Latest topics

ILKDM#24 : Grin and Bear the Grihn !!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ILKDM#24 : Grin and Bear the Grihn !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-29, 14:43

jshweta16 wrote:Nice post. I really feel the CVs has made the character of Jodha more real life than we usually read or hear in ancient time stories. Jalal has always troubled her intentionally or unintentionally. Right from the starting episodes where the mughals looted the temple and raped(though they haven't shown it) Motibai who is more than a dasi to her. Her only friend whom she trusts more than her sisters. We all know how much it hurts us to see our loved one in pain. Shes a young girl before a Rajkumari and now a Begum. Even after the marriage Jalal and ruqaiya tried everything to humiliate her in front of his Darbar. How many of us would like to be treated as a trash by our husband/bf ? I guess no one. He, ruqaiya and MA are the three musketeers who has driven her crazy. Shes totally alone in Agra and obviously feeling insecure and is now vulnerable. CVs has created her character hatke from a pativrata who will bear all the humiliation, abuse from a husband. Cummon i mean every women wants to be loved/cared and respected from her better half and Jodha is no exception. Jalal was never in mood to treat her like the way he treats ruquaiya and salima. Why this partiality ? . Has he ever tried to know why jodha hates him even before their marriage? No. Does he know the motibai incident ? No. Does he justifies the looting of temples by his army ? . He has given her freedom not to change her religion. But then again they showed him talkin to MA that he is just doing this for his own benefits so that his so called riyaya will think that he is secular. Jodha is shown short tempered but so is her dear husband. Theres no point in criticizing her.
Thank You, Shweta

Yes, I agree..it is to the credit of maker's  that they have not tried to turn Jodha into a paragon of virtue, she is capricious, impulsive, quick to anger, quick tongued  but at the same time she has the heart of gold..  Shee knows she is alone in Agra, She knows she is at the mercy of Jalal and Ruqaiyya yet she does not indulge in flattering their ego, she remains steadfast in her beliefs and conviction , has the courage to stand by her ideals .. and that takes some pluck !!

Having said that , I would also say, Just as jalal never tried to find out the reason for  Jodha's hatred, Jodha too never tried to intimate him about the cause of her hate .. Both have entered this alliance with deep set prejudice against one another , their misconceptions strong and  negative .. Both will take some time to trust one another and when that happen, they will take further steps which will strengthen their relationship, Until then we are set for a delightful watch

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-30, 11:25

Abavi wrote:I am always on the side of jungles billi biwi... but then, didn't Ja set the expectations right on the very first night of their wedding... I shall save you from others... but no one can save u from me... which meant clearly that jab hum akele hothehai tho mein kya karoonga, kaise tumne treat karoonga.. will definitely break your pride dear biwi... he has been true to his words
but off late, he has been breaking her pride publicly and that is being objected to by Jodha .

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-30, 11:38

aishu30 wrote:Thanks Tants...
My Pleasure, Aishu :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-09-30, 11:56

Ggn_girl wrote:Nice Post. Love to read you.

I haven't watched for over a week (only been following the written update, work is crazy) :( , my support sways like a pendulam between Jalal and Jodha, with extra sways towards Jodha ofcourse.Wink 
I don't like Jala's intentions (whatever they may translate into later on in their story), he wants to break her. Why the kolaveri!! what started of as ''emperor'" continues after he becomes the husband. 
He has always  hurt Jodha, even says that it gives him immense pleasure in taunting her.
IMO, Jalal deserves what ever he is receiving. Twisted Evil 
Only thing i can say in his defense is that he needs a lot more time/events to start to trust her and know her.  

W.r.t Jodha, i love that she is not the gunvathi TV Soap bahu and fights for herself and her family. She shows affection and concern whenever it warrants. 
With Jalal, it it were me, i would throw some chilli powder on his face and be done with it.(totally in self defense Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

Hope to catch up with the episodes on the weekend and share more thoughts.
Thank You, GGn

Same here, I sway like pendulum too..Although most often it is Jalal who gets the benefit of doubt , off late I felt Jodha has been under attack too much.. time to present from her view..

we have to understand that Jalal was not brought up as a regular man, he was brought as a trained assassin devoid of any emotions, primed to kill without conscience ..hence his  lack of empathy is understandable but what makes the difference is, he was also trained to be a able administrator and King  and here Jalal failed when it mattered.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-09-30, 21:02

Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:Nice Post. Love to read you.

I haven't watched for over a week (only been following the written update, work is crazy) :( , my support sways like a pendulam between Jalal and Jodha, with extra sways towards Jodha ofcourse.Wink 
I don't like Jala's intentions (whatever they may translate into later on in their story), he wants to break her. Why the kolaveri!! what started of as ''emperor'" continues after he becomes the husband. 
He has always  hurt Jodha, even says that it gives him immense pleasure in taunting her.
IMO, Jalal deserves what ever he is receiving. Twisted Evil 
Only thing i can say in his defense is that he needs a lot more time/events to start to trust her and know her.  

W.r.t Jodha, i love that she is not the gunvathi TV Soap bahu and fights for herself and her family. She shows affection and concern whenever it warrants. 
With Jalal, it it were me, i would throw some chilli powder on his face and be done with it.(totally in self defense Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

Hope to catch up with the episodes on the weekend and share more thoughts.
Thank You, GGn

Same here, I sway like pendulum too..Although most often it is Jalal who gets the benefit of doubt , off late I felt Jodha has been under attack too much.. time to present from her view..

we have to understand that Jalal was not brought up as a regular man, he was brought as a trained assassin devoid of any emotions, primed to kill without conscience ..hence his  lack of empathy is understandable but what makes the difference is, he was also trained to be a able administrator and King  and here Jalal failed when it mattered.
Yes, Tanthya, he was brought up to be the emperor. I suppose those were  not easy times to be King, esp with so many Gaddars around him. 
I like the subtle way the CVs have managed to differentiate the times that he wants to come out of the Emperor's mould and gets back to it smoothly. 

Vandhana

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:13

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum