Latest topics

Paridhi AT : Jodha the Breathtakingly Beautiful Rajput Princess ....

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paridhi AT : Jodha the Breathtakingly Beautiful Rajput Princess ....

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-17, 00:39

Jodha Akbar is a sixteenth century love story about a political marriage of convenience saga between a Mughal emperor, Akbar, and a Rajput princess, Jodhaa. But much more then that it's the marriage of contrasts.

Jallaludin Mohommad (Akbar) who had inherited his father, Humayan's Mughal Empire at the age of 13, after his father's death, had been brought up almost like a trained assassin by Bairam Khan, his father's supreme commander. Hard-nosed, rough, tough and heartless... and priding himself on the each of those facets of his personality, the only thing Akbar had learnt was to expand his empire - at the cost of others lives - at the cost of emotions - at the cost of love - the word he was never familiar with. 
Whilst Jodha, the daughter of Raja Bharmal, the Rajput King of Amer (one of the most affluent Rajput Kingdom's of its time) valued each of those emotions - valued the life of even the birds and bees of her kingdom - she only hated the Mughal's whom she felt were intruding upon her land, and wanted to oust them from Rajputana, along with their Emperor Jallaluddin, whom she hated with her heart. 

Little did Akbar know at the time of his marriage to Jodha, the fiery Rajput princess, in order to expand his empire into Rajputana, the land of the Valiant Rajputs, he would in turn be embarking upon a new journey - the journey of true love - he would discover the heart which he never felt he had - and it would throb for its rightful lover - Jodha.

Jodhaa was from the royal family of Rajputs in Amer. A great singer, she was trained by her brother  in war skills. Jodhaa stood for her sense of justice and self-respect. 'BRAVERY' & 'LOVE' were her valued jewels

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-28, 23:59; edited 5 times in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: Paridhi AT : Jodha the Breathtakingly Beautiful Rajput Princess ....

Post by cheena007 on 2013-09-17, 00:43

Beautiful ..stunning ...thanks for sharing these pics Manu :)

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-17, 01:43

A lot has been said about how finicky the doyen of Indian soaps Ekta Kapoor is when it comes to the casting of her actors.
She is said to have gone through as many as 7000 audition entries in the course of a nationwide hunt spanning 8 months before she gave her final nod of approval to the beautiful Paridhi Sharma to play Jodha in her historical magnum opus coming up in Zee TV's Jodha Akbar.
It is interesting to note here that there was one other prominent face amongst the 7000 aspiring Jodhas that had almost made the cut.
Insiders reveal that Toral Rasputra had also auditioned for the coveted role and the creative team was quite impressed with her. However, Ekta took one look at her and said, "That's not my Jodha!"

For Jodha, Ekta reveals, "I wanted someone who possesses the radiance and dignity of the loveliest Rajput princess Indian history's seen. I'm told Jodha was someone whose eyes conveyed humility, simplicity, courage and conviction. Paridhi embodies everything I had in mind for Jodha. When Paridhi stood there in Jodha's bridal finery and delivered some of her lines, I knew the role belonged to her!"
Paridhi Sharma has previously been a part of Ekta's productions but this is her first role as a lead. With a big smile on her face, Paridhi said, "Landing Jodha's role is a dream come true. To begin with, the fact that it's a lead role in an Ekta Kapoor production ... on a popular channel like Zee TV ... add to that the fact that I'm playing a famous historical figure in a lavish period drama ... Could I possibly ask for more?" She added, "I know the expectations are sky high and I have a tough task ahead....but I know I'll strive hard, work my strengths to my advantage and deliver."
TNN

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-22, 15:08; edited 3 times in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-09-17, 14:32

Gorgeous! TFS!

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by monsi08 on 2013-09-17, 15:19

awww... she is realllllyyy pretty .. Heart

monsi08
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-18, 00:08

of Jodha /Paridhi 

The talented and gorgeous Paridhi Sharma who was seen as a parallel lead in the Star Plus show Ruk Jana Nahi makes a royal come back as Jodha in Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms upcoming historical show Jodha Akbar on Zee TV. On the same we got in touch with her to know more about her journey so far in this industry and how did she get the role of Jodha.

Let's have a look on what she said...

How has your journey been so far in this industry?

I have done theatre before getting into the television industry after which I got a break in this industry. I was the parallel lead in Star Plus daily soap Ruk Jana Nahi. It was a very good show and since it was my first show, I got to learn a lot too in this acting field.

How did acting happen to you?

Since childhood, I was interested in acting but maybe I did not have the confidence to take a step in this industry. After I finished my MBA from Pune, I planned to fulfill my acting dream in Mumbai. I kept giving auditions and that is how I got Ruk Jana Nahi and now Jodha Akbar.

How did you crack the role of Jodha?

As an actor I kept giving audition and this is how I came to know that there are auditions happening for Balaji Telefilms upcoming show Jodha Akbar and I thought of giving it a chance. There were around 7000 auditions which took place all over India and out of them I got selected. I am grateful to God for giving me this opportunity to work with such a big production house in an amazing show with an extremely talented cast.

What was your first reaction when you came to know that you are chosen to play Jodha?

I was shocked, surprised and happy all at the same time. For a moment I thought it was a dream. I felt on top of the world.

How do you feel being a part of Jodha Akbar?

I am feeling extremely happy and at the same time I have a lot of responsibility to fulfill as the main lead. It's a challenging role for me and I hope the audience likes my performance. We have a very talented and creative cast and I am sure this show is going to be very entertaining. I hope that this show does great on Indian Television and that we gain a lot of TRP for this show and the performance of each of the actors in the show is appreciated and liked by the audience she ended.

How is it working with Rajat Tokas?

He is an extremely talented actor and he is just the perfect choice for Akbar I feel. Sharing a screen space with such a talented actor is an amazing feeling.

How is it sharing a screen space with senior actors?

I find myself lucky towork with senior actors in this show. Every day is a learning experience for me. They help me learn a lot and polish my acting skills.

How difficult is it to portray the role of Jodha?
I had to do a lot of home work to portray this character. I had to research a lot to know the command in language during the historical era, and had to also take a workshop in squad fighting and horse riding. In totality, I had to learn how to portray Jodha in a royal way. I also watched the movie Jodha Akbar.

Have you thought of getting into films?

Well, for now I haven't thought of Films. I am very happy doing television as of now. But maybe in the future if I get an opportunity and I am ready to take it up then I surely will do it.

Credit: TB

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Jodha is still fresh in our memory. Does that scare you? 

Yes, I am aware of that. It’s my chance to try and convince viewers of my portrayal as the new Jodha. It’s one of the loveliest characters in history. 

Were you good in History? 

I am very interested in history and my father has done his PhD in that subject. I am from Indore but I did my MBA from Pune as it ensured better placement and exposure. 

How did acting happen? 

Acting happened about two years back. I was always interested in acting but I wasn’t confident about my acting skills. My parents wanted me to complete my studies and take up a corporate job. But I convinced them to let me try showbiz. 

It’s been two years since I came to Mumbai and tried my luck at acting. The journey has been very long. I started with theatre, did a few shows at the Prithvi theatre, and then bagged a couple of small roles. 

Apparently, there were around 7,000 girls auditioning for the role. What was the audition like? 

I did not know then that they were auditioning people from all over India. I am really grateful to Ekta Kapoor and the channel. 

I was given a long page of dialogue for the audition. It was like any other regular audition. Ekta ma’m liked it and said ‘She is my Jodha!’ 

Have you learnt horse riding for the serial? 

Yes, I did a 10-day workshop in sword fighting and horse riding…

What do you feel about wearing such heavy jewellery? 

It’s frustrating to wear jewellery all the time as in real life I am very simple. But you have to wear everything that a character demands. 

Is doing a historical a risky proposition? 

Yes, it is, but it was my dream to play Jodha. The challenge is to set oneself apart from the crowd, so doing a historical is risky but worth it. I am hoping the show works and is a hit. It is beautifully made and we are working hard on it. 

Jodha was a beautiful Rajputana princess. She was a good singer and dancer so these aspects come to the fore. 

Which was your favourite historical/ mythological TV show? 

I don’t get time to watch TV but I used to watch Ramayana/Mahabharata as a child.

Certain groups in Rajasthan have taken objection saying Jodha never really married Akbar. 

It’s a matter of perception and there have been many historians who have definitely mentioned that Jodha married Akbar. 

How is it working with your co-star Rajat Tokas (who plays Akbar)? 

He is a trained actor and has had a hit show (Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan) behind him. 

We haven’t shot too many scenes together yet. He likes discussing a scene before enacting it. I think the experience will only get better in the future.
 by Rajul Hegde

other interesting interviews 

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-22, 23:35; edited 3 times in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-18, 00:11

Jodha sees Akbar for the first time 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thghLmB0_60

Jodha is seen preaching lord krishna on the other hand Akbar is seen as reading Nawaz.interesting break through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKXHJOeX9es

Akbar and Jodha - Sword fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDm7WnriWxg

October 4 Episode of Jodha Akbar, Jodha feels guilty for getting angry at Akbar after she misunderstands his concern (saving her from Cobra)as his misbehaviour. Akbar and Jodha meet a group of poor Fakirs on their way to Ajmer Sharif. Jodha gets annoyed on Akbar, after he refuses her to lend her jewelleries to them. She gets further annoyed after he gives them his own jewelleries. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=521bZ8t-bJs

October 1 Episode of Jodha Akbar, Mahamanga gets annoyed by Jodha's act of getting disappeared overnight. Akbar also stays bothered about Jodha. Jodha on the other hand, tries to commit suicide by jumping in a lake. Akbar also jumps into the lake and saves her life. Akbar's mother asks for a remedy from Saint Peersaab for the constant disturbances in Akbar's life. Peersaab hence, mentions Akbar and his wife's visit to Ajmer Sharif as a solution to the problem. He also mentions about criteria for Akbar's partner, for the pilgrimage, to be the one who receives the first light of the sun, early that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAj9D26y_E

October 7 Episode of Jodha Akbar, Akbar and Jodha visit a jungle together for hunting. In order to save the animals from being prey, Jodha empties Akbar's gun prior to their visit to the jungle. She informs him about it when he tries to kill a tiger. The tiger attacks Akbar but, Akbar manages to kill him with his knife. Akbar, however, gets seriously injured. Jodha manages to bring him back home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuMItlTaxbw

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-23, 13:58; edited 3 times in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-18, 23:49

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-18, 23:51

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-22, 23:35

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-22, 23:36

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-25, 01:00

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-31, 01:40; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-28, 02:08

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-28, 02:09

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-09-28, 18:24

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-06, 00:35

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-06, 00:39

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-06, 00:42

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-07, 01:36

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-09, 01:52

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-15, 15:41

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-15, 15:45

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-17, 15:59

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-17, 23:59

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-21, 16:35; edited 2 times in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-21, 16:15

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum