Latest topics

IPK EBP..the 2nd episode..your opinions.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IPK EBP..the 2nd episode..your opinions.

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-28, 14:36

How did you all like the 2nd episode of IPKEBP....all opinions are welcome. I dont want to just carry with the show with my biased views. :P 

I found the epi rather disappointing..there was lot of scope for making it exciting but it never came.The script and execution fell flat in many places. The build up could have made it more thrilling. Only thing I liked was the MU between the leads..it had to happen.

I felt the episode focussed too much on the train journey..they could have introduced the siblings of Aastha or shown a scene or two from her family...

Keen to read you all.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Re: IPK EBP..the 2nd episode..your opinions.

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-28, 14:51

I am watching the show Ek Baar Phir ... Just like any other  new show .... 

Other wise I will go mad .....comparing and getting disappointed yaar

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-28, 14:53

--sumana13-- wrote:I am watching the show Ek Baar Phir ... Just like any other  new show .... 

Other wise I will go mad .....comparing and getting disappointed yaar
I too am not comparing Manu...I want an honest opinion of what it is as a totally new show..how does it fare for that?

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-08-28, 14:59

Just watching  the show and enjoying the hilarious comments by the fanatic fans

Dance

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-28, 15:10

Zu I watched it only in 1/2 couldnt catch further. Due to the timings, I can only catch up with it OL which too takes a long time due to my slow net.

And this being a poor copy, how much ever I try not to compare, I get reminded of IPK & when Avinash tries to copy the similar expressions of BS, I get reminded of BS again & then he opens his mouth & everything falls flat

Of whatever I saw & read the WU, I was surprised that Shlok being so rich, couldnt afford a flight or even leave that, he couldnt hire a car or even leave that, he couldnt travel in 1st class AC or  even leave that, he wasnt intelligent enough to know that you need a ticket for traveling. 

And why does Aastha throw his wallet outside to him rather than calling him inside the train when she knows he is in a hurry to reach Pune?

Why is he leaving it until the last moment to reach home if his father means the world to him? He could have traveled at night with a driver in tow?

Bas mere itne se brain mein abhi ke liye itnaich Qs aa rahe hain :P

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-28, 15:32

Zu, as a totally new show, it dint impress me...

Starting with what i like
1) the mother n her portrayal

2) shlok's father's intro plus that glance

coming to dislikes , i have only 1 i.e. All except what i mentioned as my likes

most of the scenes looked forced...with weak execution ,weaker script...unconvincing storytelling...

I liked avi in first epi but that vanished in thin air with second epi...shrenu's screen presence was good but all-chirpy-n-bubbly-act went overboard...she wil rather suit serious-bahu stuff than a romantic-lovestory

avi lacks passion to hate,voice modulation,dialouge-sensitivity,intensity,darkness,expressions

actor-actor,actor-director co-ordination is lacking....justifications n monolouges were added even when not needed

ps= i felt gud that it was no where close to ipk in 2nd epi except some scenes but get disappointed that they dnt want uniqueness...it seemed like they r fulfilling the duty than getting into the character

pps= i m surprised that ,why dint barun's jaw broke after playing ASR? When avi's jaw hurts a lot with this much? [sorry, but thoda comparison karneka dil kiya...lol]

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-28, 15:41

@archie
m i allowed to answer that shilps?

All ur why Qs have only one answer...i.e.
Munda-mundi has to meet by co-incidence forced by luub-directory,oops..destiny[sry tounge slip...lol]
n makers r too much creative towards non-creation

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-28, 15:44

archie_79 wrote:Zu I watched it only in 1/2 couldnt catch further. Due to the timings, I can only catch up with it OL which too takes a long time due to my slow net.

And this being a poor copy, how much ever I try not to compare, I get reminded of IPK & when Avinash tries to copy the similar expressions of BS, I get reminded of BS again & then he opens his mouth & everything falls flat

Of whatever I saw & read the WU, I was surprised that Shlok being so rich, couldnt afford a flight or even leave that, he couldnt hire a car or even leave that, he couldnt travel in 1st class AC or  even leave that, he wasnt intelligent enough to know that you need a ticket for traveling. 

And why does Aastha throw his wallet outside to him rather than calling him inside the train when she knows he is in a hurry to reach Pune?

Why is he leaving it until the last moment to reach home if his father means the world to him? He could have traveled at night with a driver in tow?

that was seriously ridiculous...he doesnt know he needs a ticket in the train Rolling Eyes 

and yes shilps I too had the same questions...why did he leave the train midway when he knows his father is fasting? and is his ego so big that he ddint take the money she offered than his father??? anyways it was not convincing at all..lot of loopholes and this is just the 2nd episode which they had planned for so long..

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-28, 15:49

aasudi wrote:Zu, as a totally new show, it dint impress me...

Starting with what i like
1) the mother n her portrayal

2) shlok's father's intro plus that glance

coming to dislikes , i have only 1 i.e. All except what i mentioned as my likes

most of the scenes looked forced...with weak execution ,weaker script...unconvincing storytelling...

I liked avi in first epi but that vanished in thin air with second epi...shrenu's screen presence was good but all-chirpy-n-bubbly-act went overboard...she wil rather suit serious-bahu stuff than a romantic-lovestory

avi lacks passion to hate,voice modulation,dialouge-sensitivity,intensity,darkness,expressions

actor-actor,actor-director co-ordination is lacking....justifications n monolouges were added even when not needed

ps= i felt gud that it was no where close to ipk in 2nd epi except some scenes but get disappointed that they dnt want uniqueness...it seemed like they r fulfilling the duty than getting into the character

pps= i m surprised that ,why dint barun's jaw broke after playing ASR? When avi's jaw hurts a lot with this much? [sorry, but thoda comparison karneka dil kiya...lol]
aasudi long hug 

I too liked his mum re..she was good ..and I liked the small attention to details..the way she kept her shoes herself but washed her hands later...it was nice on the directors part

ooops I missed the dads glance then

and yes avinash has not got that arrogant style fully well...err lets wait and see if he is able to get into the character after some days

baruns jaw :* emb*: ..aasudi when did avinash clench his jaw I tried hard but didnt find any scenes portraying that sort of anger or jaw clenching scenes bounce 

and yes the comparision to IPK was non existence and I felt good abt it..they better keep it tht way

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-28, 15:54

zuzana wrote:
archie_79 wrote:Zu I watched it only in 1/2 couldnt catch further. Due to the timings, I can only catch up with it OL which too takes a long time due to my slow net.

that was seriously ridiculous...he doesnt know he needs a ticket in the train Rolling Eyes 

and yes shilps I too had the same questions...why did he leave the train midway when he knows his father is fasting? and is his ego so big that he ddint take the money she offered than his father??? anyways it was not convincing at all..lot of loopholes and this is just the 2nd episode which they had planned for so long..

The scenes have been forcefully added so that the leads can have their fights, that it……there is no thought given to any scenes. The connect between the leads is missing……..

The connection between Aranv-Khushi was established when Khushi closes her eyes for help & Arnav opens his eyes.......when he sitting utterly bored in the show has his attention diverted towards Khushi & she falls into his lap...........when the sparks of attraction fly between them
In EBP, the whole connection between the 2 is missing.......here there was nothing.

One more thing is the feel of the city where the location was, be it Lucknow or Delhi was shown. Khushi had the English with hindi accent & the other characters had Lucknowi accent, but I did not see any Marathi accent in the characters whom I heard till now.

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-28, 16:02

archie_79 wrote:
zuzana wrote:

The scenes have been forcefully added so that the leads can have their fights, that it……there is no thought given to any scenes. The connect between the leads is missing……..

The connection between Aranv-Khushi was established when Khushi closes her eyes for help & Arnav opens his eyes.......when he sitting utterly bored in the show has his attention diverted towards Khushi & she falls into his lap...........when the sparks of attraction fly between them
In EBP, the whole connection between the 2 is missing.......here there was nothing.

One more thing is the feel of the city where the location was, be it Lucknow or Delhi was shown. Khushi had the English with hindi accent & the other characters had Lucknowi accent, but I did not see any Marathi accent in the characters whom I heard till now.
exactly shilps there is no thought gone into any of the scenes...they couldnt even find a valid reason to make him get into the train...the build up was so poor ..you can see how the CVs of IPK had put their heart and soul into the scenes..no wonder it remains the master peiece.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-28, 16:18

@shilpa
agreed completely...i also said that there is no passion,no intensity

this happened cuz those who made ipk know the connections shilpa n understand them but the new crew have only seen that...not read through the screen ,only watched what n how scenes r shown surfacial...so how can we except the depth,actually,unspoken depths of ipk here?

The new makers r not 'ipk-lovers' like fans,like us...they r 'ipk-lusters'...in more appropriate terms 'success-lusters'

i feel more bad at the thought that ipk is used n will thrown out if this fake-flick continues failure to click

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-08-28, 16:20

All I saw was Shlok scrunching his eyebrows so tight all the time that by the end of the episode by eyebrows were hurting. Someone teach him angst is portrayed through the eyes, not the eyebrows.

TC jee was the best part of the episode, hands down.

I am relieved that there were no more blatant copying though.

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-28, 16:28

Zu.. Ya barun's jaw is ohh-ahh-able ,even in beard look not like certain someone's jungle-jaw...lol

n i wonder the same that avi's portrayal is not worth jaw-breaking type so how come he claim that offscreen? *arghhh*
total showing off this n that, i dnt like such stuff at all

dikhta toh hatta-katta banda hai, par jaw is totally useless ...lol

barun ka toh jaw bhi act karta tha, may be avi forces his jaw too much to act so hurts

my respect 4 sobti increases further*salute*

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-28, 19:26

laddoo598 wrote:All I saw was Shlok scrunching his eyebrows so tight all the time that by the end of the episode by eyebrows were hurting. Someone teach him angst is portrayed through the eyes, not the eyebrows.

TC jee was the best part of the episode, hands down.

I am relieved that there were no more blatant copying though.
exactly Tanu somebody teach him how to expresss the anguish and angst.

Only saving grace was it sounded like some alien new show without any copying done.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-08-28, 19:45

Zu I am enjoying it... IPK is such a league apart from everything that I don't worry too much about copycats ... IPK is on a very high pedestal and everything else I enjoy as second grade serials...not expecting much from them....

IPK2 "itna khaas nehi hai, itna bura bi nehi hai" only few Hindi lines I know; all from my Bible of IPK Wink

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-29, 11:49

Shesherkobita wrote:Zu I am enjoying it... IPK is such a league apart from everything that I don't worry too much about copycats ... IPK is on a very high pedestal and everything else I enjoy as second grade serials...not expecting much from them....

IPK2 "itna khaas nehi hai, itna bura bi nehi hai" only few Hindi lines I know; all from my Bible of IPK Wink
Sabi enjoy re!

so right...IPK is league apart..not easy tp match..hope they dont make a fool of themselves bytrying to copy it.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-08-29, 13:48

zuzana wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:Zu I am enjoying it... IPK is such a league apart from everything that I don't worry too much about copycats ... IPK is on a very high pedestal and everything else I enjoy as second grade serials...not expecting much from them....

Sabi enjoy re!

so right...IPK is league apart..not easy tp match..hope they dont make a fool of themselves bytrying to copy it.
nice 2 see u all here

didnt impress me much....couple lack intensity and I dnt like the voice modulation....Khushi and Asr voice has dier own identity....here I feel it is blank:no: ....

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-29, 13:56

anusha.cochin wrote:
zuzana wrote:

Sabi enjoy re!

nice 2 see u all here

didnt impress me much....couple lack intensity and I dnt like the voice modulation....Khushi and Asr voice has dier own identity....here I feel it is blank:no: ....
Anu you are watching it? Yes it lacks that punch ....its quiet bland yeah their voices had its own kashish.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-08-29, 13:58

my honest opinion

when I saw it as different… baap re cant compare it with IPk

I felt nothing like I think and feel and expect the best is yet to come

Onfirst episode

All the sequences, location looked cheaper

He siad he lost croroe why cause his clients missed theat programme

U must be kidding

Then who were the audience only countable numbers

Then shrenu looks more enthusiastic, I mean over

Shlok wil look good if he gives natural acting I think he was trying to copy some tome whom I love

But the second epi was better at least in terms of his bhabhi- who like puppy obeying all her MIL directions

Her MIL she is my favorite actress and was good

Hen her father who forgets things and all

Some small small things are  good an I hated pushing and pulling which looked artificial

What they thinks if they include pull they will make IPk

Then shlok needs to act more of his own like in promo  and I hadn’t liked his acting bit

But shrenu can do better 

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-08-29, 14:22

clarissasham wrote:my honest opinion

Onfirst episode

U must be kidding

Shlok wil look good if he gives natural acting I think he was trying to copy some tome whom I love

But the second epi was better at least in terms of his bhabhi- who like puppy obeying all her MIL directions

Some small small things are  good an I hated pushing and pulling which looked artificial

Then shlok needs to act more of his own like in promo  and I hadn’t liked his acting bit

But shrenu can do better 
Shammi long hug 

Yes Avinash should stop copying and act his own....he is not able to bring tht angst expressions thru his eyes.

I too loved the mum...and sorry I didnt watch the 3rd episode

shrenu is better than avinash ..but script needs to get better..its too weak nothing catchy about the story line or the way its executed the punch is missing...even for a new show It didnt catch my interest

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-08-29, 18:09

zuzana wrote:

Onfirst episode

U must be kidding

But shrenu can do better 
Shammi long hug 

Yes Avinash should stop copying and act his own....he is not able to bring tht angst expressions thru his eyes.

shrenu is better than avinash ..but script needs to get better..its too weak nothing catchy about the story line or the way its executed the punch is missing...even for a new show It didnt catch my interest

Agree with both of u on everything

@ Bold - I think Shrenu is acting better than Avinash as she is not trying to copy SI, she is acting her way but Avinash (maybe on SP orders) is trying to copy Barun instead of bringing in his own acting.
From the 3 epis so far, haven’t watched the 3rd epi but read the WU, I feel that the concept was of Aastha coming into Agnihotri household & changing their outlook & in between SP changed Shlok’s character to ASR. Acc. to Avinash, his character was a sweet one b4 & later got changed to grey one. It would have been better if they had stuck to their original concept.
Looks like after they fall in love, PH will bring the saas-bahu angle to stretch the show

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-08-29, 18:47

archie_79 wrote:
zuzana wrote:

Onfirst episode

U must be kidding

But shrenu can do better 
Shammi long hug 

@ Bold - I think Shrenu is acting better than Avinash as she is not trying to copy SI, she is acting her way but Avinash (maybe on SP orders) is trying to copy Barun instead of bringing in his own acting.
From the 3 epis so far, haven’t watched the 3rd epi but read the WU, I feel that the concept was of Aastha coming into Agnihotri household & changing their outlook & in between SP changed Shlok’s character to ASR. Acc. to Avinash, his character was a sweet one b4 & later got changed to grey one. It would have been better if they had stuck to their original concept.
Looks like after they fall in love, PH will bring the saas-bahu angle to stretch the show
shilpa , I choose slightly differ with ur views here dear

I too missed some initial scenes from 3rd epi but watched later today ..... and I don't find shrenu doesn't resembles sanaya at all in enacting .... she too seems incarnating sanaya, but not to the extent avinash incarnates barun......avinash is  full-on impostering barun yar .... even the hands-sliding-in-pocket too ....  I was like what the ?

yes u may say not copying sanaya at all but there is resemblance and my views r based on the fact that the chirpy-bubbly-clumsy act doesn't suit her.... there was a scene or say confrontation of shastha in yesterday's episode and the way she make astonished face was a replication of sanaya or say khushi ... I felt that way .... I don't find that convincing .... sanaya was very good as 'khushi' from the beginning , later on she excelled that  .....

shrenu and avinash both lacks passion to depict what they r supposed to .... obviously they work hard , no doubt on that .... what goes wrong is script and presentation replication even if the characters slightly deviates .... comparatively , yes shrenu is good in 3rd epi, whereas avi in first ... in 2nd both dint differ that much ....

its due to execution too .... I believe if barun and sanaya were to b in this place and original ipk was non-existence then there wud b a little difference only....
after all nothing is in only actors hand yar ....

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-08-30, 13:35

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
zuzana wrote:

Onfirst episode

U must be kidding

But shrenu can do better 
Shammi long hug 

shilpa , I choose slightly differ with ur views here dear

I too missed some initial scenes from 3rd epi but watched later today ..... and I don't find shrenu doesn't resembles sanaya at all in enacting .... she too seems incarnating sanaya, but not to the extent avinash incarnates barun......avinash is  full-on impostering barun yar .... even the hands-sliding-in-pocket too ....  I was like what the ?

yes u may say not copying sanaya at all but there is resemblance and my views r based on the fact that the chirpy-bubbly-clumsy act doesn't suit her.... there was a scene or say confrontation of shastha in yesterday's episode and the way she make astonished face was a replication of sanaya or say khushi ... I felt that way .... I don't find that convincing .... sanaya was very good as 'khushi' from the beginning , later on she excelled that  .....

shrenu and avinash both lacks passion to depict what they r supposed to .... obviously they work hard , no doubt on that .... what goes wrong is script and presentation replication even if the characters slightly deviates .... comparatively , yes shrenu is good in 3rd epi, whereas avi in first ... in 2nd both dint differ that much ....

its due to execution too .... I believe if barun and sanaya were to b in this place and original ipk was non-existence then there wud b a little difference only....
after all nothing is in only actors hand yar ....
nice observation dearies shilpa zu and assudi

I saw all four epis and I agree with zu and shilpa on lack of punch in script

Its lack really lacks

Then assudi till Wednesday I never had slight feel that she is copying Khushi but last day I had slight feel like some way or other

But she is better than him I would reiterate

One more I think im able to ee it as different story altogether not connecting with IPk

And only thing I hate is that  that signature tune
Blaaah

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by chitmanas on 2013-08-30, 14:58

Agree with those who said IPK was different and defiinitely way above the recent shows (don't know much about old shows). i've already compared so many new shows to IPK and found that none of them comes close ....... after quite a few disappointments, figured out it's a waste of time to expect things........decided to watch IPK-EBP just for itself and not think that I'll see Arnav or Khushi on screen (gave myself a strict warning)

I actually didn't mind EBP, but lots of things need to improve, but it's too soon and may be they need some time? I'm making adjustments to the lead pair, though very slowly. Don't mind the story as long as it doesn't turn into a MIL-DIL war, can't stand those ........ i hope to see some romance, takraar and some spicy stuff.......if the show's no good, then i can move on to the next one :) , which is what I've already been doing Wink 

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum