Latest topics

ILKDM #26 : Rearview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #26 : Rearview

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-01, 13:17

After a long time , a nice episode with depth and good content !

The 'I m going to Amer - I m sending you to  Amer' circus finally ground to a halt  thanks to a effective sermon of Menavati.

Ever since the commencement of the show, we have been hearing about the virtuous nature of Jodha, witnessed her impetuosity, her kindness, her compassion , her affection. We had  watched her prejudice coloring her interactions with Mughal's, her preconceived notions clouding her judgement , her quickness to judge, misunderstand and to condemn without hearing the full truth BUT what we had not witnessed was her HONESTY !! Ohh, Jodha is a honest girl, Make no mistakes about it, Her everyday interaction,the way she conducted her relationship was always honest but where she was found wanting , was in being honest to HERSELF ! In her blind bias, she was always quick to judge Jalal to the detriment of him, refuse to consider alternatives  nor the  good points .Jodha was a princess  who had remained stuck at the Kali temple incident and had truculently refused to move on , assimilate the new evidence, process them, understand them .Jodha was a prisoner of time, blinkered and enveloped in her own darkness, wrapped in her own misery. Unfortunately the blanket that she had wrapped herself into was yanked away  by her own mother, forcing Jodha to do what she should have done earlier itself..BE HONEST TO THYSELF. Jodha alone in her room, examines her heart like a stranger observing a interesting ongoing spectacle , like a ruthless butcher, she cuts every part of her heart and  critically examining her actions, her motivations, She realizes that  Although the King did try to make her comfortable, she could never be comfortable because , she carried  the bitterness baggage of the past unto the present , staining and corroding the future .So assiduous was she in upholding the  banner of Amer that she forgot to embrace the tradition of Agra , her  supposed home, So eager was she to nest in the womb of Amer, She refused to take the first step towards her destination, Agra .Her failings were ruthlessly examined, accepted without getting self defensive or with self pity but here comes the difference..

Jodha has finally understood that the  Colour yellow was not due to the stain in the makeup of Jalal rather it was because of  her own jaundiced view which threw up a skewed perception of Jalal. Jodha has with admirable honesty perceived the fact that the short coming was there in her too, She never did give a chance to the marriage.Here stands Jodha, on the cusp .. undecided whether to take a plunge and dive headlong into complete acceptance of relationship or retreat further back and cut herself completely  from everything .. predictably, the impetuous princess chooses the latter option  but she has not reckoned on the head strong husband of her's , who will not allow any ignominy on the house of Agra and will stop her from her foolhardy flight.

If the brutal honesty of Jodha was commendable  then Menavati's  hard hitting home truths deserve a standing ovation, not mincing her words, She  took Jodha to task for her self absorption, broke the shackles of self pity , made Jodha realize that  it was not  just her life, the lives of her sisters were toyed with, their future bleak , shaming Jodha into realization that while her sisters are bearing the misfortune without a murmur , she by virtue of being a elder was failing them with her cowardice, her whining .Menavati saw through what  Hameeda could not nor did not want too, that Jodha was  not motivated into making the relationship work,  She pinpointed to Jodha that she has live in a relationship to make it work and not merely exist in one . her furious anger was not reserved for Jodha aloe, with few well chosen words, Menavati let Jalal know the price that Amer has had to pay, the loss of face among their own community, the humiliation of having a alliance in Mughal household , All of which was absorbed by the keenly listening Jalal. How will Jalal try to make amends will prove interesting  as well as how Jodha will reconcile herself to her life, embrace it with whole heart and take that first step  in becoming the  wife of Jalal.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #26 : Rearview

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-01, 13:39

Love u for summarizing in such a succinct, lyrical way about Jodha's state of mind in yesterday's episode.

It was really a very good episode and such a convincing build up to the suicide......I had my reservations earlier about what will force Jodha to take a dive .. A girl in 15th century doesnt have any option other that to give her life....na Agra ki hai aur na Amer ki rahi 

The best part was Menavati's words both to Jalal and Jodha in particular.

Loved Jalal's reaction when he saw a helpless Jodha crying in the darbar, also when Ruks tells him that she might commit suicide, the fear of losing Jodha was so evident but he put up a facade of mughal sultanat ki izzat

Today will be a lovely watch, my eyes will be fixed on Jalal, how he shouts at her but the helpless feeling that he almost lost her....

Edited to add---that HONESTY bit: u should patent it.....that was cheers

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by monsi08 on 2013-10-01, 14:36

havent seen yday's epi.. but looks like Jodha's mom is showing her mirror :)

monsi08
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-10-01, 14:50

What a read what a  read tants

Loved it the way u have described such a beautiful, balanced yet emotional epi

You know what I was itching to make a post on all the women who stole the show last day

Starting form Menavathi- in her crisp and confident, yet painful words she made jodha realise the bitter truth but with so much love and pain.  Being a mother never made her to compel to change her stand and what society views . She is truly a queen of kingdom and she behaved as one and like Barmal  she gave impetus to the rajya not her daughter. So she was fab fab last da.

Rukayya: yeah she was laughing when Jalal took out his frustration on missing jodha and tehzeeb, ruks on the other hand played the fare part. Though she is no friend of jodha, she understood her pain , her helplessness and showed some light to jalal who was  only concerned about (I guess) the unceremonious absence of princess.. I feel in future it will ruks who will make jalal realize that he has fallen in love with jodha

Hamida Bano: Always loved her and her soft nature and yesterday she stood like as she is losing her own daughter. I love her more

Mothi: Always a true friend ad well wisher of jiodha

MA: Even on this day she showed how evil she is except her batheesi wali laugh I like her lot

Finally Jodha: I felt really bad for her , my heart nearly cried for her seeing her helplessness and paridhi nailed it well.  And I wont blame her if she tries to commit suicide. What if she rusn for the same thinking that jalal will make her go to amer. Ruks mentioned there was a custom. What she should do. If she was living in 21st century she could have opted to study, do job, or act, fulfill her passion etc. but that time. no such options then this. poor jodha.:lol!:

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-01, 14:55

nice Tants, i enjoyed the episode, wen v saw the clips on SBS and SBB about Jodha committing suicide wasn't sure they could pull it off in terms of state of mind and lead up but they have set it up nicely... so there is some queen in Jodha's mum, generally c her crying and whining and this time they have her some good dialogues, which were for both Jodha and Jalal...Jodha examines her own heart and she doesn't spare herself.. I'm looking forward to today's episode...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-01, 15:02

YES!!! Jodha had this coming!
And a good thing too that it came courtesy Menavati! Anyone from Agra would not have done... not even Hamida! For the blinkers to fall, it has to be someone of her very own.

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-01, 15:53

pollyanna wrote:Love u for summarizing in such a succinct, lyrical way about Jodha's state of mind in yesterday's episode.

It was really a very good episode and such a convincing build up to the suicide......I had my reservations earlier about what will force Jodha to take a dive .. A girl in 15th century doesnt have any option other that to give her life....na Agra ki hai aur na Amer ki rahi 

Loved Jalal's reaction when he saw a helpless Jodha crying in the darbar, also when Ruks tells him that she might commit suicide, the fear of losing Jodha was so evident but he put up a facade of mughal sultanat ki izzat

Today will be a lovely watch, my eyes will be fixed on Jalal, how he shouts at her but the helpless feeling that he almost lost her....

Shombaadyyy is a Gonerrrrrrrrrrr  !!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Honesty !!! scratch scratch  I have littered the post with honesty like confetti !! kounsi Honesty, Sherni

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-01, 16:05

Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Love u for summarizing in such a succinct, lyrical way about Jodha's state of mind in yesterday's episode.

Shombaadyyy is a Gonerrrrrrrrrrr  !!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Honesty !!! scratch scratch  I have littered the post with honesty like confetti !! kounsi Honesty, Sherni
Jodha (though saare guno ki khaan hai) but  being HONEST WITH THYSELF wala angle.......it was Thumbsup

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-01, 16:08

monsi08 wrote:havent seen yday's epi.. but looks like Jodha's mom is showing her mirror :)
A Badly needed mirror , Mon.. and it was done well too..like laati na breakwa  and snake too diewa kind !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-01, 16:18

pollyanna wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Jodha (though saare guno ki khaan hai) but  being HONEST WITH THYSELF wala angle.......it was Thumbsup
Hawww !!! I thought our phorphathers already spoke about haaneshhtee !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-01, 16:22

sonshine487 wrote:YES!!! Jodha had this coming!
And a good thing too that it came courtesy Menavati! Anyone from Agra would not have done... not even Hamida! For the blinkers to fall, it has to be someone of her very own.
Nor the words from her brothers would have made a dent, it required Menavti  as she was the one who was resistant to the alliance hence her U-turn will make an impression on this spirited Filly ..Good thing too, her blindfold of being accepted back in Amer with all Aan,baan,shaan  was disabused so swiftly.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-01, 19:47

So well put Sathu Thumbsup 
Jodha certainly needed that mirror and her mother was the only one to do it. Before leaving Amer, Meenavati had put together a box representing family that Jo could take with her and even then she was shown a mirror representing her mother.

But I felt really sad for Jodha yesterday, especially when such a personal matter was brought up in court.

As always, its a pleasure to read your take.:)

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-02, 11:19

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:YES!!! Jodha had this coming!
Nor the words from her brothers would have made a dent, it required Menavti  as she was the one who was resistant to the alliance hence her U-turn will make an impression on this spirited Filly ..Good thing too, her blindfold of being accepted back in Amer with all Aan,baan,shaan  was disabused so swiftly.
can't help feeling for her though
na ghar ka na ghaat ka
poor baby!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-02, 13:45

Felt bad for Jodha ... And worse for Jalal ... He too must have found it difficult .....letting go of some one he liked so much .... Unknown to him though ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by anjani-pagli on 2013-10-02, 21:29

very well written post Tathu.. reading u after long time and m loving it!!

anjani-pagli
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum