Latest topics

ILKDM #19 : Check but no Mate !!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #19 : Check but no Mate !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 13:48

The Mission to rescue Moti bai has brought  Jodha once again under the purview of Jalal who had so far seemed to have ignored her presence.Friday and Monday was power packed performance in terms of saving  Moti bai, confrontation with Maham Anga, Saving Rahim, The Lit powder Keg & the Sword Fight.

The Game of Chess begins right from Diwan_E_Khas when Jodha Barges into a durbar where political discussion's are going on.. She hands out the farman and demands The Life of MotiBai , The King being the fair one, tears up the farman and abides by his promise of granting one wish. Moti Bai is saved !!

## More than the impetuosity  of Jodha  who cuts into the bastion of Maledom , It was where she was placed that intrigued me a lot.. She was standing in a carpet designed as a chess  board  and the King was  beyond reach, remote and aloof .. watching her from a distance and then he deigns to descend , joins the  game of chess, begins to make his move towards Jodha  !!  Sure enough we had the  Sword fight !!

Let us forget the fact that so far we never saw Jodha practicing or even mentioning her morning gym routine ! It was time for next level  in the love game  and what better way to induct love than Violence !!  The prelude to Love begins with Jalal   traversing towards his training ground when his keen ears pick up the sound of Metal cutting through the air, piqued by curiosity, he pauses , estimates  the direction of the sound, turns to look   and sees through a waves of  gauzy curtains, A figure in white practicing  sword fighting silently , alone and without any inhibitions ..Drawn by the vision Jalal steps towards the fighter , While the focused warrior  Jodha does a  turn and beholds Jalal watching her intently, the raised hand slowly falls down while the King takes a step forward .. Jodha places a leg back  to get a firmer grip, her eyes never leaving his  face, His eyes  reserved for her . Jodha  It is who begins the onslaught which is warded off  deftly and nonchalantly by Jalal who is a master swordsman !interest spiking further, Both Thurst, parry, break couple of vase/lance stand  with Jalal finally managing to disarm  Jodha  ! A move watched on  with malicious contentment by Ruqaiyya ! Not content with Disarming Jodha, Jalal tries to gouge the wound further by softly taunting about her misuse of the Royal Decree, In Answer.. His eyes just inches away from her face, watching every minute trace of emotions crisscrossing her face,  reading those wide, entrancing eyes , SO intent is he on trying to read her thoughts, to dominate her will that he forgets the ongoing battle , Not Jodha who capitalizes on this opportunity, her nimble feet executing a neat side step whilst pulling out the sword from Jalal's hand and pointing it at Jalal's heart, while Jalal is left with nothing but her head gear !!  The physical parry might have concluded not so the verbal parry , Jalal does not concede defeat points out that Jodha has pointed at the wrong side as he does not have heart at all to which Jodha quickly repartee's that it is useless to kill a dead man , turns to walk away but is halted in hr tracks when the emperor serves her a backhand compliment  on her beauty , walks away leaving her to look after him , leaving her to her shaken self !!

##what was remarkable about this duel was the absolute absence of fear and the complete trust they had in one another , Jalal had many a opportunity to swipe off Jodha from her mortal existence but no, he lets her off everytime, Jodha gets an opportunity to detach his head off but she refuses to follow through, Although Jalal taunts her about  killing him, He knows that  she will not kill him , The duel was a love play thoroughly enjoyed by Jalal , A man who jeers her saying that Sword play is no Chess game that gets played in Durbar is moved to compliment her on her skills reflecting a fair and honest spirit who will not let blind hatred impair his judgement or feelings.

Jodha is an enigma to him, For a man who does not have heart, he is considerably affected by her, her actions and her words, He seeks to unravel her and become her master, he strives to triumph her and  be the lord, he wants to vanquish her pride and be the victor, everytime he attempts to do so, Every unraveling leads him to another Knot , which is far more intriguing than the previous one, Another facet which surprises him, catches him off guard and continues to keep him intrigued enough to want to know her even more, the more he learns about her, the less is the vile hatred and more is the grudging admiration. Jalal is getting increasingly entwined into Jodha although Neither Know that fact at the moment ..  As Jalal so pertinently remarked, the King is in "Check" ..The game which began in Diwan-E-Khas with the King making his moves to capture the queen has led to his own self being "Checked " but he has not yet been "Check Mate"-ed yet !!

The  "Beauty" of her lead to his defeat claims Jalal ..but what beauty was he talking about, According to Maham, there already is a begum who is far more beautiful than Jodha, There already is a princess whose Intelligence Jalal so admires , then what was the beauty that Jalal was talking about when he saw a, unadorned, unmade up, plainly dressed Jodha ..It was the beauty of her heart and the purity of her thought, fearlessness to speak her mind and courage to act on her convictions!!.. 

Living amongst the avaricious wife's of his who keep a incessant demand for riches, for his favours,  Here comes a Lotus who has bloomed among this cesspool of Human greed who unselfishly asks for the life of a lowly slave , Slaves who are dime a dozen .. Unlike others , Jalal understands and respects the motive behind her actions for  just like her , he too knows and values life, he probes nevertheless wanting to know how her mind functions, her thought process .. He has realized that unlike Ruqaiyya, Jodha has both the Heart and  Mind .. he has seen the instances where she has used her heart and those instances when she played with mind  but  what keeps him offtrack is the fact he DOES NOT KNOW when she will Use her brain or her emotions, This unpredictability factor has stoked his interest and he wants to know her better, know for sure as to what will rule over Jodha Heart or Mind  ..Little does the King know that Queen Jodha herself does not know what will rule at any given moment hence she will always remain unpredictable , Always  a woman beyond the reach of jalal, The Golden fleece that Jalal will try to conquer  , will he be able to best her or will be bested ..Time shall tell !!

faint Alarm bells  have begun to ring in  Ruqaiyya's  Smug brain, she has not identified the particular cause for alarm  but reacts to it .. Ruqaiyya knows the source is Jodha though.. A woman who was secure in her niche is consumed by jealousy and a teensy weensy insecurity as she notices that Jodha has one skill which she lacks , A skill which seems to bring a smile of delight on Kings Visage ..She tries clumsily to unsheathe the sword from its sheath..finds it quite difficult ..While she is struggling with the sheath, Who else walks in to witness her struggle but the King himself , Without one single biting word, He coolly unsheathes the sword for her, questions negligently whether she noticed him dueling with Jodha and wondering whether Ruqaiyya wants to join him in dueling practice which leads to hasty back pedaling by Ruqaiyya , Who as usual indulges in flattery of Self as well as that of the King  while at the same time trying to downgrade  Jodha ..All of which fails to serve the objective  !!

## The difference between Ruqaiyya's influence and Jodha's influence was well brought out in the scene..  Ruqaiyya comes in search of Jalal, clings to him, holding on to him  while the King does not initiate any  moves unless amorously inclined .. She indulges his flattery, praise all of which leaves the King Unmoved while the words of Jodha reverberate through his thoughts, her face swims into his minds eyes, crystal clear ..He lets slip  the fact that everytime he thinks  that he has succeeded , he finds a new facet of Jodha that leaves him with the realization that let alone the matter of conquest , he has not even won a battle.. With Ruqaiyya standing by him, his thoughts are reserved for Jodha , who cares a tuppence for him while he gives a toss for Ruqaiyya and her words.. ..A man who prides himself on hating Jodha and wanting to humiliate her  cannot stop himself from thinking about her inspite of knowing that the feeling of hate is returned with double the interest by Jodha.He can't stop himself from reacting to her , while Ruqaiyya makes the first move and hangs on to him, it is usually Jalal who moves towards Jodha , drawn by her Audacity, her frankness, her honesty , her principles and ethos..  Jalal whose shrewd brains  subjugated many a armies  is being baulked by one mallika who defies him , challenges him , does daring attacks on him, exposing the chinks.  He is puzzled so much by her that all he can do is pause and stare after her when she disdains his presence,disregards his words  and stalks away haughtily for getting a undeserved chastening by Jalal ..This despite the fact that the Gallant Emperor tried to apologize  for his heavy handedness ... Why would not the King be fascinated by this princess , when  his other women would give their  right hand to be with him, conspire and plot to agin his attention, Here is a spitfire who calls a spade a spade, refuses to flatter the King, refuses to be cowed by him, flounces away in suitable hauteur when unfairly accused and finds ways and means of keeping her distances from him !!!! If Jodha wanted to be away from King's radar , then her efforts have surely done the opposite for the King  has her in his sights and he is in 'Check" with Young Rahim Likely to play the youngest Cupid with  flute than with arrow !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #19 : Check but no Mate !!

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-08-27, 14:21

Wow! You sure do write reallllly well. Used to read some of your posts on IF.

And this was fantastic!

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-27, 14:23

If your almost 24 hours absence means that we get such a delightful post, then I wud suggest, we want more of that MIA Wink 

Sathu, LOVED the way u described each and every movement of the fencing duel, no one touches u in such intricacies.

Some of the sentences in red are just WOW!! (Khushi's O moment) , chess board and duel, explanation of what constitutes Jodha's beauty: Mashaallah!!!!cheers 

Ruk's and Jodha's influence---bounce

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-08-27, 14:28

OMG Tants what a wonderful post . I absolutely agree with you the sword fight was more of a loveplay .

They are both getting drawn to each other unknowingly by them. Maham Anga conspiracy to humiliate Jodha has failed once again. I am waiting to see what she will plan next .

Ruqiaya on the other hand has got alarm bells ringing and it will be soon when she will also start plotting against Jodha when she reliazes the impact of Jodha on Jalal.

The cute little Rahim is definitely going to play a role in bringing JA and JO closer

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 14:34

Vsc94 wrote:Wow! You sure do  write reallllly well. Used to read some of your posts on IF.

And this was fantastic!

Thank You, Vsc94  :)..I am happy that you liked it .. feel free to share ur own views regarding the show too..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-08-27, 14:41

I have just started watching JA. So better that I steer clear of commenting. Lest I get a lesson on my accuracy from all the experts!

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-27, 14:42

Tants long hug  This episode told me how Jo is slowly and steadily making a place for herself in the Mughal empire... not only in the mughal empire, she is impregnanting her presence, her ways, her beliefs in the emperor himself- even without him knowing about it...

While MA is acutely aware of how Jo is marking her place surely and steadily, Jo's another nemesis, Ruq is picking up signs... While with every other begum, she would flaunt and boast about how the emperor prefers her, she for the first time was worried about her lacking in an area where Jo reigns...

You are right tants, Jo not only has a heart, She has a brain too and when she uses what is what puzzles Ja.. She is like a poetry which makes him think, wonder, contemplate, admire and get himself lost in its beauty... and the high point is that he hasnt yet got the meaning of this poem in its entirity... and he intends to do that.. he wants to read and get the meaning of this poem so that he can master it, and then neglect it once he is done with the meaning of the poem... and that is where the problem lies... every time he intends to read it, the poem gives him a different meaning, it throws a whole new light into his life values, makes him discover a new angle of himself ... He has no way of knowing that very soon, this very poem is going to get him intoxicated with it... that he would want to read it, memorize very facet of it... and relish it everyday...

music of choice of the sword duel:

kaNNulae kathi saNdai kaiylae kambu saNdai
kannathil mutha saNdai vaRRiya vaRRiya?
mothathil indha saNdai nikkaadha kuthu saNdai
othaikku othaiya nee vaRRiya vaRRiya?

(sword fights with eyes, Stick fight with hands...
would you come for kiss fights on cheeks?
These fights would never stop between us... its an one on one fight... would you dare for one?)

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 14:45

Vsc94 wrote:I have just started watching JA. So better that I steer clear of commenting. Lest I get a lesson on my accuracy from all the experts!

Not here, we aren't preaching Heroines ..rather discussing Maidens who love to chew through any new nuggets and new POV ..:) ..You are free to share your comments with complete confidence

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-27, 14:48

Its been so long since I read you Tants...whata superb post..awesome!

So true the more Jo is running away from Jalal the more he is getting attracted to her..

So will it happen like Maham's said that once Jalal wins over her he will lose interest Idea 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-08-27, 14:48

Vsc94 wrote:I have just started watching JA. So better that I steer clear of commenting. Lest I get a lesson on my accuracy from all the experts!
No one gives you lessons on accuracy here Vsc... Your post would be unique and special on its own, we strongly believe that every individual has right to have their own view... and we respect that... in fact, with more comments, we get to read and rejoice with more angles of the same point...

Come on, feel free and share your views.. Dont feel shy :)

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-27, 14:53

hum aap se khatti. imagine an angry face here, u write these wen I am at work and can't read your posts, and have to wait to read later...patience is not a virtue of mine!

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 14:54

Abavi wrote:Tants long hug  This episode told me how Jo is slowly and steadily making a place for herself in the Mughal empire... not only in the mughal empire, she is impregnanting her presence, her ways, her beliefs in the emperor himself- even without him knowing about it...

While MA is acutely aware of how Jo is marking her place surely and steadily, Jo's another nemesis, Ruq is picking up signs... While with every other begum, she would flaunt and boast about how the emperor prefers her, she for the first time was worried about her lacking in an area where Jo reigns...

You are right tants, Jo not only has a heart, She has a brain too and when she uses what is what puzzles Ja.. She is like a poetry which makes him think, wonder, contemplate, admire and get himself lost in its beauty... and the high point is that he hasnt yet got the meaning of this poem in its entirity... and he intends to do that.. he wants to read and get the meaning of this poem so that he can master it, and then neglect it once he is done with the meaning of the poem... and that is where the problem lies... every time he intends to read it, the poem gives him a different meaning, it throws a whole new light into his life values, makes him discover a new angle of himself ... He has no way of knowing that very soon, this very poem is going to get him intoxicated with it... that he would want to read it, memorize very facet of it... and relish it everyday...

music of choice of the sword duel:

kaNNulae kathi saNdai kaiylae kambu saNdai
kannathil mutha saNdai vaRRiya vaRRiya?
mothathil indha saNdai nikkaadha kuthu saNdai
othaikku othaiya nee vaRRiya vaRRiya?

(sword fights with eyes, Stick fight with hands...
would you come for kiss fights on cheeks?
These fights would never stop between us... its an one on one fight... would you dare for one?)

Vi Ponnu ...I demand Anjarai petti NOW !!!

Absly Agreed on Poem, she is a poem who stands above an explanation , She is like a prism who reflects different colors although essentially remaining the same , A maze who seems to have many ways out but in actuality has only one way, the way of heart !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 14:57

sarra0 wrote:hum aap se khatti. imagine an angry face here, u write these wen I am at work and can't read your posts, and have to wait to read later...patience is not a virtue of mine!

I can't imagine a angry face, but can imagine the dazzled face a la Jalal .. Admit it, You are smitten by me, You find  me irresistible ...Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ..

It is something that you should develop..remember Sabr ka phroot meeta hota hai

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-27, 15:00

Hi Vsc :) Maiya and everyone else except Jo-Ja dont have any idea about the accuracy factor......so uske liye toh aap bilkul hi fikr na karein :) 

look forward to chatting with u on our current fancy JA :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 15:05

zuzana wrote:Its been so long since I read you Tants...whata superb post..awesome!

So true the more Jo is running away from Jalal the more he is getting attracted to her..

So will it happen like Maham's said that once Jalal wins over her he will lose interest Idea 
Zu, I am here only, It is YOU who deserted me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nope, the answer to tht query was given by Jalal himself... everytime he thinks he has got her, he discovers something new, something unexpected and he gets addicted even more Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 16:27

pollyanna wrote:If your almost 24 hours absence means that we get such a delightful post, then I wud suggest, we want more of that MIA Wink 

Sathu, LOVED the way u described each and every movement of the fencing duel, no one touches u in such intricacies.

Some of the sentences in red are just WOW!! (Khushi's O moment) , chess board and duel, explanation of what constitutes Jodha's beauty: Mashaallah!!!!cheers 

Ruk's and Jodha's influence---bounce

Just Imagine, if I go MIA for a yer, I might come out with a Classic, should I go MIA for a year then Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Thanks, Hun..  Hugs for encouraging and motivating

which reminds me, I have not seen you doing any writing  off late Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ..Missing your writings :cry:

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 16:49

amimus wrote:OMG Tants what a wonderful post . I absolutely agree with you the sword fight was more of a loveplay .

They are both getting drawn to each other unknowingly by them. Maham Anga conspiracy to humiliate Jodha has failed once again. I am waiting to see what she will plan next .

Ruqiaya on the other hand has got alarm bells ringing and it will be soon when she will also start plotting against Jodha when she reliazes the impact of Jodha on Jalal.

The cute little Rahim is definitely going to play a role in bringing JA and JO closer

Ami Jaan,

Thank you  !!:) :)

Yes, Y'day  Jodha got to see a positive attribute of Jalal while Jalal is consciously pursuing her, to break her 'Guroor'..it will be great to see whose  "Guroor" will be the one to break..

I actually feel sorry for Ruqaiyya ..everything is power , related to power, she has a void within her and she tries to fill it with  a ego trip..

That little boy is truly wonderful, being  such a young boy, he manages to mouth his lines ..without killing the Urdu much  while the other's grrr

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-27, 16:54

Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:Its been so long since I read you Tants...whata superb post..awesome!

Nope, the answer to tht query was given by Jalal himself... everytime he thinks he has got her, he discovers something new, something unexpected and he gets addicted even more Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
yeh lo you started to write when I am away :P ..I have so much to catch up now scratch 

He is on his way to win her but doesnt know he will fall deeper for her.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 16:57

zuzana wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

yeh lo you started to write when I am away :P ..I have so much to catch up now scratch 

He wants to teach her a lesson but he will be the one to learn the lesson ...

with all the associated ladies who will try to throw spanner in the works ..

Ekta is going to be one happy woman

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-27, 17:09

Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

not to forget the little cutie rahim

I am really wary fo Ekta...how long will she hold on before she brings her ektaish into the show....the OTT dramatics

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 17:16

zuzana wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Zu, I am here only, It is YOU who deserted me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

not to forget the little cutie rahim

I am really wary fo Ekta...how long will she hold on before she brings her ektaish into the show....the OTT dramatics

The Play already has everything that Ekta craves and thrusts into the show, The difference is it is already inbuilt and there is no need for accidents, face change, 100 marriages :P :P ..She will be happy lady

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-08-27, 18:03

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:hum aap se khatti. imagine an angry face here, u write these wen I am at work and can't read your posts, and have to wait to read later...patience is not a virtue of mine!
I can't imagine a angry face, but can imagine the dazzled face a la Jalal .. Admit it, You are smitten by me, You find  me irresistible ...Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ..

is it a case of : I think your gorgeous, i want to kiss you... I want to hug you.... Love you... . or more likely aap ka guroor hum thorna chaihte hain?twisted twisted twisted

yeah lekin jab har pal meeta hain sabr kar ke kya faida??

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-08-27, 18:28

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

is it a case of : I think your gorgeous, i want to kiss you... I want to hug you.... Love you... . or more likely aap ka guroor hum thorna chaihte hain?twisted twisted twisted

yeah lekin jab har pal meeta hain sabr kar ke kya faida??

Guroor is an excuse to get closer and closer without alerting his other Begums, who might end up demanding the same  ..Haayi, U want to break my Guroor.. So be it... am thoroughly going to enjoy the wooing !!Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-08-27, 20:29

Sathya too good...Its always a pleasure reading your analysis.......:)

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2013-08-28, 08:55

wow.. I must watch the epi tants .. you have described it so beautifully..

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum