Latest topics

Jodha Akbar - 23.August.2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar - 23.August.2013

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-08-24, 01:47

A word for the actors:
I absolutely enjoyed the performances of (Ashwini Kalsekar) Maaham Anga and Rajat Tokas (Jalal). They use expressions well. *Applauds*
Rajat … work on that Urdu talaffuz, buddy; (or as Jodha would say ‘uccharan’) it’ll be sone pe suhaga!
~*~

Jodha does deserve the victory she’s got.
·         She walked in to the king’s diwan-e-khaas to claim her promise
·         She would not let him leave till he agreed to the claim
·         She finally got Moti free!!
·         She returned the poison bottle to Maaham
·         She told Maaham that orders were needed for slaves, not queens
For once Jodha stood up to Jalal and won, and put Maaham in place.
I so wanted to stand up and applaud. (but was dining at the time… so had to chill with – ‘You go, girl!’)
I agree with the woman who said that Jodha’s proved that she is unlike others. This is the basic difference between Ruqaiya and Jodha.
Ruqaiya thrives on the knowledge that she’s an old friend and the favorite queen of the king. All that matters is, and we quote – ‘the harem!’ um... that’s a petty view for a queen, don’tcha think, Ruqu dear!?
Ruqaiya called Jodha ‘a plaything for the king’. Does she not realize? She is the queen of playthings? Jalal can give her a promise of ‘ask what you want’ and get her to do what he wants. He knows she ain’t never gonna ask anything more than some more hollow pampering. In fact, Ruqaiya is actually scared and insecure – of losing Jalal, not because she loves him, but because she never wants to give up the most important thing ever - the harem, her own little kingdom!

(Come to think of it, when Ruqaiya asked Jalal for his word, I was shocked the way Jalal said ‘Diya’ even before thinking twice. I wondered what kind of a king he was!! But… I overestimated Ruqaiya and underestimated Jalal - he knew exactly what might Ruqaiya ask. Anything which is trivial to a king.)

Jodha, on the other hand, refuses to be a plaything… a chess piece on the board.
She rose to be the one who plays. Jalal would have to be careful to giving out such promises to Jodha – though, she’d use it wisely, yet … she would not use it for anything trivial. Her matters would be serious ones.

Jalal found Jodha his equal whenever he’s challenged her. She’s never given up. She even married him on her own terms. Be it setting terms, playing chess, keeping a promise or claiming one, or a sword fight…
I don’t know why Jalal thinks Jodha lost. Quite clearly, she’s won!

I hope she doesn’t give up trying to figure out Aadam’s involvement in Moti’s case.

~*~
Jalal… Jalal… Jalal…
Maybe we should counter-hypnotize you! You know, usually the hypnotist goes – ‘Your eyes are growing heavy. You’re now feeling sleepy….’
With you we should use – ‘Your eyes are opening. You’re now waking up…..’
Oh well!!

So, Jalal … got your wish? Got to see what Jodha is made of yet?
She didn’t ask you for ‘whatever’. She’s made the promise count way more than any number of Ruqaiyas ever could.
All Ruqaiya could achieve is making the king pamper her for 100 days. Petty, at best.
Jodha got the king to change his judgment and free a prisoner doomed to death. Queen material!!

Jodha means business and is way more ‘dangerous’ than any of his other queens.

Well… gotta hand it to you, Jalal! You kept your word, once again.

While Jalal is right; he would not have listened to any of Jodha’s arguments because the king’s decree is unchangeable. However, she claims his word. She’d even go to the extent of physically holding him back – and of course, he doesn’t let the opportunity pass. Wink Besides, he proved himself – once again – a man of his word. He keeps his promise and releases Moti.

Jalal was surprised - though he hid it well - that Jodha decided to use the promise for this purpose. He was actually so surprised that the matter did not leave his mind till he had talked to Jodha about it the next day. She did not ask him for anything he thought.

To say the least, Jalal is impressed – even if he doesn’t say it.
She isn’t afraid of him. She sets her terms. She plays by the rules. She wins. She claims the promise for the most selfless reason ever. She even knows how to play the shamsheer!! Jalal was clearly enjoying the sword fight.

He tells her that it was stupid to let the promise not come to her avail - but is he complaining? Is he looking her down?
It looked more like he was appreciating what she did with the promise – only he didn’t say it in so many words. But then the thing about Jalal is … he never justifies himself. He never explains his actions. He never clarifies his intentions. That is something Jodha (or anyone else) must discover. If anyone misunderstands him, Jalal doesn’t bother to correct them.

And now Jalal’s big question – does brain win … or the heart! What exactly does he mean by that… we’re yet to see.

~*~
Maaham has not given up even in the face of defeat. She is yet trying to poison Jodha’s mind further regarding Jalal’s tendency when it comes to women. Not that Jodha needs it … she still hasn’t changed her mind about Jalal. But Maaham wants to make sure that Jodha does not rise above what Maaham thinks her place is.

Maaham… we get it that you’re spitting mad that your plan to party was cut short when Jodha managed to get her maid free from the King’s punishment. But why do you let that cloud your judgment?
Haven’t you, the wise, seen what others have? Jodha is unlike others. She doesn’t want to be queen. She doesn’t thrive of the king’s favor. Unlike you, she doesn’t thrive on the fact that Jalal thinks anything of her.
What you see on Jodha’s face isn’t pride … it is self-respect!
You wanna see pride? Check out Ruqaiya!(or the mirror!!)

And if she is unlike others … then her charm isn’t wearing off whether or not ‘Jalal usko paa le’.

Of course, it was Maaham playing a bad sport when she leaves Jodha’s chamber having tried to show her down. Too bad… in her attempt to scare Moti and Jodha, Maaham has shown Jodha her real face - not the tricky one… the unfaithful one.
And… as Jalal and Jodha fight it out … this fact will only cause Jodha to be faithful to Jalal - even more.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar - 23.August.2013

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-24, 03:27

Beautifully explained Shalini .. Thanks for the awesome post

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-08-24, 09:09

Thank you, buddy :)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-24, 10:46

Lovely post Shalini :)cheers 

I am still drooling on Jo-Ja handhold/eyelock and sword fight scenes but having said that a little disappointed that jodha ke bas haath pakadne se Jalal ne Moti ko free kar diya. Nahinn :shock:and here we wasted 2 days thinking what and how will IT happen :no:Lolzzzz

Ruks as u rightly said .....gives me more and more head-desk moment.....her foundation and goal is really shallow, no wonder bindiya chain chura le jayegi Jalal ka Wink

MA and Jalal have such superb screen presence. Just WOW!!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:26

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum