Latest topics

Mayya Ka Funda !!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mayya Ka Funda !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 13:56

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:The MC came too fast...this part of the story is def Ekta Maiyyas fantasy I am sure...but Tants didnt MA get the kesar tested? then doesnt it prove that JO is innocent?

And what to believe about the history..I have read versions that Jodha was very actively involved in the court of Akbar...but its also true that Salim was brought up by Ruqs. so I am a bit confused when Akbar could give so much freedom to Jodha to participate in politics why not in bringing her own child?
Mariam Uz Zamani had the the freedom and liberty to be active in all sphere ..Apart from the emperor himself, Only Mariam Uz Zamani could issue a  farman ( One can understand why Ruqs wanted MUZ post ) .. Jodha being a active kind of person would surely have  been active in royal courts !! ..it was said that she had a fleet of ships that was in operation commercially .. She was a keen and shrewd business woman !

It could be mutually beneficial too, Ruqs gets to play Mom and also  get Emperor's ears by virtue of being the  mother of the future heir while Jodha has her own clout and the gratitude of Jalal  to maintain her position without any threat to it ..Being a princess and a mother herself, she would have seen the advantages in having Salim brought up by Ruqs while she stayed busy in the affairs of the court .. it was a win-win situation for both !!
Ah ha so is that y Mahamanga gets a say in the running cause Jalal thinks of her as his mother and his mother doesn't.

Akabr has abandonment issues , Sarra Jaan.. His mom left him to the care of Maham  and Maham being the ambitious kind made sure that she elevated herself to the position of his Mom ..

But tht is  not to say that Hameeda was relegated to a corner, Till her last days she remained very active, constantly touring the kingdom and keeping a watch on the detractors of  Akbar, It was she who prevented  Bairam Khan from  isolating Akbar from the courtiers  and not Akbar or Maham Anga as is popularly believed

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-09-03, 14:40

Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:The MC came too fast...this part of the story is def Ekta Maiyyas fantasy I am sure...but Tants didnt MA get the kesar tested? then doesnt it prove that JO is innocent?

And what to believe about the history..I have read versions that Jodha was very actively involved in the court of Akbar...but its also true that Salim was brought up by Ruqs. so I am a bit confused when Akbar could give so much freedom to Jodha to participate in politics why not in bringing her own child?
Mariam Uz Zamani had the the freedom and liberty to be active in all sphere ..Apart from the emperor himself, Only Mariam Uz Zamani could issue a  farman ( One can understand why Ruqs wanted MUZ post ) .. Jodha being a active kind of person would surely have  been active in royal courts !! ..it was said that she had a fleet of ships that was in operation commercially .. She was a keen and shrewd business woman !

It could be mutually beneficial too, Ruqs gets to play Mom and also  get Emperor's ears by virtue of being the  mother of the future heir while Jodha has her own clout and the gratitude of Jalal  to maintain her position without any threat to it ..Being a princess and a mother herself, she would have seen the advantages in having Salim brought up by Ruqs while she stayed busy in the affairs of the court .. it was a win-win situation for both !!

Pls explainwa.. didn't get u:* emb*:

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-09-03, 14:43

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:wow Tants Nice POV! Thanks for enlightening me! :cheers:Jo was def intelligent then!   
She most definitely was !!!  if we pull out our blindfolds, one might say that Jodha was an expert puller of strings !!
of course she was
she pretended hate
she aroused curiosity in Jalal
Now she is playing hard to get!
She might have engineered circumstances too that first implicated her and then later brought about stuff that showed her in a good light!
Howzzaat?
:lol!:
Appuse,

You got diabolical mind..No wonder you are chief queen of my Harem !!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Apps how could you, jodha is sweet and innocent, nothing runs through her head...

wasn't jodha and Jalal's child born after quite a while? by then Ruqs will have gone mad and nothing will b bring her back...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-09-03, 14:48

Tanthya wrote:

question then is was it a situation she knew she would not win so y not come out the Victor with wat u can and agree to give up your right and get concessions instead of lose and b forced to have nothing...c while Ruqs would be bringing up the child the mother was Jodha so would she not have had the Mariam title?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-09-03, 14:53

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:She most definitely was !!!  if we pull out our blindfolds, one might say that Jodha was an expert puller of strings !!
of course she was
she pretended hate
she aroused curiosity in Jalal
Now she is playing hard to get!
She might have engineered circumstances too that first implicated her and then later brought about stuff that showed her in a good light!
Howzzaat?
:lol!:
Appuse,

You got diabolical mind..No wonder you are chief queen of my Harem !!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Apps how could you, jodha is sweet and innocent, nothing runs through her head...

wasn't jodha and Jalal's child born after quite a while? by then Ruqs will have gone mad and nothing will b bring her back...
There is nothing called innocence... once you have first learnt to lie! And everyone does that in due course, Sarra!
Jodha, I am sure, was no exception

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-09-03, 15:05

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Ah ha so is that y Mahamanga gets a say in the running cause Jalal thinks of her as his mother and his mother doesn't.
Akabr has abandonment issues , Sarra Jaan.. His mom left him to the care of Maham  and Maham being the ambitious kind made sure that she elevated herself to the position of his Mom ..

But tht is  not to say that Hameeda was relegated to a corner, Till her last days she remained very active, constantly touring the kingdom and keeping a watch on the detractors of  Akbar, It was she who prevented  Bairam Khan from  isolating Akbar from the courtiers  and not Akbar or Maham Anga as is popularly believed
Pls explain Embarassed

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-09-03, 15:08

sonshine487 wrote:Loved the Episode
Though I am glad to be living in the present age where people at least pay lip-service to humanity and there are laws in place. you may argue that the world is as dirty a place now as it was then... but still...
To think that a woman thought nothing of harming another's unborn child just so that the latter could be prevented from attaining any position of importance... it was horrible! And I've read it was common in harems... Mughal or otherwise!
But it could've been true... how else can you explain the fact that despite having so many females in his harem, Jalal was still childless? they must have been giving each other MTPs and OCPs as time-pass!
And Dhatura is not found in Mughal Territory?
what crap! It is fairly common in India... I have myself seen it a lot in my childhood and early teen on the roadside and in the wilds or semi-wilds of Kerala.
Big flower... ugly to look at... smells evil!
Ha a ha ha ha ... Am turning your phan duhling Appu....Time pass....

I often wondered why Jalal was childless for so long? I thought ... maybe its the incessant horse riding that damaged his ...erm... junk.... Or maybe the elephant trunk landed on the wrong place at the wrong time during wild elephant training... He did enjoy some extreme sports like taming 100s of shrews in the  harem! :P Ohhhh.... Also the Hukkah ... That alone can stop the women from getting preggers and men result in low count... But I loved your idea the most ... The Russian Roulette of passing abortificants as time pass in the harem! cheers 

Tants.... I didnt even know selim was brought up by Ruks... Explains how he turned alcoholic... That woman must've introduced him to it at an early age. ... I learn something new everyday here....

Isn't it possible that Rukiya was actually a nice royal ( as nice as those ruthless central Asian royals can be) and Crown Prince were sent to her to get trained in royal ruthlessness , I mean royal etiquette etc? Crown princes are still brought up by a team of "experts"with a head honcho presiding over them , aren't they?

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 15:12

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Mariam Uz Zamani had the the freedom and liberty to be active in all sphere ..Apart from the emperor himself, Only Mariam Uz Zamani could issue a  farman ( One can understand why Ruqs wanted MUZ post ) .. Jodha being a active kind of person would surely have  been active in royal courts !! ..it was said that she had a fleet of ships that was in operation commercially .. She was a keen and shrewd business woman !

Pls explain Embarassed

Akbar was the key to rule over the Mughal Sultanat, Both Bairam and Maham Anga wanted to rule the Kingdom by proxy and for tht to happen, Akbar had to be in their control..That could only happen if Akbar was isolated from others and  had to depend on them for information/support ..Hameeda who was actively involved in Humayun's administration and was well versed in political maneuvers realized the potential dangers of  Bairam Khan's moves and moved to avert it..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-09-03, 15:18

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Ah ha so is that y Mahamanga gets a say in the running cause Jalal thinks of her as his mother and his mother doesn't.

Pls explain Embarassed
Akbar was the key to rule over the Mughal Sultanat, Both Bairam and Maham Anga wanted to rule the Kingdom by proxy and for tht to happen, Akbar had to be in their control..That could only happen if Akbar was isolated from others and  had to depend on them for information/support ..Hameeda who was actively involved in Humayun's administration and was well versed in political maneuvers realized the potential dangers of  Bairam Khan's moves and moved to avert it..
who are courtiers?? and how can Hameeda do anything in matters like this??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 15:19

Shesherkobita wrote:
Though I am glad to be living in the present age where people at least pay lip-service to humanity and there are laws in place. you may argue that the world is as dirty a place now as it was then... but still...
To think that a woman thought nothing of harming another's unborn child just so that the latter could be prevented from attaining any position of importance... it was horrible! And I've read it was common in harems... Mughal or otherwise!
But it could've been true... how else can you explain the fact that despite having so many females in his harem, Jalal was still childless? they must have been giving each other MTPs and OCPs as time-pass!
what crap! It is fairly common in India... I have myself seen it a lot in my childhood and early teen on the roadside and in the wilds or semi-wilds of Kerala.

I often wondered why Jalal was childless for so long? I thought ... maybe its the incessant horse riding that damaged his ...erm... junk.... Or maybe the elephant trunk landed on the wrong place at the wrong time during wild elephant training... He did enjoy some extreme sports like taming 100s of shrews in the  harem! :P Ohhhh.... Also the Hukkah ... That alone can stop the women from getting preggers and men result in low count... But I loved your idea the most ... The Russian Roulette of passing abortificants as time pass in the harem! cheers 

Tants.... I didnt even know selim was brought up by Ruks... Explains how he turned alcoholic... That woman must've introduced him to it at an early age. ... I learn something new everyday here....

Isn't it possible that Rukiya was actually a nice royal ( as nice as those ruthless central Asian royals can be) and Crown Prince were sent to her to get trained in royal ruthlessness , I mean royal etiquette etc? Crown princes are still brought up by a team of "experts"with a head honcho presiding over them , aren't they?

My Surmise would be that he was sent to Ruqs to remove any slur  during the time of succession ..Although when the time did come , Akbar was inclined towards Khusru  as was Maan Singh but in his death Bed, Akbar went strictly by the protocol..

Such deviousness was not the handiwork of Ruqs, Sabi  .. Alcoholism and  opium addiction was prevalent in the court , in fact it was this vices which killed Daniyal and Murad  in their prime and eliminating them as potential rival's..

Ruqaiyya was a good Mother .. That cannot be denied .. She was spoken with great deal of affection by Jahangir

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-09-03, 15:22

Shesherkobita wrote:

Hey Sabi! The feeling is mutual, let me assure you!:sunny: 

they had a lot of vices... opium, alcohol, smoking, even paan
they have a significant effect these days because they are coupled with other horrors such as wrong diet and pollution
in those days at least the food was OK
as it is they say 80% of all fertilisations end up in miscarriages... most times even before a pregnancy is suspected... natures method of selecting only the healthiest of genes.

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 15:23

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Akabr has abandonment issues , Sarra Jaan.. His mom left him to the care of Maham  and Maham being the ambitious kind made sure that she elevated herself to the position of his Mom ..

Pls explain Embarassed
who are courtiers?? and how can Hameeda do anything in matters like this??

The Royal personages or the various ministers who work for the kingdom are courtiers ..

Hameeda was Maraim Uz Zamani, so she had the rights as well as the powers to supervise the running of the Kingdom..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-09-03, 15:24

Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:

My Surmise would be that he was sent to Ruqs to remove any slur  during the time of succession ..Although when the time did come , Akbar was inclined towards Khusru  as was Maan Singh but in his death Bed, Akbar went strictly by the protocol..

Such deviousness was not the handiwork of Ruqs, Sabi  .. Alcoholism and  opium addiction was prevalent in the court , in fact it was this vices which killed Daniyal and Murad  in their prime and eliminating them as potential rival's..

Ruqaiyya was a good Mother .. That cannot be denied .. She was spoken with great deal of affection by Jahangir
matches with that Rutherford book...
I haven't read any other version yet!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-09-03, 15:25

Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:

Ruqaiya was nothing like the vampish caricature she is in the show. She loved Salim dearly. She might not have been the one who brought up Salim exclusively though, as far as I know Shah-Jahan was the one she brought up, and Salim himself handed over his son to Ruqaiya.

Anyway, for what its worth, Salim might not have ascended the throne if it wasn't for the combined efforts of Ruqaiya and Salima.

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 15:29

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:

affraid   I can be a writer !!!! cheers cheers cheers  ..   I haven't read any books yet.. read some scraps and  info's posted by the geriatric prof who love to expound on musty  Achoootory in nooj papers!!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-09-03, 15:32

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:Ha a ha ha ha ... Am turning your phan duhling Appu....Time pass....

affraid   I can be a writer !!!! cheers cheers cheers  ..   I haven't read any books yet.. read some scraps and  info's posted by the geriatric prof who love to expound on musty  Achoootory in nooj papers!!
used to hate history in school
ROFL

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 15:35

laddoo598 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:

Ruqaiya was nothing like the vampish caricature she is in the show. She loved Salim dearly. She might not have been the one who brought up Salim exclusively though, as far as I know Shah-Jahan was the one she brought up, and Salim himself handed over his son to Ruqaiya.

Anyway, for what its worth, Salim might not have ascended the throne if it wasn't for the combined efforts of Ruqaiya and Salima.

Agreed, Laddoo.. she was supposed to be a   gentle and caring person with an IQ to match ..  read that Akbar always listened to her words nad most often went by her suggestions ..

Salim was not her exclusive property, Salim was public property with all mothers having a hand but mainly tht of Ruqaiyya n Salima ..

Khurram was brought up by Ruqaiyya and Akbar exclusively, they were immensely fond of him , even Jahangir was ..Although I do wonder what would have happened had Khusru not rebelled !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 15:36

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:My Surmise would be that he was sent to Ruqs to remove any slur  during the time of succession ..Although when the time did come , Akbar was inclined towards Khusru  as was Maan Singh but in his death Bed, Akbar went strictly by the protocol..

ROFL

Hi - Fi  !!

that was  my sleeping pill !! pull out  history book n sleep !!

interest was kindled in later years :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-09-03, 15:41

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:matches with that Rutherford book...
ROFL

Hi - Fi  !!

main bhi, main bhi.......i used to rote history.....my teacher was the strictest one in the entire school, even the princi feared her Twisted Evil affraid  (i guess she took MA seriously) Wink 

BTW, I read The twentienth wife(Indu's book) ...which deals a lot about Salim and Ruks....very informative....i am yet to read Alex version of Salim/Ruks/Jalal

@Jalal prefering Khusrau....Indu denies it...but guess Alex says otherwise as told by Appu...now i have to read his version...bounce

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-09-03, 15:50

AR's Jalal comes across as stern and disciplined; kind and just at the same time. He was close to both his parents... not as its shown here...
He enjoyed his womem but not to the point of indulgence.
He was disappointed in his wives... as he wished to share a special relationship with one woman; like that of his parents, was prepared to work at his marriage with the blood-thirsty Rajput Princess too... but he was not lucky enough.
He was disappointed in salim too

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-03, 16:08

pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:affraid   I can be a writer !!!! cheers cheers cheers  ..   I haven't read any books yet.. read some scraps and  info's posted by the geriatric prof who love to expound on musty  Achoootory in nooj papers!!
ROFL
Hi - Fi  !!

main bhi, main bhi.......i used to rote history.....my teacher was the strictest one in the entire school, even the princi feared her Twisted Evil affraid  (i guess she took MA seriously) Wink 

BTW, I read The twentienth wife(Indu's book) ...which deals a lot about Salim and Ruks....very informative....i am yet to read Alex version of Salim/Ruks/Jalal

@Jalal prefering Khusrau....Indu denies it...but guess Alex says otherwise as told by Appu...now i have to read his version...bounce

For a Sec, I thought why, Maham Anga ,then realized u were talking abt the degree :P :P

I want a book which deals with Akbar as a man first, King next ..Hai koi aisa book ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-09-03, 16:14

Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:used to hate history in school
ROFL
Hi - Fi  !!

For a Sec, I thought why, Maham Anga ,then realized u were talking abt the degree :P :P

I want a book which deals with Akbar as a man first, King next ..Hai koi aisa book ??
Sathu, I referred to MA only ...MA the character...no wonder she(my teacher) was so much feared by all Twisted Evil :P the other day, i called up my friend and told her to watch JA and figure if our teacher did not behave and looked like MA :P Wink 

How I wish Akbar knew how to read n write...at least he would have done justice to the bio...unlike Jahangir...who described the gardens and pigeons in his bio Evil or Very Mad

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-09-04, 11:27

Oh god.. did that really happen...
this particular piece of info where Salim was broughtup by Akbar's elder queens is a news to me Tantwa..

I thought it was salim's son who was given away to Ruq when he was just 6 days old... I was feeling so bad for that young mother...

Nevertheless, I have also been pondering about how Salim would have gone little rampant if he was brought up by a level headed Marium uz zamini of Akbar's who was a very matured and talented lady...even when the boy was the heir and was born after a long wait... that maturity should have rubbed off on the little boy of hers right?

That thought being aside, its well known that Salim did love his step mothers very dearly and had a inclination and lot of tolerence towards hinduism too... just like his father or was it his mother's influence?

and Again, I doubt Ja's involvement, if at all in raising his first son away from his hindu wife's influence, as he was too tolerent towards the other religions- infact, during his time, he came up with his own religion which was a fuse of good things found in all the religions...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-09-04, 11:32

Tanthya wrote:

Like getting ruqs to do babysitting for Jo? But still if Jo gets to talk to hamida about it, she would have advised her not to take the offer... Isnt she still paying the price for giving away her little baby to MA?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-09-04, 11:47

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Like getting ruqs to do babysitting for Jo? But still if Jo gets to talk to hamida about it, she would have advised her not to take the offer... Isnt she still paying the price for giving away her little baby to MA?
There would be differences between the two, Jalal's mom had to give him up due to war and wasn't around from wat i gather for much of the time... whereas if Jodha realises she doesn't have a choice about it she can get concessions with agreeing and she still sees salim everyday and gets to spend quality time with him, he won't need to feel abandoned..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:19

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum