps open his mouth this often I will rethink the decision
 
If the show as gonna be so considered well why 6 pm slot
 
No one answered my query
.
 

 

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2226
Join date : 2013-02-09
Age : 34
Location : india

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-23, 13:58

@laddoo
very well said yara with bang on example... Hugs 4m my side

n yes as the no. Of contenders increases my adulation 4 sobti increases further...at least he never tries to lure in fans, he earns them...

He never appears as perfect as he can rather his imperfection beats others forced-perfection...
He never lets other ppl down n avoids comparisons as much as he can, ironically most of the time he is yanked n dragged in for comparisons

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-23, 14:06

@shami
i wil answer ur question shami...cuz 6 pm slot is fresh one n star seems experimenting...if not that then they have too much confidence with this show n ipk's name that they give damn to time slot n competition...3rd probablity is they dnt have vacant time slot n they r desperate to launch their show...4th n mst illogical being they want to compete with ipk reruns in intl market...lol..
Its really tough to understand star u knw after experiencing its business blunders n 'ahem' [ego]

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-23, 14:22

@ shilpa

dnt u knw the over-rated actor is giving tough time to too many under-rated ones even when its been 9 month 4m his departure from tv acting? *winks*
Toh putting him down then n there helps them to b satisfied with what their under-rated stars...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 14:26

laddoo598 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:Bwahahahaha someone please ask this guy to shut up, he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth.

I am ROFLing at his comment of the promo creating history, fool's paradise much? Its the name IPKKND that attracted the viewers you mofo, not you, not your co-star! Do me a favour Avinash, search "Arnav-Khushi scene" on YT and any random video will have more hits than your precious promo. ROFL
Tanu - I wonder y everyone gets the "foot-in-mouth" disease when Barun's name crops up.  scratch  Guess they need some lessons on "hmmm" & "i-dont-know" from Sobti  confused
I seriously don't know Shilpa. He is not very smart is he? He knows Barun-Sanaya and IPKKND has a tremendous fan following, and he ought to try to appease that fan base as much as possible, rather than saying stuff like "Oh I don't think the name matters at all" or "The fans should be happy that at least IPKKND is coming back" or "I wouldn't have left if I was in Barun's place"..

Yeah we should be really happy indeed. Since I am a bhukkad, let me give a bhukkad wala analogy, you go to a restaurant and order biryani, and then the waiter serves boiled veggies but says you know what, we named this dish biryani. And we should be happy? Da fuq?

All this does is make me love my mumbling Sobti even more. I have never ever seen him putting down anyone in his interviews, I respect him so much for the same.

I guess he is trying to appease the fans who started hating BS when he quit & the show closed down.  But he doesn’t know that that fandom is the most fickle of all. They keep changing their favorties & become fans of actors, not because of the love for the actor but because of the hate of the other actor.
@ Bold – that too after tasting so much success, Tanu. He still is grounded & has not even spoken against the fans who bashed him & sent his parents hate mails.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-23, 14:44

@tants
i fear tantu kahin iss 'deva' ka anjaam bhi uss 'deva' k jaisa 'sach' ho jaye

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 14:46

aasudi wrote:@ shilpa

dnt u knw the over-rated actor is giving tough time to too many under-rated ones even when its been 9 month 4m his departure from tv acting? *winks*
Toh putting him down then n there helps them to b satisfied with what their under-rated stars...
So who asked for comparison?

No one was comparing Avinash with BS, the show hasn’t even aired for us to compare.

At present only ASR & Shlok as characters were being compared.
And y compare only BS & Avinash.
Y not Shrenu & SI?
Y not Sphere Origins & 4-L?
Y not the screenplay writer & GH?
Y not the director of this show with LM/AD?
Y is BS dragged everywhere for comparison & just put down?

He never bothered anyone. He never told like SI did that IPK is nothing withour Arnav-Khushi, he never reminded IPK fans of IPK like 4-L did by posting pics on their website. He in fact wished well for the show, he told story is the king, he told promo is nice.

Sorry for the outburst but I am sick of everyone using BS name from CC PH to its actors to Avinash when the person who owns the name himself never uses his fame.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-23, 14:55

@shilpa

shant ladyveer shant
just read the title...'fans r comparing ''me'' with barun sobti' speaks the truth itself... Samjhe ya samjhaun?

Every actor knows the controversy related with the another, esp wen issue is grand sth like ipk closure...n hitting the other's wound help u win the fight...so comparisons also r being sold,i told u yesterday in this whole fiasco barun wil b put down as much as posible...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-23, 15:03

aasudi wrote:@shilpa

shant ladyveer shant
just read the title...'fans r comparing ''me'' with barun sobti' speaks the truth itself... Samjhe ya samjhaun?

Every actor knows the controversy related with the another, esp wen issue  is grand sth like ipk closure...n hitting the other's wound help u win the fight...so comparisons also r being sold,i told u yesterday in this whole fiasco barun wil b put down as much as posible...

Aasud, I am cool party4 
 
I know re, but with all this aren’t they kinda confirming that IPK was zero if BS wasn’t there? IPK had contribution from SI, Gul, GH, LM, AD, Raju Singh also. They all along with BS made IPK what it was.

Chalo as a BS fan, one good thing out of all this is, BS made IPK what it was. Everyone watched for him only. :P

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-23, 15:24

@shilpa
that is what i mentiön 4m d begn., if barun is to blame 4 ipk closure, he solely should b credited 4 its success... Then y bashers say barun is nothing without ipk? When vice is witnessed by the whole world....

So i said they dnt knw who barun is neither wil ever knw since they hv their eyes blinded with love of some other person....

I criticize many actors even barun too...ab woh banda criticism k liye jagha hi kam deta hai toh kya kare??
But i dnt put other actors abusively down to promote barun...

Ab other actors mere barun ko rag-doll banaye toh what can i do than replying back?

Coming back to avi he thinks high of himself n that is evident from his ivs....he is not a loud mouth might help him if situation turns out unfruitful

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans are comparing me with Barun: Avinash Sachdev - TOI article

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:08


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum