Latest topics

Chalk and Cheese or Two sides of the same coin called woman – Zoya and Tanveer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-03-11, 10:33

Man maketh the clothes or clothes maketh the man? Appearance of a person can lead to a perception, however do one’s clothes be the parameter of one’s thinking? Should one dress the way one is or the way one wants to be perceived? In Qubool Hai, we recently saw that at Quran Khawani, Zoya Farooqui (Surbhi Jyoti) was put down by some women for the way she was dressed. She was perceived to be inappropriately dressed for the occasion. And Dilshaad Ahmed Khan (Shalini Kapoor) had not only defended her but also raised a question if what one wears determines one outlook?

Does wearing certain type of clothes create a perception that may classify one in certain category of person? For example Traditional or Modern? Zoya Farooqui wears jeans and kurtis, though every inch of her body is covered, a traditional person might consider this to be a modern dressing which is not Indian culture.

Tanveer (Nisha Nagpal) wears traditional clothes. She is perhaps then perceived as a traditional lady. However, does one’s attire make one’s personality? Yes and no.

Asad Ahmed Khan (Karan Singh Grover) is a traditional man. His clothes however do not reflect that. His ideal woman is a traditional woman who dresses conservatively, soft spoken and biddable. Tannu is just that. Zoya however is antithesis of all that he likes in a woman. She wears modern outfits, is outspoken and a rebel. He dislikes her. Or so he thinks. But, his heart has not heard his head. He had admitted to it himself.

Zoya and Tanveer are two women who represent the two sides of a woman, the traditional and the modern. We at Forum 32 would like to know which one of them do you identify with most?

As you watch Qubool Hai on Zee TV every weekday at 9:30pm, there are questions that will arise, about femininity, conservatism vis-a-vis modernity and rebellious personalities. Do you end up making a choice or do you not make any judgements based on appearances?

Credit: Forum 32

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Chalk and Cheese or Two sides of the same coin called woman – Zoya and Tanveer

Post by lalsunvid on 2013-03-11, 10:54

'Appearances are often deceptive" !!! Though we haven't got much inside about Tanveer....she seems to be the Ms.Fit for any typical household...... When she didn't want to discuss Asad's family affairs infront of Zoya it was much reiterated.

Zoya is not correct all the time.....even though we may claim her intentions aren't wrong. But her rebellious attitude should be appreciated as much as her antics proves inappropriate.....atleast for Mr.Asad Ahmad khan....who immediately jumps to conclusions...without asking any party any explanations.....

lalsunvid
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Re: Chalk and Cheese or Two sides of the same coin called woman – Zoya and Tanveer

Post by anurao66 on 2013-03-11, 11:43

Pallu thanks for posting this article.

Well how can we answer the question when we know so little about Tanveer. Zoya may be very modern clothes but she longs for traditional relationships from her heart. She is willing to give up finding her father just to help he Poophhi Dildhaad. This is misundertood by Asad who always jumps the gun and makes wrong assumptions.

We cant comment on Tanveer, we have to see more of her.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-03-11, 14:08

Pallo first of all thanks for posting this interesting topic
Im a modern women I believe but when u look the way I dress u will feel im too much conservative and traditional. But no you guys know how much modern im in my thoughts, with the way we talk and share things. So in case of tanu we knew little about her but I feel she is one like what Asad prefers but in my opinion zoya is modern in thought and in dressing she discloses that and that doesn’t mean that she is not fit to be ideal bahu as Asad presumes. But what if the traditional dress wearing women is no good in character. So I think we need to watch this weeks epi to analyze tanu but zoya is a gem when it comes to heart .

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by fire.whisky on 2013-03-12, 02:37

All that I want to shout out loud is, no matter what Human can't be judged on the appearance whatsoever. Clothes can never make a human, what human is. So yes, here Mr. Asad Ahmed Khan, will definitely have to take a back seat and ponder! Sleep

fire.whisky
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-03-12, 04:19

Tfs

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-03-12, 14:07

Very interesting post Pals ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-03-12, 17:58

Hi pallu thanks for posting re.....will defo add my comments tomorrow

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:30

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum