Latest topics

Karan & I share an unbelievable chemistry: Vikrant Massey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Karan & I share an unbelievable chemistry: Vikrant Massey

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-16, 12:27

His choice of shows boasts of variety. Having started off playing rustic characters in daily soaps (Balika Vadhu and Baba Aiso Var Dhundo), Vikrant recently played himself in The Serial. Not only that, he also made his debut on the big screen in 'Lootera' alongside Ranveer Singh.

Now taking up yet another challenge, Vikrant has turned sutradhar for 'Yeh Hai Aashiqui'. In Ahmedabad to promote his new show, Vikrant got chatty with TOI as he spoke about how he will now juggle between two mediums of entertainment. Excerpts:

Many TV actors are trying to make their Bollywood debut and you had a successful Bollywood debut with Lootera. How does it feel? It feels great. I got to work with Vikramaditya (Motwane), Anurag Kashyap; are among the best directors in the film industry. After the movie released, I read all the reviews and was pleasantly surprised to see my name mentioned. Doing that film has been a good experience and has certainly opened a lot of doors for me. 

And now you've turned host with your new show. I am truly honoured to be part of this show. And I was adamant to do it because it was about the unusual love stories which are against societal perceptions. I try to use television to give a social message, and the shows I have done till now justify that. You don't often get a chance to be yourself and present our opinions on screen. Acting takes away a lot of your time as you are playing another character. But here I can play myself.
The last time we met (during the making of The Serial), you said you were done with your share of daily soaps. What made you change your mind for Qubool Hai? I meant that we really need to evolve as actor. There is quality work being done on TV, but at the same time, there is a dirth of good work. When I decided to take up this show, I did it because of the character I play, I've never played a character like this before. I want to do different things which satisfy me and help me grow as an actor.
So you have no qualms about playing the second lead in shows? I have no issues at all. I have always said that the narrative is far bigger than the character. But I am not saying that I will take up any character. I want to do meaty roles; I don't want leads but I don't want cameos also.
How is Karan Singh Grover as a co-star? He is one of the finest co-stars I've had. We share an unbelievable chemistry. Behind the camera, there is a different vibe, a different aura when we are together. We connect immensely which reflects on screen as well.
What's next in the pipeline? I have television commitments till year-end. Then next February onwards I will start shooting for another movie. It will be premature to talk about my films right now because they've not even gone on floors yet. My hands are full.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Karan & I share an unbelievable chemistry: Vikrant Massey

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-09-16, 13:47

Thanks Tants, I really love this guy

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum