Latest topics

Kuch kami reh gayi......IPKKND EBP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kuch kami reh gayi......IPKKND EBP

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-27, 14:11

Kuch kami reh gayi......

TBH, I had welcomed the comeback of IPKKND with a new cast, though would have preferred the same crew as they were the makers who wove the magic the 1st time around & also because I am a bit selfish, being a Barun fan who wishes him to be successful in BW, liked that this would put an end to the numerous calls/mails to get Sarun back.

What I did not expect was that SP would go on to recreate IPK again with IPK2. I personally would have preferred a fresh story with different characterizations. For eg- TMLS had different kind of love stories every week even though the title remained the same. So I was hoping IPK2 to be something on those lines. So it was a bit of a shock to see the same font & same banner in IPK2 as was in IPK.
However, disregarding the same, I am ready to view it with an open mind. When I got the LU from Sumana, I was not pleased with the many similarities between IPK & IPK2. Then later I watched it, I felt it was not bad but not good too.

Positives

1)      Shlok running uphill & watching the sun rise.
2)      Aastha’s mom telling that her lies will bring put her into trouble one day.
3)      Shlok’s mom cunningly using his dad’s mobile to call Shlok.
4)      The stage for the kids’ performance was grand.
5)      Music was ok, not good, not bad
6)      Shrenu was looking cute.

Negatives (sorry but it will be a long list because even if I try not to, the comparison will come)

1)      Avinash was fine in parts but his dialogue delivery wasn’t upto the mark. It lacked the punch which a strong male protagonist requires. His beard look did not give the aura of a suave businessman
2)      Shrenu needs to improve a lot but she hasn’t got much experience, so lets see how she does further.
3)      Cant we have a show where the female lead doesn’t lie to do good for someone?
4)      The University is a school-cum-college? Its not clear yet.
5)      Eeks………….does Shlok’s mom wipe his dad’s shoe with her sari?? This is more regressive than Saathiya. Don’t like it……….Also illogical, I mean what was the hurry? Its not that his father was getting late to go out. She could have got a cloth to wipe it.
6)      Shlok’s employee mistakes Aastha to be a part of the foreign delegates team similar to Khushi being mistook as ASR’s model. This part was a bit illogical in both the shows but it looks more illogical in IPK2 somehow. Maybe the scenes preceding to how Khushi lands up backstage is more convincing than Aastha getting mistook just for standing there in a white suit. In IPK2, the mistake happened as the manager was worried about a model not coming on time to “The ASR’s” show & hence goofs up while here an employee, who supposedly has a very strict & short-tempered boss, is worried about his wife’s scoldings & hence goofs up????
7)      The assistant lies to escape the wrath & Shlok the businessman with brains, gets fooled easily??????
8)      The fight between Shlok & Aastha did not have the required intensity. Avinash was ok but Shrenu did not give the right expressions.
9)      I am confused here, is Shlok a MCP as he has been raised in that way or is he a MCP as the girl has dumped him?? He also does badtameezi with her. Sorry for comparing again, ASR never does badtameezi till Khushi hits the raw nerve of his heart, his di. So what was the reason of Shlok’s badtameezi? Losing out money gives u a right to do badtameezi?
And y will the delegates refuse to deal with him over a simple issue to not getting passes for a kids’ programme? Will they throw tantrums like a kid & refuse to listen to the reasons from Shlok over this & waste their time & money which they spent on a foreign visit? Weird people??

Overall the episode as a new show was average which in time will get its own fan following. If SP is looking to tap the international market with this, I have my own doubts but still would like to watch the show further b4 coming into a conclusion. The episode looked a bit rushed with the finer details missing out. Shlok’s entry was fine, nothing great but Aastha’s entry was a dud.

Somehow it seems to me that SP has ordered the CVs & actors to watch IPK & make IPK2 similar to that, so I expect more similarities down the way. However, SP has got what it wanted. Many IPK viewers would have tuned in to watch IPK2 & at least some have got interested in it. In my opinion for a sequel or remake to work, it should have something which is different than the original. Krishh, Don2, Dhoom2, Golmaal………u don’t find similarities between the original & the sequels. So for EBP to work, it should bring in its own uniqueness but I guess its difficult in the present scenario of Indian TV where all shows copy each other.

DISCLAIMER – These views might look a bit biased but was disappointed with the similarities between IPK & EPB.

PS – Sorry post thoda lamba ho gaya!!! :P 

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuch kami reh gayi......IPKKND EBP

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-27, 15:24

Lols Shilps even ur title reminded me of IPK..

.'kuch kami' :* emb*: 

Lovely post Shilps u echoed my thoughts...they are deliberately copying IPK...I agree the tempo was missing and I didnt get any dhak dhaks :P 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-27, 15:35

zuzana wrote:Lols Shilps even ur title reminded me of IPK..

.'kuch kami' :* emb*: 

Lovely post Shilps u echoed my thoughts...they are deliberately copying IPK...I agree the tempo was missing and I didnt get any dhak dhaks :P 

Thanks Zu, I would have watched it with an open mind but they are not helping it with the constant reminders of IPK & we cant help but comparing which makes them fall short. Its not bad but having already watched a much higher version of it, make one not like this lower version. Imagine working on an advanced version of a software in ur office & then shifting to a lower version of the same software, u cant help but wishing that u get to work on the higher version. But yes, the ones who havent worked on the higher version will be fine with the lower version.

Looks like the CVs & Leads have been shown IPK & asked them to imitate it. Was it necessary?

Why couldn’t they have gone for a different story? Yes shows like QH/MB/Jaan (which have been successful)  all r similar to IPK too which was similar to Geet but couldn’t they have come up with something original now? But this will find its own base like QH/MB/Jaan did but it will be difficult to replicate the IPK craze which even Gul could not repeat with QH.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-27, 16:27

Shilps I didnt like the rakshas...sorry I am cribbing abt it in all my pots..rakshas belongs only to KKG for ASR Twisted Evil 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-27, 16:44

zuzana wrote:Shilps I didnt like the rakshas...sorry I am cribbing abt it in all my pots..rakshas belongs only to KKG for ASR Twisted Evil 

Yes somethings they shouldnt have repeated but its SP, its only business for them.
From the start I am not liking Avinash's beard looks & his taking Barun's name again & again. Why not create ur own identity? Did BS jaap GC name at the start of IPK even though ASR was supposed to be modelled on Maan?

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-27, 17:08

if I forget the fact that while watching the episode I automatically travelled back two years and was in ipk planet visualizing original ipk's scenes with what is shown on screen , then I will say 'haan, kuch kami rehagayi '

I subconsciously poked my mind and heart every now and then not to look back and compare but I could not

the makers left me with no choice

somehow the coincidence seemed forced , and lot other things too .... I find too much incarnations that I ended up making a post ..... I like both the guy and girl but both needs a lot of improvement .....

avi needs to modulate his tone more arrogant and his expression more stiff .....

shrenu needs to work a lot on her acting specially on emotional scenes ..... the 'rakshash ' sounded ridiculous unlike when khushi kumara gupta shouted .... sigh , m again back on comparison Bang 

but the badtamizzi too seemed forced , he has to do so will do type .....

both the actors need to improve on expression deptt

looking through last episode I think this will go more verbal way to silent expression, than ipk

the college or university scene with the girl was powerful one but I felt mild

I didn't watched 'hero' entry so cant comment

the sari-shoe-polishing will link up avi's male dominant nature inspired by his father , I guess ... might b wrong

flashback of girl screaming hurted my eye and ear both at once ....

aastha oldage home scene was average and the scene with her mom and grandy follows the same line

the bus-ferari scene , I find more sort of show off by the makers cum hilarious when the moti blew kiss

the ticket -coincident and the employee's fake excuse got over my head .... dnt like at all.... seemed too forcefully imposed

the final confrontation, avi was good but shrenu was average ..... I don't find sexual tension even when shlok manhandled aastha ..... or is it due to shlok hates women so cant dispose off the tension now ? :lol!: 

and 'rakshash ' was my most torturing moment of the day

the dialouges of confrontation r sth I like though .... not exceptional but good 

overall , if u don't compare to 6 june 2011 ipk first episode , the episode was average with limited weak points

may b I m baised , but the episode even back to  2 years and  2 months , ipk's episode wins over it ....... last comparison for this post  shhh

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-27, 17:26

archie_79 wrote:
zuzana wrote:Shilps I didnt like the rakshas...sorry I am cribbing abt it in all my pots..rakshas belongs only to KKG for ASR Twisted Evil 
Yes somethings they shouldnt have repeated but its SP, its only business for them.
From the start I am not liking Avinash's beard looks & his taking Barun's name again & again. Why not create ur own identity? Did BS jaap GC name at the start of IPK even though ASR was supposed to be modelled on Maan?
gul is like that only na shilps ?

its good that ASR grew  on his own,stand out  and freed himself from maan model ; rather become another icon .... but asad can not fathom the same fate and now back on what ever look form ASR-ish look ..... I second on u on bread look

he seemed like 34 year old not 24 year

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2013-08-28, 04:09

Shilps a nice analytical look at the soap...after the 2nd episode airing I came to the conclusion SP cares for it's viewer.. They spammed and spammed for IPK2 and the kind hearted channel obliged...with new faces, new names new props but on old sequences so that viewers never foget the original.....original ki baat hi Alan hai.. Since they cannot get the original team to give a sequel at least they can remind of them in this way.. So that u can rush to YT and catch a glimpse of the original and be happy....
SP has a caring rishtA for it's viewers just going about fulfilling their wishes in a new way :* emb*:

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-28, 08:01

I wanted to come back to ur post on first epi shilps cuz ur title pulled me towards it after experiencing another 22 min approx...

No doubt u made a very analytical post on 1st epi, considering ur attachment to ipk...and ur title sum up the weakness of the show in a particular episode...but after watching 2nd epi, i have a feeling that 'kuch kami' will remain there till the end... The makers want a shortcut success not please ipk-lovers as they claim ... I think the 'niche' it wants includes any1 but original ipk-ian

they said 'ipk' is back with EBP on 'popular demand'...of course that demand indicates ipk-ians,who r d most dissatisfied-soul on this planet right now... Barring the demand of original cast and the team, even then too the new show cant promise another ipk... Mirroring cant create originality,for mirror shows the surfacial body not the insides,not the soul... And in this case the mirror itself appears a defective one which cant exactly mirror what is in front for it to reflect

ipk fir se dont know the real ipk...so how can it reflect that by mere replication of the format?
Ipk's soul was 'passion' n the new show shows anything but passion

2nd epi-sunrise scene was good but i felt it 'addiction' than 'passion', whereas i saw passion on the very first epi on original ipk's raizada-malik confrontation...n i knw m least biased here cuz while watching the confrontation and ASR of that time,i dint knw who is barun, who is 4L,who is ASR itself...

I barred comparision of ASR n shlok n watched shlok but i cant find passion in that arrogance... Is my subconscious mind unable to accept the barring that i dnt find shlok passionate? Or shlok cant mirror the passion? Passion to hate ...?

Looks like makers respect those ipk-ians whose popular demand they fulfilled, proving 'b happy with ur own ipk cuz that was the best;we cant make another one,if u dnt believe see EBP'

but i still believe there can b a show better than ipk, just it needs heart in it not only business-crazy- mind

star ,however, has managed to pull on the initial hype without any expenses... I doubt they have high expectation from this show,they just want to relish some hype on ipk's success

might b in future i wud b wronged

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:02

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum