Latest topics

HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-26, 13:32


After shattering an array of records, SRK-Deepika starrer Chennai Express has become the biggest grosser of Hindi cinema. The film has beaten Aamir Khan starrer 3 Idiots which had earned Rs. 202.47cr at the domestic BO. "ChennaiExpress creates HISTORY. Week 1: 156.70 cr. Week 2: 43.85 cr. Week 3 - Fri: 2.12 cr. grand total: Rs. 202.67 cr nett. India biz only," Trade analyst Taran Adarsh wrote on Twitter.

"Records are meant to be shattered and #ChennaiExpress does just that. Becomes the BIGGEST grosser of Hindi cinema," he added.
Chennai Express is also the second movie to enter Rs. 200 cr club after 3 Idiots. The film has hit the double century in just two weeks. "The film collected Rs. 200 crore in 2 weeks. "#ChennaiExpress 2 weeks grand total stands at Rs. 200.55 cr nett. ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER," according to Adarsh.
Record Express
Here's the list of records broken by Chennai Express so far:
Chennai Express made the fastest Rs. 200 crore
The movie was fastest to get into Rs. 100 crore club.
The movie has also broken records in overseas collections
The weekend collections of Chennai Express is the highest ever.

The film boasts of the highest opening day collections

The film has become the highest grosser of 2013

The movie has the highest Day 2 collections ever

Hindustantimes

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 13:47

thanks Manu, i thou it had moved to around 206c they have certainly been promoting it with all sorts, i don't know if it's true but i also heard ticket prices had been increased for the film, i don't realise u could increase prices for films differently..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-26, 13:49

sarra0 wrote:thanks Manu, i thou it had moved to around 206c they have certainly been promoting it with all sorts, i don't know if it's true but i also heard ticket prices had been increased for the film, i don't realise u could increase prices for films differently..
Sarra ...I too think this is due to price escalations .. and this could be another publicity stunt yaar !!

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-26, 14:06

--sumana13-- wrote:
sarra0 wrote:thanks Manu, i thou it had moved to around 206c they have certainly been promoting it with all sorts, i don't know if it's true but i also heard ticket prices had been increased for the film, i don't realise u could increase prices for films differently..
Sarra ...I too think this is due to price escalations .. and this could be another publicity stunt yaar !!
I had heard that weekday prices were increased by as much as 40% and weekend prices by 20%, there was also offers like buy 2tickets and get the third free, there was supposedly also going to b SRK going to a mall to meet people who had seen his film but that was then cancelled. wat could b another publicity stunt?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 14:09

I want to know is the movie worth a watch anyone have watched it?

zuzana
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9481
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 14:25

zuzana wrote:I want to know is the movie worth a watch anyone have watched it?


my bro watched it ......... he said movie is entertaining but not worth to topple 3 idiots ....... but this Is Bollywood ...... and more than that I heard rumors of ticked-price-escalation

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-26, 14:56

aasudi wrote:
zuzana wrote:I want to know is the movie worth a watch anyone have watched it?


my bro watched it ......... he said movie is entertaining but not worth to topple 3 idiots ....... but this Is Bollywood ...... and more than that I heard rumors of ticked-price-escalation
Thanks Aasudi

zuzana
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9481
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-26, 16:08

zuzana wrote:
aasudi wrote:
zuzana wrote:I want to know is the movie worth a watch anyone have watched it?


my bro watched it ......... he said movie is entertaining but not worth to topple 3 idiots ....... but this Is Bollywood ...... and more than that I heard rumors of ticked-price-escalation
Thanks Aasudi
pleasure Is mine hug1

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: HT :Chennai Express creates history, becomes the highest grosser of all times

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:22


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum