TOI: Iss Pyaar Ko sequel came as a surprise: Shrenu Parikh

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TOI: Iss Pyaar Ko sequel came as a surprise: Shrenu Parikh

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:45

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:That was my thinking that either they r looking to try and expand on the prime time slot, or that at 6 there won't be really any other major competition in terms of shows...wat time do people finish work in India?

or the 6pm slot gives them more room to maneuver,  u don't need as high trp as u would at 8 or prime time and u could cater to online, overseas audience without mayb as much interference to story line, generally even at its worst IPK1 managed around 1.8 wonder if they think they can get those viewers... this like the first IPK seems like an experiment on a few things, not a bad strategy at all..
At 6pm, there are only repeats going on around all channels. SP themselves had toyed with the slot by shifting Navya to that spot but it did not work. People generally work till 6pm but travelling to home in the rush hours, one cannot reach on time to catch it up. So only viewers will be the housewives or the school-going children. I think nowadays, even college-going kids have many other things to do in evenings like tution classes or hanging out with friends.

@ Bold – that looks like a good strategy, of not interfering with the content of the show but we will have to wait & watch how the show is. SO is good in family dramas but their love stories haven’t done well (if u ignore that they were Finance Partners of IPK). IPK itself was an experiment of SP, it was a surprise to SP to see the popularity. Lets c how this new experiment does. I don’t know if it will be highly successful as IPK, both in TRPs & OL (though will reserve my comments until later).
I know they have done Balika but don't know wat else they have done in terms of love story...they r meant to b strong in story telling, so let's c, SP should know wat worked with the first one and wat didn't let's c if they learn from it wen they put there 50 pence in...not long to wait now...
They have done BV, 2612, Gulaal & some family dramas. For love stories they have done TMLS, Star one show Yeh Ishq haaye, Sony show Love ya arranged marriage (none of them clicked either with TRP nor OL) & now have taken over SC too.

They have done extremely well with BV & their script is tight with no loopholes but somehow I feel they are better suited for luring TRP audience than OL audience. But lets wait & watch, they have been working a long time on it, so they will have a script on hand when they start.
Thanks, they did 2612? I have heard of a couple of the love stories but they never interested me from trailers, and if it wasn't for the IPK name the trailer for this one didn't interest either... Yeah they have been working on it, but the script and characters have changed from wen they started... lets c wa magic they can create.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 14:55

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:That was my thinking that either they r looking to try and expand on the prime time slot, or that at 6 there won't be really any other major competition in terms of shows...wat time do people finish work in India?

or the 6pm slot gives them more room to maneuver,  u don't need as high trp as u would at 8 or prime time and u could cater to online, overseas audience without mayb as much interference to story line, generally even at its worst IPK1 managed around 1.8 wonder if they think they can get those viewers... this like the first IPK seems like an experiment on a few things, not a bad strategy at all..
At 6pm, there are only repeats going on around all channels. SP themselves had toyed with the slot by shifting Navya to that spot but it did not work. People generally work till 6pm but travelling to home in the rush hours, one cannot reach on time to catch it up. So only viewers will be the housewives or the school-going children. I think nowadays, even college-going kids have many other things to do in evenings like tution classes or hanging out with friends.

@ Bold – that looks like a good strategy, of not interfering with the content of the show but we will have to wait & watch how the show is. SO is good in family dramas but their love stories haven’t done well (if u ignore that they were Finance Partners of IPK). IPK itself was an experiment of SP, it was a surprise to SP to see the popularity. Lets c how this new experiment does. I don’t know if it will be highly successful as IPK, both in TRPs & OL (though will reserve my comments until later).
I know they have done Balika but don't know wat else they have done in terms of love story...they r meant to b strong in story telling, so let's c, SP should know wat worked with the first one and wat didn't let's c if they learn from it wen they put there 50 pence in...not long to wait now...
They have done BV, 2612, Gulaal & some family dramas. For love stories they have done TMLS, Star one show Yeh Ishq haaye, Sony show Love ya arranged marriage (none of them clicked either with TRP nor OL) & now have taken over SC too.

They have done extremely well with BV & their script is tight with no loopholes but somehow I feel they are better suited for luring TRP audience than OL audience. But lets wait & watch, they have been working a long time on it, so they will have a script on hand when they start.
I actually had liked their Gulaal also...BV is their strong hold so if they bring in a strong story with with good execution then this IPK can be a hit too but cannot promise the same for OL audience

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 14:58

sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:At 6pm, there are only repeats going on around all channels. SP themselves had toyed with the slot by shifting Navya to that spot but it did not work. People generally work till 6pm but travelling to home in the rush hours, one cannot reach on time to catch it up. So only viewers will be the housewives or the school-going children. I think nowadays, even college-going kids have many other things to do in evenings like tution classes or hanging out with friends.

Thanks, they did 2612? I have heard of a couple of the love stories but they never interested me from trailers, and if it wasn't for the IPK name the trailer for this one didn't interest either... Yeah they have been working on it, but the script and characters have changed from wen they started... lets c wa magic they can create.
Yes TMLS was launched as SP discovered a new base of viewers with IPK but it failed to click, even the Star one & Sony show were duds. I too did not like the promo at all & if the title had been different, I wouldn’t have checked it out.

They changed the story in April, I guess SP changed some of their strategies during that time. In Feb, the Meri bhabhi show was supposed to be launched as Shredil Shergill but it was put on hold & revamped & launched in July.

SP was depending on SC to pull in TRPs as well as international audience who were lost due to IPK. Now this IPK EPB was revamped in April by which time SP might have had an idea on how SC was faring. Hence they have gone back to the IPK brand of story-telling. They shouldn’t have changed the characters to make them similar as Arshi is what I felt as there are already many like them around, QH, MB.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 15:00

zuzana wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:At 6pm, there are only repeats going on around all channels. SP themselves had toyed with the slot by shifting Navya to that spot but it did not work. People generally work till 6pm but travelling to home in the rush hours, one cannot reach on time to catch it up. So only viewers will be the housewives or the school-going children. I think nowadays, even college-going kids have many other things to do in evenings like tution classes or hanging out with friends.

I actually had liked their Gulaal also...BV is their strong hold so if they bring in a strong story with with good execution then this IPK can be a hit too but cannot promise the same for OL audience

Yes I liked Gulaal too, had watched a few episodes. 

@Bold – that’s what I told Zu, they are good for TRP audiences but I am not so sure of OL viewers & international audiences.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 15:06

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:I know they have done Balika but don't know wat else they have done in terms of love story...they r meant to b strong in story telling, so let's c, SP should know wat worked with the first one and wat didn't let's c if they learn from it wen they put there 50 pence in...not long to wait now...

Yes TMLS was launched as SP discovered a new base of viewers with IPK but it failed to click, even the Star one & Sony show were duds. I too did not like the promo at all & if the title had been different, I wouldn’t have checked it out.

They changed the story in April, I guess SP changed some of their strategies during that time. In Feb, the Meri bhabhi show was supposed to be launched as Shredil Shergill but it was put on hold & revamped & launched in July.

SP was depending on SC to pull in TRPs as well as international audience who were lost due to IPK. Now this IPK EPB was revamped in April by which time SP might have had an idea on how SC was faring. Hence they have gone back to the IPK brand of story-telling. They shouldn’t have changed the characters to make them similar as Arshi is what I felt as there are already many like them around, QH, MB.
Yeah I tried TMLS and didn't like it, i remember seeing the promos for Sherdil and then they just stopped as SP decided to change it....Yeah SC launched in Feb and yep SP didn't expect the lack of TRP and online activity it got, so back to the drawing board...characters like that have been around before and will b around now but it's the delivery that makes Arhi wat they were which hasn't been possible with the characters and stories and execution from other shows, even IPK 1 lost it themselves after 10months or so..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 15:09

zuzana wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

Never saw Gulaal heard it started of ok but lost its way... but timing may effect trps unless they take into account repeats. SP r either in a win win situation or no win lol

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 15:27

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:How big is TRP going to b an issue with it taking a 6pm slot?
Yes Sarra, SP hasnt promoted it well on TV too, only 1 promo has been telecasted & I guess, only 1 SBS & SBB segment on it.

The major promotion is being done OL & I guess they are targeting the OL viewers more as at 6pm slot, youngsters/working women would not be able to watch it, only housewives will be able to watch.
targeting at somewhere there r ppl already ready to throw disgust ?

star plus sure has a daring heart :lol!: 

I think they r just experimenting with the time slot .... if response is good then I think they will replace ek hazaron mein or saras ....... and 6 pm being the fresh slot , it might actually help since ipk was not only popular online ....... it constituted good portion of trp janta
It’s the IPK fans who might not watch Aasudi, there might be a new set of fans who will watch & Avinash has already some fan following on his own from CB days. EHMMBH slot will be given to Mahabharat. Maybe SC slot might be given to IPK 2 if it clicks.

I think they aren’t bothered about TRPs at this point, hence it has been given the 6pm slot. Like Sarra said, its an experiment. Hence it has been given a slot which even if it doesn’t bring the TRPs, its fine but if it works, they will rethink the strategy.
that's it shilpa, I accept they want to click online,  there  it bugs me to question star's thoughts

yes ipk fans might not watch but ipk fans like me will definitely watch
and others who want sarun in ipk also will watch for evaluation .... thus I said focus is to b on strong story not on time slot and online attention

and yes avinash has fans , a lot of them ,but these fans will not garner that much of views right ?

when ipk fans and sanaya irani fans cant save CC then how will this b saved if not for a strong story ?

and for the already online viewers they have show of their choice no ?
will madhubala fans or qh fans or saras fans r going to give it a chance just because ipk was more popular to their shows and this will let that down ?

its same like barun bashers will love farhan, viraf, anuj or avinash whoever comes the way to compete with him no?
so will it gonna work ?

moreover, while creating ur own niche isn't it good to have a clear market than already negative bugging ?
besides  it takes time to click online right ?

and If u r to earn a new viewer , positivity is the must .... u place a show on 6 pm slot which is considerably bad and confusing and expect it to click online ........ is nt it confusing ?

I m too much confused ..... I believe everyone's head is messed up nowadays like mine

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 15:45

sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:They have done BV, 2612, Gulaal & some family dramas. For love stories they have done TMLS, Star one show Yeh Ishq haaye, Sony show Love ya arranged marriage (none of them clicked either with TRP nor OL) & now have taken over SC too.

Yeah I tried TMLS and didn't like it, i remember seeing the promos for Sherdil and then they just stopped as SP decided to change it....Yeah SC launched in Feb and yep SP didn't expect the lack of TRP and online activity it got, so back to the drawing board...characters like that have been around before and will b around now but it's the delivery that makes Arhi wat they were which hasn't been possible with the characters and stories and execution from other shows, even IPK 1 lost it themselves after 10months or so..

True Sarra, even I tried watching one episode of TMLS but got bored. IPK2 should have actually had 4-L as the PH with the same crew as not only the cast but the crew too made IPK. Even Abhaas said the same thing, even if cast was different, the PH should have been same for the sequel. He was wondering y SP went for a different PH. His IV came in TC, Tants told its posted her but I did not find it, will post it in this Forum, wait.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 15:47

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:Yes Sarra, SP hasnt promoted it well on TV too, only 1 promo has been telecasted & I guess, only 1 SBS & SBB segment on it.

The major promotion is being done OL & I guess they are targeting the OL viewers more as at 6pm slot, youngsters/working women would not be able to watch it, only housewives will be able to watch.
targeting at somewhere there r ppl already ready to throw disgust ?

I think they r just experimenting with the time slot .... if response is good then I think they will replace ek hazaron mein or saras ....... and 6 pm being the fresh slot , it might actually help since ipk was not only popular online ....... it constituted good portion of trp janta
It’s the IPK fans who might not watch Aasudi, there might be a new set of fans who will watch & Avinash has already some fan following on his own from CB days. EHMMBH slot will be given to Mahabharat. Maybe SC slot might be given to IPK 2 if it clicks.

I think they aren’t bothered about TRPs at this point, hence it has been given the 6pm slot. Like Sarra said, its an experiment. Hence it has been given a slot which even if it doesn’t bring the TRPs, its fine but if it works, they will rethink the strategy.
that's it shilpa, I accept they want to click online,  there  it bugs me to question star's thoughts

and others who want sarun in ipk also will watch for evaluation .... thus I said focus is to b on strong story not on time slot and online attention

and yes avinash has fans , a lot of them ,but these fans will not garner that much of views right ?

when ipk fans and sanaya irani fans cant save CC then how will this b saved if not for a strong story ?

will madhubala fans or qh fans or saras fans r going to give it a chance just because ipk was more popular to their shows and this will let that down ?

its same like barun bashers will love farhan, viraf, anuj or avinash whoever comes the way to compete with him no?
so will it gonna work ?

moreover, while creating ur own niche isn't it good to have a clear market than already negative bugging ?

and If u r to earn a new viewer , positivity is the must .... u place a show on 6 pm slot which is considerably bad and confusing and expect it to click online ........ is nt it confusing ?

I m too much confused ..... I believe everyone's head is messed up nowadays like mine

Agree Aasudi, I am as confused as u are :lol!:

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 15:53

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Thanks, they did 2612? I have heard of a couple of the love stories but they never interested me from trailers, and if it wasn't for the IPK name the trailer for this one didn't interest either... Yeah they have been working on it, but the script and characters have changed from wen they started... lets c wa magic they can create.

True Sarra, even I tried watching one episode of TMLS but got bored. IPK2 should have actually had 4-L as the PH with the same crew as not only the cast but the crew too made IPK. Even Abhaas said the same thing, even if cast was different, the PH should have been same for the sequel. He was wondering y SP went for a different PH. His IV came in TC, Tants told its posted her but I did not find it, will post it in this Forum, wait.
4lions have QH so the crew wasn't going to b the same, but from SP point of view I suppose it depends on wat they want, 4lions is weak in the story telling, they can't finish it, saw it with Geet, IP and with QH they also seem to b going around in circles and the story is nothing of nothing...but 4lions can create a craze for the Jodi thou don't know it's use same for Asad Zoya....

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 16:00

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:targeting at somewhere there r ppl already ready to throw disgust ?

so will it gonna work ?

Agree Aasudi, I am as confused as u are :lol!:
forget to add on that shilpa

if they r too much trusting their love story and leaving it in the hands of online masses why cant that trust ensure trp janta ..... nowadays good lovestories with family drama garner trp no ?

ipk did, madhubala was good on trp on its high and qubool hai being a family drama plus lovestory has done good on trps no?

so if they have strong story they should focus on trp more than online mass right ?

star is  at very dangerous slate with this show .... mark my words .... since in business its good to take 'financial risks' , if u take a 'goodwill risk' its worst .... it can backfire u to no end ...

online buzz and masses ka toh kya hai ... see this thread is the heated discussion of the day ... but how many said good or how many r confused is the problem

Last edited by aasudi on 2013-08-26, 16:13; edited 1 time in total

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 16:11

sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:Yes TMLS was launched as SP discovered a new base of viewers with IPK but it failed to click, even the Star one & Sony show were duds. I too did not like the promo at all & if the title had been different, I wouldn’t have checked it out.

4lions have QH so the crew wasn't going to b the same, but from SP point of view I suppose it depends on wat they want, 4lions is weak in the story telling, they can't finish it, saw it with Geet, IP and with QH they also seem to b going around in circles and the story is nothing of nothing...but 4lions can create a craze for the Jodi thou don't know it's use same for Asad Zoya....
I think 4L are best in love stories...and their characterisations are quite good....but when it comes to family drama they are very bad...and sarra I agree with you they start with a bang but fizzle out mid way...it has happened with all their shows as we have seen...but the weakest curve is Asya love story maybe it was purposeful by Gul she wanted to portray it and keep the focus on the family part of the story.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 16:27

zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Yeah I tried TMLS and didn't like it, i remember seeing the promos for Sherdil and then they just stopped as SP decided to change it....Yeah SC launched in Feb and yep SP didn't expect the lack of TRP and online activity it got, so back to the drawing board...characters like that have been around before and will b around now but it's the delivery that makes Arhi wat they were which hasn't been possible with the characters and stories and execution from other shows, even IPK 1 lost it themselves after 10months or so..

I think 4L are best in love stories...and their characterisations are quite good....but when it comes to family drama they are very bad...and sarra I agree with you they start with a bang but fizzle out mid way...it has happened with all their shows as we have seen...but the weakest curve is Asya love story maybe it was purposeful by Gul she wanted to portray it and keep the focus on the family part of the story.
4 lions r best in indian tv romance ..... now nautanki also is crawling but on the same path laid by 4 lions .... they r not bad at family drama either ..... qubool hai got messed up due to too much of parallel tracks nd high voltage instincts but their execution is very good .... they show crap but execute it well .... qh is being weaker day by day due to too much negativity in story telling and a lots of illegimate relationships messed up with each other .... in ipk too they were weak when it comes to handling the family and  after they started OTT comedy .... but 4 lions and gul r not sole to blame on this .... since gul wanted a darker version after force marriage but star forced to change to comedy one ..... a creative needs freedom to materialize a concept but 4 lions don't get enough of that due to pressure yar... channel 'trp jaap' should also b considered no ?

but ipk being a dark story has astonishingly a more positive way of storytelling than other shows ....even in its low, remember the 'shit-all' track .... that was total rubbish but the way they handled it in simple way is what amazes me

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 16:37

aasudi wrote:
4 lions r best in indian tv romance ..... now nautanki also is crawling but on the same path laid by 4 lions .... they r not bad at family drama either ..... qubool hai got messed up due to too much of parallel tracks nd high voltage instincts but their execution is very good .... they show crap but execute it well .... qh is being weaker day by day due to too much negativity in story telling and a lots of illegimate relationships messed up with each other .... in ipk too they were weak when it comes to handling the family and  after they started OTT comedy .... but 4 lions and gul r not sole to blame on this .... since gul wanted a darker version after force marriage but star forced to change to comedy one ..... a creative needs freedom to materialize a concept but 4 lions don't get enough of that due to pressure yar... channel 'trp jaap' should also b considered no ?

but ipk being a dark story has astonishingly a more positive way of storytelling than other shows ....even in its low, remember the 'shit-all' track .... that was total rubbish but the way they handled it in simple way is what amazes me
to some extent SP was also to blame for some of the crappy tracks in IPK..but what about QH they seem to have trps with them and zees full support still they are not able to hold on to the plot and they are bringing in so much of
villainish plots its Shocked 

and yes they are good at execution but I feel content wise they lack heavily

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 16:44

aasudi wrote:
zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
archie_79 wrote: 

Agree with u both totally, hence I am apprehensive of the sequel as it wont have the Gul touch. They have tried to recreate the same characters of IPK but by simply putting in the characteristics would they get the same essence? I will hold my comments on it till I watch the show.

But purely based on the promo of EBP, I can tell that they have got the essence of ASR totally wrong, if they wanted Shlok to be similar to ASR. Couldn’t get the Khushi characterization in the promo too & the concept is not conveyed in the promo. Concept is hate-love but there was nothing shown on it. The main focus was how chauvinistic & how much of a liar Shlok is. That’s what was portrayed in the promo. Each IPK promo had shown us how different ASR-Khushi were & the last one showed the concept that how their conflicts of wanting to hate & wanting to love. The tagline of IPK said it all. The intrigue factor is missing in EPH promo

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 17:06

IP was partly successful because it was positive, I'm talking about the initial 10 months or so after that it wasn't IPK anymore for me, no matter what shayam did it ended up bringing Arhi together, wen SP started there morcha about trp after hate marriage it was doing well in trp it was in the top 5, i think it was top 3 as well the leeway should have been there to tell the story, I think it was also other factors as well mixed in....

4Lions have the freedom to tell the story the way they want, they have the TRP and Zee seems to give them the licence to tell wat they want and they still can't tell a story properly....they couldn't execute the initial story that was supposed to be, the two biddes negativity with each other and killing attempts etc had no positive effect on anyone, they just didn't seem to know wen to stop... so u could say 4lions r an issue and hindrance to themselves....but they still manage...

nautanki have family drama along with romance, and they r not bad at times

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 17:31

@shilps: Shlok is nowhere near to ASR ..he seems to be more darker and more of an antihero...ASR had a vulnerability which made us sympathise with him Shlok seem to be two faced

@sarra: 4L tend to go off track after the initial one year...until that they are fine....infact I see many of the shows starting with a bang but fizzling out after some months...all shows should come with a ending period that would force the creatives to give their best in the short time.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 17:44

zuzana wrote:
aasudi wrote:

to some extent SP was also to blame for some of the crappy tracks in IPK..but what about QH they seem to have trps with them and zees full support still they are not able to hold on to the plot and they are bringing in so much of
villainish plots its Shocked 

and yes they are good at execution but I feel content wise they lack heavily
zu they don't lack content ..... they lack in clearing up the mess ..... they lack ending sensitivity ..... they lack final touch..... but looking at ipk's mess and the way they ended it I can proudly say that despite the mess they save the sanity of the end sequence .....

and about channel support , zee is supporting qh cuz it is going their way unlike 4 lions way since the beginning ........ if they r to focus on asya and ayan humaira ..... they wud rather make it more beautiful but they have too much of parallel tracks and negative high volt dramas that they r loosing concerntration on love aspect and going the ipk way .... doing the same sequences which they did in ipk

if they have focused on the love part more and garnered less trps , then zee definitely had interrupted yar .... I remember the ladakpan ke shadi drama ..... I declared that in zee tv if a male lead gets to marry female lead as his first marriage then it wud b 8th wonder ..... qh and jodha however maintained the sanity of a love story of course jodha being a old format new show and qh being the four lions show .... the 'anhoni' didn't happened .....

coming back to ipk firse they have great chance if the story, dialouges , and screenplay goes to the same team as of ipk for they pivotally work for star network ....... spheres is good on telling strong stories with catchy dialouges [like in balika ] but not to forget here balika has 100s issues available to deal with being it  a societal story but ipk firse is a love-hate tale where family will not b the major focus unless inspiring the hero and heroine character

and if family drama is strongly designed then they wud have placed it on a prime time show slot ..... star is mere experimenting .....like it did with ipk too ..... I believe the show to b the one with MB frame and there r lots of same sort apart form ipk and now if they r not careful enough they have to deal with 'copy' thingy ..... besides I watch 'crazy stupid ishq' by nishar sometimes and being in 'v' it holds more freedom to show love stuffs than in star plus but still the show is not catchy despite  going the ipk way ..... whereas nautanki's do dik ek jaan has freshness in it even though it goes the ipk way with similar situations and sequences

its all upto the fate I think

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 17:50

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:4lions have QH so the crew wasn't going to b the same, but from SP point of view I suppose it depends on wat they want, 4lions is weak in the story telling, they can't finish it, saw it with Geet, IP and with QH they also seem to b going around in circles and the story is nothing of nothing...but 4lions can create a craze for the Jodi thou don't know it's use same for Asad Zoya....

Agree with u both totally, hence I am apprehensive of the sequel as it wont have the Gul touch. They have tried to recreate the same characters of IPK but by simply putting in the characteristics would they get the same essence? I will hold my comments on it till I watch the show.

But purely based on the promo of EBP, I can tell that they have got the essence of ASR totally wrong, if they wanted Shlok to be similar to ASR. Couldn’t get the Khushi characterization in the promo too & the concept is not conveyed in the promo. Concept is hate-love but there was nothing shown on it. The main focus was how chauvinistic & how much of a liar Shlok is. That’s what was portrayed in the promo. Each IPK promo had shown us how different ASR-Khushi were & the last one showed the concept that how their conflicts of wanting to hate & wanting to love. The tagline of IPK said it all. The intrigue factor is missing in EPH promo
exactly shilpa

'nafrat pass aane na de , mohabat door jane na de
'

and 'sometimes the last person u want to b is the one person u cannot b without '

the personality contrast in this tagline was evident in the promo and the show too ..... ipk was a masterpiece and the tagline and the execution's sincerity said it all

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 17:55

zuzana wrote:@shilps: Shlok is nowhere near to ASR ..he seems to be more darker and more of an antihero...ASR had a vulnerability which made us sympathise with him Shlok seem to be two faced

@sarra: 4L tend to go off track after the initial one year...until that they are fine....infact I see many of the shows starting with a bang but fizzling out after some months...all shows should come with a ending period that would force the creatives to give their best in the short time.
ill hold judgement until I watch, but in the promo they have released Shlok doesn't come across as a darker character, jus two faced and therefore a coward, against women...i wonder if people will sympathise with a character if that's wat all there is to him to begin with...

I don't think 4lions last even 1year, i agree that all shows seem to loose the essence they started with and that will b for different reasons, ending shows after a certain time or having seasons is not a bad idea, thou not how they r currently done...being a daily show limits a lot of things..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-26, 18:03

sarra0 wrote:
zuzana wrote:@shilps: Shlok is nowhere near to ASR ..he seems to be more darker and more of an antihero...ASR had a vulnerability which made us sympathise with him Shlok seem to be two faced

ill hold judgement until I watch, but in the promo they have released Shlok doesn't come across as a darker character, jus two faced and therefore a coward, against women...i wonder if people will sympathise with a character if that's wat all there is to him to begin with...

I don't think 4lions last even 1year, i agree that all shows seem to loose the essence they started with and that will b for different reasons, ending shows after a certain time or having seasons is not a bad idea, thou not how they r currently done...being a daily show limits a lot of things..

@ Zu, agree with u. from the promo, it did seem that way that Shlok is double-faced which ASR never was. He never pretended anything which he wasnt. The pain in ASR’s eyes, the lost look of a man………….sigh will I ever get over this character?
Agree with what u told to Sarra too, every show should have a specific period as it was during the DD days but nowadays only TRP matters.

@ Sarra, even I’ll reserve my judgment till I watch it. Purely based on the promo, I have told my views.
Reg 4-L, I have watched only IPK. They seem to lose interest in their shows after a specific time. But I will add that barring a few show, all shows lose their essence after some months.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 19:06

zu I have to agree to u yar .... every show should come up with a specified period .... for lovestory with a theme it wud end in a year .... talking abt ipk I wud have loved it if it was more darker with past justification of ASR parallel at the same time after forced marriage, I so wished the show to b a tragic one but all in vain  .... moreover  the comedy slowly killed ipk's essence ..... and at last we got a very simple past .... thanks to barun and the team that they manage to execute the team properly though even if it was less convincing ....

and abt losing interest or going off track its natural if a story is limited to limited persons n theme without any leaps .... but ipk has lots more to convey which was not conveyed for whatever reasons ....still makes me sad ........... uffffffffffff, I can not get over with ipk ,do I ?

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:34

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum