Latest topics

Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!551

Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-23, 12:10


Beautiful lead pair, the colourful and extravagant sets and costumes, the over the top dramatics, the catchy theme song …these are some of the ingredients of what an Indian Television show is made up of. 

Every channel airs a few, which captures the audiences imagination and makes them escape the reality of their lives for half an hour every day.

However, very rarely, there comes a show that not only does that but ends up becoming an integral part of its fans lives. This was the case with Star Plus’s top rating romantic drama, Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? which first aired on June 6 2011 and went off air on Nov 30 2012.

But despite this, 8 months after, it still lives in the hearts of fans that haven’t let their love and devotion for the show die out!

Was it the intense onscreen chemistry of Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Kumari Gupta, played respectively by Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani, that stole viewers hearts? Or was it the interesting and exciting storyline? 

Or maybe the fact that each and every actor played their role par excellence? Whatever the reason may be the fact remains that this show was a class apart. It created history when the channel decided to take it off air when it did, so abruptly, when its male lead, Barun Sobti, decided to quit due to health reasons.

Once it became known that the channel had decided to replace him, it is then that the massive global fandom that the show had garnered came to light with fans collectively voicing their displeasure at the decision which eventually led to being a key factor in the channel taking the decision they did! A First for Indian Television!


Fast forward to 8 months later….The love and adulation for the show has only grown.

The global fandom which encompasses fans in countries like UK, USA, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Europe, West Indies, Africa and the list goes on, has grown exponentially as proven by a look at the active posts on it.


The show enjoys a very healthy fame on numerous blogs, discussion forums, social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.The IPKKNDians (as the fans are lovingly referred to) are spread far and wide across the internet world.

Special mention needs to be made for the unparalleled fandom of the show that exists on Twitter. The fans of the show that are on this social network site are referred to as TIFS (Twitter IPKKND Family) and are a definite force to be reckoned with when it comes to showing their love for their beloved show, whether it be in terms of discussing it 24/7, winning numerous polls for it, participating in quizzes and more famously, doing World Wide Trends for it! They are certainly among the minority within the television show fandoms in achieving this herculean task and that too so many times!

Add to this, they have managed to convert RJs from various global radio stations into fans of the show with their constant tweets to them regarding any and every aspect of IPKKND. This was very evident when RJs from radio stations such as Raj Baddhan from Sabras Radio UK, Vikash Pattni and Shiksha Arora from East FM Kenya, Shreeja Sharma from Desi 1170Am USA, Altu Phaltu from NY’s WLIE 540am and Smriti from 107.8 Power Fm Kolkata, participated on the second anniversary of the show on June 6th of this year by interviewing fans, dedicating the show that day to IPKKND and playing the show’s title tracks and its signature song Teri Meri which has now become synonymous with the lead characters Arnav and Khushi.

This undying, loyal and divinely devotion didn’t go unnoticed by Star Plus. The CEO of Star Network UK/Asia, Mr Rajan Singh, had tried to get DVDs of the show made due to a huge demand for it from fans around the world. However, due to various constraints this didn’t materialise. Despite this set back, he went ahead and arranged for a rerun of the show on Life OK International both in Hindi (with subtitles) and for the first time for any Indian TV show, dubbed in English!

Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon reruns started on 8th of this month and according to the *Biz Asia data, in its very first week, out rated some of the shows currently being aired on rival channels, including one of Star Plus!

One huge disappointment though was that the Indian fans of the show were left out from this pleasure and the rest of the IPKKNDians are currently voicing their support and asking for the reruns to be aired in India too!

With the serial being dubbed in English the global fandom it enjoys is growing exponentially and there is no stopping the love that new fans are showing for the romantic saga of Arnav and Khushi.



And so with the show being back on the screen, the endless stream of collages, video mixes, tweets, Facebook posts and pages, discussions on forums, debates, fan fictions and edits keep on being churned out for a fan base that just can’t get enough of and can’t stop loving the show that has become an integral part of their lives…..one can only ask…. Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? (What To Call This Love?)


Newsroom reporter Niharika manned to get in contact with Sanaya Irani and Niharika managed to highlight some important points to tell Sanaya Irani about the article made by Mahezabeen Tariq.

Sanaya Irani averred,”I am extremely obliged to know that IPKKND is still re-creating the magic with the re-runs in UK.I am taking this opportunity to thank all the fans for giving the entire cast of IPKKND so much love.”

Written by – Mahezabeen Tariq

Disclaimer : Newsroom is not responsible for the content of this article and we are not in relation with any media site mentioned in this article.This is a fans section corner which is written by fans and Newsroom doesn’t agree with the same.

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts: 27494
Join date: 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-23, 12:18

There was a book  I had read of Agatha Christie  !! In that there was one scene which speaks about love !!

It says that Love Kills !! Love destroys!! Love smothers!  ..I think  IPK love was one such !

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts: 16598
Join date: 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-23, 12:19

Thanks sumi for sharing...had read in FB n felt proud....ipk,def. Is a part of my life....its been only 8 months, i have a belief it wil be stil intact in my heart when i wil take my last breath :-) ...,close my eyes forever

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts: 2716
Join date: 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-23, 12:27

Tanthya wrote:There was a book  I had read of Agatha Christie  !! In that there was one scene which speaks about love !!

It says that Love Kills !! Love destroys!! Love smothers!  ..I think  IPK love was one such !
Yes that smothered part applies to me very well

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts: 27494
Join date: 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-09-23, 12:29

aasudi wrote:Thanks sumi for sharing...had read in FB n felt proud....ipk,def. Is a part of my life....its been only 8 months, i have a belief it will be still  intact in my heart when i will take my last breath :-) ...,close my eyes forever
Hugs Aasudi ..hug1 

 this is so far the best love story I have seen in my life ....

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts: 27494
Join date: 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-09-23, 16:31

tfs sweetheart

perfumeheaven
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 2326
Join date: 2013-05-08
Location: Trinidad and Tobago

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by archie_79 on 2013-09-24, 00:55

TFS Manu!!

IPK was the best romantic show I have ever seen in my life.  I do rewatch scenes from it still every now & then & still dont get tired of it


However, I agree with Tants, excessive love sometimes turns harmful. Some IPK fans have turned obsessive which is ruining the memories of this beautiful show for others. Wish we remember the sweet memories of IPK & not turn it bitter just for one's obsessive love.


Last edited by archie_79 on 2013-09-24, 10:00; edited 1 time in total

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts: 10356
Join date: 2013-02-04
Location: Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by Shegarf71 on 2013-09-24, 01:58

Thanks for the post,Manu!! hug1 
It speaks the truth...nothing but the truth so help us God!!

SHEGARFS...IPK DEVOTED SERIES....
AB iss show ko kya Naam doon
Jissne iss kaddar jadoo kiya
AB iss yaad ko kya Naam doon
Jo pal pal na koi bhoole
Par har pal koi yaad kare
Kyun ki yaad toh wahi aate hain
Jinhein bhool kar phir yaad Karna padhta hai
Par Jo yaad ho kar bhi yaad aaye
Usse anmol khazana kaha Jaata hai
Pyaar KE har pehloo ko azmaaya hai zaalim
Par yeh IPK hai Jo humein aazmaye Jaata hai....


For those of my friends in English...

Now what should I name this show
That has cast a spell so deep?
Now what should I name this memory...
That each moment no one forgets
That every moment one remembers
Because one only remembers something you forget
And then have to remember over again
But what if it's something one has never forgotten
But still you want to remember again and again?
That is called a rare treasure
One that's beyond measure...
My friend ,I have tested every aspect of love
But it's this love of IPK...that has me in awe!!

Shegarf71
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5198
Join date: 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-24, 07:04

archie_79 wrote:TFS Manu!!

IPK was the best romantic show I have ever seen in my life.  I do rewatch scenes from it still every now & then & still dont get tired of it


However, I agree with Aasudi, excessive love sometimes turns harmful. Some IPK fans have turned obsessive which is ruining the memories of this beautiful show for others. Wish we remember the sweet memories of IPK & not turn it bitter just for one's obsessive love.
shilpa, r u mistaken??
I dnt get the link of agreeing me and the excessive love- obsession thing....i hvnt hinted such dear,hav i?

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts: 2716
Join date: 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by archie_79 on 2013-09-24, 09:59

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:TFS Manu!!

IPK was the best romantic show I have ever seen in my life.  I do rewatch scenes from it still every now & then & still dont get tired of it


However, I agree with Aasudi, excessive love sometimes turns harmful. Some IPK fans have turned obsessive which is ruining the memories of this beautiful show for others. Wish we remember the sweet memories of IPK & not turn it bitter just for one's obsessive love.
shilpa, r u mistaken??
I dnt get the link of agreeing me and the excessive love- obsession thing....i hvnt hinted such dear,hav i?
Oopppsss Galti se mistake ho gaya

It was Tants not u, excuse me, it was written in my half-asleep state at night. Will Edit it :lol!:

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts: 10356
Join date: 2013-02-04
Location: Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-24, 10:41

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:TFS Manu!!

IPK was the best romantic show I have ever seen in my life.  I do rewatch scenes from it still every now & then & still dont get tired of it


However, I agree with Aasudi, excessive love sometimes turns harmful. Some IPK fans have turned obsessive which is ruining the memories of this beautiful show for others. Wish we remember the sweet memories of IPK & not turn it bitter just for one's obsessive love.
shilpa, r u mistaken??
I dnt get the link of agreeing me and the excessive love- obsession thing....i hvnt hinted such dear,hav i?
Oopppsss Galti se mistake ho gaya

It was Tants not u, excuse me, it was written in my half-asleep state at night. Will Edit it :lol!:
no problem at all...it happens...i wrote it must b 'tants' not me but deleted it...hehe....i re-read at least 3 times both ur n mine to get the link, woh actually i wrote sth that makes me look like obsessive of ipk...in fact i m obsessive ;-)winks

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts: 2716
Join date: 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by archie_79 on 2013-09-24, 11:57

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:TFS Manu!!

IPK was the best romantic show I have ever seen in my life.  I do rewatch scenes from it still every now & then & still dont get tired of it


However, I agree with Aasudi, excessive love sometimes turns harmful. Some IPK fans have turned obsessive which is ruining the memories of this beautiful show for others. Wish we remember the sweet memories of IPK & not turn it bitter just for one's obsessive love.
shilpa, r u mistaken??
I dnt get the link of agreeing me and the excessive love- obsession thing....i hvnt hinted such dear,hav i?
Oopppsss Galti se mistake ho gaya

It was Tants not u, excuse me, it was written in my half-asleep state at night. Will Edit it :lol!:
no problem at all...it happens...i wrote it must b 'tants' not me but deleted it...hehe....i re-read at least 3 times both ur n mine to get the link, woh actually i wrote sth that makes me look like obsessive of ipk...in fact i m obsessive ;-)winks
We all r kind of obsessive Sush but ours is a different kind. We dont smother IPK or its cast with our obsession. We are happy with what we have already got & obsess over it while some obsess over what they havent got or was left unfulfilled & make life difficult for others

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts: 10356
Join date: 2013-02-04
Location: Bangalore

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by Shegarf71 on 2013-09-24, 23:50

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:shilpa, r u mistaken??
I dnt get the link of agreeing me and the excessive love- obsession thing....i hvnt hinted such dear,hav i?
Oopppsss Galti se mistake ho gaya

It was Tants not u, excuse me, it was written in my half-asleep state at night. Will Edit it :lol!:
no problem at all...it happens...i wrote it must b 'tants' not me but deleted it...hehe....i re-read at least 3 times both ur n mine to get the link, woh actually i wrote sth that makes me look like obsessive of ipk...in fact i m obsessive ;-)winks
We all r kind of obsessive Sush but ours is a different kind. We dont smother IPK or its cast with our obsession. We are happy with what we have already got & obsess over it while some obsess over what they havent got or was left unfulfilled & make life difficult for others
Absolutely right,Shilps!!... hug1 

Shegarf71
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5198
Join date: 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-09-25, 09:25

Shegarf71 wrote:
Thanks for the post,Manu!! hug1 
It speaks the truth...nothing but the truth so help us God!!

SHEGARFS...IPK DEVOTED SERIES....
AB iss show ko kya Naam doon
Jissne iss kaddar jadoo kiya
AB iss yaad ko kya Naam doon
Jo pal pal na koi bhoole
Par har pal koi yaad kare
Kyun ki yaad toh wahi aate hain
Jinhein bhool kar phir yaad Karna padhta hai
Par Jo yaad ho kar bhi yaad aaye
Usse anmol khazana kaha Jaata hai
Pyaar KE har pehloo ko azmaaya hai zaalim
Par yeh IPK hai Jo humein aazmaye Jaata hai....


For those of my friends in English...

Now what should I name this show
That has cast a spell so deep?
Now what should I name this memory...
That each moment no one forgets
That every moment one remembers
Because one only remembers something you forget
And then have to remember over again
But what if it's something one has never forgotten
But still you want to remember again and again?
That is called a rare treasure
One that's beyond measure...
My friend ,I have tested every aspect of love
But it's this love of IPK...that has me in awe!!
How beautifully you write my dear ...your Love for Arshi shines through the post and brings a smile on my face .. Thanks for sharing your composition ..

flower flower 

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts: 446
Join date: 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-09-25, 09:55

@shilpa

i bow down to ur understanding...to ur love and to ur words

aap ke charan kidher hai mate ;-)

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts: 2716
Join date: 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fans Special : Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon? …….Literally!

Post by Shegarf71 on 2013-09-25, 20:09

..rosa.. wrote:
Shegarf71 wrote:
Thanks for the post,Manu!! hug1 
It speaks the truth...nothing but the truth so help us God!!

SHEGARFS...IPK DEVOTED SERIES....
AB iss show ko kya Naam doon
Jissne iss kaddar jadoo kiya
AB iss yaad ko kya Naam doon
Jo pal pal na koi bhoole
Par har pal koi yaad kare
Kyun ki yaad toh wahi aate hain
Jinhein bhool kar phir yaad Karna padhta hai
Par Jo yaad ho kar bhi yaad aaye
Usse anmol khazana kaha Jaata hai
Pyaar KE har pehloo ko azmaaya hai zaalim
Par yeh IPK hai Jo humein aazmaye Jaata hai....


For those of my friends in English...

Now what should I name this show
That has cast a spell so deep?
Now what should I name this memory...
That each moment no one forgets
That every moment one remembers
Because one only remembers something you forget
And then have to remember over again
But what if it's something one has never forgotten
But still you want to remember again and again?
That is called a rare treasure
One that's beyond measure...
My friend ,I have tested every aspect of love
But it's this love of IPK...that has me in awe!!
How beautifully you write my dear ...your  Love for Arshi shines through the post and brings a smile on my face .. Thanks for sharing your composition ..

flower flower 
Hi Rosa wave  thanks so much for your love of the poem...if it brought a smile to your face reading it...it brought a smile to my face writing it... Heart  please do share your own love of ipk...love is love...no matter how you say it.... Bye 

Shegarf71
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5198
Join date: 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum