Latest topics

How Paridhi Sharma bagged the coveted role of Jodha ..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Paridhi Sharma bagged the coveted role of Jodha ..

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-01, 20:23

A lot has been said about how finicky the doyen of Indian soaps Ekta Kapoor is when it comes to the casting of her actors.

She is said to have gone through as many as 7000 audition entries in the course of a nationwide hunt spanning 8 months before she gave her final nod of approval to the beautiful Paridhi Sharma to play Jodha in her historical magnum opus coming up in Zee TV’s Jodha Akbar.

It is interesting to note here that there was one other prominent face amongst the 7000 aspiring Jodhas that had almost made the cut.

Insiders reveal that Toral Rasputra had also auditioned for the coveted role and the creative team was quite impressed with her. However, Ekta took one look at her and said, “That’s not my Jodha!”

For Jodha, Ekta reveals, “I wanted someone who possesses the radiance and dignity of the loveliest Rajput princess Indian history’s seen. I’m told Jodha was someone whose eyes conveyed humility, simplicity, courage and conviction. Paridhi embodies everything I had in mind for Jodha. When Paridhi stood there in Jodha’s bridal finery and delivered some of her lines, I knew the role belonged to her!”

Paridhi Sharma has previously been a part of Ekta’s productions but this is her first role as a lead. With a big smile on her face, Paridhi said, “Landing Jodha’s role is a dream come true. To begin with, the fact that it’s a lead role in an Ekta Kapoor production … on a popular channel like Zee TV … add to that the fact that I’m playing a famous historical figure in a lavish period drama … Could I possibly ask for more?” She added, “I know the expectations are sky high and I have a tough task ahead….but I know I’ll strive hard, work my strengths to my advantage and deliver  my best.

credits Amar Ujala

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: How Paridhi Sharma bagged the coveted role of Jodha ..

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-01, 20:39

Tfs sumi

an excellent choice by ekta...
Since the show started until now, i have seen her growth... A lot of growth

at first, i liked rajat but dnt liked paridhi to b honest... Now i like her more than rajat... Of course they need to grow than this but they both r very gud at what they r doing... Bst of luck paridhi

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-09-01, 21:35

TFS Manu...I have always loved Paridhi..her chemistry with Rajat is a perfect foil..I have to appreciate Ekta for her sharp eyes....

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-01, 22:32

aasudi wrote:Tfs sumi

at first, i liked rajat but dnt liked paridhi to b honest... Now i like her more than rajat... Of course they need to grow than this but they both r very gud at what they r doing... Bst of luck paridhi
@ blue I agree wit you ....Aasudi ....
Thumbsup 
secondly I just cant take my eyes off you cute teddies yaara ...I just love those two yaar .. where the hell do you get such cute ones from Yaara ??

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-01, 22:33

zuzana wrote:TFS Manu...I have always loved Paridhi..her chemistry with Rajat is a perfect foil..I have to appreciate Ekta for her sharp eyes....
you are welcome Zu ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-02, 12:21

--sumana13-- wrote:
aasudi wrote:Tfs sumi

@ blue I agree wit you ....Aasudi ....
Thumbsup 
secondly I just cant take my eyes off you cute teddies yaara ...I just love those two yaar .. where the hell do you get such cute ones from Yaara ??
sumi dear , what is up with u , hun?  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

u cant take off ur eyes from my teddies ...... might b because these 'teddies' chemistry is as beautiful as 'JJ' [jodha-jalal ].......... I call them Jackpot Jodi-JJ ' and my sisters give me a-r-u-serious-look ..... I think they r jackpot Jodi yar .... their chemistry is rich .... and they do justify each other a lot..... its a very plus point for the show .... still I like paridhi more to rajat post the marriage issues  :) and her jodha bai sacrifice :)

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-02, 12:37

Some one should mention her soft but firm voice too.. It adds to Jodha !!

Plus It would be good if she loses some weight  in her waist and thighs..  After all Jodha is supposed to be a young girl and not a  matron

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-09-02, 15:47

She didnt appeal to me at first... the princess part was little disappointing as Paridhi was warming up with the role... but with becoming the queen, the girl has leaped high! She is getting perfect with her expressions too...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:11

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum