Latest topics

This Week's Review-26th -30th August 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Week's Review-26th -30th August 2013

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-08-31, 17:28

Oh Hi Quboolhaians, hope you all had a wonderful week. Allow me to wish a Hearty Happy Independence Day to my country, Trinidad and Tobago. This week was interesting,but confusing...read and conclude  if you all share my thoughts as well....

Highs

Although Asad is smitten with Zoya, he has not lost all his marbles. Haseenabhi's demand for a "dowry" was curtailed with that piercing stare and his deliberate reminder of his threats(In Islam it is the Men who gives the dowry not the women,do not know what Book Gul is reading). A road Hassenabhi dare not thread.High Five for Asad,love seeing the Akadoo once again.

Imran is also proving his love for Najma, he has agreed to allow her to continue her academics after Marriage despite Hassenabhi's disapproval. He is standing up to his mother to give his love what she wants ,at least in doing this his doesnot appear to be "hen-pecked" like Asad. Finally we see the men of QH taking a stand. However Haseenabhi appears to be the punch bag. Rashid also has his turn on Haseenabag when she came with the new alliance with her eldest son, Farhaan, to Nikhaat. Shirin also stood up, happy to the character developing some substance in the least.

Ayaan and Humeria's love story is getting passionate and sacrificial. We see the yearning in both their hearts and eyes. Their concern for each other is definitely hot and happening! We have seen's Humeria's  pain of rejection reaching out to Ayaan and lashing out to him. He tolerates it because he loves her and knows that he is the cause. We have seen him putting aside all misgivings and tries to take her to the Doctor,when he discovers that her meds were finished and she had not taken any. Her passionate refusal and hit on the head with a vase, was a reaction to one with a broken  heart. Her regret was also inevitable, the disbelief was unbearable that she faints from this stressed circumstance.( Yes Yes I am biased!)

Zoya ki jasusa,I expected more out of this story, where Zoya discovers Imran's secret alliance with Tanveer. It is unusual for her to just "let it be" or ignore such a cue.I guess this will later be a big "bang" for the show...Sleep Sleep 
I am happy to see our jodi had a little fight...found the making up was too swift,there should have at least an episode late to do so. This was their first fight as a couple more was needed.

Lows

Arre,Zoya's potryal of Sridevi fell flat, it was unnecessary and uncalled for. Asad and Zoya are adults, he no longer even gets "worked up" over the actress. There was another blooper. Where was Zoya's Scar? Is it a convenient issue when needed.Common Gul be consistent!. 

I could not understand Nikhaat's sudden agreement with an alliance from a woman who took advantage of her family and treated her with so much scorn and disdain. Where is my mature and intelligent girl? Her rebound may have consequences. After all she is not at all over Imran, the character is portrayed as being desperate and  helpless because of her skin colour? Geez man Muslim woman are stronger than that, Indian women have progressed....

Humeria's illness, where did that come from,all of sudden she is dying?There is no hope with a hole in the heart? Are we in the 60s era? We are seeing the Romeo and Juliet love story here except the "Juliet" may die due to a stupid misunderstanding. This storyline is crap,I do appreciate the actors in this few scenes and the sacrifice Ayan and Humeria  are willing to offer for the other's happiness yet both miserable.

well that's all folks......looking forward to seeing this Farhaan (might be the same guy who dropped off Zoya....just speculating). Wink

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Re: This Week's Review-26th -30th August 2013

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-31, 20:56

What an awesome review Zainab!!!! cheers Thumbsup Am a fan of ur well balanced critical analysis, party4 wish the makers take a note of the issues u have put forth :) :) 

Ayan-Humeira love story has been the only saving grace for the entire week. I did not even bother to look at Asya scenes, they were too forced ,OTT and arificial Bang

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-08-31, 20:59

Awww Pallus, thanks, I hope you donot mind kinda took over from you. When you wish to contribute let me.I do enjoy myself though...lols

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-08-31, 21:05

Zainab......I absolutely love your reviews dear and look forward to read u every Saturday......bounce hug1

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-08-31, 21:42

Awesome!hug1 hug1

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-08-31, 22:24

Thanks Zai... Fantastic review... I had forgotten half the week ... Reading you makes me feel there was more to that week than I thought. 

Happy Independence Day to you ... What were the circumstances of independence for Trinidad and Tobago? Sorry ...am too poor in history. 

yes, there is no Dowry for Muslim women, it's the MAN who pays mohrana... My hunch is ...this is a cultural issue in India... For centuries women have paid dowries...so it's ingrained in culture... It's not part of religion ... Dowry is probably illegal in India but still some families ask for it and some bride's family still pays. 

Loved your description of Ayan humaira. Sridevi... Hmmm... Men have their fantasies and a willing partner sometimes fulfill them... The most popular fantasy among men in their 40s in USA is Princess Leia golden bikini.... He he he he ... That golden Sridevi costume always reminds me of that golden bikini.... Sorry I digress... I didnt mind the dance. 

aaahhhh the infamous HOle in the heart.... Bigger than the plot hole. :lol!: 

Thanks again for the wonderful synopsis.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-09-01, 00:01

thanks Sab, We were under the Spanish Colony then the British, like India we are part of the commonwealth. Today is our 51st Independence Anniversary. Our Country's history is rich with African Slavery,Chinese and East Indian Indentureship.

My ancestors came from Gujraat (India),Caracas       (Venezuela),I am also mixed with Chinese and Syrian. Trinidad is a country you can find people with mixed races and religion. Any race in the world can be found here at home.

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-09-01, 00:51

perfumeheaven wrote:thanks Sab, We were under the Spanish Colony then the British, like India we are part of the commonwealth. Today is our 51st Independence Anniversary. Our Country's history is rich with African Slavery,Chinese and East Indian Indentureship.

My ancestors came from Gujraat (India),Caracas       (Venezuela),I am also mixed with Chinese and Syrian. Trinidad is a country you can find people with mixed races and religion. Any race in the world can be found here at home.
Wow... Thanks Zai... So you do have some Indian connection ! That's awesome that you have such mixed races ... I had a classmate from T& T, Stan , he was very funny, great sense of humor...worked for ministry of health. Beautiful country , beautiful people ... Salutations on your joyous day!

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-09-01, 02:44

Shesherkobita wrote:
perfumeheaven wrote:thanks Sab, We were under the Spanish Colony then the British, like India we are part of the commonwealth. Today is our 51st Independence Anniversary. Our Country's history is rich with African Slavery,Chinese and East Indian Indentureship.

Wow... Thanks Zai... So you do have some Indian connection ! That's awesome that you have such mixed races ... I had a classmate from T& T, Stan , he was very funny, great sense of humor...worked for ministry of health. Beautiful country , beautiful people ... Salutations on your joyous day!
Thanks sweetheart

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:30

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum