Latest topics

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon- EBP- Refreshingly Original

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon- EBP- Refreshingly Original

Post by SAYAN18 on 2013-09-03, 15:18

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon- EBP- Refreshingly Original

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon –Ek Baar Phir might have a recycled name but there is nothing recycled about the story. Like others, I tuned to Star Plus without much expectations last week  to catch up with the first episode of IPKKND2.  The promos had not been very promising. Shlok Agnihotri was shown as a male chauvinistic pig and Astha, another “innocent-bordering –over-foolishness” female lead.  Honestly I expected nothing more than  a pair trying in vain to recreate the ASR-Khushi conflict-cum-romance . The prospects of succeeding were dim.Turns out I was wrong. The story of Shlok and Astha is refreshingly original and these two characters do not  even pretend to try to emulate their predecessors when it comes to either love or hate.
Shlok Agnihotri , played by Avinash Sachdev, is a surprisingly, vulnerable hero. Unlike ASR, who had trouble expressing his feelings, Shlok seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. His tenderness comes out beautifully in all scenes with his father . His discomfort and contempt towards his mother which is as strong as the love for his father, is equally obvious. Not only that, right from the start,Astha affects him strongly: He is not the aloof hero who looks at the heroine as nothing but a minor irritant, his disconcert when she is around is quite strong.  His hatred seems to affect him at a deeper level. In this way the distinction from ASR is largely visible  who was mostly indifferent and insensitive to Khushi  for quite some time in IPKKND.
Aastha, again, is refreshingly ordinary. She is not a beautiful damsel perpetually in distress. A normal next door girl , she is just busy living her life, with some peppiness thrown in. Her family is not particularly poor (Though poorer than the hero ofcourse!), and the parents don’t carry themselves with a perpetual pitiable expression, weighed down by the fact that they have a daughter at home, who is  such a liability.
While Khushi was a character who was not a natural rebel: She tried to sacrifice her interests till the last moment ( agreeing to marry Shyam etc..), cried buckets, bit her lip when insulted,  and talked back only in exceptional circumstances, Astha is totally different. She is not intimidated by Shlok and says a straight no to his father’s proposal of marriage to his son. She does not act apologetic about it. When faced with verbal insults by Shlok’s mother, she gives it back, without one moment’s hesitation. After quite a while, a woman character on TV that is surprisingly real.

I would score the show high on some other parameters too. The negative character in the story, the mother – is not over the top. The mean aura and the unfriendly attitude is brilliantly played by this actress who neither needs bitchy dialogues nor exaggerated expressions to make you squirm in your place. Same goes for the sweet positive Ajji on Astha’s side: She provides humour to the plot without trying too hard. The intrigue has been very well established- something bad has happened in protagonist’s past to make him hate his mother and all women. The element of suspense makes it even better.

All in all IPKKND2 is surprisingly fresh and real even though it’s based on a hate-turning-love romance of the Mills&Boons genre, which in general is far from reality. In my opinion a little too much stress in given on Shlok hurting Astha physically in some way or other every time they meet. For the record,  it is not at all necessary.  The rushing of adrenaline can be induced by the mere intensity of eyes when in proximity.
Kudos on a brilliant start. Like all TV serials, it faces the challenge of  maintaining the standard it has set for itself. But at the end we are left with the same question we started with: why the recycled name? When IPKKND-EBP is not at all like IPKKND, why could it not work with an original name? Marketing strategy of banking on the brand of IPPKND? While it’s true that like me, many viewers out there must have tuned into this series, because the similar name made them curious, it is also true that a refreshingly original story might face unnecessary opposition and hate from zealous fans of the original.  For now we can just wait, watch and hope that the IPKKND fans  pay some heed to Shakespeare (who famously wrote: “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”), and give this one a fair chance.

Courtsey :
Dramas & Dreams

SAYAN18
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon- EBP- Refreshingly Original

Post by zuzana on 2013-09-03, 16:55

The author is in misconception.....I know SP has its hand in this article..they trying hard to promote it..

I was ready to view it with an open mind but NO...they purposely bring in so many similarities thats they are making it difficult to forget that its not IPK.. it looks like a a modiified version of IPK....why bring in dupattas, speeding car...the broken bangle scene... the push and pull..and th eheroine is too bubbly ...and not to forget the name...so many similarities. SP should understand that if the script and execution is good trps audience will lap it up not to worry..no amount of promotion or media will help in getting the trps if the show is not good.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-03, 17:03

agreed to u zu

whoever has written it might be the fan of someone in the show or has been not-fan of ipk .... or star plays a pivotal role in this article .... marketing , r we ?

I m disappointed at the fact that the writer had intended disrespect towards 'ipkknd'  No...... those who doesn't respect good things doesn't deserve respect in return  Evil or Very Mad 

just wait and watch , which is more real and which is more fantasy

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-03, 18:01

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon- EBP- Refreshingly Original

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon –Ek Baar Phir might have a recycled name but there is nothing recycled about the story. Like others, I tuned to Star Plus without much expectations last week  to catch up with the first episode of IPKKND2.  The promos had not been very promising. Shlok Agnihotri was shown as a male chauvinistic pig and Astha, another “innocent-bordering –over-foolishness” female lead.  Honestly I expected nothing more than  a pair trying in vain to recreate the ASR-Khushi conflict-cum-romance . The prospects of succeeding were dim.Turns out I was wrong. The story of Shlok and Astha is refreshingly original and these two characters do not  even pretend to try to emulate their predecessors when it comes to either love or hate.

total imaginary and  pretense , is it ?

Shlok Agnihotri , played by Avinash Sachdev, is a surprisingly, vulnerable hero. Unlike ASR, who had trouble expressing his feelings, Shlok seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. His tenderness comes out beautifully in all scenes with his father . His discomfort and contempt towards his mother which is as strong as the love for his father, is equally obvious.

so we need verbal explanations declaring  of 'my father means bla bla bla to a general ticket checker ' by a character who was supposed to capture the world in his palm ?

Not only that, right from the start,Astha affects him strongly: He is not the aloof hero who looks at the heroine as nothing but a minor irritant,

saying r u my wife  directly or 'mistress' indirectly is not considering a woman minor irritant  Evil or Very Mad 
jahan ladki hoti hai waha jaghde hote hai , generalizing a statement due to only one woman is mot being aloof  Twisted Evil 

his disconcert when she is around is quite strong.  His hatred seems to affect him at a deeper level. In this way the distinction from ASR is largely visible  who was mostly indifferent and insensitive to Khushi  for quite some time in IPKKND.

asr was indifferent and insensitive to a girl who ruined his dream of acquiring his target ,sheesh mehal , and a strong misunderstanding that  followed that she is a low-class girl ready to seduce any boy for money .......
not like certain someone who was forced to misunderstand a girl as if he was a dumbo .... joking r we?

Aastha, again, is refreshingly ordinary. She is not a beautiful damsel perpetually in distress. A normal next door girl , she is just busy living her life, with some peppiness thrown in. Her family is not particularly poor (Though poorer than the hero ofcourse!), and the parents don’t carry themselves with a perpetual pitiable expression, weighed down by the fact that they have a daughter at home, who is  such a liability.

a marriageable girl is at home and parents r not worried to get her married and realistic .... contradicting enough ...... ignoring liability becomes good now , is it ?

While Khushi was a character who was not a natural rebel:

who was the one who challenged the almighty-ASR ?

She tried to sacrifice her interests till the last moment ( agreeing to marry Shyam etc..),

sacrificing for such issues is called love and respect for family .... if only ppl know .... lets see how much aastha retains herself from scarifying till the last date

and what was the example of sacrifice ?
agreeing to marry shyam ..... surely they haven't watched ipk in depth .... khushi's agreeing with marriage has a lot to do with ASR , they forget cuz they watched surface

cried buckets, bit her lip when insulted,  and talked back only in exceptional circumstances,

there r some hormones in human body , which transpires tears when we r emotional .... to love and not to be loved back brings tears ,be it aastha or khushi .... if aastha doesn't cries when she is emotional then she is inhuman, sth supernatural .... I think this show is family drama not a supernatural story

Astha is totally different. She is not intimidated by Shlok and says a straight no to his father’s proposal of marriage to his son. She does not act apologetic about it. When faced with verbal insults by Shlok’s mother, she gives it back, without one moment’s hesitation. After quite a while, a woman character on TV that is surprisingly real.

so khushi was intimidated by arnav .... r we assuming that ?
then who was the girl who throws resignation letter on ASR's face ?
you go to a completely new house where ur father supposedly works and throw back the tantrum for a tantrum by respectable elder,as if she has been bearing her tantrum for 100 years  , real is it ? really ?

doesn't real women have sth called endearing ability that they spit on other face just because they r misunderstood and insulted there for ?

I would score the show high on some other parameters too. The negative character in the story, the mother – is not over the top. The mean aura and the unfriendly attitude is brilliantly played by this actress who neither needs bitchy dialogues nor exaggerated expressions to make you squirm in your place. Same goes for the sweet positive Ajji on Astha’s side: She provides humour to the plot without trying too hard. The intrigue has been very well established- something bad has happened in protagonist’s past to make him hate his mother and all women. The element of suspense makes it even better.

so who saw the insults spitted on aastha in first meet  when no bitchy dialouges and exaggeratied expressions were transpired thorugh the script? contradicting again , r we ?

where is the humor in the show to try or not to try hard ?

does this sth 'bad must have happened ' assumptional basis were not in ipk ? or a feeling of hero might have a dark past not there ?

well established -with weaker script , weak execution ,and undecipherable expression by the lead to whom sth bad had happedned Twisted Evil 

All in all IPKKND2 is surprisingly fresh and real even though it’s based on a hate-turning-love romance of the Mills&Boons genre, which in general is far from reality.

so who watches a star-crossed synopsized based on MB lovestory for reality ? yes, the ppl searches life in the character but lovestories holds coincidences and metaphorism , every one knows that

In my opinion a little too much stress in given on Shlok hurting Astha physically in some way or other every time they meet.

little, joking .. r we ?

n had we forgetten the verbal intending to call her a 'mistress'-most probably the worst insult hurled to a girl

For the record,  it is not at all necessary.  The rushing of adrenaline can be induced by the mere intensity of eyes when in proximity.

that's the problem ..... intensity can not be forcefully brought in , u have to try urself and live the character .... not imitating some other's intensity .... fakeness can not bring in intensity

Kudos on a brilliant start. Like all TV serials, it faces the challenge of  maintaining the standard it has set for itself. But at the end we are left with the same question we started with: why the recycled name? When IPKKND-EBP is not at all like IPKKND, why could it not work with an original name? Marketing strategy of banking on the brand of IPPKND? While it’s true that like me, many viewers out there must have tuned into this series, because the similar name made them curious, it is also true that a refreshingly original story might face unnecessary opposition and hate from zealous fans of the original.  For now we can just wait, watch and hope that the IPKKND fans  pay some heed to Shakespeare (who famously wrote: “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”), and give this one a fair chance.

what is in name ?
we r asking that from the beginning ?
what is in name ?
so why not to stand on ur own feet with out using any 'damn' name ? Twisted Evil 

finally , putting other down is not going to help u pull up .... so rather concentrating on the story, execution and script would help more ...... criticizing and healthy comparisons r acceptable .... even mocking if unconvincing behavior is acceptable ..... disregarding a good thing which has a star value to glorify sth else in contending position with less value is not acceptable at all Evil or Very Mad  ipk fans r upset not zealous because there is nothing to be zealous ...........why should original be zealous of duplicate ?  ..... and fans like us , in this forum r not even caring , rather giving a fair chance
Courtsey :
Dramas & Dreams

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by SAYAN18 on 2013-09-03, 18:07

The writer has made the blunder by comparing IPK 2 with IPK 1
She has taken the vow, not to write the word "IPK" hereafter.

SAYAN18
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-03, 18:58

SAYAN18 wrote:The writer has made the blunder by comparing IPK 2 with IPK 1

its not comparing AK, its clearly glorifying .... it is really pathetic that they need to push it up by publishing such fake article or say biased article ..... if it is in a forum then biasness is understandable ..... its totally manipulating the vulnerable audience ....... if only they realize they r making fool of themselves ..... any neutral viewer [not an ipk fan or lover] can say which is good or which is not

I always say that ignoring weakness and not accepting mistakes snatches the hope of improving , hope of succeeding further

with this attitude , I clearly see another CC in the making .... difference is that one Is top GEC channel and another is almost bottom GEC channel , so the show is benefited with plus the shield of the 'title ' is saving its sanity ..... otherwise , it is obvious 'CC 2'

it is crystal clear now that they don't trust their work..... arshad has joined in for god sake ..... his work speaks for him generally so why cant star shut up for some time and let the show grow on its own and speak for itself than this cheap marketing strategies ??

ipk stand for itself , no backdrop was needed ...... they too have done hardwork ,don't they ?

in initial episodes 30-40 takes for a scene was needed for barun

ASR ,khushi ,Anjali ,shyam , others and IPK whole wasn't made in a day ,a week ,a fortnight ,or a month ..... everyone knows that .... so ppl r willing to give this show time too.... then why this kolaveri ?

if shlok and aastha is so much grander than ASR and khushi .... why the hell the characters r modeled on predecessors ?

why the hell the current actors imitate previous actors ?

why the coincidences and end results matches ?

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by SAYAN18 on 2013-09-03, 19:11

aasudi wrote:
its not comparing AK, its clearly glorifying .... it is really pathetic that they need to push it up by publishing such fake article or say biased article ..... if it is in a forum then biasness is understandable ..... its totally manipulating the vulnerable audience ....... if only they realize they r making fool of themselves ..... any neutral viewer [not an ipk fan or lover] can say which is good or which is not

I always say that ignoring weakness and not accepting mistakes snatches the hope of improving , hope of succeeding further

with this attitude , I clearly see another CC in the making .... difference is that one Is top GEC channel and another is almost bottom GEC channel , so the show is benefited with plus the shield of the 'title ' is saving its sanity ..... otherwise , it is obvious 'CC 2'

it is crystal clear now that they don't trust their work..... arshad has joined in for god sake ..... his work speaks for him generally so why cant star shut up for some time and let the show grow on its own and speak for itself than this cheap marketing strategies ??

ipk stand for itself , no backdrop was needed ...... they too have done hardwork ,don't they ?

ASR ,khushi ,Anjali ,shyam , others and IPK whole wasn't made in a day ,a week ,a fortnight ,or a month ..... everyone knows that .... so ppl r willing to give this show time too.... then why this kolaveri ?

if shlok and aastha is so much grander than ASR and khushi .... why the hell the characters r modeled on predecessors ?

I've an idea, of 'why this Kolaveri '.
TRP Aunty is haunting them, just like my boss haunts me.
In '70s, when BOBBY was blockbuster hit, hundreds of films
were made with the theme of teen age love.
Only JULIE was hit.
Producers try to follow a time tested formula.

SAYAN18
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-03, 19:27

SAYAN18 wrote:
aasudi wrote:

I've an idea, of 'why this Kolaveri '.
TRP Aunty is haunting them, just like my boss haunts me.
In '70s, when BOBBY was blockbuster hit, hundreds of films
were made with the theme of teen age love.
Only JULIE was hit.
Producers try to follow a time tested formula.
Thumbsup  great analysis AK

but there was the 'theme' tasted ..... here it is not 'theme' that is being tested ....... its 'success' and 'popularity' being tested alongwith the 'audiences' patience ' ...... 'theme' is copied here :lol!:

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sameersaagar on 2013-09-03, 20:03

This debate will continue to be there for a long time

sameersaagar
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-03, 22:31

sameersaagar wrote:This debate will continue to be there for a long time
i think, with this sort of attitude from the makers side, the debate wil b there till the end, sameer

they clearly on the verge of disrespecting the original version n forcing this 1 to audience...
Ipk was loved by majority because that was not forced...ppl themselves fall 4 that

and what's with accusing a fanbase of zealousy , who have brought the channel mass revenue and more intl recognition?
Bcuz ipk is past?

What do they expected from ipk-die-hard fans,a warm welcome?
When they have used 'ipk' as a pawn in their business...fans r reasonable to get upset

we r still watching the show n they r asking 4 a fair chance?? Begging, is it?

Courtsey: drama n dreams

this article should b
'drama n nightmare'
in only dreams of some ppl, this 5 epi has depth n subtle touch at 1ce than that 5 epi

hehe

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2013-09-04, 01:18

Of course it is refreshingly original like campa cola has its original refreshner which is unlike Coco cola .. Cheers  anyone?

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-09-04, 01:42

I would only say that when ChhanChhan reviews came, that too was declared refreshing & new by the reviewers but we all know the truth

This is not as bad as CC, quiet decent show but not as great as the reviewer has made it out to be

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-04, 01:49

You guys are tempting me to give it a look :) 

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2013-09-04, 01:51

archie_79 wrote:I would only say that when ChhanChhan reviews came, that too was declared refreshing & new by the reviewers but we all know the truth

This is not as bad as CC, quiet decent show but not as great as the reviewer has made it out to be
Ships if they keep the copying part less it is an ok show like the rest out there...and should run it's course...(no pun intended!!)

Last edited by sunshine99 on 2013-09-04, 02:14; edited 1 time in total

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-09-04, 01:56

Tanthya wrote:

Err...........lagta hai mujhe nayi bakri mil gayi   Twisted Evil

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-09-04, 01:57

scratching head.. bemused expression on my face, let me rephrase unlike ASR I am wearing my heart on my Sleeve, ASR didn't need to his eyes and face spoke everything that is needed..Astha is annoying whereas Khushi at the beginning wasn't, she gave people respect and still managed to give it to ASR at every turn..

So it hasn't had the start they wanted internationally and maybe not domestically either hence such propaganda...if they concentrated on the actual story, execution etc u wouldn't need such pieces which don't fool people.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-09-04, 01:58

sunshine99 wrote:
archie_79 wrote:I would only say that when ChhanChhan reviews came, that too was declared refreshing & new by the reviewers but we all know the truth

Ships if they keep the copying part less it is an ok show like the rest out there...and should run it's course...
Yes Koel, make the show stand on its own feet, rather than using "IPK crutches" like Tants said

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-09-04, 01:59

Tanthya wrote:

watch it.. watch it and then I expect a long detailed post about all the good things it has to offer.. it has to b pages and pages long.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-04, 02:02

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

watch it.. watch it and then I expect a long detailed post about all the good things it has to offer.. it has to b pages and pages long.
*Threatening a la Jalal* Careful what you wish for, I might do a big essay and get you to do an exam on it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-09-04, 02:05

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

*Threatening a la Jalal* Careful what you wish for, I might do a big essay and get you to do an exam on it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
I will just weald a sword and u will b lost in my individuality and beauty and everything else will go out of your head, wink, wink... u write and I will read who knows time may tempt to watch the show and make me a Dhewani and lose me forever, twisted.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-04, 12:34

Gals, neither CC was pathetic-script at first...it was a decent show with some light hearted romance and some difficult reoccuring societal issues....
The way the makers acted: 'childish' towards critic-al feedback, 'ignorant' abt their actual product, 'over smart' in testing old formulae in so-called new equation...'unconvincing' on delivering promotions etc etc led them to the path of immature show and immature death

same CC behavior is overcoming the makers here too...they really need to concerntrate on 'ipk ebp' not on what ipk was n how it was

this show has advantage to CC that it can say we copy ipk cuz we r its successors...the way romance moves on n the story too much resembles to ipk thus it is franchised under ipk...they have this reason since the start n wil b there til the end

ipk definitely isnt the perfect show,it has a lot of lows in it...it is a good show with biggest fan-follwing till date...any show can topple its popularity

i find a diffn in ipk n EBP's execution considering both's initial days...tht is the former majorly expressed its vision and latter is majorly forcing it

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by chitmanas on 2013-09-04, 13:26

SAYAN18 wrote:Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon- EBP- Refreshingly Original

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon – Ek Baar Phir might have a recycled name but there is nothing recycled about the story. .............The prospects of succeeding were dim.Turns out I was wrong. The story of Shlok and Astha is refreshingly original and these two characters do not  even pretend to try to emulate their predecessors when it comes to either love or hate.

hmmmm, not only is the name is recycled as you said, but even the concept is ..... while I may not watch too many movies and shows, whatever lill bit I did, even in that I saw the following:

1) Girl Boy met & Girl Boy fight dhishoom dhishoom, aur dhak dhak shuru :heart: - CHECK
2) Boy's mom is status conscious, she hates the girlwa grrrrrrrrrr - CHECKA CHECK
3) Girl Boy get married (at some point), rona dhona :cry:  and all ijjjj well cheers  - CHECKA CHECK CHECK

Toh, iss mein REFRESHINGLY ORIGINAL kahan se aa gaya? confused isn't it more like RECYCLED CONCEPTWA :P I've been watching this storyline since my school days yaar and as you mentioned, it's coming from M&Bs and most of us can say READ THAT, SEEN THAT. Even in IPK, the outline was same, but Gul maata and her team brought it to us with such nice masala and tadka and served it with such cool cool COCA-COLA that it was oh soooo REFRESHING; they way things were shown made a HUGGEE dipherencewa. Isn't it too soon to say that about IPK2?? We haven't even seen that much and what we've seen didn't make such a big impression for all of us to go ohhhhhhing and aahhhhing.

Shlok Agnihotri , played by Avinash Sachdev, is a surprisingly, vulnerable hero. Unlike ASR, who had trouble expressing his feelings, Shlok seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. His tenderness comes out beautifully in all scenes with his father .  His hatred seems to affect him at a deeper level. In this way the distinction from ASR is largely visible  who was mostly indifferent and insensitive to Khushi  for quite some time in .

Yeh lo, here we were all thinking Shlok character is losely based on ASR's (to put it mildly) scratch . Shlok looks like an angry man to me when he's with Aastha or people outside family; this is how even ASR was shown. Your comment on ASR made me :*lol*: that poor guy was so vulnerable ...... DM played her best joke on ASR Twisted Evil  ....... he received the biggest jolt of his life the day he met Khushi and the guy was desperately trying to push her away because she affected him that much more and he was running for his life; we all heard of can't live with and without, didn't we Wink . Looks like SP channel is showing something way different on my TV as far as characters are concerned, definitely inbhestigate karki padi detective  

Aastha, again, is refreshingly ordinary. ......While Khushi was a character who was not a natural rebel: She tried to sacrifice her interests till the last moment ( agreeing to marry etc..), cried buckets, bit her lip when insulted,  and talked back only in exceptional circumstances, Astha is totally different..... When faced with verbal insults by Shlok’s mother, she gives it back, without one moment’s hesitation.

Wah Wah kya statement maara aapne, Khushi was not a rebel ...... errrrr, excuse moi, but how many shows did you watch where the girl shoved the guy back when she got mad, she gave it back to him as good as she got saying 'AAP SHUT UP' and in how many shows did you see a girl tell her husband 'HUM BHI AAP SE ILU DAMN IT'??? Sorry, maybe all show heroines do this and it's an everyday concept. I thought Khushi talked back most times, though she definitely cried when things got to be too much (last time I checked, it's not a crime to do so); NOBODY can say Khushi is a quiet person :)  As far as aastha is concerned........ nobody is family is having HUGE problems because she was held prisoner somewhere, no money troubles, absolutely NO BIG PROBLEMS in life for her, so, how can we compare these two characters? ale ale, let's wait until the eggs hatch before counting the chickens, shall we?

I would score the show high on some other parameters too. The negative character in the story, the mother – is not over the top. She provides humour to the plot without trying too hard.

In any drama, people are remembered for their catchy dialogs, we all still remember Gabbar Singh's dialogs AND his mannerisms from Sholay, can you deny that? Both Mami and Buaji had such catchy phrases and so did others too. It's not so easy to forgetia mami's dialogueswa of 'hello hai bye bye' and bua's 'hai re nand kishore'. Now let me see, what exactly have either MIL or Ajji spoken so far that made an impression? Sorry to say, NADA. May be all this MIL needs is just eye expressions, they dont' even to write dialogs for her Wink   Yes, do agree that MIL's acting is quite good.

All in all IPKKND2 is surprisingly fresh and real even though it’s based on a hate-turning-love romance of the Mills&Boons genre, which in general is far from reality.

I won't sit and debate about M&Bs here, but all I can say is yaar, Romance has been there from treta or dwaapar yug times and there are so many tales of love, loss etc. Even Rukmini wrote a love letter to Lord Krishna to come and take her away from her evil brother, toh we are mere mortals here. So, it's nothing new and some of it is based on real life and not always in our imagination. All in all, once more for all, i'd like to say that being a fans of IPK, some of us are giving IPK2 a try; we feel IPK is beyond compare so far. :sunny:

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:52

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum