Latest topics

Jodha Akbar - 17.September.2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar - 17.September.2013

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-09-18, 16:17

Jodha v/s Maaham Anga

Jodha probably feels that just because she's the Begum, she can tackle Maaham Anga. This viewpoint surely needs to be corrected. She has seen it in the past, but the lesson has not sunk in yet.

Jodha - The Prosecution

Jodha - the approach she took with Maaham was, at best, naive. All it did was to alert Maaham to Jodha's gameplan even before Jodha had made the first move effectively.

Jodha was very accurate in the reasons she gave Moti for not telling Jalal about Raheem's disclosure. However, those reaons would stand nonetheless no matter how Jodha went about this situation - unless she brought an undeniable proof to Jalal for Maaham's involvement in the crime.

I don't know how much time it took Jodha to come up with a plan she executed in the royal kitchen, but it took Maaham a few minutes to overthrow it.

It was naive to have Maaham called to the kitchen for the drama. Such an act put Maaham already on the guard, and also hit her Vazeer-e-Aliya ego. Not a wise move. All it seemed was a show of Jodha's superiority over Maaham's station - that did not go down well with Maaham.

I'm not sure what Jodha was trying to achieve by staging a drama before Maaham. It only showed a high degree of over-confidence in Jodha. Bad move, again. In fact, unnecessary move.

What Jodha might have wanted to aim towards should've been a confession of sorts from Maaham. Alerting her to her knowledge of Maaham's crime without saying how - was never going to work in Jodha's favor.

More than a show of over-confidence, it showed Maaham the mental calibre of Jodha which is on a serious low compared with her guts. She's shown Maaham - ample times - how well she can be manipulated.

Jodha ought to have been alerted to Maaham's next step, when Maaham announced that they should go to Jalal. If Maaham is so forthcoming to walk to Jalal herself, then some forethought may be needed and haste may be avoided.

Jodha ought to have been alerted yet again when, in Jalal's chamber, Maaham overtook Jodha and didn't give time or space for Jodha to state her accusation or her proof. Jodha should have gone in first - but she did not.

Not only was Jodha silly to confront Maaham on her own, I don't why she thought Maaham would go and accept the crime for which no proof had yet been submitted. If she really thinks Maaham was a murderess, did she not think that Maaham would be able to use her position both as a Vazeer-e-aaliya and Jalal's Badi Ammi to her advantage?

Jodha gave Maaham a full opportunity to let Maaham have an upper hand.

And Maaham took it.

Maaham Anga - The Defense

Back when Jodha saved Raheem from drowning, it took Maaham seconds to change her approach when Jodha related her side of the story. In a matter of a few well-chosen statements, she'd showed Jodha how easily - despite it being Maaham's fault, Jalal saw Maaham's good intentions; and despite Jodha was the do-gooder, she got the raw deal.

Her speech to Jalal was every the genius. It carried the mark of a seasoned strategist who's spent the years overlooking a kingdom in a royal court. Maaham Anga clearly dismissed the case in her favor without so much as giving the prosecution a chance.

The scene was handled with a brilliant perspective - from Maaham's angle.

The sheer genius was in the fact that Maaham won the battle without even going into defence. All she did was 'accept'. At once, Jalal was on the back foot. Jodha didn't know where she stood. Throughout Maaham's speech, Jodha was at the tether's end to see where she was going with her acceptance of the crime.

It wasn't until the end when she submitted herself to the feet of the emporer that Jodha finally saw that Maaham had won it and Jalal had delivered the verdict in her favor. Jodha hadn't spoken and Jalal already had the view that Maaham gave him - Jodha accused Maaham because Maaham had first accused Jodha.

Jalal - The Judge

It is indeed the lack of 'vivek' in Jalal - which both Jodha and Bharmal point out - which is seen again as Maaham delivered her speech.

One cannot really blame Jalal for it. He's given Maaham the place above his own mother. He trusts her and reveres her above everyone else in the kingdom and family. After all, how can he doubt the woman who raised him as a son?

Jalal would again be grilled by Jodha for not looking into a matter well enough.
Jodha would again be grilled by Jalal for seeking vengeance from him by attacking those he loved.
Maaham would be scot-free? Remains to be seen.

However, if Jalal decides in favor of Maaham, it is as much Jodha's fault in appraoching the matter unwisely as much as Jalal's being biased.

*~*

Jalal and the Father-in-law

It was true treat to watch Bharmal give a fatherly lesson coupled with father-like love, concern, and discipline to Jalal.

Once again, loved the scene from the point of view perspective brilliance.

Bharmal's advice to Jalal comes very clean and clear cut. He is remarkably direct in his approach, keeping in mind the status of the king and the son-in-law and the relationship.

The way Bharmal delivers his advice to Jalal shows his genuine concern for him even though it makes clear the displeasure he had to face due to Jalal's lack of discernment.

It was also a treat to watch Jalal's submissive side. Perhaps, it goes to show how much Jalal now trusts and respects Bharmal that he listens to Bharmal and accepts what he says in good spirit. Jalal isn't as mindless as Jodha thinks he is. He does the extremist act at times, but he is able to submit when he sees the occasion.

Jalal also sees that Bharmal as yet does not fully trust him. Bharmal minced no words with Jalal - either during their private discussion or when he bade the Begum Hamida goodbye. He stated very clearly that he and his wife are at peace in Amer because Hamida is with Jodha in Agra. Jalal was quick to notice Bharmal's quip and Hamida's love for Jodha.

--

All in all a good episode!

--

Thankfully, as per precap, Ruqu darlin' smells a rat. She knows Jodha isn't foolish enough to blame Maaham Anga without proof. As she is the one who had monopoly on Jalal's mind - hope she gets to the bottom of this trash and has a better strategy than Jodha.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar - 17.September.2013

Post by pollyanna on 2013-09-18, 16:35

Hi Shalini...so true....I was quite surprised with Moti-Jodha dialogues but then had a head-desk moment when Jodha committed harakiri in the kitchen...uff does she even belong to royal family of Amer....DUMBNESS personified.

Thankfully her sauten, Ruks will see light and show her some too Wink 

Loved the analysis....superb!!!cheers

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-09-18, 16:54

pollyanna wrote:Hi Shalini...so true....I was quite surprised with Moti-Jodha dialogues but then had a head-desk moment when Jodha committed harakiri in the kitchen...uff does she even belong to royal family of Amer....DUMBNESS personified.

I really do agree! I keep wondering what exactly what Jodha aiming at. Did she really think that putting up a show and showing Maaham Anga some bottles and hinting repeatedly at 'Dhature ka ark' would bring out a confession!?

I am quite willing to oblige by Ruqaiya's view on Jodha - she does not have the capability to meddle in political matters. She is a bad detective - we saw it in Moti's case. She's failed to pick up on getting her name cleared and finding out the real culprit. And now - she's messed up a golden opportunity.

Thank you, though :D

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-09-18, 17:13

ShaliniRobinson wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Hi Shalini...so true....I was quite surprised with Moti-Jodha dialogues but then had a head-desk moment when Jodha committed harakiri in the kitchen...uff does she even belong to royal family of Amer....DUMBNESS personified.

I really do agree! I keep wondering what exactly what Jodha aiming at. Did she really think that putting up a show and showing Maaham Anga some bottles and hinting repeatedly at 'Dhature ka ark' would bring out a confession!?

I am quite willing to oblige by Ruqaiya's view on Jodha - she does not have the capability to meddle in political matters. She is a bad detective - we saw it in Moti's case. She's failed to pick up on getting her name cleared and finding out the real culprit. And now - she's messed up a golden opportunity.

Thank you, though :D
Yup I feel like showing her the mirror when she is barking at Jalal with her childish rants......what has she done for Moti's cause...zilch...now her kroth and ghrina are just misplaced, forced.......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-09-18, 18:55

I can understand the reason for Jodha's anger but the way she is going about when she learns the truth is plain stupid! And yes agree with you and Pals what was that totally contradictory..one time she tells Moti she will be careful this time and next minute she goes bonkers and orders MA to the kitchen...its totally illogical!

I loved the Bharmal Jalal scene...Rajat was fab with the guilt looks! Loved Bharmal's quip with Begum Hamida...what a way to say tht her MIL is the saviour not the hubby!
Awesome writing!

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-09-19, 09:12

zuzana wrote:I can understand the reason for Jodha's anger but the way she is going about when she learns the truth is plain stupid! And yes agree with you and Pals what was that totally contradictory..one time she tells Moti she will be careful this time and next minute she goes bonkers and orders MA to the kitchen...its totally illogical!

I loved the Bharmal Jalal scene...Rajat was fab with the guilt looks! Loved Bharmal's quip with Begum Hamida...what a way to say tht her MIL is the saviour not the hubby!
Awesome writing!
Thank you, Buddy!

Yeah i have to agree. The chap does well with expressions :)

Bharmal acted every way a king, a father, and a father-in-law... and even a samdhi. :)even Jalal sees that!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-19, 09:33

A beautiful post Shalini actually I liked yesterdays episode  very much .. And your analysis has made it even more  meaningful..... Thanks for this my dear friend .....

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-19, 11:59; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-09-19, 11:13

Loved it Shalini. Thumbsup Jodha hasn't yet realised that Jalal considers MA above his mother or she is just turning a blind eye to this fact.. Why though??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-09-19, 11:26

Thank you, buddies :)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-09-19, 11:33

ShaliniRobinson wrote:Thank you, buddies :)

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-09-19, 11:38

Maria J wrote:Loved it Shalini. Thumbsup Jodha hasn't yet realised that Jalal considers MA above his mother or she is just turning a blind eye to this fact.. Why though??
I s'pose Jodha realizes but... she can't keep herself quiet on the fact that she found proof against her. To her, the truth in this matter matters the most it seems. scratch

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:58

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum