Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 46-48: Will Jalal do a Mughal-e-Azam?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-08-23, 17:53

Folks,
Relax, this is not one my 3 pagers! I am not up to that as yet, so you are all safe for a bit. My doctor, after inspecting the very sore left eye, repeated that it was a very bad case of viral conjunctivitis. NO late nights and as much rest for the eye as possible. Whence this late after noon post, with a quiz that might well be rendered redudant tonight!

This is to share with you  a question that has been puzzling me since last night's precap, which showed Jalal throwing away his own shahi firman, when Jodha, driven to the wall and with no other option in sight, finally swallows her ego and goes to him to demand Motibai's life as her(Jodha's)  due as per the firman.
This means, at first sight, that Jalal is not going to honour the firman. He might well  say : You rejected it at first, you insulted me again by sending it back thru the messenger, and you told me even more insultingly when I personally brought it back that I could give you nothing you wanted. So why do you try and use that  despised  firman now? It is no longer valid.
(Sending it back thru a servant was unnecessary , impolite, and ill-advised on  Jodha's part, especially after her mother's parting homily about  obedience to her husband, but that is Jodha all over. After all, she listened to another such homily about the danger for Amer if she did not accept Jalal's gifts, and then came out and deliberately burnt the shaadi ka  joda)
If that is so, where does it leave us? I feel strongly that the choice of the means for implementing the death penalty for Motibai , being walled in alive a la the mythical Anarkali, instead of being cleanly beheaded a la Anne Boleyn (Henry VIII's second wife, who was executed for treason, as was his fifth as well) is deliberate. It is meant to offer a loophole for escape for the condemned girl, even while maintained the faade of the sentence having been duly carried out. That is to say, exactly as Akbar did for Anarkali in Mughal-e-Azam.
Jalal is looking extremely angry when Jodha approaches him, and he might be totally disinclined to let Jodha have Motibai's death sentence set aside as matter of her right., whence his rejection of the firman.
But he is also disturbed about something that he feels is wrong about the case against Motibai. It is  similar to the Malwa  case, where he was sure in his own mind of Adham Khan's guilt, but was unable to prove it and thus had to let him off. It is because of this sense of unease that he goes personally to meet Motibai in the prison and tries to get at the truth, but her talk of hoping that he does not commit an injustice puts his back up in an instant. The Amer women  seem to have a positive talent for being undiplomatic!
So, he might want to save her life, even if he cannot backtrack on his decision re: the  death penalty; this is not like the last case with the little Hindu boy, and there is no way he  can justify an about turn here.  If so, he would want it done as an act of  grace from himself, not as something Jodha can claim from  him, after repeatedly snubbing and lecturing him about the firman, as a matter of right.
So, it is likely, in fact very  likely unless the precap is as misleading as is the Balaji norm in the matter of precaps, that he will  turn Jodha down flat, and still get Motibai off from behind the wall, and pack her off secretly to Amer.
The other option is that he has since discovered from other sources that Adham Khan is the guilty party, and so he lets Moti off without giving Jodha  the satisfaction of having rescued her. Plus getting brownie points all round, including,hopefully, from Jodha as well, for being "a Daniel  come to judgement" (apologies to Shakespeare and to Shylock!) This seems unlikely, as it would necessarily  lead to Adham being executed (by defenestration) and it  seems too early  for that. But Jalal  might find out that the dead man in the kitchen was not known to Motibai.
So, here is my little quiz for today, and I would request  all those who read this to respond to it, with one liners at least - indicating the choice,
I somehow doubt if  the manner of Motibai's rescue (that is sure, for if she is executed, the chances of  Jalal and Jodha falling in love with be less than that of a snowflake in Hell) will be clear even at the end of today's episode: it might well be the cliffhanger  for this weekend, like the chess match last weekend!
So how do you think that Motibai's life will be saved?
1)       Will Jalal do  a Mughal-e-Azam and rescue Motibai by stealth?
2)      Will Jalal ascertain thru his own sources that Adham Khan is guilty or, on a different tack, that the dead man in the kitchen   was not known to Motibai, and thus set aside her sentence?
3)      Will Jalal simply honour his  shahi firman, despite his initial rebuff to Jodha in the heat of anger?
If you can comment on the following, it will be even better!
(a) When  will Jodha will get to know of this? 
(b) When she doeshow will it affect her relationship with Jalal
Let us have some fun with this, and is the meantime, the Questions of the Day, and the Joke of the Day, and the  Scene of the Day (in fact the last 3 days).
Questions of the Day:
-Why on  earth  does Jodha not tell Jalal that it is impossible for a  man  like the dead chap, clearly of the servant class, to be able to write, and that too so impeccably, and on such a classy piece of silken fabric? It is  so ridiculous that when neither Jalal -  who could not have written it himself! -  nor Jodha raised this point, it made me think very poorly of their IQ.
-  Why does Jodha leave the terrified Motibai alone with the poisonous Mahaam Anga? If she had insisted on staying,  there was nothing Mahaam  could have done. It was unbelievably stupid of her.
Joke of  the Day: The Shahenshah-e-Hind storming thru the harem at the dead of night, shamsheer in hand, to catch an intruder.  When Jalal's short fuse explodes, he is exactly like the Energiser Bunny- all action and no sense.
Scene of the Day: Mahaam Anga's chillingly sadistic account of the likely manner of Motibai's death behind the wall. It made my skin  crawl. She  plays Jodha, who should have sent her packing after the first sentence, like a violin. But why the devil is Jodha  so lost to all sense of self-respect that she actually asks that old witch why she is hurting her, Jodha, so much?
Motibai was also excellent in her blind panic. My heart went out to her.
Lastly,  the proceedings of this week should, hopefully,  have brought it home to Jodha that when the chips are down, the only one who can  be of any help to her is her husband.
Shyamala B.Cowsik

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 46-48: Will Jalal do a Mughal-e-Azam?

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-24, 09:26

Heart Heart Shyamala you are a wonderful writer .. And I really admire you for sharing all your awesome posts with here in Dhwani ... 
A big thank you...

flower

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-24, 14:58; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-24, 10:36

Hello Shyamala Aunty, Its so great to see u back, cheers guess the proper rest and care of the eyes will heal the issue soon. Believe me, u were sorely MISSED, ab toh aadat ho gayi hai aapke posts ki.:) 

Blame it on my hectic work schedule and some extra drooling session on sword fight SBS/Pics , i missed reading your posts last night.

Though the question posed by u is redundant now, but I still would answer that, I will go by Option 2 ,Wink  I made a post too in that regard-- http://dhwani.mytvsoapforum.com/t18084-what-will-happen-today

We were all jumping in anticipation of what would happen and it just took one hand-holding/eye-lock session for Jalal to free Moti Rolling Eyes :P

BTW, does Ekta's Jalal know to read and write :?:why did he open the farmaan patra , what was he checking if he is illiterate. Wink

Before I miss, let me tell u once again , i loved your post and with some really pertinent questions u posed to us readers......

Really liked MA , Ashwini is a fab actress, she puts her jaan into the scene....the way she put Ruks in her place was WOW.

I was really :lol!:reading ur joke of the day, it was srsly hilarious. Jalal is one busy man when in Agra with so many begums and then risk of intruders, no wonder Mathura mein bagawat ho raha hai Wink:P

I want Jodha to take her own sweet time to get to the bottom of everything, but yeah with Jalal, I want him to know various traits of Jodha like soon---so that we get some sizzling scenes like sword-fight Wink

He is definitely in awe of her skills(chess/sword) and above all her usage of farmaan, but will be in DENIAL. Alas!!!

Have a lovely weekend Aunty, have a speedy recovery :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-24, 12:16

Nice post Shyamala ji, What a bad luck, I read it after I saw what happened after that... Nevertheless, I loved the options that you gave...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-08-24, 15:22

superb post .................
shyamala jee

im shami and u know what my math teacher used to call me shyamala in school :sunny: 

like pallo i too have doubt i heard that akbar was illiterate 

so what happened

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-08-25, 13:52

My dear, thank you and I am delighted to find a sort of namesake on Dhwani. Jalal looks at the farman, firstly, because even if he cannot read it, he can recognise his seal, and secondly, perhaps also because he does not as yet feel up to letting Jodha know that he cannot read or write. That has always been a sore point with him; remember his bitter reference to himself as an anpadh jaahil, in the last conversation between the roohs of Jodha and Jalal? Shyamala B.Cowsikclarissasham wrote:superb post .................
shyamala jee

im shami and u know what my math teacher used to call me shyamala in school :sunny: 

like pallo i too have doubt i heard that akbar was illiterate 

so what happened

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-08-25, 13:56

Dear Pallavi.I hope you have seen my latest, Duel of Wills, on the Friday episode.As for Jalal looking down at the farman, even though he cannot read it, that is for 2 reasons wrote:
Firstly, because even if he cannot read it, he can recognise his seal, and this make sure that it is indeed his.Secondly, perhaps also because he does not as yet feel up to letting Jodha know that he cannot read or write. That has always been a sore point with him; remember his bitter reference to himself as an anpadh jaahil, in the last conversation between the roohs of Jodha and Jalal?Shyamala AuntypollyannaHello Shyamala Aunty, Its so great to see u back, cheers guess the proper rest and care of the eyes will heal the issue soon. Believe me, u were sorely MISSED, ab toh aadat ho gayi hai aapke posts ki.:) 

Blame it on my hectic work schedule and some extra drooling session on sword fight SBS/Pics , i missed reading your posts last night.

Though the question posed by u is redundant now, but I still would answer that, I will go by Option 2 ,Wink  I made a post too in that regard-- http://dhwani.mytvsoapforum.com/t18084-what-will-happen-today

We were all jumping in anticipation of what would happen and it just took one hand-holding/eye-lock session for Jalal to free Moti Rolling Eyes :P

BTW, does Ekta's Jalal know to read and write :?:why did he open the farmaan patra , what was he checking if he is illiterate. Wink

Before I miss, let me tell u once again , i loved your post and with some really pertinent questions u posed to us readers......

Really liked MA , Ashwini is a fab actress, she puts her jaan into the scene....the way she put Ruks in her place was WOW.

I was really :lol!:reading ur joke of the day, it was srsly hilarious. Jalal is one busy man when in Agra with so many begums and then risk of intruders, no wonder Mathura mein bagawat ho raha hai Wink:P

I want Jodha to take her own sweet time to get to the bottom of everything, but yeah with Jalal, I want him to know various traits of Jodha like soon---so that we get some sizzling scenes like sword-fight Wink

He is definitely in awe of her skills(chess/sword) and above all her usage of farmaan, but will be in DENIAL. Alas!!!

Have a lovely weekend Aunty, have a speedy recovery :)

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-26, 12:07

sashashyam wrote:
Dear Pallavi.I hope you have seen my latest, Duel of Wills, on the Friday episode.As for Jalal looking down at the farman, even though he cannot read it, that is for 2 reasons- Firstly, because even if he cannot read it, he can recognise his seal, and this make sure that it is indeed his.Secondly, perhaps also because he does not as yet feel up to letting Jodha know that he cannot read or write. That has always been a sore point with him; remember his bitter reference to himself as an anpadh jaahil, in the last conversation between the roohs of Jodha and Jalal?Shyamala Aunty wrote:pollyanna Hello Shyamala Aunty, Its so great to see u back, cheers guess the proper rest and care of the eyes will heal the issue soon. Believe me, u were sorely MISSED, ab toh aadat ho gayi hai aapke posts ki.:) 
@Red: This is so plausible Aunty...it never occured to me :) Thank u so much :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:41

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum