TOI: Iss Pyaar Ko sequel came as a surprise: Shrenu Parikh

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TOI: Iss Pyaar Ko sequel came as a surprise: Shrenu Parikh

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 13:55

aasudi wrote:
zuzana wrote:
archie_79 wrote:TFS Zu!!! long hug 

I liked Shrenu’s views more than Avinash’s views on IPK EBP. Shrenu talked more about the story & Avinash was busy talking about his character & taking digs at BS.
I agree he is coming out with lots of attitude and unnecessary statements which is not needed. Who the hell is he to judge BS or his actions...lets see how much he can carry the show
zu and shilpa agreed to u both

and its not who the hell is he to poke nose at barun's actions ? cuz every other concerned  person is somehow doing the same

its how the hell he can poke nose on barun's actions ?

leave it zu ......... his bolbachhan with unnecessary attitude and statements will back fire on him if he doesn't improve that ......... moreover his bolbachhan has inflicted him more to carry the show on his sole shoulders than with the whole team ...... lets wait and watch
banda has a big task at hand lets see how he fares...each one of his scnees will be minutely analysed Twisted Evil 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 13:56

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Abavi wrote:Zu matha... poor fellow... let him go... chinna pulla theriyama pesiduchu...
(insignificant kid, didnt know what he talks)

Avinash.... You are a marked man now... Buaji's belan is not going to leave you free... affraid
chinna pulla Rolling Eyes :lol!: 
kya baat hai Vi ladki ur siding Avinash ji too much...kya chakkkar hai? bounce 

TRP will be his biggest belan affraid
How big is TRP going to b an issue with it taking a 6pm slot?
Yes Sarra, SP hasnt promoted it well on TV too, only 1 promo has been telecasted & I guess, only 1 SBS & SBB segment on it.

The major promotion is being done OL & I guess they are targeting the OL viewers more as at 6pm slot, youngsters/working women would not be able to watch it, only housewives will be able to watch.
That was my thinking that either they r looking to try and expand on the prime time slot, or that at 6 there won't be really any other major competition in terms of shows...wat time do people finish work in India?

or the 6pm slot gives them more room to maneuver, u don't need as high trp as u would at 8 or prime time and u could cater to online, overseas audience without mayb as much interference to story line, generally even at its worst IPK1 managed around 1.8 wonder if they think they can get those viewers... this like the first IPK seems like an experiment on a few things, not a bad strategy at all..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 13:57

archie_79 wrote:@ Aasudi I agree Shrenu is grounded but the media who is looking around for masala has been harping on the comparisons of Shlok with ASR. I think they would not have left the opportunity to ask Shrenu about the similarities between Khushi & Aastha as I feel Aastha is more like Khushi (except that she doesn’t have a troubled past) whereas Shlok is a bit different from ASR (with the MCP attitude & the belief in God). The focus has been definitely ASR/Barun than Khushi/SI in the promotions.
actually the question hit on my mind too so I said that shrenu is not promoted as much as avinash .......If u remember shilpa I had said once that star is contemplating a char grander than ASR  more to a lovestory grander than ipk .... I still believe that yar ..... and yes media surely had asked shrenu abt the char similarities but might b she refrained it on her own or due to channel strategy ..... moreover , avi is more attitude-ish than shrenu , we almost already know that ......

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 13:59

zuzana wrote:
aasudi wrote:
zuzana wrote:
archie_79 wrote:TFS Zu!!! long hug 

I liked Shrenu’s views more than Avinash’s views on IPK EBP. Shrenu talked more about the story & Avinash was busy talking about his character & taking digs at BS.
I agree he is coming out with lots of attitude and unnecessary statements which is not needed. Who the hell is he to judge BS or his actions...lets see how much he can carry the show
zu and shilpa agreed to u both

and its not who the hell is he to poke nose at barun's actions ? cuz every other concerned  person is somehow doing the same

its how the hell he can poke nose on barun's actions ?

leave it zu ......... his bolbachhan with unnecessary attitude and statements will back fire on him if he doesn't improve that ......... moreover his bolbachhan has inflicted him more to carry the show on his sole shoulders than with the whole team ...... lets wait and watch
banda has a big task at hand lets see how he fares...each one of his scnees will be minutely analysed Twisted Evil 
he already declared zu that his jaw-line muscles hurt due to clenching and unclenching ...... enough proof to his hard work . Twisted Evil  :lol!:

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 14:00

Abavi wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Abavi wrote:
zuzana wrote:I agree he is coming out with lots of attitude and unnecessary statements which is not needed. Who the hell is he to judge BS or his actions...lets see how much he can carry the show
Zu matha... poor fellow... let him go... chinna pulla theriyama pesiduchu...

Avinash.... You are a marked man now... Buaji's belan is not going to leave you free... affraid

Vi and Siding with Avinash in a single line? How dare you zu?  

You can imagine the song Sonnathu nee thanna sol sol sol... echoing in the background!

Vi is always a pakka BS phanka! ... no mijanderstandinjz pleaj!

I only meant to say that this guy or his words are insignificant in front of BS ka actions... and we know that actions always speak louder than words...

and more than TRP, he needs to withstand the comparisons that they make with him and the mr.Perfect.. He put mud on himself... He needs to learn a lot!
appada a heavy burden off ...I was thinking u might be falling for the new ASR in the making Twisted Evil 

poor guy has a tough task ahead

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:00

zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Abavi wrote:Zu matha... poor fellow... let him go... chinna pulla theriyama pesiduchu...

good point sarra cheers  yes SP is experimenting with this slot but if trps are very dismal then its a problem
Yep but unlike say prime time slot where they would want or need a TRP of say 2.5 and above, probably over 3 at 6 pm slot like EGB they could settle for a trp of 1.5 and b classed as being a success for its time? would below 1b classed as dismal for that time?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:01

zuzana wrote:
Abavi wrote:
zuzana wrote:

You can imagine the song Sonnathu nee thanna sol sol sol... echoing in the background!

I only meant to say that this guy or his words are insignificant in front of BS ka actions... and we know that actions always speak louder than words...

and more than TRP, he needs to withstand the comparisons that they make with him and the mr.Perfect.. He put mud on himself... He needs to learn a lot!
appada a heavy burden off ...I was thinking u might be falling for the new ASR in the making Twisted Evil 

She is, can't u hear the heavy breathing? just imagine a twisted icon here

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 14:04

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:

Yes Sarra, SP hasnt promoted it well on TV too, only 1 promo has been telecasted & I guess, only 1 SBS & SBB segment on it.

The major promotion is being done OL & I guess they are targeting the OL viewers more as at 6pm slot, youngsters/working women would not be able to watch it, only housewives will be able to watch.
targeting at somewhere there r ppl already ready to throw disgust ?

star plus sure has a daring heart :lol!: 

I think they r just experimenting with the time slot .... if response is good then I think they will replace ek hazaron mein or saras ....... and 6 pm being the fresh slot , it might actually help since ipk was not only popular online ....... it constituted good portion of trp janta

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 14:12

sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Abavi wrote:
zuzana wrote:chinna pulla Rolling Eyes :lol!: 

Vi in dhak dhaks ..cant wait to hear her go shlok shlok shlok :P 

I think we should tweet about this new fan of his to Avinash eh will b super happy to have a fan like Vi Twisted Evil 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 14:12

sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

That was my thinking that either they r looking to try and expand on the prime time slot, or that at 6 there won't be really any other major competition in terms of shows...wat time do people finish work in India?

or the 6pm slot gives them more room to maneuver,  u don't need as high trp as u would at 8 or prime time and u could cater to online, overseas audience without mayb as much interference to story line, generally even at its worst IPK1 managed around 1.8 wonder if they think they can get those viewers... this like the first IPK seems like an experiment on a few things, not a bad strategy at all..
At 6pm, there are only repeats going on around all channels. SP themselves had toyed with the slot by shifting Navya to that spot but it did not work. People generally work till 6pm but travelling to home in the rush hours, one cannot reach on time to catch it up. So only viewers will be the housewives or the school-going children. I think nowadays, even college-going kids have many other things to do in evenings like tution classes or hanging out with friends.

@ Bold – that looks like a good strategy, of not interfering with the content of the show but we will have to wait & watch how the show is. SO is good in family dramas but their love stories haven’t done well (if u ignore that they were Finance Partners of IPK). IPK itself was an experiment of SP, it was a surprise to SP to see the popularity. Lets c how this new experiment does. I don’t know if it will be highly successful as IPK, both in TRPs & OL (though will reserve my comments until later).

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 14:13

sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

good point sarra cheers  yes SP is experimenting with this slot but if trps are very dismal then its a problem
Yep but unlike say prime time slot where they would want or need a TRP of say 2.5 and above, probably over 3 at 6 pm slot like EGB they could settle for a trp of 1.5 and b classed as being a success for its time? would below 1b classed as dismal for that time?
for SP standards 1 is low...

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:15

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

I think they r just experimenting with the time slot .... if response is good then I think they will replace ek hazaron mein or saras ....... and 6 pm being the fresh slot , it might actually help since ipk was not only popular online ....... it constituted good portion of trp janta
SP know that love stories alone don't sell in India enough for TRP so online and overseas people r not a bad choice especially wen the market that was created by the first IPK, they can get those viewers in, because they may want to throw disgust but u can't throw disgust at wat u havnt seen, and some people will tune in for curiosity to c wat they do with a second, others cause it's another love story, the hype that has been created can get people to tune in, the next is the hard part getting the viewers hooked to tune in daily... interesting to c how they will b measuring success,..

sorry didn't get u? r u saying if IP is a success at 6 they will move it to another time slot? Mahbarat is taking the place of EHMMBH and they have other shows for time slots and being a success at 6 will not make u a success at prime time with the same viewing figures.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 14:16

aasudi wrote:
he already declared zu that his jaw-line muscles hurt due to clenching and unclenching ...... enough proof to his hard work . Twisted Evil  :lol!:
did he Shocked BS ke pass bhejo usse

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 14:16

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:@ Aasudi I agree Shrenu is grounded but the media who is looking around for masala has been harping on the comparisons of Shlok with ASR. I think they would not have left the opportunity to ask Shrenu about the similarities between Khushi & Aastha as I feel Aastha is more like Khushi (except that she doesn’t have a troubled past) whereas Shlok is a bit different from ASR (with the MCP attitude & the belief in God). The focus has been definitely ASR/Barun than Khushi/SI in the promotions.
actually the question hit on my mind too so I said that shrenu is not promoted as much as avinash .......If u remember shilpa I had said once that star is contemplating a char grander than ASR  more to a lovestory grander than ipk .... I still believe that yar ..... and yes media surely had asked shrenu abt the char similarities but might b she refrained it on her own or due to channel strategy ..... moreover , avi is more attitude-ish than shrenu , we almost already know that ......
I dont know if they can make a character grander than ASR, instead they could have gone on to create a New Shlok Agnihotri on his own. I dont remember when Shrenu was asked about the similarities between Khushi & Aastha, which IV was that scratch

Yes Shrenu appears more grounded than Avinash, maybe because Avinash has 2 hit shows, CB & CB2 behind him.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:19

zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Abavi wrote:Vi and Siding with Avinash in a single line? How dare you zu?  

Vi in dhak dhaks ..cant wait to hear her go shlok shlok shlok :P 

I think we should tweet about this new fan of his to Avinash eh will b super happy to have a fan like Vi Twisted Evil 
I think it is a very good idea, he will have got a lot of digs, or hate etc I think he should c he has one very loyal new fan who will fight for him to the bitter end

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 14:22

sarra0 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:How big is TRP going to b an issue with it taking a 6pm slot?

SP know that love stories alone don't sell in India enough for TRP so online and overseas people r not a bad choice especially wen the market that was created by the first IPK, they can get those viewers in, because they may want to throw disgust but u can't throw disgust at wat u havnt seen, and some people will tune in for curiosity to c wat they do with a second, others cause it's another love story, the hype that has been created can get people to tune in, the next is the hard part getting the viewers hooked to tune in daily... interesting to c how they will b measuring success,..

sorry didn't get u? r u saying if IP is a success at 6 they will move it to another time slot? Mahbarat is taking the place of EHMMBH and they have other shows for time slots and being a success at 6 will not make u a success at prime time with the same viewing figures.
yes u r right too

and I believe from the day ipk was tagged with this show that they want buzz cum controversy cum curiosity ........ so they must have to b prepared with strong set of story for initial period...... I dint know mahabharat is going to replace ek hazaron..... but they can measure their success on proportionate basis and comptetitive basis with other channel no ?

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 14:22

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

It’s the IPK fans who might not watch Aasudi, there might be a new set of fans who will watch & Avinash has already some fan following on his own from CB days. EHMMBH slot will be given to Mahabharat. Maybe SC slot might be given to IPK 2 if it clicks.

I think they aren’t bothered about TRPs at this point, hence it has been given the 6pm slot. Like Sarra said, its an experiment. Hence it has been given a slot which even if it doesn’t bring the TRPs, its fine but if it works, they will rethink the strategy.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:23

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:

or the 6pm slot gives them more room to maneuver,  u don't need as high trp as u would at 8 or prime time and u could cater to online, overseas audience without mayb as much interference to story line, generally even at its worst IPK1 managed around 1.8 wonder if they think they can get those viewers... this like the first IPK seems like an experiment on a few things, not a bad strategy at all..
At 6pm, there are only repeats going on around all channels. SP themselves had toyed with the slot by shifting Navya to that spot but it did not work. People generally work till 6pm but travelling to home in the rush hours, one cannot reach on time to catch it up. So only viewers will be the housewives or the school-going children. I think nowadays, even college-going kids have many other things to do in evenings like tution classes or hanging out with friends.

@ Bold – that looks like a good strategy, of not interfering with the content of the show but we will have to wait & watch how the show is. SO is good in family dramas but their love stories haven’t done well (if u ignore that they were Finance Partners of IPK). IPK itself was an experiment of SP, it was a surprise to SP to see the popularity. Lets c how this new experiment does. I don’t know if it will be highly successful as IPK, both in TRPs & OL (though will reserve my comments until later).
I know they have done Balika but don't know wat else they have done in terms of love story...they r meant to b strong in story telling, so let's c, SP should know wat worked with the first one and wat didn't let's c if they learn from it wen they put there 50 pence in...not long to wait now...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 14:26

zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Their 6:30 show is giving around 1.3 TRPs I think

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:27

zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:
I don't really have anything to compare it with, EGB at that kind of time gets around 1 - 1.2 mayb I think, and 7 prime time starts doesn't it.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 14:29

zuzana wrote:
aasudi wrote:
Zu, he told that he is getting cranky & irritable by being in Shlok character the whole day & his friends say he is becoming more like Shlok off-screen too.
I was reminded about BS’s BHPH director saying how BS has an on-off switch & gets into character as soon as the director says action & gets into his usual self as soon as the director says cut.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 14:29

zuzana wrote:
aasudi wrote:
jarurat nahin hai ....... he has taken blessing with his heart from his co-incidental 'bada bhai ' :lol!: 

moreover he said that if he will meet barun now both will laugh ....... more of jaw muscle exercise :lol!:

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:31

aasudi wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:Yes Sarra, SP hasnt promoted it well on TV too, only 1 promo has been telecasted & I guess, only 1 SBS & SBB segment on it.

yes u r right too

and I believe from the day ipk was tagged with this show that they want buzz cum controversy cum curiosity ........ so they must have to b prepared with strong set of story for initial period...... I dint know mahabharat is going to replace ek hazaron..... but they can measure their success on proportionate basis and comptetitive basis with other channel no ?
6pm here is repeats on all channels and Shilpa confirmed that that is the same in India, so they can't compare it against other shows in that time slot, on different channels they will have ideas of wat they will consider a success and they will probably be looking at many things like online buzz etc

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-26, 14:35

cheena007 wrote:sorry for spamming Zu ......now i am curious to know what is the meaning of chinna pulla ?
Sugar, We were refering to a saying in tamil... chinna pulla means... little boy... here it means, insignificant fellow

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 14:38

sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:Yes Sarra, SP hasnt promoted it well on TV too, only 1 promo has been telecasted & I guess, only 1 SBS & SBB segment on it.

I know they have done Balika but don't know wat else they have done in terms of love story...they r meant to b strong in story telling, so let's c, SP should know wat worked with the first one and wat didn't let's c if they learn from it wen they put there 50 pence in...not long to wait now...

They have done BV, 2612, Gulaal & some family dramas. For love stories they have done TMLS, Star one show Yeh Ishq haaye, Sony show Love ya arranged marriage (none of them clicked either with TRP nor OL) & now have taken over SC too.

They have done extremely well with BV & their script is tight with no loopholes but somehow I feel they are better suited for luring TRP audience than OL audience. But lets wait & watch, they have been working a long time on it, so they will have a script on hand when they start.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum